Empath children

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
3 months ago
252 posts

Hi was wondering if anyone with empathic children can help me out. If children are born empaths, how did you come to know? 

I'm suspecting one of mine may be, though it's too early to say but a few things happened a week ago and it made me question if that's just me picking up in general.. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
862 posts

@spiritualskies:

Most young children are naturally empathic. But the majority of them lose the ability over the years as they grow up and become adults. From there it has been estimated that 10% of humans are empaths.

Both of my kids are now teenagers and their empath skills are growing very strong. But I personally think that a lot of that is because my wife and I support their abilities and are helping guide them through this. Conversely, our society and pretty much every religion does it's best to shut down empathy. We all know the typical stories of parents telling their kids that they really don't have an imaginary friend or that the bumps and whispers in the night are just the house creaking. That teaching moment training kids to disbelieve what they hear and sees sticks, and kids then begin to block their natural abilities. Whereas if you tell your kids you believe what they tell you and support them, their abilities will grow.

But to get back to your point, my daughter was the most obvious. I didn't know what an empath was back then, but I knew she had some unusual gifts and sensitivities. When she had her 1st birthday we had about 40 parents and kids over to celebrate. And she couldn't handle all of the attention and noise from everyone so after an outburst of tears we let her spent the rest of her party playing quietly in her room. We now realize that she couldn't handle the energy of everyone at her party. It was too much for her. And then while she was a little older but not yet able to talk, we used to hear her talking to no one in her room at night. We'd find her sitting up in bed staring at the ceiling having a very detailed conversation in baby talk with something unseen. And it got stranger from there. When she got old enough to talk, we would hear about her seeing ghosts all of the time. 

I would say probably the thing you will notice the most with an empath kid is that they are very sensitive and introverted. They don't like to go out places and get fussy or anxious when out in public. 

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
3 months ago
252 posts

thanks @hop-daddy, that was really helpful.. im expecting so what iv'e been noticing is from the womb, there's several times iv'e felt the baby move, but not in its own energy, mirroring the energy of a baby in another expectant mothers womb too, and movemet had a strange feel to it sometimes, as if its not out of its own energy field. it has the ability to connect its heart to others. one time it felt empath overload, you know how when we feel lots of positive emotion especially love, I felt its heart take in that and feel overwhelmed, are these tell-tale signs that this baby could be an empath?

other things iv'e noticed is when ive absorbed negativity and been made to feel physically sick, it gets affected in the same way

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
862 posts

Interesting. I've never heard a story before about in womb empathy. Although that makes sense.

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
3 months ago
252 posts

me neither, which is why I was slightly nervous about asking.. hoping other might have something to share

EmpathDad
EmpathDad
@empathdad
one month ago
35 posts
I discovered that my oldest had gifts when I walked into a room where he was the only one present and he was talking with my grandmother whom passed away years prior. He never knew her. He actually told me who she was.

My middle child was always fascinated by ghosts and paranormal. I discussed with him that gifts are sometimes given to people. He shared with me how he can see events in the future.

My youngest son is 10 weeks old. I knew he was gifted through the use of my gifts. On the day and first week of his birth, I had an entourage of family members visiting him in the hospital and once we got home. I actually could hear them speak to him. In fact, I was so tired that I “kicked them out” of the hospital room....lol Eventually, he started acknowledging their presence by smiling and cooing.
spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
one month ago
252 posts

How did you know your youngest was an empath? What did you see/notice? How do your other 2 children cope with being an empath? If it's ok to ask?

Is there anything that can be expected spirits wise around where children are concerned? I know often adult empaths experience alot and I suppose if children weren't aware adults would be aware of presences?

updated by @spiritualskies: 07/11/18 06:22:07AM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
862 posts

@spiritualskies:

I've read many books on this subject. And while not all babies and young children will grow up to be empaths, there seems to be consensus in psychic circles that all kids have psychic abilities at that age. This is why so many young kids see ghosts and monsters that their parents cannot see. I recently finished a book that said there is scientific evidence that children's brains work at a different frequency than adults. And they point to that fact as the reason why they are naturally in tune to spirits. As I noted earlier, my first steps in believing in ghost visitations was realized when I watched my 10 month old daughter sitting in bed at night carrying on a very animated conversation with something she saw in the corner of the ceiling. She was chit-chatting away and laughing. It was a very high energy friendly experience to watch. 

