Shielding yourself

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
7 months ago
425 posts

Hi!  I'm looking for advice on shielding.  

Some of the things I use are healing stones, I even have jewelry of healing stones,  Epsom salt baths, reiki, chakra balancing, nature walks, essential oils, envisioning myself covered in white light.

But, I think some of the past life regressions I have been doing is making the empathy stronger that the above isn't working well anymore.  Which was expected as it came out in the regression my gifts would be amplified, but this is wow.  I struggled before looking people in their eyes, but now I cant even look at anyone.  I'll just zone off and say dumb things.  I'll start shaking if my coworker is complaining about something and then it feels like tuning a radio in my head  trying to find a station, and then again I say dumb things.   Just when I thought I felt everything before, this is just wow.  

So whatever you all may suggest.  I'll try anything to get back to normal :)

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
7 months ago
200 posts
I do a few things that I find work.

As far as stones go I keep a combo of black tourmaline and jet in my pocket. When things get intense I hold them in my hand.

I wear black kyanite and tigers eye around my neck. The kyanite helps ground the unwanted energy and the tiger's eye fills me with loving and focused energy.

I also keep red garnets in my pocket, they keep any negative energy from turning inward.

Setting very clear boundaries with people has been amazing for me.

I also sleep with stones, that helps clear out the energies of the day so I can start fresh in the morning.

Loud noises can help shift energies.

Being aware of what energy is mine and what is not helps me give the energies time to leave my body.

Also deep breathing, with a strong emphasis on the exhalation really helps me. When no one is around I blow raspberries. That helps me eliminate the old energy allowing more room for new energy.

I have had the experience were old copping strategies stop working.

I have also found that I have to clean my stones every night. Talking to them and thanking them in advance every morning for their help through the day.

I also recently bought a decent size peice of hematite. It was pretty rough the first few days but now I feel even better.

Free writing helps me too. I don't do it all the time just when I need to.

I have also made a grid of selenite around my room to create a safe space for my energy to flow.

I sleep with blue and green kyanite and malachite under my pillow. I often hold the jet and black tourmaline in my hand and have added the hematite. The first time I did this I was surprised to wake up with them still in my hand. I slept well and felt amazing the next day.

I have also found that for myself I am like you said as a radio. I am always tuned into the energies of my surroundings. Once I accepted this I have found it much easier and I enjoy it. I feel like I am tuned into information that most are not. I have learned that what I feel, see hear, smell, and hear are all empathetic information. When I don't interpret it, I get overwhelmed because I am not telling the energy I don't want to go. When I pay attention to it which, as difficult as I know it can be, sometimes means eye contact I am put in a sense of strength.

I am always receiving empathic information. For example I have a co-worker I avoid. She is a very nice person but there is something very of balance about her energy. When ever she talks I go through a series of different emotions. I have recently realized she is sick and I think somewhat depressed. That series of emotions I go through are hers which is why I don't want to be around her, because she doesn't want to be around herself. I would actually like to get her some stones but she is not open to it. So I keep my distance as much as I can. I am polite but I do very little interacting with her.

I think some have to find their own way as much as I would like to help. Her own energy will not let me in. So I listen to my instincts and stay away.

Hope there was something helpful in all of that.

Take care.
sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
7 months ago
79 posts

@TigerLily, I'm very familiar with what you describe, it's basically my default way of functioning since childhood.

At some point I've written an article on what kind of works for me (here, hope you don't treat it as spam) in part for self-reflection, in part wondering if parts of it could be useful for others. (There's a few similar ones on specific topics here.)

I've kept learning and developing since I've written that, so if I can find time later today or in the next days, I'll write up other things I've found. 

I know this can be hardcore ... wondering if it makes any difference that you got into it through a regression (rather than having that from birth) ... if that means it can be easier to calm down as you focus on yourself and your other projects, or if it doesn't matter. Anyways hope to write again later, have a good day. 

sashacat1995
@sashacat1995
7 months ago
40 posts

What helps me when I feel like I'm about to float away is that I connect with the color red to ground me.  I picture it, try to find something red in the room, and once I even stared at a red traffic light while in my car.  I know it's only one thing, but I hope it helps.

krosskelt
@krosskelt
7 months ago
62 posts

I've dealt with shielding in a few different ways.  Some have worked well for me and some not so much.  Most of the methods have been covered by others above.

