Empath children

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
one month ago
129 posts

Hi was wondering if anyone with empathic children can help me out. If children are born empaths, how did you come to know? 

I'm suspecting one of mine may be, though it's too early to say but a few things happened a week ago and it made me question if that's just me picking up in general.. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 weeks ago
766 posts

@spiritualskies:

Most young children are naturally empathic. But the majority of them lose the ability over the years as they grow up and become adults. From there it has been estimated that 10% of humans are empaths.

Both of my kids are now teenagers and their empath skills are growing very strong. But I personally think that a lot of that is because my wife and I support their abilities and are helping guide them through this. Conversely, our society and pretty much every religion does it's best to shut down empathy. We all know the typical stories of parents telling their kids that they really don't have an imaginary friend or that the bumps and whispers in the night are just the house creaking. That teaching moment training kids to disbelieve what they hear and sees sticks, and kids then begin to block their natural abilities. Whereas if you tell your kids you believe what they tell you and support them, their abilities will grow.

But to get back to your point, my daughter was the most obvious. I didn't know what an empath was back then, but I knew she had some unusual gifts and sensitivities. When she had her 1st birthday we had about 40 parents and kids over to celebrate. And she couldn't handle all of the attention and noise from everyone so after an outburst of tears we let her spent the rest of her party playing quietly in her room. We now realize that she couldn't handle the energy of everyone at her party. It was too much for her. And then while she was a little older but not yet able to talk, we used to hear her talking to no one in her room at night. We'd find her sitting up in bed staring at the ceiling having a very detailed conversation in baby talk with something unseen. And it got stranger from there. When she got old enough to talk, we would hear about her seeing ghosts all of the time. 

I would say probably the thing you will notice the most with an empath kid is that they are very sensitive and introverted. They don't like to go out places and get fussy or anxious when out in public. 

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
4 weeks ago
129 posts

thanks @hop-daddy, that was really helpful.. im expecting so what iv'e been noticing is from the womb, there's several times iv'e felt the baby move, but not in its own energy, mirroring the energy of a baby in another expectant mothers womb too, and movemet had a strange feel to it sometimes, as if its not out of its own energy field. it has the ability to connect its heart to others. one time it felt empath overload, you know how when we feel lots of positive emotion especially love, I felt its heart take in that and feel overwhelmed, are these tell-tale signs that this baby could be an empath?

other things iv'e noticed is when ive absorbed negativity and been made to feel physically sick, it gets affected in the same way

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 weeks ago
766 posts

Interesting. I've never heard a story before about in womb empathy. Although that makes sense.

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
4 weeks ago
129 posts

me neither, which is why I was slightly nervous about asking.. hoping other might have something to share

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book