snake analogy

spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
3 weeks ago
48 posts

hi everyone and thank you for letting me be part of ur community..

snakes have always signified to me bad vibes and character, this was usually in visions. but for some reason I feel like a snake myself that is shedding skin in terms of growing from the negativity from others or this person in particular, becoming a stronger wiser person, with a broader outlook on life. at the same time reflecting back on this person and thinking if they don't change their ways they will continue to project that negativity onto those around them and completely damage whatever they have a chance of salvaging.

how do I deal with people like this? avoiding them is not an option as its a work colleague..

I had absorbed so much from them, I'm still in a mentally distressed state and my heart is at great unrest. and snakes were heavily involved in this persons reading.

This persons condition is in a filthy state, beyond what I had already perceived of them, I definitely learnt my lesson making myself vulnerable at the expense of knowing what I would suffer, I had no idea that it would be to this extent. I hope that I can be better prepared in future.

on another note with someone else,

I used to be a real chatter box, always nagging people, wanting to talk about empathy related stuff, the more I'm growing back into the person that I used to be, some people might just naturally start hearing less from me, i'd like to talk with some that I get on with really well, who understand somewhat of my journey but I never really understand them, because of the way they relay things. I don't blame them they're autistic but until they/we cant find a way to communicate properly I just want to stay away in the sense, I'm not actually in the mood to talk with/to them, no offense to them. and the little baby steps that have helped me ground, that they were largely part of means I am starting to bottle up stuff again that upsets me and I'm wondering if they feel it as I consciously talk about it, might feel like little pin pricks of pain to them. because I seem to feel it as like a synchronicity thing though what actually is bothering me I'm withholding from them.

why would I use a snake analogy?

what does it mean to others if anything?

peace to you all.

updated by @spiritualskies: 04/02/18 03:33:56PM
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 weeks ago
95 posts
@spiritualskies

As far as grounding goes for myself I have learned to have several ways to ground. What works today may not work tomorrow so it is useful to have a lot of different techniques.

I am big fan of crystals. That may be something you can look into. I like breathing exercises, writing, reading helps me get into my own head and out of others. Daydreaming, singing, smudging, quiet sitting, solitude among other things are things I like to do.

Snake analogy...

I believe that things do not necessarily have a set place as good or evil. I believe that the snake analogy can also be good, your idea of shedding skin representing growth is one.

There is a symbol of a snake eating it's own tail, and just continuing to go around in an endless circle. It could be symbolic of a cycle destruction, or of an eternal truth.

I think it depends on what it means to you in the moment. From what you have said it sounds like you may be at a point where things that were once negatives for you may now be turning into positives.
spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
3 weeks ago
48 posts
Thanks for Ur response @crystalsage, yeah I agree and have similar techniques as yours, I'm Muslim so small religious practices helps ground alot in cleansing, not quite there in shielding though..

I kind of learnt from this experience to look at my own self, to Jude a situation but to acknowledge my own flaws and where I could improve
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
3 weeks ago
95 posts
You're welcome. I also work on self improvement. I have learned that for myself it is the quickest way to change my environment.
Kate T
Kate T
@kate
2 weeks ago
137 posts

I acknowledge that help and advice for the other things you mentioned could be welcomed, but I will concentrate on what snakes always represented for me and what i'd tell someone who is afraid of them. What you mentioned about the visions does not feel that heavy, or on the fear-phobia side (because I've met people who never touched or met snaked in real life and yet had a snake phobia)and might not really be related to what i'm going to say, but that is good.  

I've had a lot of dreams that involved snakes in the past, but they were never scary. My dreams do take a lot of color from what I actively think and believe about things, and in my case, i find reptiles beautiful, and I touched and photographed snakes in the wild before. I also like drawing them. In dreams, what was scary was, maybe, the environment they were in.

They never appeared as indicating something bad themselves, but more like 'something happened that made them not be docile', or I was not sure how to approach them. 