When I was in my teens, an alone and developing empath, I formed an outer bubble.  In my mind's eye it was a blue bubble that is about 4-5 feet from my body.  At first I thought it was a shield, but later found it more to work like a sensing bubble.  Most of the things outside of the bubble I can keep out from the inner me, but things inside are more difficult to block and shield from.

Later I formed a second layer that is only a foot or two from my skin.  The First outer sensing bubble, and this one vary in distance from me depending on how comfortable I am in the space and what kind of mood I personally am in.  I can fill the room with my sensing bubble if I want.  My inner shield blocks/filters most things enough to keep it from infecting my inner self.  I can feel and sense them but they don't become me.

If somebody was to touch me though, the likely hood of their emotions becoming my own would increase greatly.  After High School I moved to a much larger city, and found that it was more difficult to keep people out of my inner bubble, that was only a foot or two from my body.  So I formed an armor that encases my skin.  This works well to filter out what my inner bubble can't.  Stuff sometimes still gets through though.

That all described....it is a horrible way to go about things.  Shielding is all about keeping what we are in as much as it is about keeping what everybody else has out.  It takes a humongous amount of personal energy to maintain even simple shields.  I think of it like a rock in a river.  Yes everything has to get out of the way, but slowly you are wearing down and will be pushed away.  

After accepting what I am, becoming part of communities like this, and doing research on my own.  I came up with two methods.  One for getting through crowds, I send my energy forward and imagine it splitting the emotions like Moses parting the sea as I walk through.  And the other is just becoming transparent, it is like sensing the emotion and energy coming towards you and just releasing it immediately.  Doing so allows it to pass through you instead of try to redirect it other places or around you.  It takes some practice and you have to consciously do it as they come at first, but like walking it soon becomes second nature.  By becoming transparent, I have also reduced the amount of time I spend at night sorting emotions to see if they belong to me or if I picked them up through the day from others.

One last benefit of not shielding is you can fulfill your task as an empath easier.  You are not blocking or shielding, so you can notice, identify, and trace them back to who they belong easier...hopefully without them affecting you.  We are not supposed to block and shield, we are supposed to notice.  I still shield out of habit sometimes, and it can be difficult for me to take them down when I feel safe inside of them.  I try to do better though.

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
7 months ago
200 posts
@krosskelt I found what you said very interesting and true for myself. I did not know that we were not supposed to block things out but after reading what you wrote it makes sense to me.

I read an book online called the book of storms. While he never says what you just said he is definitely all about embracing our empathic nature. In fact he never mentions shielding. He does talk a lot about grounding and realizing that everything we are from our sight smell and taste etc. is apart of that nature.

The first time I tried reading his book I get hit with a flood of information so overwhelming I could not tell where I began and it ended.

I had to change the way I viewed the world and accept that I will never see things the way others feel because as empaths we are always recieving.

Once I accepted that life as an empath has been enjoyable. I still have my moments when I get overcrowded by the world, however I've noticed that when I observe the information coming in I am able to tell what is mine and what is not. The funny thing is most of it is not mine.

Obviously I love using crystals to help me. Recently I have begun to think that we are like human crystals and it is our job to allow that energy to pass through us so that it can go back through the earth, or wherever it goes, to keep the energy flowing instead of staying stagnant.

I actually feel better when I do that and I notice that my environment improves without my doing anything at all.

Sometimes I get random calls from people who I have not spoken too in a while who wish to confide in me. After the conversation is over I hear a change in their voice, one often of release. When I get off the phone I notice that all that energy is in me. That part can be frustrating at time but once I let the energy ground I feel just fine, happy even, like I did my job.

So I enjoyed reading what you wrote.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
7 months ago
200 posts
@tigerlily I do not know if it is the same for all of us. However when you mentioned that you shake when your coworker talks to you.

I have also noticed a shakey feeling around certain people or even while meditating after a hard day.

An energy worker told me it is a sign of energy from others. For myself I have noticed this to be true. I wonder if you feel it is the same for you?
krosskelt
@krosskelt
7 months ago
62 posts

Blocking and shielding definitely make me feel better when times are the worst.  Not shielding makes me feel better overall in the long run.  Grounding and clearing is the best way to go about, but I don't always have the time to stop and process it enough to do that.