There are good and not so good spirits that will visit your children. And the not so good ones mostly mean that they make your kids uncomfortable. As my daughter grew older she would describe a lot of spirits coming at her from across the room that would scare her since they lunged at her. But I now believe that since she is so psychically gifted that these ghosts that came at her back then likely just wanted to communicate with her. From what I understand earth bound ghosts are desperate to make contact with the living and seek out anyone with medium abilities. But that can be very scary for kids. My son who is also an empath but is not quite the medium talent that my daughter is, would see ghosts appear all of the time. But they wouldn't chase after him. He said the creepiest example of what would happen is that he'd get out of the shower on a few occasions to see a girl ghost standing there. In fact, when they were both under 10, both my kids claimed to mostly see ghosts of children. 

I will say that kids handle this pretty well. This is especially the case if you teach them not to be irrationally scared of what they see. But the challenge with being an empath as a kid is the teenage transition to adulthood. As we all know, empaths pick up on emotional energy and there is an overwhelming amount of peer energy going on in the 6th-9th grade years. They are also more at risk at that age for negative spirit attachments that take advantage of teens when their vibrations lower. And then you throw all of the hormones into the mix and it's just a rough period of time to be an empath.

For your young child I would recommend listening regularly at night to the baby monitor. If you have one of those camera baby monitors that would be even better. And just watch/listen for abnormal nightmares or fear reactions while your child is sleeping. In knowing that you're quick to come in and comfort them will make them feel better. And for whatever reason my daughter had a real tough time with scary spirits in the 2-3 years. We had her sleeping in our room almost every night back then.

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
one month ago
252 posts

That's some really interesting stuff you shared, and I'll definitely take up the tips with the baby monitor, I wouldn't have though of that but it does worry me more than myself because I guess this is like a new phase in the whole empath journey and trying to figure out if baby is an empath or not and how or if we'll be affected in new ways than before, cause spirits can be really mischievous and influence sometimes ideations and beliefs that aren't always true.. so fingers crossed all goes well hopefully

updated by @spiritualskies: 07/11/18 02:33:20PM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
862 posts

I don't know the statistics on likelihood of psychic abilities being passed on to children. But my guess is that it's a pretty high percentage.

EmpathDad
EmpathDad
@empathdad
one month ago
35 posts
@spiritualskies

To answer a few of your previous questions:

* I indicated that my youngest son has gifts because he reacted to spirits visiting him. He continues to do this. I know he is reacting to spirits since my wife and I can see, hear, or feel them as well.

* My older sons don’t talk about it much. I allow them an open door to discuss as they need to. They live normal lives. They are highly active in the community and at school.

* I maintain open communication with my family. I was the first to start talking about it. This open communication lead to my wife and my mother being more open to discuss their gifts. They did not have the opportunity to be open about their gifts when they were growing up. Through this dialogue, I also discovered that my grandfather also had gifts.
spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
one month ago
252 posts
I'm not 100% with mine being an empath, it's just stuff really minor I noticed that made me question it.. but I guess I just wanted to hear from others experiences to know what to look out for just incase.. but my daughter is quite intuitive naturally, not a psychic level but I've had a lot of coincidences around certain stuff.

Is your wife an empath too?
EmpathDad
EmpathDad
@empathdad
one month ago
35 posts

Yes.....she has the ability to see, hear, and feel spirits. She also has the ability to see auras. She has the ability to be telepathic, but that one is not as developed as the other gifts.

EmpathDad
EmpathDad
@empathdad
one month ago
35 posts

The things to look for that I have seen in my sons

My baby will stare past me or away from me to smile or cry. He will also coo, laugh at night when we are out of the bedroom and he is resting in his crib. You can tell something has his attention in all of the incidents. At that point, I will look or listen to verify.

