Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
940 posts

@spiritualskies:

As an empath when you are anxious and depressed, that's a red flag that your chakras are too open and you are taking on too much energy. The steps to feel better start with removing/grounding that energy. And then working on closing and better balancing your chakras.

I would normally suggest several daily salt baths. But you don't seem to do well with those (although that's normally the #1 helper in this situation for fellow empaths so you may want to continue to try it). Are you near a lake or ocean? A swim in either place helps (especially salty water of the ocean will help). Grounding is basically off-loading that low energy and refilling your own personal high vibrational energy. Some people do that through meditation. But honestly, it  happens when you are out in nature, and doing things that you love. Some empaths feel better going for nice hike out in the forest. But another good option is music. Empaths as a general rule are very positively impacted by music. I would suggest going outside with a headset on while listening to some of your favorite happy music. Or watch a favorite musical movie that you like. Just make sure you do all of these things by yourself. Even having one person with you interferes with your energy.

Crystals are also a great way to balance out your chakras. Which ones are you using now?

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
6 months ago
977 posts

I have that same problem where energy seems to be attracted to something in me....I can clear it as much as I want but it seems the energy just FLOATS or flys right in...and it seems to be at a place in my left chest where there's a valve in our soul body that controls the the entrance and exit of extreme emotional energy...that's where most energy that enters my system seems to end up...right at that spot...i've been trying to figure out if the valve is misfuctioning or someone is tampering with it on purpose...which is what i'm leaning towards as I keep clearing it to the point where I'm feeling relief and no more pain and something always comes back to restart the whole process....it also seems to be a vortex that collect negative energy as that when it returns the energy starts building and gravitates to that one spot...it affects my entire system....this for me is not a question of me being the cause or anything that I'm doing to make this happen...its something someone either human or not is doing TO me....for a purpose I dont quite understand....

The energy that enters of course is full of other people nasty low level vibrations and crappy thoughts and it goes throughout my system....it works a lot like anxiety as those thought forms get into my own brain and set up shop making it difficult to think sometimes....I know none of what's going on in my head is me at all....its taken me a long time to figure this much out...lol...

updated by @womanwhowalks: 06/11/18 12:04:12PM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
940 posts

Depression is a miserable thing to go through. I've been there many times so I feel for both of your. Especially when you can't identify the cause. And empath depression is just like that. You often can't figure out where the energy is coming from that is effecting you.

I've been reading a lot of books on negative energy and how it lowers a person's vibration. And in one book the author said that it's been proven that taking long showers releases negative energy. In fact the author cited the use of showers as being common relief prescribed for depressed patients by their psychiatrists. I was wondering if either of you would want to try that (although I know Karen has some water limitations). From my understanding, taking a shower while depressed is kind of like taking an aspirin while having a fever. The aspirin will make you feel better for 3-4 hours. I think the shower similarly gives you short term relief. But that in itself could be helpful.

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
6 months ago
977 posts
Depression from others is not the same as your own...knowing what happens at the energy level and how to clear anything not yours is important....I've found that not all technics work 100% of the time on certain types of energy....doing energy root pulling for the most part works the best on all types of energy as everything we feel is linked to us via cords...the psychic attacks from others who are using this form of energy purposefully to hurt others it works but it's like unravelling a yarn ball...it takes time and fiddling to break these things but it can be done...THEN you use the methods to relax and clear residual energies, do soul repair on your own energy...repair holes in your energy field...etc....learn to do energy work on your own energy after that you'll know exactly what's going on and what to do for each situation....
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
940 posts

@womanwhowalks:

Excellent points. Except that you're talking about some advanced concepts that I don't think a lot of empaths know how to do. It took me quite a while to discern which is outside energy and which is my own. As it turned out the most depressing feelings I had were not my own. But they still made me feel upset and depressed so it was all very confused. When you're at that point, you just want to feel better. What ended up helping me was finding alternate methods to pull myself out of the dumps via grounding techniques. And I did that through salt baths, crystal work, and self-care (extra sleep, doing more enjoyable things like exercise outside etc...).

But if you could better explain your methods then maybe it's not as hard as I think it is to practice?