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
7 months ago
200 posts
@krosskelt do you work with crystals at all?

For myself I find that they help keep me grounded, or allow me to quickly release.
krosskelt
@krosskelt
7 months ago
62 posts

Yeah I use crystals.  I have a decent collection, some I carry, some in my desk at work, some in my cars stashed away in spots.  Others are better at identifying and working with.  Since others had covered it, I figured I would cover the parts that weren't covered.  

The ones I carry vary on how I feel and what pulls to me.  Rose quartz is one of the ones that draws most to me.  But here is a list of most of the different ones I carry:  Amethyst, Sodalite, Citrene, Black tourmaline, Amazonite, Moss agate, Flourite, Clear Quartz, Tiger's Eye, and smokey quartz.  Probably more I am forgetting or forgot the name of.  Another I carry and am strongly drawn to is Malachite, but one needs to be careful carrying it because it tends to teach you lessons fast.  I usually don't carry more than 4 stones on me at any given time.  

updated by @krosskelt: 03/28/18 02:34:35PM
krosskelt
@krosskelt
7 months ago
62 posts

Just a few of what I have
10904420_10205682795012968_8333347669297248078_o.jpg10922385_10205881667064645_8805583046801643834_o.jpg

10931702_10205881662144522_8715034154666560668_o.jpg10933925_10205851261144516_4530522104549480894_n.jpg

10947370_10205881662464530_5857240238679569544_o.jpg10620340_10205881666504631_5363241788799347560_o.jpg

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
7 months ago
425 posts
@crystalsage yes!! The shaking only happens around certain people. Then I get nervous/anxious and say dumb things. What does that mean? Like it's bad energy? I know in this one case that coworker they are not good people. I'll have to pay attn to that one.

@Krosskelt yes i agree to an extent it's not good all the time based on our purpose. I do live in a big city and work the downtown area. Population over 3 mil, 9 mil with the surrounding suburbs. People are everywhere all the time and I have no idea who's it. We have thousands of people in our bldg, and hundreds on a floor. When I think it's one person, it's usually the person next to them. I think here in this case I have to shield, it's to much. Would you? Oh and lots of narcs in a big city too. The one who makes me shake is a narc, only it's gotten worse the past few days. The shakiness. Today it made me jump out of no where, I turned around and there he was.

I'm going to try everything you all mentioned tomorrow. Today I envisioned the white light pouring over me like lava, and saw myself glow, had all my healing stones, and evil eye. I also asked for assistance from my guides, this time. I think it helped a bit more.

This may sound strange, but my cat today is not trying to walk all over me. Guess I haven't noticed his behavior until today. He's still abut 2 feet away sleeping, but normally he trys to sit on my chest, shoulder, or head, every day. And follows me everywhere, even to the bathroom. He's not little either. Maybe he senses something too.
krosskelt
@krosskelt
7 months ago
62 posts

Really all shielding is, in my opinion, is holding an emotion strong enough to overcome the others hitting you.  Sometimes some people use anger as their shield.  Other's love, even anxiousness can be a shield if it makes you feel vigilant (not sure how to describe otherwise) in a some way.

I've been and lived in large cities.  The initial energy of the city is intoxicating to me, but after awhile that wears off and all the emotions wear on me.  I am going to San Francisco for a week, in two days, by the end the emotions of the people I'm going with, and the city, are going to have me wiped out.  So I understand your problem. 

I choose to live in a city of about 13k.  Between 10k-20k seems to be where I enjoy it the most.  I grew up in a town population 250 and sometimes you don't want to know everything about everybody around you.  It is better to wonder who it is coming from.  It also becomes hard to be around anybody because every situation involves old emotions, and what you don't read right off you are able to piece together from the emotional flow.  Sometimes it is more important that it is or isn't yours, but other's it is our job to know and act if we can.

One of my theories is that cats are better empaths than most beings.  That is why they are such jerks.  lol  "oh you want to be passive aggressive human.  Cats invented passive aggressive...amateur."  It want's to be around to transmute your energy, but not in your way right now b/c that isn't what you need.  Try leaving it's bowl empty for an extra hour if you miss the attention, or go to the bathroom and leave the door cracked by accident.

updated by @krosskelt: 03/28/18 06:21:49PM
TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
7 months ago
425 posts
Yes! Whenever I go on vacation, I feel relieved. But after a day or 2, I feel like I didn't even take one. It's probably why I love all the small towns along the great lakes. It feels so peaceful, and like I can breathe again. Emotional shielding only helps with anger. Which I'm not for all the time, I do like being happy. When I am, that's when people flock like seagulls.

