Who can Relate? (Share stories please)

LoconnorO
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
2 weeks ago
152 posts

Hello everyone, it's been a very long time since I've been on. I've been incredibly busy lately and it's been a little hard on my unfortunately.

So the reason I've come on now is;

1.) I would love to ask if any of you know how to "enhance" or get more in touch with your intuition (and also what that may look like as well). Mine is slowly getting better but I still sometimes feel like I might be taking the wrong steps, so any thoughts, experiences, or ideas are greatly appreciated!

2.) Has anyone here noticed that you take on someone else's mentality. One thing I've noticed is that I feel like I experience people's mentalities when I'm around them. It sounds weird, but I can connect very easily with where they come from, I understand what they're saying very easily, and it's almost woven in with their energy... It's separate though. It feels interesting, but other people's mentalities and emotional states heavily affect me, more so mentality or state of mind though. Just today I was trying to explain to my parents of why I need to go to University and be around people of like mind and who are focusing on school instead of doing what I'm doing now (going to community college and working 35 hours a week.) I like that i'm saving money this way, but I'm not doing well and I can't focus on school as much as I'm suppose to, not to mention the mentality that I'm around most often, my families and my coworkers, is not one that aligns with mine. I had to keep finding other reasons and other ways to explain how I need this need met in my life, but it was so challenging because the people I'm around, especially often, HEAVILY effect me, and my family doesn't understand this. They just want me to focus on school, and work as well, I have bills to pay, which I understand, I'll work at university. 

That's just a very specific example, but I'll try to just explain it. Whenever I'm around someone, first I feel their presence/ energy/ vibe. Then, after interacting usually, my mood usually changes, and the way I act changes too. It almost like I can only do what I feel like I'm "allowed" to do. After being around that person for a while I feel like I enter different head space. Some people who are more close minded feel very restricted and I can usually tell, based off of what I feel lead to say to that person, what they believe or agree with, however that is usually purely speculation based on some weird sensation that I can't describe well. After interacting with someone for an extended amount of time, or regularly, it feels like I get stuck in that mode of thinking and state of mind, and it takes a lot of time alone to get back to where I feel comfortable. I've hardly every experienced purely my own natural mind due to this. I've also only recently realized this... I've been taking walks and more time alone, but I've realized that even animals can affect me (nowhere near as much as humans though). In closing to my accidental essay lol, does anyone else experience this kind of thing? And what would you guys recommend to help me get more in touch with my state of mind and not be so "all over the place"? (Grounding and shielding techniques haven't worked anymore, and stones don't do anything for me either unfortunately...)

Thank you in advance to anyone that answers and read this much! Best of wishes as well!

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
2 weeks ago
97 posts
That's an interesting topic, I think people's mentality can change in general depending on who were around and how much influence they have on a person like in Ur case.

Sometimes perhaps see why you feel your mentality should be allowed to be affected, as with life experiences and changes that might come about regardless.

On an empath level, if we don't have awareness of what's going on one can fall into that trap, it's happened to me a few times.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
2 weeks ago
115 posts
Hey! @loconnoro I can relate. I have those moments when I have completely picked up someone else personally, mentally, emotional state, etc. Its like I become them.
I have found that when I let their emotional state play out ( not by acting but by feeling) it usually fades quickly. Some are more stubborn. I also find that it can be a part of empathetic overload. I try to take regular breaks from everything so that I can reconnect with self. Sometimes I can reestablish that connection without the break. I do that by bringing awareness to my physical body.
I don't view it as a negative, just something that happens.

As far as enhancing goes, that's a favorite topic of mine.

http://mysilentecho.com/dreamtongue1.htm

Above is the address to a free book. So far for myself it has been the best. It is unorthodox as some would say. However the more I understand the more I realize that it is not. The author teaches us to get rid of words like supernatural and think of ourselves as just natural. It's a dense read. I have read it several times and am actually about to read it again.

Happy travels
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 weeks ago
709 posts

@loconnoro:

For me, my intuition works best when I allow my subconscious to flow through. In other words, I can't be focusing on a problem at the top of my mind and expect to get much from my intuition. One of the human flaws that impacts intuition is our logical brain. And the logical brain is ruled by past experience, religious beliefs, emotions, ego etc... It's really hard for the intuition to break through all of that.

I have an exercise that I do where I am able in a quiet area to allow my thoughts to go empty or blank. And then my intuition flows through and gives me all sorts of ideas and thoughts. I don't need to meditate to do this although meditating is one way to clear your mind. Another idea is for you to focus on using pre-sleep as a way to allow your intuition to come through. When you go to bed tired try to close your eyes and allow your mind to wander for 5 minutes. Usually at that point your logical brain is foggy and tired and your intuition can shine through. Just think of your problem at that point and seek answers by allowing your intuition to go to work. You may get your answers in that pre-sleep environment. And in some cases it will come during sleep and you'll feel very programmed or well informed on what to do.

