Feeling own heartbeating.

Curious Child
Curious Child
@curious-child
2 months ago
78 posts

I wonder. Do you tend to feel your heartbeat? It was said to be normal from time to time, yet personally I feel it almost all the time. And blood pumping in my neck, arms, legs, head.

Did you have or do you have something similar? And what do you know about this?

Thank you <3

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
2 months ago
239 posts
That happens in general anyway if one pays attention to one's own bodily functions, I thought you might have meant if it was possible to feel others' heart beat, in which case yes that's possible..
Curious Child
Curious Child
@curious-child
2 months ago
78 posts
I pay attention exactly because I start to feel it.And I feel it almost all time. I lay and read book and my whole body just moves slightly in a heart beat rhythm. It hard not to pay attention at that.
It also gives me trouble to sleep.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
2 months ago
167 posts
How long has this been happening?
Curious Child
Curious Child
@curious-child
2 months ago
78 posts

FromĀ  my teenage. Before I just took it as annoying normal thing. But after becoming aware I started to wonder if its something common among HSP, empaths and so on.

P.s. I am 30 now.

updated by @curious-child: 06/10/18 02:19:44PM
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
2 months ago
167 posts
Have you ever tried sitting with the feeling and connecting with it? Sometimes doing this helps me get a read on where it is coming from.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
861 posts

@curious-child:

If you worry about that you can of course go to a doctor to make sure your health is fine. But one component of being an empath is that you are highly sensitive. You are highly sensitive to emotional energy, and you are highly sensitive to your own body. Hell, we're over sensitive to just about everything. I've gone through similar periods of time when I could feel/hear my heart beat or pulse in an amplified manner. Thinking back I over-reacted thinking something was wrong and made it worse. I think I was unbalanced as an empath during those episodes. Now that I do a better job of keeping myself balanced and grounded, I don't really hear & feel blood pumping through my body anymore. Maybe the same will happen to you?

Curious Child
Curious Child
@curious-child
2 months ago
78 posts
Did not help yet. Will see doctor tomorrow.

Thank you all for your help.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
861 posts

I went through a similar phase where I thought something was wrong and that I might have high blood pressure. I got it checked out and BP came back normal. But it kept happening so I bought myself a BP monitor on Amazon. After testing myself extensively several times a day for weeks I finally convinced myself that hearing & feeling my blood pulsate through my body was just me being overly aware. Pretty soon after I stopped worrying about it, the whole incident stopped. Hopefully you will have the same luck.

Curious Child
Curious Child
@curious-child
2 months ago
78 posts

I will see doctor first as you suggested. I have almost not slept lately so will go there anyway. I feel like I need whole hospital or Im gonna die soon. In this condition I usually want to run away from everyone, but I need to get things done. I want out.

Thank you again.

updated by @curious-child: 06/10/18 03:31:08PM
Curious Child
Curious Child
@curious-child
2 months ago
78 posts

The doctor said basically same things as @hop-daddy. It is normal to feel own heartbeat and feel like your hands and legs are shaked by each pulsation, especially if you are HSP that suffers from lack of sleep and depression/anxiety. And its normal even if it makes falling asleep harder. So everything is fine, just annoying.

@crystalsage

How do you connect with it?

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 months ago
861 posts

@curious-child:

Great to hear nothing serious. And now that you mention it, I get like that myself when I am low on sleep. For me a bad night of sleep = bad empath day, and a lot of things go hay-wire. I take some sleep aids to help me fall to sleep and stay asleep (mostly natural melatonin based stuff). And it does help. I also think now that you know nothing is wrong with you, the pulsating will probably disappear soon.

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
2 months ago
167 posts
@curious-child I'm not really sure how to explain.
Instead of trying to make the feeling go away, I embrace it. I bring my focus to what I am feeling and I sit with it. I allow the feeling the freedom to exist. But I also accept that it is coming from outside.
When I internalize a feeling it is out of fear. For example I feel sad and fear something is wrong and then I get lost trying to figure out what it is. In turn I end up holding on to the energy rather than letting it pass. I think that is why we get so tired. It has to take a lot of effort to hold on to anything especially when it is not ours.

I have found this helps even when I am overloaded. When I try to make it go away I struggle more.