Cats are interesting, that's for sure. At least when I need a hug he's always there for that.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
7 months ago
200 posts
@tigerlily
I don't know if it's bad energy. The way it was explained to me was that it is energy that does not belong to me.

I don't think the body can handle all that excess energy for long and maybe that's why we get tired and start to feel sick.

I hand an issue with my hand that left me unable to use it for 6 months. And even after that i dealt with a great deal of pain for almost 2 years.

After 4 months of meditating with shungite and cerrusite I got the full use of my hand back. And lots of other things improved. The first day I started with the two stones my whole body shook uncontrollably. It felt like there was an earthquake happening inside me. The more I did it the less I shook. After a while my mood drastically improved. I had been going through a severe depression and was even suicidal. It was strange though because it was like there were two of me. There was a strong urge to want to end my life, but there was another part of me that kept saying no call for help. It was like I had no control of my own mind. I was on a lot of medications until I removed the excess energy. Then all the depression and suicidal thoughts went away as if they were never there.

In fact that is the event that made me accept I was an empath. At first I thought I was silly but the more I researched and soul search the more life made sense. The better I felt.

So I became curious at just how much was me and how much was other people. I grew up in a small town and was very secluded from others because of my up bringing. So I was fortunate to be able to spend my childhood truly connected with my true self.

In fact I never had problems unless I was around a tremendous amount of people. Small groups were fine because I spent so much time alone that I grounded outside energy unconsciously.

I ran into major problems when I first moved to new York city. However I had a very rough upbringing so I thought it was my own mind that was the problem. I new that I had certain gifts because I always seemed to know things about places and people and never knew why. There were also other experiences I couldn't deny.

This part is also @krosskelt. I now live in the bay area and I totally understand what you mean about sf. It is the most heartbroken city I have ever visited. There is so much pain there. In fact it was where I was when the suicidal thoughts started happening.

Therapy is what made me realize it was the energy of the city I was picking up on. I would go to work in the city and the anxiety and depression would be driven to extreme lengths. I would take a break for a few days and be completely back to normal. At first the doctor thought I was bipolar and so did I. But I didn't have the right symptoms for bipolar 1 or 2. I wouldn't get manic or hypomanic, just extremely depressed and then normal. In fact my doctor's office was about 30 miles from the city and most of the time I would be perfectly fine by the time I got there unless I had been working in the city for weeks on end.

I know for myself that even when i realized and accepted my empathetic abilities i had no clue just how much of my life was being lived based on outside energy that i was picking up. The short answer was all of it. It was like i was a cup that was not only full but being constantly overflowed.

I must say that as crazy as that experience has been i am totally excited for the future. I don't have a complete handle on my abilities but I am aware of them now and I have myself back and I have missed my beautiful soul. I have always felt different and now I know why and I am happy for it.

@tigerlily I honestly think that most, if not all of what you feel is empathetic. However I am of the strongest mind that only you can truly know that. For myself when I was new to my empath side one of my greatest fears was that I was using this as an excuse to displace blame. Now I realize that it was just a fear.

I could seriously go on forever about this. I now know who I am, and while there are no true words to explain it. I will say this. The true me doesn't feel much pain, sadness or anger or much of anything. I mean that in a sage like, not dissociative, way. What I do feel is the world. I don't know just what I am supposed to do with that yet. I do believe that as empaths we are a lot stronger than we truly know. I think the world we now live in has suppressed us for so long that we have rightfully become afraid of truly accepting just what we are capable of.

I love you all much. Truly enjoying this feed.

Gotta get back to work.

Take care.
TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
7 months ago
425 posts
@crystalsage. After today it seems like the shaking is from not good energy. I was with that guy today at work in a meeting for nearly 2 hours, and i shook the whole time. Afterwards I felt nausea and had a headache. I couldn't even walk straight and had vertigo. I started thinking maybe my bloodsugar got to low and so i ate, nope nothing. It didn't help. Another hour went by and the nausea was still there, the shakes, a headeach, and I felt feverish, the vertigo. So I left work and in 20 minutes I started to feel better. Now that I'm home, and it's been a few hours, I am feeling pretty good and now want to go and do something :)

I knew I was going to have this meeting today and had shielded myself, and red and green had kept popping in my head, and I asked for help from my guides.