And while I do believe there are people out there who know how to practice psychic attacks, I also have seen with my own eyes people who have that ability and do it unknowingly. You know the type. The extremely jealous, or alpha male/female types. If you look at them wrong or try to threaten their dominance they strike with ugly looks, and words. My point being, there are a lot more psychic attacks going on then we can really quantify. And then add that to how many people are just unhappy in the world, and all of us poor empaths have a lot to overcome each day.

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
6 months ago
977 posts

I do know all that too...root pulling works on that stuff too...you encounter a person you talk to them they connect to you via energy cords they attach to your energy you start receiving foreign energy everything they feel think etc is now being transferred to you...if you don't pull it out it continues...that how it works....you have to pull it out roots and all residual energy needs to be removed from your energy in order to stop the energy transfer...residual energy will eventually leave but only if the connection to the person in severed and completely removed...I dont do it for everyone anymore but will do a complete removal periodically to even out my energy...the more you do the better you feel...meditate like you would to sever cords but pull the cords out by the root instead...dont cut...pull...you also have to patch up the holes the roots leave behind...I knot everything...pull it together and tie a knot...some fill the holes with light...but for me  I look at the holes as an open would on the skin that needs to be sewn up or patched up in some way in order to keep closed so it wont be infected again...to find the cords think of the person you want removed...you will feel a tug somewhere in your energy...follow that pain ...that pain will be the root....it might be in a memory or a part of the body and just pull...

lol..why else do you think I disappear from this place for long periods of time?...every time I I open this site up I'm overloaded with ALL its members in this site and some of that energy I have to pull out and give myself a rest...I plug in....then I have to unplug to stop the energy from coming in...its not all good energy on this site...but I keep coming back so it not all bad...lol

updated by @womanwhowalks: 06/11/18 02:05:22PM
TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
6 months ago
456 posts
I'm not a fan of depression, and I to get waves of it. Going out in nature has helped the best for me and remaining active. It seems what my heart and soul desire, but that brain. It always says "no, go back to bed" I recently hit a bad depression this year. I went out and bought a treadmill as the weather was still not great. I just felt I had to move my body. It was over powering, but again that brain. I went overboard and used it for over an hour. I noticed at a certain time into it, I'd have a burst of energy. Just like my bike riding. In 2 weeks I started feeling happier again. It's always hard in the beginning, but I just wait for that burst. I did take salt baths because I was sore and they always felt great, then I'd pass out to bed. Now that the weather has been nicer I'm out gardening again. The rainy days, I say "oh no" so I force myself around the house doing things and I start feeling better.

Music is great too and helps. Songs that are sad in nature I skip those, those that are high energy and I'm dancing on the treadmill. As for gardening, I think i fall in meditative states, that I often forget what I just did and where I left things.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
6 months ago
1,375 posts

Exercise only helps me when I am outdoors, impossible for the next 4 months where I live. Gardening is great, I agree with TL, but I had  to stop due to insect sting allergies. 

Showers are expensive. H20 costs are outrageous here and showers must be kept as short as possible, not hot, and not every day on a fixed income. Tubs for salt baths rare in this area. Nobody takes baths in this climate. 

Music helps, but only the calm meditative kind for me. I use it before bed.

I pull out cords daily if I find them, but wonder how they get in through my shield, which seems very solid now. I do fill the holes with white light and it seems to close them.

Someone here at EC told me my depression is mostly my own. I can see why, due to my illness situation, but some of it must not be mine, or the below would not work......

For me, the biggest help is a late hour, when lots of people have gone to bed. I feel a huge weight lifted off of me than. People who are asleep do not seem to send out energy as much to me. Anyone else find that? 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
940 posts

@cheshire-cat:

I feel very weighted down, foggy brained, and emotionally exhausted during weekdays from 6-8pm. I get home from work close to 7PM each night and often feel so weighted down that I almost fall asleep on the drive him. It almost feels like someone cast a spell on me. I read somewhere that this time frame is family conflict time through every community as families come home from work and activities and argue among each other during dinner (plus stress of getting kids to do homework bath, and go to bed). So there is a lot of anxiety in the air. And I think that makes sense for me as I pick all of that up and just feel really drained. And then magically around about 10PM I get energized like I just slammed down a couple espressos. I also read that because most people are winding down or asleep by 10-10:30, that all of that emotional energy in the ether goes away. And I really feel that as I feel very free, well, and excited for my personal free time between 10:30-12:30. Studies have suggested that this why empaths are largely night owls.

