Does the empath have a purpose?

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
8 months ago
200 posts

I'm sure these questions have been asked before but please allow me to ask them again. 

Is there a purpose that an empath is supposed to fulfill and if so what is it? Is it our job to absorb these energies that make us feel the way we do and if so what are we supposed to do with that energy? What are we capable of doing with that energy? What are we capable of doing in general? Is there a greater use of our empathic nature?

updated by @crystalsage: 09/24/18 10:32:53AM
GuitarHeroGod47
GuitarHeroGod47
@guitarherogod47
8 months ago
28 posts

Alright. So your purpose is to live llife. And to do so to the goodest possible. That could mean whatever you love to do or whatever you find to be the best. I find relaxing outside to be what really gives me to best feelings of living life in a meaningful way(it’s what kind of initiates finding and looking for meaning) So as an empath you should try to investigate this if you get meaning out of it life is meaningful which is better than not having meaning like I currently don’t have; being totally honest. Looking for meaning helps you think and I haven’t been doing enough of that. But it’s how you inspect what life is as well as why does it exist. But being outside in my backyard( don’t mean to brag, but would like to fully get my point across. My backyard is beautiful I have a trees on the fence which is on the road and there are less trees one the other two fences which sepperate the other backyards) and there’s also landscaping which nice looking bricks and a roofed porch which I retreat back to and just sit outside and use my laptop. I also have a pool and hot tub which are in ground. I did none of it the previous owners had it that way. But it’s super nice. But you don’t need to have a super awesome backyard like that to do find meaning. I just find a ton of it when back rhere. I guess it’s like seeing all the posibilites which could happen in life or in the future(and having a clear vision where you see many things at once is the best way I can explain it). But when I’m there what I Mainly think about is what if I could share this with other people and enjoy life to the fullest with a group of people who are like me and would like to have fun like we did when We were a kid. And feel high again on life playing games or video games and enjoying that sense of good wellbeing with other people. Which is what makes it good. Also that feeling is self image where you can visualize your self in a way which is appealing if you were to other people around and physically and also your mental state where your in a fun and loving it state where your height. It like this feeling of awe about how unbelievebly Amazing and wonderful thing are and feeling like your in a whole nother world or dimension( with like machinery and electrical gear working to do things and feeling sense of that stuff which creates this feeliling of comfort and security. ) also seeing into your mind in a way which provides understanding and being able to actually do anything it’s this amazing state of mind hard to explain unless you have experienced it for yourself. It’s like you can see the consciousnesses which is in yourself which isn’t you own Sense of self and also seeing that it’s aware and it’s what can create this sense of the meaning and stuff I just tried to explain. Well I tried hope you can get the idea. Good luck!

to put it simply it’s this thing which you do and it feeling like it’s rellay actually indeed good(remeber that life is good thing in the 2000s). It’s like a process or something which you activate in your system which creates what some would call the lllusion of good. But I thinks it’s overcoming negativity and getting your higher brain to take over and shut off survival mode. Which if you do the point of life is to make things actually good and really amazingly good like how good it was to like take a hot shower when you were a kid, or have real fun which you are like shaking with excitement to have in anticipation before doing whatever. It’s possible you just have to set your mind to it and it can be done. But that ties into finding meaning and understanding put those togeher and you have a recipe for amazingness. Just wanted to share this cause I’ve been having that feeling a lot lately. 

updated by @guitarherogod47: 04/02/18 07:38:47PM
Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
8 months ago
156 posts

Generally, We're here to raise the level of the collective conscientious. Hopefully, in balance with those that lower it, at the least. In my opinion I think it's being raised at a compounding rate. That's an indication that we are doing our job.

Individually, We all have to figure out where we can do the most good, because it's what makes us truly happy. What you can do depends on your skill set and personal sensitivities. You can become much more capable of doing some pretty amazing things if you listen to your Spirit guides. Do what they want you to do, even if you don't want to. They'll give you joy for doing the hard stuff.

Then there's the burden. We bear the burdens of the world and put them in the ground. Rinse,repeat.

What keeps me going is knowing God has a plan and all I need do is go along with it. The reason we are on a need-to-know basis is because otherwise we would interfere. It's our nature.

Jan Howorth
Jan Howorth
@jan-howorth
8 months ago
14 posts

Hi, some good advice above. I would start by blocking out all the negative emotions and fill your aura with light and let yourself shine. If you start looking after yourself and start meditationg, your Divine Plan will start to appear to you. I only found out I was absorbing energy 2 years ago and found Elise's survival guide which helped tremendously in getting through the day without total exhaustion setting in. I took up Reiki and that showed me the way to help people and to look after myself. Always think positive and remember you cant help everyone but you can shine your light as bright as possible. Love and Light X

Rachel Browne
Rachel Browne
@rachel-browne
8 months ago
9 posts

Have you read this:https://enlightenedempathy.com/2017/07/25/empathy-will-change-the-world/

It's definitely worth reading! 