I know what you mean about city life. The farther away I get from the city the better I feel. It's like normal and feels great! :)
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
7 months ago
200 posts
@tigerlily that sounds like a long day. I wonder if he's sick?

There is a girl at my job who has a similar affect on me. My ears hurt first and then my head whenever she talks. I keep a few feet in between us and mentally tune her out. It's too much.

@krosskelt I love your crystal collect. I like the variety and the sizes. I always carry stones with me. I feel overwhelmed if I don't.

Although I made a silly mistake because I felt bad for a coworker. She was experiencing a haunting after visiting a burial ground. She wasn't getting any sleep and it was freaking her out. So I let her borrow my jet and tourmaline, just so she could get a feel to see if it w was s for her. Unfortunately I don't think I'm getting them back. I've never lent someone my stone before. Never will again. I just felt bad for her. She's an empath and is unwilling to accept it and is completely unguarded. I thought the stones might help.
TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
7 months ago
425 posts
@crystalsage that waa really nice that you offered to help her like that. You didn't know that she wasn't planning on returning them. But I get it, and understand how that feels. Have you tried reaching back out again?

No he's not sick. It's his energy. He's a narcissist, master manipulator. I don't think he thought I'd be as prepared in some of the pushback to his manipulative ways which got him to stop in the end, or the fact that I'm a human being too and have feelings too. I've been reading about narcissists all week, and in all the articles it seems for narcs they need their egos stroked to get on their good side. But I also know they take and take and take. So I tried the reverse on him. Called him out on his lies, provided examples of things he didn't think I'd had that proved his lies, showed my emotion and my feelings and that it's not all about him and that it's his people/staff too. In the end I did feel really bad, and questioned if I was to harsh? Because he looked really sad and then couldn't keep his stories straight in the end. And I think that's when I had absorbed all his energy and felt that sick. Because after the meeting he seemed fine. I've been sick every month that I started work there. I've never been this sick so much. I caught hand foot mouth, and I have no kids, no one else in the office had it. I was out of work for a week with it. I had laryngitis. I got the flu and was out 2 days. And multiple colds with flu like symptoms. I through out my back, which I haven't done in years. And was in pain and discomfort for 3 wewks. My knee kept acting up for a month, which again hasn't happened in years. Chronic headaches. All in 6 months. The days he's not there I feel perfectly fine. And no headaches, back pain, knee pain, cold/flu like symptoms. When he's back something starts again.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
7 months ago
200 posts
Have you thought about finding a new job?
I had a boss who made me sick like that. He seemed like the nicest person but most narcs do. I didn't fully recover until I left that place. His wife went through the same thing with him.

The reason I ask if he was sick is because for me the side effects of each narc is different. The more I talk to them the more I realize that all the sicknesses I pick up usually belong long t ok them. They never show symptoms because I've taken it all, or be given, from them.
TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
7 months ago
425 posts
Are you referring to physical sickness?

Yes I'm looking for a new job. :)
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
7 months ago
200 posts
You know I don't think its limited to physical sickness. Sometimes I think it could also be and imbalance, of what I am not exactly sure.

I noticed that some people are a lot hotter than normal. It's like their energy is on fire.

When I feel balanced I feel cold, but not in an comfortable way. Cold in the way you feel once tha swelling goes down, or when a fever goes away. I feel good, like I can handle anything.

It's when I come into contact with anyone who has that fever like quality. I need to get away from them.

It's also causing me to change my view of the narc, because it's the same feeling but sometimes it comes from the sweetest people. People who happen to be angry or going through something. A lot of times it could be a mental disorder of sorts. But not everyone who has a mental disorder emits that same energy.

In fact today I am taking a break from the world so I can regroup "get back to work"

I'm starting to think that narcs are in more pain than all of us. I'm not saying that we have to bend over and bow to them. I'm just wondering if the amount of healing that they is more than we can handle and that is what makes them weaken us. Or if it is the case that they do not want to be healed.