In thinking deeper into this I think when we fall asleep we go to a different place. Many spiritual and psychic people claim that when we sleep we astral travel to different worlds and dimensions. If so, this would be consistent as to why you and I feel an energy pick up after a lot of the world is off to sleep with their minds in another place.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
6 months ago
1,375 posts

@hop-daddy,

Thanks for the input! It's nice to know I am not the only one, and I definitely agree the energy feels a LOT better after 10 PM. This confirmation does make me sad that we can't move to the country like we had planned in retirement. I'll bet I'd feel a lot better back in the boonies. When I lived out in the woods before, I had never heard of an "empath", but that is probably why I felt so much calmer while living there. My non-empath husband doesn't think it would make a difference, but I do. 

I don't feel worse from 6-8 pm like you do though. I feel horrible, teary eyed and/or angry,  from about 5 am to at least 10 am. Maybe all the tired people getting up to go to work are rubbing off on me. 

That reminds me, I saw a video on YouTube once by a couple who belong to an empath group that lives at night. I think they are in either LA or NYC, where that is possible. The group has each other for a social life, and they sleep all day and get up when the sun goes down to enjoy the city at night when far less people are out and about. 

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
6 months ago
156 posts

Hey Cat, maybe one day we'll all get together and make our own community. Just a bunch of empaths all working together to make a life for ourselves. It's possible that this is what I'm subconsciously looking for when I'm hiking through the woods, because if it did exist, that's where it would be. If I find it I'll let you know. Boy, do you need a break from city life. You all do. I feel for you guys. 

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
6 months ago
1,375 posts

@spiritualskies,

How can you tell when you are dreaming someone else's dream? That is interesting! I wonder if I've done that. I have sometimes seen someone I know in a dream and when they see me they get a shocked look on their face....I wonder if I am doing that too. It might explain why I wake up in a state of fear so often.

______

@Zacharias,

From your lips to God's ear!!! I am ready. Back in my hippie college days, I was in a commune and thought I would always live in one. We had the right idea, but most people were not yet in the right place spiritually and slacked off, putting all the work on just a few and ruining the whole movement. Sadly, I do not think enough people have changed yet, but we empaths are naturally responsible and considerate of how what we do affects others, so I believe we could make it work. I sure hope so. Let me know if you ever find such a place.....

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
940 posts

@spiritualskies:

To answer your question: As far as I can tell, anxiety energy that I pick up during the 6-8PM time period has nothing to do with myself or my family interactions. In fact, quite often I'm the first one home at 6PM and that energy is there well before my family gets home. I was reading an empath self-help book a couple years ago that spent a whole chapter covering the drama energy around dinner time that empaths pick up on from society. And when I was reading that it was an ah-ha moment for me. Because I always feel a anxious, fatigued and a little beat up during that time period. That book also noted how many empaths become energized at night when most of society is asleep. And that is also me. In fact, I have a tough time settling down most nights to go to bed at a decent hour since I feel a caffeine-like energy high from 10:30PM on.

I did want to note that I know that all us empaths have different sensitivities. In my case I've noticed that over the past couple years I have become more in tune with the mood of my community, and even the mood of the country. And sometimes this gives me an ominous warning. I remember feeling sick to my stomach that morning back in 2016 when those Dallas Police officers were ambushed. That entire day I felt sick and nervous and had a feeling that something bad was going to happen. And then that evening that maniac was on a building roof in Dallas with a sniper rifle and he killed 5 police officers and wounded 11 others. If you all remember that was a real ugly time with riots and race relation issues in summer of 2016. I picked up on all of that before events happened.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
940 posts

@spiritualskies:

