Vitamin/Mineral Deficiency in empaths

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
one month ago
371 posts

Hi!  I'm curious to know if anyone suffers from any vitamin/mineral deficiency being an empath?  Do empaths get depleted quicker from those from the many energies out there?   Does having supplements or foods rich in that vitamin/mineral provide any kind of grounding assistance?  I know food and diet has been discussed.

Just thought about this when I took an Epsom salt bath to ground myself, and I was just reading the package and noticed "magnesium" as the first ingredient.  

updated by @tigerlily: 04/27/18 08:14:25PM
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
one month ago
899 posts

Hi...I don't think I'm any different due to low nutrients and mineral....I think though that being low in that regard will cause difficulties....both physically and spiritually...as the physical body ages and the food quality is reduced due to various reasons it's a good idea to supplement ...I recently figured out I have low iodine and probably been this way for years and the drs I've been to have never looked at that...so I took it upon myself to fix that by taking iodine in omega 3s and trying kelp supplements as well...both work just fine and I'm feeling better for the most part as I've got a few other issues I'm dealing with...also my b12 was pretty low...drs checked that one...lol..again supplements...magnesium is another one that people are low on...it helps with a lot of physical problems and spiritual as well....just make sure not to over do it...its safe to bath in....lol...

updated by @womanwhowalks: 04/27/18 08:31:41PM
spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
4 weeks ago
97 posts

A significant decrease in essential vitamins that the body may require, if lacking will affect your mind, body and health depending on what the deficiency is and the extent of it.

in regards to its link with empathy, it wont affect it directly but might affect how you respond to your sensory traits, for example if people eat junk all the time, it affects mood for some, they begin to feel like cap, if your senses are always picking stuff up, and your having a crap day urself due to poor diet or nutrient intake it might just affect how you respond to what you pick up, making you feel worse than you already are..

hope that helps

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
4 weeks ago
115 posts
Protein heavy diets are helpful.
As well as lots of water with a little salt.

I know the salt part sounds strange, and dont misunderstand, I dont put it directly in my water. I just take a pinch of salt for every quarter gallon of water that I drink. Salt helps the body absorb water.

I also feel better when I eat a lot of vegetables. Not just physically, I feel like I have control over my empathetic nature.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
4 weeks ago
115 posts
If you can't do salt alkaline water is also very good.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 weeks ago
709 posts

@tigerlily:

Since epsom salts are magnesium, your body will soak that up. Magnesium is often deficient in people with anxiety and depression. In fact, in our fast paced society, magnesium deficiency is quite common. And that's why its good to soak in it every once in a while. It also does wonders relaxing muscles.

I don't think empaths are really any more deficient in vitamins than anyone else. I think diet has more to do with that. However, being an empath who is often anxious or overloaded with emotional energy does cause adrenal fatigue. That impacts your brain chemistry and is not fun to go through. I dealt with that during the early stages of being an empath.  You'll gain weight, have trouble falling asleep and getting restful sleep. And you'll have a tough time calming down and being your self (even a low stress day has you on pins & needles). You become a stressed out neurotic version of yourself. And it's unfortunate, but most empaths go through this at one point or another.

Adrenal fatigue can be treated by supplementing with adaptogens and gaba and by getting plenty of rest. The best way to move forward is to see a naturopathic doctor and have them test your brain chemistry and treat the problem.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book