I have not really seen this topic covered before in one article and thought many here would find it interesting (see link below). How many of you have any of these traits? And how do you like it (or not like it)?
The 6 Types of Psychic Empaths
#1 is useful when working with people you don't know in a new situation. You can anticipate what they need done when. I just wish I could work with others with this ability. It would be much less frustrating, but at least everybody likes working with me.
#2 Telepathic ability is more of a deeper understanding of the information sent through emotion. I've seen it called Tele-Empathy. That makes sense to me. If someone tried to read my thoughts, they would be erratic. Other empaths that read me seem to get a clear impression.
#3 I've gotten impressions from objects with a strong emotional attachment. Like a doll house, for instance. The impression I got was from the man that built it.
Those are my strong abilities because I practice them. The others come and go.
There is many kinds of these articles in web. Those were one of first I checked when I just got familiar with empaths and who they are. Personally for me its :
1. Claircognizant Empath
3. Psychometric Empath
5. Geomantic Empaths
Others happened too, but not very often. So I don't think they are my actual types.
Very interesting, thank you.
I have 1,2,4 & 6.
1 & 2 are much stronger for me when strong emotion is involved.
4 & 6 are much stronger with complete strangers.
Physical empathy should be on that list too, IMO, where you pick up symptoms of another person's illness. I have that sometimes, and it's no fun.
Very interesting that your empath skills work differently with complete strangers. It's the same for me. It works like an anti-virus scan for me. When meeting a new person my subconscious empath meter does a full scan, and when communicating with people that I already know, my subconscious does a mini-scan.
Remember, this was just subset list (covering more of the strong psychic empath traits). A full list of empath traits should look more like this:
- Human Knowing also called Claircognizance – You just seem to Know the answer
- Synesthesia – Senses working together. We all have this to some degree.
- Clairaudience – hearing words, tones
- Clairsentience or Psychometric Empath – Ability to receive information through touch and physical objects
- Clairvoyance – May actually see visual images, lights, colors
- Telepathic Empath – Ability to read a person’s mind
- Emotional Oneness - Emotionally Receptive Empath, may feel other person’s emotions as own
- Emotional Intuition – Know how someone is feeling
- Physical Oneness – or Physically Receptive – experience to their physical pain in your body.
- Physical Intuition or Medical Empath – Know information on another’s physicality and state of health
- Gustatory Giftedness – Smell & taste is highly developed. May even be able to see a photo or recipe and know exactly how the food will taste. Some also can immediately know how a particular wine will taste with the food.
- Analytical Awareness – Notices the mechanics of how things fit together
- Holistic Knowing – Can read more than one person at a time
- Truth Knowledge – Get pure info, present state
- Psychic knowing or Precognitive – Can see or feel events in the future, past or far away in space and time. Often shows up in dreams or as emotional or physical reactions. i.e. some feel anxiety or other emotions just prior to a major event.
- Geomantic or Earth Empath - Can feel or understand signals, energies or messages from earth. Many have the ability to predict natural disasters.
- Crystal or Stone Empaths – Feel and know the energy of stones, crystals, and gemstones
- Plant Empaths – Can communicate with plants – often are gifted gardeners, or work with flower essences.
- Fauna Empath aka Animal communicator – can hear and feel animals.
Wow! That is one comprehensive list, thanks for posting it for all of us.
I seem to have 11 of those in varying degrees.
I think I do better with reading strangers because I am emotionally invested in people I know well and maybe do not want to see things I won't like. I also see your point about not needing to do a complete scan with someone you know....that makes sense also.
One I do not have is #17, but I know a lot of people on here are good with crystals. I just don't get a thing from crystals, with the possible exceptions of getting a little positive mood boost from rose and clear quartz. I am looking at the black tourmaline on my desk right now. I talk to it, cleanse it, and charge it, but I think maybe the dark energy coming from the two closest houses, one on either side, is just too much for it, if that is possible, or am I doing something wrong?
Yes, great list! The one I've never seen before on any list was Analytical Awareness. I have this innate understanding of machines. It came to me at an early age. I took apart my toys. So machines are easy to understand. I can read them as I do humans, and of course, they make more sense. They're also easier to fix. I can heal machines! It's weird that this is an empathic ability.
is there a name for taking on peoples actual physical states? like sometimes I wont know whose energy im taking on and ill carry on as normal and I feel like my body energetically conforms itself to the person whose state im in, many times ive taken on parts of my sisters, or male composure, even being able to mimic the bodily movements/facial expressions of babies in wombs lol