I am of the mind that when something is not working than a change needs to be made. It's like the idea that instead of having a anti-war rally, a meeting focused on peace would have a better outcome.

It seem to me that all empaths have great difficulty dealing with narcs. Difficulty that can be disruptive to our lives. The coping skills we apply work for a while, but I wonder if there is a more effective way to handle the situation. I myself am tired of taking breaks, not because I want to but because I need it. I loved my last job and had to leave because my boss was a narc. I am tired of feeling like this other entity has control over where I can exist in the world. I want an end to this.
Maybe it is possible that the narc and the empath are the universal representation of yin and yang, and once we stop trying to change each we may find a way to heal together. To live side by side peacefully.

Of course in the mean time. We all have to do what we need to do to survive. Which for me means keeping my distance. And when I am around a narc I mentally check out into my daydreams.

My mother is a narc and daydreaming is how I survived her. I actually don't daydream as much but I do it more and more now. It really helps me.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
7 months ago
200 posts
I just had I thought I figured I'd share.
Having one focus at a time helps me. For example some days when I work that is all I do. I spend the rest of the day doing self care. I don't pick up the phone go on social media or anything. Some days when I go out with a friend it's the same deal. It lessens the energy I pick up through the day.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
7 months ago
200 posts
@tigerlily can you put headphones on at work?

I do on rough days when I can it really helps. I have a friend who even bought the wireless headset so it hard to tell when she is listening to music because she needs it to talk.
sashacat1995
@sashacat1995
7 months ago
40 posts

Something else that you can do that I've started doing is you can take bathroom breaks where you literally shake the negativity off your body.  Like seriously, do the hokey pokey and shake those limbs out.

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
7 months ago
425 posts
Yes, I put headphones on at work. Sometimes that works. Today I had them in almost all day. As for the bathroom, lol. Yes I have sometimes gone in there to just sit, that helps too. But only if no one else is in there. I've even gone into empty conference rooms, or my friends desk and she'll put a meeting on my calendar lol. I'll even go to the one guys desk, whom I think ma be an empath and make it look like we are working but talk. Lol. Anything I can do to get distance from that narc.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
7 months ago
200 posts
Lol. I hide in the bathroom sometimes too. It does help.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
7 months ago
200 posts
@krosskelt I thought about what you said about not shielding today. There were quite a few people at work today who just had a really heavy energy. So I focused on grounding their energy as it was coming to me. It hurt at first and made me feel. Sick. However the more I allowed that energy to ground, which made me start think that this is the purpose of the empath, the easier it was to feel that energy.

Today was a day where there was so much energy on me that normally I would have had to shut down for the rest of the day. I hear the buzzing that usually comes and I felt a rise in body temperature and yet I am able to acknowledge that it was not my energy. Long story short I didn't internalize any of that energy like I normally do.
krosskelt
@krosskelt
6 months ago
62 posts

@crystalsage  I've lent and lost crystals in the past.  Some have even ran away, and one packed itself months before I moved.  They kinda get to choose where they go more than we do, so don't sweat it too much.

Transmuting energy is one of our main tasks as an empath.  Some of us doing in unknowingly by working in care professions or customer service.  "This energy is not mine, and belongs to the universe." can be a good mantra sometimes.  Just let it come and redirect it back to the universe is much easier than fighting against it.  

I spent the last week dealing with the energy of San Francisco.  As I said earlier the first few days I'm so filled with the energy of the city that the negative energy doesn't affect me that much.  I was up by 6 a.m. the first 3 days chomping at the bit to get going.  After that the disparity of so many, and attitudes of others, started to get to me.  I had to take some time away.  I spent most of a day walking through Golden Gate park, and another driving down Pacific Coast Highway.  Getting in nature and the views down the 1 worked well to get me grounded again.  Also Chinatown had some awesome crystal carvings, that if I had more room in my luggage and money I would have brought some home.  Next time for sure.

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
6 months ago
200 posts
@krosskelt I am learning this about the nature of Crystals. I just lost one of my raw emerald earrings. I just thanked it for the time and loving energy it gave me. And am trying to look at it as a good omen for things to come.