A very positive dream i had about them when i was younger, was where i woke up at the base of a tree on a small patch of land surrounded by water, like in a sunny, green, beautiful swamp or flooded forest. On that patch surrounding me there were a myriad of colorful snakes on the ground, so many I couldn't see the grass, but they created a path for me to walk forward without stepping on them and got into a boat and started rowing slowly. In another it was night and I was looking for a silvery, almost spirit-like milk-colored anaconda that i could picture in my mind but couldn't find. In another, I felt pain as me and many snakes got caught in big fires in a garage/parking... in another, very poisonous snakes were hanging still in a tree orchard in a desert, trying to keep their energy, and judging whether they could let me touch them/react to me or not... these dreams with them are calm, compared to others I have/had. 

Animals that appeared in very intense dreams in the past, that I can remember: black dogs/wolves, lions (my earliest dream that i remember from early childhood, about 2 lions and roaring in the night, back when dad and mom were still sleeping with me sometimes because i was scared of the dark, and we still had a white/black tv) and then about a caged and angry lion, primates, an Orca, snowy/barn owl, dinosaur (carnivorous bipedal type), horses.

I wouldn't advise you or any person for that matter (and I've discussed this already with other people) to start fearing or associating and animal with something spiritually negative because you heard you should or someone had a bad experience (we are talking about animals). That never leads to good things, and that animal will then become for you a mere shadow, reflection, echo of something that comes from outside which you 'kindly' welcomed inside (fear) for no reason, in dreams, comparisons or passing illusions, in what you project when thinking or looking at it. You ought to have your own experience with animals and decide for yourself, or when not applicable, try to switch your focus to yourself and reflect upon it, don't just 'welcome it in'. Our role as human beings is definitely not to live in fear and on primal instincts, and everyone has different needs and callings...

updated by @kate: 04/07/18 04:56:45PM
spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
2 weeks ago
48 posts
Thanks @kate.

I kind of view different animals in many different aspects since being empathic. Prior to that I didn't really have any views except from religious contexts where dream interpretation is concerned.

Now it make me analyse what I see image more broader context, for example if I see an animal either via dream, or in a wakeful 3rd eye vision, or if I keep seeing in correlation to someone's energy field I might be absorbing from, I then look into what does that animal represent in its animal kingdom, what are its attributes, what connection do they have with what I'm absorbing etc, perhaps you could apply some of this in your own thread that u started in helping you unlock the answer you seek.

If I had to give an example, it's not necessary but one person I met a couple years ago, I kept seeing a tiger associated with them, I didn't know why then, but after some contemplating, I understand they don't represent a tiger to me anymore, where its attributes once (just to highlight) were stripes-- scars, I. Whatever aspects you want to understand them in, and a wild nature, though that is still true, it's got a tamed feel to it In Terms of anger or chaos, which I won't go into. But that has shifted from tiger to lion now, and it represents a more boystrous nature, bold, lack of fear, strength, an alpha male etc
spiritualskies
@spiritualskies
2 weeks ago
48 posts
It's actually made me want to add that, a dog, in someone else's interpretation represented anger. And I actually used to have a fear of dogs and was aquite a temperamental person, I could got from 0-10 in a flash.

I conditioned myself to not be afraid of dogs when I would walk past them in the street, but when I came across meditation, it was the first thing that I most focussed on to ground, after weeks of practice and repetitive conditioning, I grounded it.

Soon after I began to notice I no longer have a fear of dogs, and no longer am easily tiled where anger is concerned. However it is triggered within me through external factors where empathy is concerned. And where in a religious contexts god is concerned, I don't fear that im in the wrath of God where sins are concerned, However I get guidance through religious literature from God in a more compassionate sense. Where he wants me to focus on continuing my self improvement journey and helping those whom I can and attempt those whom I can't, and to remind myself that he is the ultimate guide and and singular higher power.

Whatever dogs are cincerned, (I'm an animal empath too) I must warn myself not to approach even if I do feel fearless and free from harm, I have to bear in mind that since I no longer see this animal as a threat to myself anymore, it may see me as a threat and to respect it's individual boundaries.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book