I plan to be here until they force me out! Wink Although the energy drain and fatigue around 6-8PM most days is a little frustrating, I take it all in stride and try to see the positives. And my pick up of the greater consciousness comes and goes. It's not every day and tends to be when something major has happened or is about to happen. But I have in most cases found ways to see a positive in any of the negative experiences that I get as an empath. I've spent a lot of time reading up on this, studying myself, studying others. I feel that I have a pretty good handle on how most of this works, and how I can ground and lift myself back up. I think the #1 thing I've learned is to notice when my vibration is dropping and know that I then have a pretty immediate need to raise it back up. That keeps me out of the dark depressive space that we all fall in to with lower vibrations.

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
6 months ago
156 posts

@spiritualskies- It isn't human nature to want to raise that level. We like to wallow in our depression. I've done plenty of it. It takes more effort to raise your vibe when depressed than when you are not. Depression has a compounding effect when your vibration bounces off of others. Well, good vibrations also have a compounding effect. I raise my own vibe by smiling big and complementing strangers. I watch their face light up and it feels good. Then I get to share that with more people. If we are to focused on ourselves and how we feel(which we again we have a natural tendency to do) we get bogged down. We need to switch our focus on others in order to help them a little and in turn help ourselves.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
940 posts

@zacharias:

I totally agree. For some reason it is very human to allow oneself to become exposed to negative things. It reminds me of the old newspaper adage "If it bleeds, it leads". How many of us can't wait to read about about a messy celebrity divorce, a cheating scandal, or even an untimely death? We pretty much all get sucked into negative stories, events etc... But understanding that is part of the process with being able to raise your vibration. We are all only as good as our weakest link. Examine that, and limit negative exposure on the path to raising your vibration.

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
6 months ago
156 posts

Well your right, and all this negativity has a purpose. It's necessary for spiritual growth. I find that this process for my own journey has been to find out what I should resist and what I should accept. It ends up being opposite my nature. Ironic.  

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
6 months ago
156 posts

'prevention is better than cure approach' . Please, let me warn you. This did not work for me. I stayed away anyone that gave off any negative vibe. I holed myself up in a cave by a river thinking I could just wait it out and die alone. I ignored the spirits telling me to take up the challenge of restoring my soul.

"A bleeding soul, becomes a bitter mind. He said it happens every time" It's from an old song. My soul had been bleeding since early childhood. I could tell you horror stories. I did not want to be here anymore. "This is not my home,. This is not my life. This is not me. I hate this!" A quote from another old song I used as an anthem to justify my anger at the world, and of God for putting me here.  Through life, I was able to get by with these gifts I had that no else seemed to have. An awareness of impending danger kept me alive(most of the time) in spite of how suicidal I was. The knowing of another's intentions guarded me against being taken advantage of. But instead of using these gifts for their intended purpose I used them to protect myself from pain. I avoided it.

There were goods things that happened in those times too. I had a child. My greatest joy! She redirected my focus from myself to protecting her. I quit work to stay home and raise her. I had to, I'm the empath, not my wife. I was at that point willing to face what ever I had to suffer through for her benefit. I didn't want her to live with the suffering I had to endure. The emotional scars of going through the world with this "gift" are deep cuts. I wanted to spare her, but that can't happen. I wouldn't be sparing her anything. I would only be forestalling the inevitable, and that could make the pain worse. 

Suffering is good! I know, this is a backward concept. This is what drives us to move forward in this journey. We resist because we fear pain. The fear is the enemy, not the pain. in fact, the pain isn't real. It sure feels real, but I know that it isn't. We can turn it off. 

I say all this hoping you can come to an understanding I wish I had to long ago. I wish you well, and leave you with this: "What we resist, persist" Carl Jung.

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
6 months ago
156 posts

@spiritualskies- That's good to hear. Nothing you've said is in any way negative. I did kind of come up with a very simplistic solution that for us is just to simple. We have to be aware and deal with the effect of this negative soup that we are in as well as these entities that seem to target us. So depression is not just from within but it's also put upon us seemingly without our consent. I try to explain things as I see it from my personal experience because we are all on a unique path. We are, however, going in the same direction. I look to others for incite in getting over these obstacles in my path. I've had many of them because of those deep wounds. The ones I still have yet to heal. I'm looking for those wounds in my life that causes me to resist what is truly good for me. 