On your 2nd question, if your emotional empath skills are really strong, it is easy to absorb and feel part of someone else'e emotional composition. Probably the most basic question any empath should ask at that point is "is what I'm feeling mine?" That helps you learn how to separate how you really feel from what you pick up. Protection stones for most empaths help dull the intensity of the emotional energy from others. Quite often our chakras can get too wide open so you are taking in too high of a level of emotional energy from others. Stones and crystals can help you get those chakras back in balance. (I know you say they don't work, but try some new stones as they are an important medicine for empaths). And meditation, salt baths, and lots of regular rest is another way to ground & balance your chakras.

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
2 weeks ago
97 posts

some good points raised @hop-daddy, where you mentioned allowing intuition to come through via dreams, is that something that happens often? how would you know if you made the correct decisions if you went by it, out of curiosity?

like I had something I wanted to talk about in regards to how we are with people sometimes in general interaction on face level, last night I dreamt about it. I would naturally presume its something perhaps some might benefit from in terms of questioning and understand the various types of empathy related experiences. though I no longer feel the need to talk about it now..?

back to the original post by @loconnoro I can share one experience where in the recent days this has happened to me in a personal case but its tricky in navigating how to get out of it as I don't really know what to do, when one person has type of mentality, and a younger mentality cannot understand or process and a 3rd that is somewhat oblivious to the whole picture, its quite a daunting experience, in that moment of time in my personal case I don't actually know how to come out f it. but what I did do was, fill one person in and it released what was being projected on me, the 2nd I know how to handle but the younger energy perhaps I ought to look at ways in helping them understand, otherwise it begins to rebel. a lot!

in the midst of it all if you can recognise your own and figuratively dissect others, see if you can not hold a though on it and just see what happens?

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 weeks ago
709 posts

@spiritualskies:

Intuition is that "knowing" that we empaths often speak of. It's confidence that you're making the right decision, or giving someone the right advice. I get quite a bit of this knowing confidence from dreams. I think I get programmed a lot. I won't necessarily remember it. But it's the old sleep on the problem and the next day I feel compelled one way or another on how to act or solve a problem. But separately from that, I have experienced a change in the last year or so where my intuition comes alive and gives me knowing answers while awake. I'll kind of day dream for 30 seconds in a way that clears my mind of the present and then my intuition comes through. Sometimes my intuition feedback will give me answers while other times I'm given new ideas or a call to action to give me some direction. I believe that these thoughts that come through are not my own and come from either my higher self or my guides. These intuition messages are very natural to me at this point so I don't know if it is that easy for others to do. But before I started getting this regular ability, I used to really connect with my intuition in that pre-sleep mode that I noted or while meditating.

And how would I know that the messages I receive are relevant or useful? It's hard to explain, but they have been so reliable that I have stopped questioning their validity. They come through and give me this tingly feeling that I have come to trust. And every time I am given answers that are later proven to be the right choice or the right move/advice. I will admit that sometimes the intuition given is the hardest route to take. People want to question that, and that's okay. I think we all know that in life just because one of the paths is easy, doesn't mean it is the right one. As an example, I had a relative come to me who's wife wanted a divorce but gave her husband an option of just separating to see where it goes. The husband took the news as a wake up call that he could get counseling and change all of his behaviors and save his marriage. But my intuition told me that the wife wanted out and just wanted to be free and wild. My intuition told me she was cheating on him and was getting into drugs and alcohol behaviors with a bad crowd when he was out of town. I tried to tell him delicately that my intuition that was coming through told me she was hell bent on getting divorced and that his life would be better off without her. He didn't want to hear that and spent the next 6 months trying to get her back. And his wife did exactly what my tuition told me and she continued to emotionally distance herself from him with boyfriends on the side that was often mixed with drugs and alcohol binges. This created financial and emotional heartbreak for the husband and put their 4 kids through hell. And he 6 months later in the midst of a very messy divorce told me he should have taken my advice. And the crazy thing is that I wasn't giving him advice. Advice is a suggestion or solution that you feel has the best possible outcome for someone. Knowing isn't advice, it's truth. It's basically the deep down knowledge of what is really going on and where their futures are headed. 

updated by @hop-daddy: 05/16/18 03:44:04PM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one week ago
709 posts

@loconnoro

@spiritualskies:

Here's an article that does a much better job at explaining how to be more psychic and intuitive.

http://psychicjoanne.blogspot.com.au/2009/05/psychic-abilities.html

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
one week ago
97 posts
Thanks for sharing @hop-daddy. I could totally relate to some.of the stuff you wrote anf I've had those experiences in similar way too and that was before empathy/Intuition.

I guess I should just carry on and do whatever feels natural. And yeah your right in regards to truth- I think some people whether we can relate or not, as it won't always apply in all cases, have the ability to forsee the outcome of situations depending on the descisions whether we make, watch others make or advise others.

On a personal level I honestly feel even if we I'll advise or advise in good-will, a higher decree will take charge and I've seen it happen. So perhaps for me personally I shouldn't worry so much..

I will deff check out the blog..

@loconnoro hope you have found some answers to Ur questions

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book