My older sons would talk softly to themselves. When I started to listen, I could hear them talking to someone else. During one of these incidents, I heard my oldest acknowledge my grandmother and called her by name. When I entered the room, I could smell her perfume which was a distinct rose perfume. The perfume is how she tells me she visits me. I then gave him several pictures of family and non family members. He was  able to pic her out of the approx 10 pictures and say that is Grammy, whom I spoke with. As I said prior, my Grandmother passed away years prior to him. He never saw a picture of her prior to that date due to us living away from the area for my work as well as divorce issues with my ex wife. My oldest was approx 6 years old at the time. He is now 16.

I hope that helps. 

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
one month ago
252 posts
That's interesting, I always felt opening up to energies would only allow the energies of the person to attach/communicate more. There's been times I've wondered if spirits can manipulate the energies of people we know whom have passed, as spirits live beyond that of human years and can easily take shape or form or teach stuff that would make someone think/believe it's a loved one.

Don't mean any offense by it, what you say could very well be true but it's something I've tried to stay away from. How do you feel with your child being able to do this?

I always felt someone's parents always tried communicating with me, though I'd never met them, but I never conversed or allowed my energy to open up to them and gradually over time it stopped.

Human energies on the other hand are different, I suppose if we have friends who are comfortable enough and supportive can confirm some of the energies we experience on any given psyche level if we suspect it's them, otherwise it's difficult to determine who or what etc
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
862 posts

@empathdad, that's very cool stuff. I like to think one of my favorite grandmother's had been visiting my daughter, but I have no idea. I also had an extra special grandfather that had passed. But it's hard to say who it was. That's cool that you got confirmation. And it is not uncommon for deceased relatives to pop in and visit. When children are babies they are still pretty connected to the spirit world/heaven where they came from.

@spiritualskies, this is kind of off topic. But something you said made me want to comment on this. There are definitely entities that can mimic your loved ones. I've read many books and articles where people stated that demons often show themselves as a ghost child to trick you. I personally have had about 5 spirits in my home call my name using the voice of people who I know. And they weren't imitating deceased people I know, they were imitating my son, wife, and Dad calling my name from across the house when I was the only one home. It scared the crap out of me. I also had on another occasion when I was alone at home heard a woman humming a song in the kitchen. My dogs were nearby and were all bent out of shape with hair up on end. I went in the kitchen to investigate and the singing stopped although I could smell perfume.

It's a little frustrating to me since I rarely see ghosts but have a very keen clairaudient ability. So I hear things but can't really investigate since I can't see things. Anyway, I wanted to share a little of this with you eventhough it's a little off topic.

The theory that I have heard from many respected psychics is that when we are born our spirit accepts a mission or life quest. Before coming here through birth we pick a support group that includes many spirit guides. And often times those spirit guides are relatives or very close friends from a prior life. And after birth and early on as a baby, we are still very connected to the other side and can see and converse with our spirit guide support group and our close friends and relatives who stop by to visit. But as kids get to speaking age they lose most of that connection to heaven and forget the mission. At that moment it's supposed to be a free will experiment where the mission assignment is forgotten and the baby grows up and makes free will choices to try to be who they were meant to be. Some people grow up and nail it and check all of the boxes of their life assignment. While others never come close to realizing their assignment. It's very fascinating. In any event, if a baby is talking happily to an empty room, it is very likely that they are communicating with their favorite relatives and support group from the other side. If the energy feels good to you and your baby is happy during those talks with the unseen, I wouldn't worry about it being anything negative.

And sorry that I got a little wordy-again!

P.S.- There is a really cool tv show that used to be on about kids who passed through baby-hood and still remembered their past life and relatives and friends from the other side. This is very rare since again once babies can talk those memories of past life and their current life assignment are usually intentionally lost. I'm not sure where you can watch episodes, but the stories will blow you away. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3107588/

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
one month ago
252 posts
@hop-daddy, word a away! I think sometimes empaths feel like they talk too much because as we share our experiences, knowledges and understandings we tend to do that on a deep level as we write/talk while we ourselves delve deeper into what we talk of as like a multi task thing.. I'm not sure if others can relate to that in anyway but, the more merrier 😊

I agree with alot of what you said, and have heard of those same experiences amongst others especially where culture and faith come in and it is true in its own ways I guess for many of us..