You know, I meet empaths all the time. Most are broken. Some are on drugs and living in utter confusion. Some are hermits that surround themselves with their stuff to feel protected. Some are in mental institutions. The ones I meet that are aware and actively practicing are easy to spot. They know me right away as well, and we eminently trust each other. We talk about our families and grounding because we are very concerned about each other. I'm no longer concerned about you, @spiritualskies, but we all need to be concerned about them, the broken. 

Soothsayer4
Soothsayer4
@soothsayer4
6 months ago
50 posts

The simplest solution would be to visually pull out the plugs that connect you to others. Then you will know what's you and what's others

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
940 posts

@spiritualskies:

I forgot to mention that chakra work and meditation can really help with depression. In fact, a chakra or two that has a blockage or is too open is often connected to you not feeling like your high vibrational self. Self-work or reiki helps with that. And as usual, a lot of grounding work can work wonders with getting the negative out of you to allow your body and chakras to heal.

I had a bit of a rough week this week emotionally myself. And I did two nights in a row of salt baths and I felt cleansed, and slept better. And two days later I am back up vibrationally. I'm thankful that I have a few tricks to pull myself back up and out when depressed. 

Another trick in my arsenal to ground and lift up my spirits is to spend a half hour or so listening to my favorite music. I have a "pump up" mix that has dozens of my favorite songs on it. Each song was hand picked to coordinate with a happy memory. That way when I am feeling down I can listen to a happy positive song that also floods my brain with a happy memory connection. I then get two-for-one uplifting healing. As an example, I remember taking my much younger kids to see the movie Despicable Me 2 years ago. And the movie soundtrack had that Pharrell song "Happy". The song really is happy and uplifting all by itself. But connected to that was the happy memory of taking my kids to see that movie that was so positive and exciting for them back then. It's great vibrational therapy to listen to happy songs with an happy memory tied to them.

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
5 months ago
977 posts
Hi...another tool i use is a zenko hand drum...it has lovely clear tones..the 1st time I used it , it cleared up a lot of issues...it is a tad expensive but well worth the money...if you play an instrument don't stop playing...or pick something less expensive that you can afford....I bot the drum for the tones I'd read that certain notes cleared the energy fields...so I thot I'd give it a try....
Christina Rogers
Christina Rogers
@christina-rogers
4 months ago
32 posts
I'm wondering if I can offer an alternative view of depression that I have come upon only within the last year.

In short, I was given the message that states of anxiety and depression have a purpose to serve, in your field, and on your path.

Whether it be a special time that gives you a much-needed break from the outside energies, by forcing you to stay with yourself,

Or perhaps it's a bio-state that your body took on, at the behest of your subconscious.

(For example, often I find that if I'm begging for peace and quiet, or solitude, yet I am seemingly incapable of giving that to myself, because I'm too busy supporting everyone but myself, I will suddenly get sick or depressed or injured, so that I am 'forced' by my own body to finally grant my unspoken wish for 'me time').

I find this especially true when I'm at the cusp of a significant breakthrough or change in myself, my life, my path, etc.

I 'need' my depression as a tool, to provide myself the space to cocoon and process and grieve and release, before taking on my next metamorphosis.

Think about the root of the word "depression."

To depress something, is to flatten it, as if to simplify many layers, down to a single/solitary image.

This makes sense, when discussing energies, or downloaded messages, or lessons that need to be thoroughly processed in the body.

Therefore, outside stimuli must be removed, so as to avoid distraction.

Now that I see depression this way, I actually relish it. I have gratitude for it, and I am able to process my work faster, more consciously, and to return back to work as an empath, much more quickly.

Let me know if you have interest in discussing.