Goodenergyhealing
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
8 months ago
392 posts

IMO, if something disaffects me, I then have the right to defend myself and send those energies into Light, send healing to the source of those energies, etc.... So over time, if everybody did this, we would cleanse this planet of lower vibrations relatively quickly.

Of course it can be tough work till things start to lighten up, but I trust the work is worth it....

Jan Howorth
Jan Howorth
@jan-howorth
8 months ago
14 posts
That sounds good in theory but the person you send them to might not want them. I’ve offered Reiki to loads of people who need healing and the majority have said no, or they would read up on it and come back to me, which they haven’t yet. It’s a relatively taboo field at the moment. If it makes you feel good to send energy back some of it may be accepted by their higher self for the good of them. Generally it’s best to just shield yourself and help those who want it. Get rid of the toxic vampires from your life or avoid them. If you start looking after yourself and listening to your higher self you will get the answers you are searching for.
Goodenergyhealing
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
8 months ago
392 posts

Jan Howorth: That sounds good in theory but the person you send them to might not want them. I’ve offered Reiki to loads of people who need healing and the majority have said no, or they would read up on it and come back to me, which they haven’t yet. It’s a relatively taboo field at the moment. If it makes you feel good to send energy back some of it may be accepted by their higher self for the good of them. Generally it’s best to just shield yourself and help those who want it. Get rid of the toxic vampires from your life or avoid them. If you start looking after yourself and listening to your higher self you will get the answers you are searching for.

IMO Free Will is not an absolute. If we take an extreme example, someone wants to kill you, but you do not want to be killed -  then you have the right to defend yourself. In spiritual terms I see this as suffering desires always have to yield to non-suffering desires! Now of course if e.g. your neighbour wants to live in a messy house, and this does not directly disaffect you, you can pray for your neighbour's happiness (including tidiness), but if it is not in his/her highest interest, there won't be any healing help sent/received. Or if you sent Reiki, Reiki would not go there. But if e.g. your neighbour's messiness starts to attract vermin, or your properties are very close and his/ her property becomes very smelly - then his/her messiness encroaches on your wellbeing, so your are allowed to takes action (including sending Reiki). How the Reiki works, is not up to us. Your neighbour might e.g. discover the joys of tidiness, meet a new partner who is tidy, or stay messy, but move away....

So I e.g. do not want to live on a ecologically apocalyptic planet, so I pray and send healing for humanity to be ecologically responsible (as far as necessary, to not make my live uncomfortable on this planet (at least)). I very much doubt that that healing is not allowed....

And yes, sometimes it can be painful to see someone suffering, and they do not want our e.g. Reiki. One can still pray for such people, wish them well, etc though. :) But here too there might be exceptions. E.g. my father has dementia. Whereas he is not really suffering, if he were to get worse, it would put a lot more psycholigical and practical strain on my mother and the rest of the family. So even if he refused my Reiki (usually sent from a distance anyway), I think his Higher Self would still accept it....

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
8 months ago
200 posts

I'm wondering if the world and self are just reflections of one another aren't those people who we want to heal simply apart of us? The messy neighbor, even the vampires and the narcs. And if so couldn't we get rid of, or improve those things simply by healing self?

If it is our job to ground energy, then shouldn't we let go of the sadness, pain, and fear that sometimes comes with being an empath? In doing so we wouldn't we be grounding those energies, and therefore cleansing them and making space for new energies that also need to be grounded? Is it possible that we spend too much time running from the "negative " that we are supposed to be grounding, so it has become free to roam about the earth? Is this world our own doing?

updated by @crystalsage: 04/04/18 05:05:40AM
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
8 months ago
200 posts
Please don't misunderstand. I see my last question as a positive thing. If this world is simply reflective than we have a lot more power than we realize. I'm simply asking if that is possible.
Goodenergyhealing
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
8 months ago
392 posts

crystalsage "]

I'm wondering if the world and self are just reflections of one another aren't those people who we want to heal simply apart of us? The messy neighbor, even the vampires and the narcs. And if so couldn't we get rid of, or improve those things simply by healing self?

If it is our job to ground energy, then shouldn't we let go of the sadness, pain, and fear that sometimes comes with being an empath? In doing so we wouldn't we be grounding those energies, and therefore cleansing them and making space for new energies that also need to be grounded? Is it possible that we spend too much time running from the "negative " that we are supposed to be grounding, so it has become free to roam about the earth? Is this world our own doing?