If you have a clairaudience voice I would trust it even if you can't investigate, I have a friend whom I always able to confirm for so follow that gut instinct sometimes it won't always be wrong, like you they spirits too, but I only ever see/hear with the inner eye.. I don't think I'd be able to handle seeing them with the physical eye, though I did once when I was younger in the form of my brother, which was freaky enough for me lol..

And some of what @hermes said too summed that up..

What's actually intrigued me on this thread though is, I guess it's not a bad thing for babies to be responding to energies that only they can see/hear but I wonder if that's encouraged as they get older and its more evident that it opens up the energies for the child to these spirits and hence why they have attachment with spirits good/bad?
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one month ago
862 posts

I think the thing with babies is that they are new, pure souls. They are brand new, and their energy sparkles and shines. They have very pure clean souls as they are too new here to have the scars of life that we all get as we get older. Their auras are perfect and shine with an awesome light. And I think because of that, they are appealing to many things good and not so good. I also believe that babies and young children get a spiritual version of armed guards when they are so young, innocent, and pure. These guards may be angels, spirit guides, or close relatives from the other side that visit and stay with them to keep them safe.

The not so good things in the spirit world do not like loud noises. They prefer dark, quiet rooms. So I also think babies and children have a stronger ability to see spirits so that they can sound the alarm if anything approaches them that makes them uncomfortable. I don't know about you, but the blood curtling high volume cry of a baby gives me an instant headache and makes me want to get the heck out of the area. Anyone been stuck on an airplane with a baby crying nearby? It's very loud and unsettling. And I think that is their tool to ward off the not so good spirits as well. And at the very least they sound the alarm to get you in there to protect them.

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
4 weeks ago
252 posts
So I've been analysing my daughter and I'm under the impression she is an empath?

She mirrors people's moods and emotions, only to the level she's able to, she can communicate with me and I do with her, sometimes understanding what is she wants/needs on an empath level, though on a common sense level I already know..

I'm not one to always look for coincidences, or purposely believe into stuff, I always like to give the benefit of the doubt.. sometimes I can sense through her cries who she's communicating to.. I know she has with another empath friend, but I think the majority of that is between them so I don't always pick those cues up..

How do I go about this for those who have empath children? Sometimes when I'm bonding with her really closely I pick up stuff from a soul level, whether it's her future I see or what she sees in mine and those she has and will have a connection to in life I'm not sure.. would talking about it interrupt her cycle of life in anyway?

Would love to hear your thoughts on this
spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
one week ago
252 posts
Ok I need some help with my older daughter she's 7 and super curious, I get worried alot since I've been abused in the past and how I'd been taken advantage of in the past and she has those same issues, het intellect aside, she has boundary issues and what acceptable and what's not, where she plays outside with other kids there a bunch of older kids so she picks up stuff all the time, she doesn't like qatching typical kiddy stuff and she's moving into the more teenage stuff, I don't mind her being curious about boyfriends and stuff and wanting to understand since she is quite close to me cause she knows she feels comfortable in it being okay to want to express some sides of her she feels she can't around her dad, then when She contradicts and plays puppet to when dad's around I look like a bad person. I grew up a certain way that will always probably still be me and quite the norm. But her dad he wasnt, and it's sometimes difficult for him to grasp or adhere to the social norms or way of life for most people.

She's seriously stressed because she doesn't understand why her dad will say certain things or his way of teaching and using lots of different ways is impacting on what she understood from before and what she understands now. He knows how I've been abused in the past and it worries him, he gets freaky even if his own nephews are around her and no grown up, even then he questions how cautious/vigilant they are being towards her. He's seen other go through this and how when kids get curious what they get upto and he doesn't want her falling in those traps where she's being manipulated or taken advantage of. All she wanted to do is rebel in anyway possible, my sister's and I have always said how strict he becomes o. Her because of his own fears will one day impact her relationship with him, and no word of a lie some of the lies and manipulation she does you would not suss it..

What would you suggest, even if it's just general stuff and not even on an empath level.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book