I am getting better at dealing with sf. Just worked there last night. Reminded myself before I went that the energy was not mine and to not react or internalize. I have also switched the crystals I carry. I have started working more with rose quartz. A beautiful thing happened when I got to work. I only had one piece of rose quartz and was wishing for more. I can't afford to buy any right now. When I got there a coworker had bought me two lovely pieces. He didn't even know I would be there but he was carrying them just in case. When we first met he was having a rough day and was saying he wish he had brought some with him. As I had other crystals, as I usually do, I let him use my rose quartz for the day. The two pieces he bought me were a thank you. It was a hard but really good day.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
896 posts

@krosskelt:

I know exactly what you mean. I've had some of my crystals disappear overnight. Some I end up finding months later that got stuck somewhere. But one of my favorites just vanished into thin air about 9 months ago. It's interesting you've experienced the same.

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
6 months ago
200 posts
Since we are talking about Crystal's. I had a strange/ good? Thing happen. I went to the crystal shop yesterday with a friend. Normally something calls to me. A new energy that I need to add. This time it was like all the crystals were telling no. As if to say I am finished for now with this part of my journey, it's time for the next step. I've been having a similar experience with my personal crystals. I usually won't leave the house without my necklace or ring. The necklace is a combo of black kyanite and tigers eye. The ring is amethyst. I always feel like I need them for different reasons to face the day. When I realized I didn't have them I got this feeling l I'llke I would be okay.

It's funny but i actually am okay. Just give an example i am currently sitting next to a very aggressive and mean person. One whom I typically avoid because she is always trying to cause trouble for me, but I am okay. I have been shielding less and grounding more. Her energy can touch me without me feeling fear and internalizing her dissatisfaction with life.

Perhaps the crystal safe is no more. I love how life is ever changing. I am forever grateful for the healing energy that crystals have given me.

I wish the same peace for all.
Nea
Nea
@nea
5 months ago
218 posts

Hi @tigerlily In my experience, shielding can never get very efficient. It's good for short period of times, and then just visualizing is the best - sometimes combined with a stone like obsidian or amethyst (great combination). But as a long term strategy, it just doesn't work very well.
Instead I'd suggest learning an energy management skill that helps you have control over what energy you keep in your body/energy field. I use shielding on top of my other skills, but it's not very good on it's own. The bit where you feel flustered and confused, almost like you're floating is because you take on too much of other people's energy and you have no technique for 'returning' that energy. Understanding other people through empathy is great, but if you keep absorbing everything it gets harder to distinguish from who you're getting what and your own self start getting lost. Simple shielding is not going to do the trick.

Much Love

Nea

updated by @nea: 05/22/18 05:12:13PM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
896 posts

@tigerlily:

I wanted to add that protection stones are my primary shielding tool. You mentioned that yours are not doing enough and that you feel overly sensitive. What crystals or stones do you use, and do you clear & clean them regularly? And do you sleep with your crystals or stones under your pillow or near your bedside?

I also wanted to note that epsom salts are magnesium and not actual salt. They make you feel good, and relax the muscles, but I have not found any research stating that they help the spirit or empaths. However, using sea, Himalayan, or rock salts is the real deal. They are the great balancer for empaths and should be in everyone's grounding tool belt after a tough day. There is a very good reason why holy water is made up of salted water that is blessed. And it has been used to clear and bless people and physical places for a very long time. For my baths I use both rock salt and epsom salts. The rock salt relaxes the soul while the epsom salts relax the muscles and physical body.

I hope this helps. If not, I would also suggest reiki and acupuncture as a way to get yourself back in balance.

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
5 months ago
200 posts
One thing I have also noticed regarding Crystal's is that once I start to feel overwhelmed I remove them all and it is like removing the weight.
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
896 posts

@crystalsage:

Crystals are like food, some you like, some you don't. I was in a crystal store just over a year ago and picked up a hematite sphere the size of a baseball. And I immediately got vertigo and felt nauseous and the whole room was spinning. I put it down and I felt fine. I tried picking it up several times with the same effect. It was just too powerful for me. I did read that when a stone's vibration is really strong and above your own that you will often feel overwhelmed by it. In theory you would be able to handle it when you are really relaxed and at high vibration. But my take is if it doesn't feel good, it's not for you. Some of my most effective crystals and stones don't give me any physical feeling one way or another. But they work. In fact, I forgot my protection stones during a work day about a month ago and predictably had a challenging empath today. I won't make that mistake again.

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book