Empaths and food

alijay
@alijay
5 months ago
18 posts

Ok I'm a big foodie, weight gain is not that much of a concern right now, but what does bother me is keep eating out of other people's energies lol

I don't know of anyone has gone through anything similar.. it's annoying! I pick up on girls mostly with insecurities who eat out of frustration, eating disorders/ +mentality.. it's like such bad cravings, I'm definitely not putting anything on my shopping list that I k own I'll be likely to binge on (which is what some are doing-self loathing energies, and drowning they're sorrows in food) heck today I wanted to puke up after I'd eaten..

Anyone have any tips on grounding this? Like so many times I'll make myself drinks and stuff that I don't actually want or need... If going on a diet for girl is bad being an empath and trying to go on it is worse..

No offense to anyone with genuine issues around food x

updated by @alijay: 09/05/18 10:47:27PM
GuitarHeroGod47
GuitarHeroGod47
@guitarherogod47
5 months ago
28 posts

I would recommend not eating it. And taking precautionary measures to not eat it when you feel like that. As in creating a food and diet schedule with only the foods you plan and want to eat for that day. Also you can use an app to count calories if you want to cut down, and it works to catalog and keep track of your foods that you eat and track what you eat. I use Loose it.

To ground that I would try to wish away the cravings I would think. But I don't have that problem. Also focus harder on your hand because that works for me and it's someplace which you can work to heal(it's like a pressure point or something, but it might need some attention-just besides the point).

alijay
@alijay
5 months ago
18 posts
Lol! Thanks.. but its my brain needs work, like I know I'm not hungry, and because it's picking up from ppl around I forget and assume I need to snack or something.. and it's weird like u no we do light work an stuff does that mean we have to heal ppl who need help in serious matters like we're ED are concerned? Just something that occurred to me.. how do u heal with Ur hands?
sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
5 months ago
79 posts

hm. i used to have what you call "genuine issues around food" for a long time, and reading you, i wonder: if you are aware that you pick these up from others, why do you act them out? 

no offence intended, i just wonder – for me knowing that some feeling isn't mine usually helps me stop acting on it; sometimes it's enough to ground it in a way. 

so this is puzzling for me. 

for me to get out of the eating issues, i needed to learn to pay attention to the underlying emotions triggering it – what i feel right before i get the urge to binge; and then slowly learning to tolerate it and to have compassion towards it, and to simply fulfil the real need that the emotion is pointing to (rather than substitute with food). 

i've also had to adjust my diet quite a bit, as part of the imbalance in my opinion was related to blood sugar rollercoaster (easy to get when you eat a lot of carbs). 

so without wanting to intrude into your personal space, but i wonder – if you pick up on this to the degree that you actually find yourself acting it out, might you have a shadow / echo of something similar in yourself: some pain that is easy to cover over with food, even if it's by going via other people's patterns / getting covered over by other people's patterns.

because in my personal opinion, otherwise you might sense this urge but you it seems unlikely that you would actually (sometimes) act on it. 

although, if it's really 100% other people, i would think the solution is similar – realise what emotions come just before the urge to binge, and learn to tolerate and ground those (when they are others' just the same – see them for what they are). 

in my experience, these will typically be ... anger, overwhelm, emptiness/boredom, lack of love, nervousness, diffuse (emotional or physical) pain and discomfort that needs to be listened/attended to, inner agitation (again, find the reason and solve it) or others.

food can act like a soothing drug for these – makes you feel them less for a while. whether it's triggered by another person or not. 

i hope this is somehow helpful and not offensive, just from my personal experience. 

don't diet - that just gets you deeper into the problem. if you're able, pay attention to the emotions that come before and learn to tolerate / befriend / ground those and distinguish them from physical hunger, and then the thing will start to resolve hopefully. 

all the best

alijay
@alijay
5 months ago
18 posts

What were Ur probs with eating issues if u don't mind me asking? @sasha-supertramp.. I've read alot of teen magazines in the past especially were eating disorder and stuff was concerned, plus my friend is a recovered anorexic and so I can understand somewhat.. so I can understand yo some extent what ppl are going through, but I forget sometimes like genuinely forget that this is not my

emotional/psychological problem.. Not saying I'm not a binger, but I changed my lifestyle where eating was concerned like 2 yes ago so I can balance, cause I'm not bothered about it right now have I opened myself up to it? Last yr I was really grounded.. Thanks for the read, nearly choked on my herbal tea lol... I don't get those often.. Other times I might literally be in someone's head space if u will and I act out on what they might be trying to cover up..