The best example I can use is a current situation. I am working with this man who is struggling getting along at a new job, but I am also new to the job. Lately he has been taking his frustrations out on me. The result is that when I leave for the day I feel like the worst person in the world. I realized yesterday it was his energy I was dealing with but not at first. At first because I was trying to fight with the feeling I ended up internalizing everything, that's why I thought I did something wrong. It's funny now because as I write I realize just how much I internalized. Anyhow rather than trying to find reason with the feelings I just sat there and felt it. I acknowledged that it was not my energy. Instead of treating it like it was mine and there because of something I had done. Slowly I felt it go away.

After talking to him today he described everything I was feeling yesterday, especially the fears.

I have felt the heartbeat thing too but not for long periods of time. I agree with @hop-daddy. Definitely go to the doctor just be sure.

Sometimes when I sit with the feeling it does hurt. In my experience, I have found that pain to be fear more than anything. I think fear is reasonable. I simply tell myself I am afraid and it is okay to be afraid and it helps. But sometimes my fear does win and I think that is also okay. I think it is important to be honest about my limits.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
2 months ago
167 posts
I just realized that you already went to the doctor. That's what happens when you read with tired eyes.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
2 months ago
167 posts
Is there someone around you who is particularly stressed out? One of my bosses just about causes an earthquake in my body when ever he shows up. He is very tight wound, angry, insecure, and a whole list of heavy emotions. I know he's there long before I see him. It always takes me a bit to adjust to his presence.
Curious Child
Curious Child
@curious-child
2 months ago
78 posts

All my relatives are basically stressed due my sisters husband having cancer. Its still fresh news to everyone.

But also I have my own issues. My life was basically an series of short circles that started and ended leading nowhere. And now another circle is closing and I am ending up at starting point. Difference is that in next start I will be aware, but it also adds stress, because there is a lot of decisions and changes I need to make to bend the line and not let the circle to close. I feel hope that I manage it right this time, but also feel tired to go on at same time lol

And also. My heartbeat got a bit better, less intense now, after I followed some suggestions here and doctor convincing me for some time to start and take sleep pills. Took them for a week and I dont feel I need them right now. Started to sleep better and high sensitivity to heartbeat became less problem. I still feel it, but its not disturbing me like before.

updated by @curious-child: 06/29/18 07:24:04AM
spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
2 months ago
239 posts
@curious-child glad to know Ur doing better, sorry for your personal circumstance in reagrds to family, I wish them well and good health god willing.. hopefully you find the strength and growth you need to continue in Ur own personal issues
Curious Child
Curious Child
@curious-child
2 months ago
78 posts

@spiritualskies

Thank you!

Nothing I can do with cancer, that I accepted easily. Its not my fight, but his. I am more worried about their children. So I see all I can do is to support them in a way by helping with being with children more. I think that way the children will be "away" from that problem and safer, while my sister and her sick man can have more space and time to deal with curing the cancer. Caring 4 children can really leave them with no time and no rest in this hard time and children do need lots of attention.

I am moving slowly, carefully forward. Like walking on swamp or minefield, carefully stepping in different directions and trying the land, if its good to take step in that direction. This site and all people here were really helpful on my journey, both with support, understanding andĀ  wide variety of advice's. And I am very grateful to all of you for that, thank you <3

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
one month ago
389 posts
@ curious-child

I've had the heart beat, and blood pumping in various parts of the body. Its annoying. My heart sometime tends to be elevated, which I can check on my phone. It tends to make it worse as I freak out. After numerous Dr's and Er visits, multiple heart tests. It's nothing but stress and anxiety.
I remember one morning I had a few friends texting and complaining about their problems with their husbands. My heart was thumping, checked my heart rate and it was 115. I said enough and ignored the texts so they can figure it out. It was to much for me to help 3 people at once in that moment, so I went about making my breakfast and coffee. Checked again and my heart rate dropped to the 80s. Sometime's it's high and I don't know why or what is causing the stress, but an active mind. Tonight I had the heart beating again and got winded climbing a flight of stairs. Heart rate overy 100. started taking taking deep breaths with my eyes closed. Turned on the TV to watch something happy. My heart rate dropped to 79. I know for myself I need to chill out and clear the energy.
Curious Child
Curious Child
@curious-child
one month ago
78 posts

Need to try different relaxing techniques for myself too, thank you. Usually I just waited it to pass itself. I think my heart problems come from my own struggles, not others, because I was hermit for very long time now, finally taking time I deserved. But starting to slowly crawl out of my cave, because of feeling under-stimulated, but only for activities that interest me and I was afraid to do before, because they touched emotions somehow.

updated by @curious-child: 07/17/18 12:09:01AM

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book