Xoxoxo
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
940 posts

@spiritualskies:

I have experienced both myself and had to help family members with it. Here's my take:

Depression is typically called the blues. You feel low, not yourself. You don't hate yourself, but you're also not thrilled with yourself and your life at that moment. In this state you tend to focus on the bad in your life without logically balancing it out with the good in your life. There is usually some anxiety mixed in with this phase (although the anxiety may be an empath thing). Depression can last days, months, or years. You'll have good days, and bad days and ride that roller coaster. If depression continues for any length of time one will generally experience a day to day loss of joy along with an unhealthy focus on the bad in themselves and their life. Brain chemistry will become unbalanced and deteriorate.

Severe Depression is when depression spirals to an even lower level/lower vibration. From a medical standpoint, there is a significant change in brain chemistry at this point where the feel good chemicals like serotonin and dopamine malfunction and a person feels numb instead of joy. A person going through this will often have trouble sleeping and lose their appetite. This is the danger zone for an empath as I believe when we hit severe depression we are often being pushed and held down there by dark entities that want to suppress our light and cause us to emit low energy that they absorb. I know this is a dark topic. And some people may disagree with this theory. But I speak from personal experience on this matter. Even if you do disagree with this theory, I think what we can all agree on is that severely depressed people are stuck in a mental and emotional hole that they don't feel that they can get out of. They feel completely helpless, and completely worthless. Logic flies out the window and a person who is severely depressed cannot see any hope that any part of their life is good. There is a complete loss of joy, and hope. And worst of all, they hate themselves and self sabotage their life. A severely depressed person will often seek drugs or alcohol abuse as a way to try to feel better. And that just makes things worse. And lastly, a severely depressed person is at high risk for suicide.

As an empath, a severely depressed person will present to you as emotionally black (if that makes sense). There is a darkness in the severely depressed that is really unsettling that I pick up on. It is so intense, that it can be very challenging for me to try to help as an empath and remove some of that darkness from them. At that point it's like a 2-3 empath person job to try to offload some of their pain and darkness since the emotional low energy is so strong. And when I say darkness, I don't mean evil. I mean their inner light is being extinquished, and it doesn't feel like their soul is 100% here.

I think our society has unfairly programmed us to think that the depressed or mentally ill are weak and are outcasts. And for that reason a lot of people get depressed and try to hide it and tough it out as they hope it will just pass. And it can often get dangerously worse to where they can become a danger to themselves and others. It's highly beneficial to get a depressed person to see a doctor and when appropriate and medically advised, start anti-depression meds. The chemical changes in the brain during depression is well documented, and can be successfully treated in most cases.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 months ago
1,375 posts

"As an empath, a severely depressed person will present to you as emotionally black (if that makes sense). There is a darkness in the severely depressed that is really unsettling that I pick up on. It is so intense, that it can be very challenging for me to try to help as an empath and remove some of that darkness from them. At that point it's like a 2-3 empath person job to try to offload some of their pain and darkness since the emotional low energy is so strong. And when I say darkness, I don't mean evil. I mean their inner light is being extinquished, and it doesn't feel like their soul is 100% here."

Wow, @hop-daddy, as a severely depressed person whom you have communicated with a lot on here, I apologize if I have inadvertently made you feel this awful! It is bad enough that I feel this way. I would never want to make anyone else feel it too. 

I must be much more self-deceptive than I think, since when I visualize my aura, it is a dark gold color, not black. Do you see different colors for different types of depression? For example, there is situational depression due to things like severe illness (me), existential depression aka dark night of the soul (also me), and then there are people who don't appear to have a reason to be depressed but it happens anyway. Do we all appear the same black color?

Curious and horrified that I am exposing anyone to this...

Cheshire Cat

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
940 posts

@cheshire-cat:

I definitely was not referring to you or anyone else that I've communicated with in this community. I'm sorry you got that impression. But rest assured, I don't pick up on any of that within you. I know you struggle with pain and depression. And I can sense that, but not as a deep blackness as I described. What I do pick up from you is quite a special light inside. I know you often don't feel well. But despite that, your light to me is still burning strong and is unique.