Tbh with you I can't disassociate from this stuff, I been watching lots of Netflix and I'm just absorbed in the energies that goes through ppl's minds when watching there's literally nothing I can enjoy in my own space anymore.. I can ignore sublke ones it's not a problem..

updated by @alijay: 04/27/18 12:27:48PM
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
5 months ago
966 posts

Hi...now this is something I'm going to throw out there as this (to pretty much everyone) is pretty out there ...in my discoveries about barcodes I realized that these codes are responsible for a lot of energy I pick up around people...we buy them...carry them in our pockets purses...they're on every piece of packaging on food and products....the post office puts them on pretty much every package going through their offices...the codes are on every light post vending machines pop cans and bottles...etc...

I can go on and on...and we ourselves emanate this energy since we consume it via the food we buy and eat and carry on our cards...and before I removed these things from my presence I was always hungry...always....it was like something calling me or telling me what I should eat even though another part of my brain was telling me I don't need to eat...when I finally made the connection that something was actually coming from these codes the only thing I could think of doing was to remove them and clear the energy from all products I purchase..

mM house feels better...my food tastes better...I don't 'hear' energy or feel it until I leave my house or the ones I couldn't find flare up and send out their signal...what i mean is i feel all energy EXCEPT the barcode energy...that is a unique frequency and is quite disturbing to me....I don't CRAVE anything anymore...but when I'm with people I can feel the barcode energy surrounding people and in every single store I'm overwhelmed by the intensity and am quite amazed that I never could feel this energy before....I always wonder why that changed...lol..

Anyway...check what's in your wallet and how many of those crappy things are surrounding you and remove them...find out if that's the energy your actually 'eating'...these things contaminate all food and need to be removed and the energy cleared before consumption...my stomach was always upset and I never could understand why, after I ate..

The beauty of this system is that these codes work in our energy fields...and stick there and filter into our physical bodies as we consume it and can actually make us sick...it affects everyone...I can sense it so it exists...and when a barcode is around me for any length of time the need to buy and to eat comes back....and I can actually FEEL it coming off the barcode....I get rid of it I feel better....always...

updated by @womanwhowalks: 04/27/18 10:01:43PM
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
5 months ago
197 posts
It almost sounds like there may be one person in particular in your life whom you are connected to.

Being aware of an energy does not always make it easy to ground it. Some energies can be stubborn, and that case I find that it is because there is a specific person deeply attached to that energy.

It may not be someone you know. Could have been something that was picked up at one of the restaurants you like to go too.

If you are aware enough of the energy feeling like it is coming from outside I dont think it is yours.

I would pay attention to the people I talk to or are around. Check in with how you feel after the interaction.

Also some time alone connected with my true self, not the self affected by all the outside energies, really helps me get a handle on what I am truly feeling. It also helps me ground any of those stubborn energies.
GuitarHeroGod47
GuitarHeroGod47
@guitarherogod47
5 months ago
28 posts

What I was talking a'bout my have been that your hands may not be in good physical or biological condition, and that and your feed are a major energy point which most people are unaware of, you might need to heal your hands and feet themselves and get them into top physical condition. I used to do that way more than now. It should be like releasing something in them which is aching. The fact that many don't do that is probably why people get arthritis. And also when you have hand contact with an area on yourself, you will be receiving more information from doing that, and therefore will have an easier and more speed up time healing that particular area.

alijay
@alijay
5 months ago
18 posts
@guitarherogod47 I've tried that in the past and quit, I know what I absorb whether it's mine or not, but healing I'm just done with it, usually I'll pick up what others are feeling from locating pressure points, but I've trusted my intuition long enough to be able to do that without any direct contact or other resources I might have utilised in the past.. but thanks

@crystasage thanks IV been doing that too and am aware.. I've just used some of elises techniques instead of bingeing I'll. just wait to see if I can muster up the courage to wait for it to pass and it seems to have worked.. so thanks for the input

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book