Shutting out the world around us?

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
2 months ago
122 posts

When I was a child I often got called a space cadet. It was because I would often zone out and be almost completely unreachable. People would have to scream my name several times before I would respond. 

As I got older I was harshly judged for this habit. So much so that I would either be referred to as mentally retarded or rude. No one could ever quite figure out which one it was. Some thought I was doing it on purpose, I wasn't. Those where the ones who called me rude. Others thought I could help it, the thought I was mentally retarded. While, yes there where times when I did it unconsciously, I am definitely not mentally retarded.

The truth was it was just who I was. It was like I lived in two worlds. The one in my mind which, while people thought I was daydreaming, was vague and often blank. I honestly don't know how else to describe it. And then there is this world that we all live in, and truthfully I found, and still find this one to be very boring.

The funniest thing about the whole situation is that i appeared to be happy to everyone. And for I time I truly was. I was before people started bothering trying to force me out of my head.

So I have been doing an experiment lately. You see I have been wondering if that is my true home, or place of existence. Maybe our minds are all of our true homes and this world is where we meet one another. I have often wondered about descartes I think therefore I am. Maybe he meant I think and that is actually who I am and also where. The world we see with our sense is symbolic a mere figment of the collective consciousness. Like the allegory of the cave the reality we see is but a shadow of what is truth.

So I have gone back to being a space cadet only with actual intention this time. And must say while I still do not know what happens in that space, the feeling I have when I come back is that of being cleansed and whole. It's like I went home to safety with family and came back strong and fully prepared for the world.

Has anyone else ever had this experience?

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
2 months ago
123 posts
Haha I was totally like that when I was younger, I remember in elementary school, I had this good friend, and I used to be a massive day dreamer, and a heavy sleeper, so I remember once it was a topic on space and this guy thought it would be funny, the teacher was awesome and he spotted me day dreaming so he asked me what's the answer and I look baffled cause I zoned out, I look to my friend who was called Julian to help me out and he whispers it's 'jupiter' so I say to the teacher the answer and he says with great enthusiasm "well done! That's wrong"!

Truth is some people are just natural born thinkers, I know someone who'll zone out and shake his head while eating and I'll know he's thinking something or he's stressed, so I'll say right, Ur doing that thing with Ur head, spill, and we'll spend a good 10-15 minutes arguing because he'll keep alot to himself and won't open up, eventually he does and turns out to be nothing major.

I still do it, even worse now, most times conciously, but usually I'll get picked on with 'what entity is it now"? lolbut then there are some that make me feel bad for doing it, so I tell them you know how many people actually do that? It's not something that gets asked as a common question, but because we're conciously aware of it, people who don't do it to that level will presume something is wrong with the person when in fact not..

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book