I think when exchanging messages here online I can get a partial scan of each person's energy. But its not as complete as when I meet a person one on one and look into their eyes. There's is something to it when they say the eyes are the window to the soul. And that's how it works for me. I don't how many of you have met a severely depressed person in person. But when I do there is a blackness and dimly lit soul that I pick up on. When its a severely depressed person, I feel immense sadness from them on a level that is hard for me to help with (the very low energy they put off really knocks me off my game). When I meet a person like that, it feels like a 2-3 empath person job to really be able to help them.

I have also met on occasion some deeply disturbed psychotic people from time to time (the kind of person who you meet and within seconds you feel and visualize them having the capacity to gun down everyone in the room at any second). And there is that same blackness to them but at a deeper scarier level. I get the chills when I meet someone like that and it makes me want to run the heck out of there. 

Anyway, does anyone else pick up the overwhelming low energy from severely depressed or psychotic people? And I don't want anyone to accidentally misread this and lump them in the same category. They are two very different examples of people expressing very low energy vibration (the former showing sadness, and the later showing as pure evil).

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
940 posts

@spiritualskies:

I think the empath fatigue we get from our energy exchanges, are just part of the deal for a developing empath. Perhaps it's a lesson to be learned to better control our energy exchange skills to be used sparingly and in the right circumstances. As opposed to how the majority of empaths exist, myself included, who don't yet have full control. And we accidentally exhaust ourselves with our empath radar being up and working on everyone.

This is probably a terrible analogy, but I can't think of a better one. I live in rattlesnake country so this came to mind as a way to explain empath fatigue. And the young youth snakes put themselves in danger because they release all of their venom in their first encounter. So if they are out hunting for a mouse, for example, a young snake will through inexperience use enough venom to kill 10 mice in a one mouse hunting attack. They then get fatigued, and will need many hours or even days to rebuild their venom stores. That leaves the young snake unable to defend against predator attacks in the meantime, and also limits their options to continue hunting for food. On the other hand, an adult rattlesnake knows how to use its venom sparingly. And knows to be picky and very selective on when to hunt, when to fight, with an emphasis on rationing its venom.

I think we empaths are very often like a young rattler in how we use our gift. Most of us, myself included, don't know how to ration our gift and be selective with who we use it on. We might go out to dinner at a crowded restaurant with our empath radar on full and pick up all of the energy in the restaurant thereby allowing an energy exchange with many random people. And that exhausts us. We can also while picking up on all that energy pick up and become like the low energy in the room (nervous energy, sad, angry etc...).

I was recently reading an article by a pretty famous psychic who is very skilled at putting a protective white light bubble around her to protect the empath part of her. That way when she walks into a busy restaurant or public place, she isn't allowing an energy exchange with anyone. She only puts her empath skills to work selectively when she decides someone needs her help. This makes her more powerful and effective on people who she helps, when she chooses to help them. And she doesn't spend her day struggling with any exhaustion from overuse of her resources. And like the adult snake in my above example, she is being highly efficient by being selective.

In a round about way to come full circle on the original question in this post, I think we can manage the fatigue and emotional effects with protection crystals, salt baths, rest etc... But the real relief and much more emotionally stable existence will come once we master our gift and learn how to go through life without having our empath radar on high ready to interact with everyone we meet.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 months ago
1,375 posts

Hi @spiritualskies,

Nope, definitely not patronization from me. I was dead serious and very upset that I might have been lowering hop-daddy's vibration by stealing energy from him. I do NOT want to do that to anyone. I have double depression and a terminal diagnosis and lots of other stressors. It helps me to be around people like me, and I sure don't want to hurt them. 

NOTE: I am no longer getting email notifications when someone answers a thread I posted on. I only knew about this because hop-daddy was kind enough to tell me.

Elise says my email is listed wrong, but it is not wrong, so I do not know what to do. If I do not answer one of you, it is not me being snooty. It is just that I did not know there was a post directed to me. If anyone has ideas on how to fix this, please let me know. I am not a techie. Thanx.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
4 months ago
1,375 posts

I have another email address I never use, but I hooked it into my apple mail account, so I will go switch to that email in my account settings and make sure I am still signed up to get notifications and see if it helps. If not, I will just have to try to check in here a lot more. Sorry if I ignored any other posts. 

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book