I agree with you in so far as to belief as well, that negative energies that come to me, I can and should ground (and or sent into Light).

Is this world our own doing? - I belief we are co-creators, but so are many other beings. Be it animals, plants, rocks, spiritual beings, etc.

...improve those things simply by healing self? - in my belief there is sth to the Hologram- theory, i.e. that everything is in everything, but I do belief that we are still the main force in and for ourselves. Creation is so wast, that if there is say a supernova 10million Lightyears away right now, we might not even feel it. In the same sense, some Mass-murderer might live down my street, but he/she is such an infinitesimal part of of me, that neither my healing will effect him/her much, as well as his/her evil deeds are any responsibility of my state of spiritual health. (in the past I misunderstood the Hologram Philosophie, and kept on blaming myself for every ill I encountered. Saw a war on TV -  blamed myself that there must still  be war triggering amounts of anger in me. Saw a homeless person, blamed myself for having to have thoughts of poverty and injustice, etc, etc. But just because I then sat down, meditated and grounded all anger in me, the wars still did not stop....I did though constantly feel guilty, afraid and weak, which was no fun).

But coming back to the hypothetical mass murderer living down the street. If I pray for a safe live/ safe neighborhood -  that should, in this instance, have much greater effects than me healing myself. He/she might repent and change, be caught, or move away.....

Also me praying for a safe live might not only get that murderer caught, but lower the crime rate in my neighbourhood otherwise too. Plus get rid of energies, that instigated/ supported criminal activity, etc....

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
8 months ago
456 posts
@ crystalsage This is a great topic and many great advice/suggestions etc. I agree with you. To help bring balance to this world that is full of negativity. We all have a vast knowledge of wisdom that others may lack through multiple reincarnations etc. We are resourceful and everwhere. What to do with that negative energy? I don't know, maybe it's supposed to filter through us to turn into white light and be sent out as positive? Probably through grounding work as you stated.
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
8 months ago
1,375 posts

Just to offer another perspective on the emapath's purpose in life to think about.....

Researchers have found the same percentage of highly sensitive members (about 15%) in all species of mammals, not just us humans! The empathic ones are the most valuable members of the animal herd or human tribe, since our hyper vigilance often warned them of attack or clued them into the whereabouts of game and/or predators.

We used to live in tribes, and I think anyone can see that we still think and act in a tribal manner.....just watch the news! In animal tribes, the sensitives serve as the sentinels to save the group by being the alarm system for all of them. The sensitive zebras are the first to hear the twig snap as the lions approach, for example, and will start running first. Those who follow those sensitive zebras in running away will be safe. Fear thus also serves a warning purpose on earth, and I think we often forget that fear is not all bad, and is needed anywhere duality exists. Those zebras who are totally oblivious to tuning in to the sentinel zebras will stay there munching grass and be eaten.

I think it's strange that modern human society is so twisted that those who are self-serving and oblivious to the plight of others are not "eaten", but just the opposite. They have risen to the top in every facet of society and have made life on earth hellish as a result.

Also, the human herd now ignores our warnings. A huge number of empaths I encounter have the modern "canary in the coal mine" diseases of an overly toxic environment, like fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and multiple chemical sensitivities, just for starters. Are the masses paying attention to the fact that this may happen to them soon if we don't stop crapping all over where we eat? (We are the only species dumb enough to do that.) Not that I can see. The herd is not responding to us anymore. Most are so far divorced from nature that they no longer realize they are even a part of nature and completely dependent upon it. 

IMO, this lack of valuing those like us, who used to be considered the MVPs of life, may be one reason why so many of us feel a lack of purpose. I believe our purpose is still the same, but it is being ignored, and at great peril to the survival of the human species. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
8 months ago
940 posts

@crystalsage:

At our core we are healers. Some people call us energy exchangers. We take away people's stuff and exchange it with our high vibrational energy. We make everyone feel better around us. How many times has someone told you "you're an amazing listener, I always feel better after talking to you". That's your healing powers at work.

Everyone has a life path. I would say a pretty high percentage of people don't fully find their life path and don't realize their potential or the assignment that they were sent here to do. Humanity is so much more distracted these days and have become more disconnected from each other and spirit. But for empaths our life path is more pronounced. When you start the empath awakening process it is like a kick in the teeth. It's painful since you feel so intensely. Eventually we all learn to ground and hone and control our gifts. And I think our place in this world is to heal and lift up mankind.

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
8 months ago
200 posts
I would just like to thank everyone who participated in this discussion. It has been great hearing all the different opinions. I love that, even though we share this great gift,there is so much diversity among us.

I also love that we can freely share our opinions with one another so openly.

I thought it would be fun to post this question just to see what we feel our empathic nature is for, and can do.

Once again thank you.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book