Social gatherings

strugglebunny
strugglebunny
@stugglebunny
8 months ago
22 posts

So I was invited to a friends baby’s first birthday.  She’s a great person, always inclusive & someone you can call on to really be there.  The thing that really gets me about her is that she has friends who dislike each other with an intensity.  It’s hard to go to these functions at times & feel all this negative, power exerting energy.  We all know women can be caddy.  I guess my point is how can I work on shielding myself from these emotions?  Do any of y’all feel these intense feelings in social settings?  There are two girls there who specifically have a lot of insecurity & there’s this power thing that happens where they will either ignore ppl to make them feel excluded because of their own internal issues or become very loud & obnoxious to turn attention to them.  Does any of this make sense?  Idk how many other people see it but it’s extremely obvious to me & uncomfortable.  I can tell myself positive things & try to get ground before I go, but I can’t shake the uncomfortability when I’m around it.  It’s exhausting. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! 

sher_ellie
sher_ellie
@sher-ellie
8 months ago
5 posts

Alright, first of all "women can be caddy"? Come on. Are we back in the dark ages? 

Anyway, that's not the point, I know. Social gatherings are the worst thing ever to me too, the bigger the gathering, the better, because feelings get blended together and you don't get like one negative feeling constantly grazing on your senses. Anyway, the thing is, the more you hang out with people, the more attuned you get to their feelings. I think you're just picking up more from them because your senses have honed in. That happens to me when someone invokes a stronger feeling, I get attuned to them because I focus on them. Yeah, empaths can dislike people too as much as they can like them, we sure aren't all Mother Teresa. That's okay, sometimes people can be a-holes. 

What I do, is get in my head a little more. Think about you, the things you like about yourself and be comfortable in your own skin. In short, try to manage indifference towards them and you're not going to pick up much. I try to hone in somebody else, which I find likable or at least I'm not picking up immediate darkness. It's better to focus your energy on something else if you can't avoid them

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
8 months ago
977 posts
Hi...I know it's difficult to be in the same room with these kind of people...I guess I'd suffer through it and cut my visit short if it gets too awful....or say something to them if they get too bad...sometimes saying something might make YOU feel better...Cause it's totally frustrating to watch...lol...there is certain energy that you can't avoid and these types of people carry it with them wherever they go....when you get home take extra care to rid yourself if that energy....or don't go at all...take your friend out for lunch or something to celebrate...and avoid it...that might be better...I don't know what else you can do...
strugglebunny
strugglebunny
@stugglebunny
8 months ago
22 posts
@sher-ellie — I meant *catty*... totally didn’t know that was a ‘dark ages’ comment ;) thanks for your advice.

@womanwhowalks - taking care of ourselves is so important & I often times forget to do so. I also forget that I have a choice & I don’t have to go. I can always get together one on one with the woman who invited me. I tend to feel like I have to suffer for some reason. I think that’s part of being a human.
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
8 months ago
977 posts

If she invites these two all the time...you might be surprised at how many OTHERS don't really want to go....lol...or not...lol....just give yourself a break....stop worrying and do what you feel is right for you...if you don't want to go...don't go...and arrange it so you're happy with the outcome....saying no to an invite is not the end of the world...and you will be ok...arranging things so you can be happy with your decisions is important...because YOU are important...lol

updated by @womanwhowalks: 03/11/18 11:49:01AM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
8 months ago
933 posts

@stugglebunny:

A couple tips that may help you. Because empaths are energy sponges you will want to wring out that energy sponge ahead of the birthday party. To do that try relaxing meditation or a salt bath. That way when you head over refreshed and ready to go.

Secondly, I used to get very anxious everywhere with crowds until I started wearing protection stones. Black tourmaline, black onyx, shungite, and malachite are my favorites. They all work in concert by blocking, or absorbing unwanted energy so that less of the energy environment is absorbed by you.

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
8 months ago
977 posts

That's right too...i just bought a besthk rainbow titanium aura crystal....it SUPPOSEDLY strengthens the aura...Im going to give it a try....the aura is our 1st defence...when something enters it it vibrates....if there's holes in the aura..which is natural since we're bombarded by all types of energy...mine's been weakend with illness and psychic attacks...So I'm trying to strengthen it so crap will just bounce off rather than get in....

updated by @womanwhowalks: 03/11/18 04:22:54PM
strugglebunny
strugglebunny
@stugglebunny
8 months ago
22 posts
Oh nice! I didn’t think of crystals at all @hop-daddy & @womanwhowalks — good stuff. I’m going to invest. I actually haven’t believed that it would work, but I should give it a try & see. I’ve been in denial about being an empath off & on. I believe if I accept it it’ll be easier as well.
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
8 months ago
977 posts

I think we all go thru that denial faze...it's normal...I thought ok...I'll try a few crystals...and say I did....lol...started with one...now I have baskets and baskets....lol...and I love em ALL...lol...I just bot the one I told u about and one other....I guess I'm not gonna stop....lol

updated by @womanwhowalks: 03/11/18 09:49:41PM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
8 months ago
933 posts

@stugglebunny:

It sounds like you are now past the empath denial stage. And you instead are seeking help and tips from the rest of us who have been where you have been before. I realize to a lot of people crystals and protection stones sound like a bunch of mumbo-jumbo. That's how I used to be years ago. But if you are looking for a solution to your anxiety that allows you to function in crowds and public places, crystals and protection stones are the way to go. But you have to open your mind to them for them to work. You have to believe in them so that you don't block it. One you do that, they are like medicine.

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
8 months ago
977 posts
For me crystals and stones have souls...they come with extraordinary energy and their own gifts...they're part of my soul and family now....I couldn't be happy without them....I don't see them as just a tool...they're family....lol...
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
8 months ago
933 posts

@womanwhowalks:

I am in 100% agreement with you. Learning about crystals and stones has been life changing for me as an empath. They are my little buddies. I always have a few of them in my pocket. And I sleep with some of my favorites to help me sleep peacefully and remove negative. I am very scientific minded. And like all things spiritual, it is hard to explain how these work, but they just do. For me, the protection stone class has been the most helpful for me. I call them my empath sunscreen. I can go out in crowds and be amongst stressed out difficult people, and my protection stones greatly limit the amount of emotional energy that I take in. For anyone who is interested, here is one of my favorite books that gives a pretty good introduction on how to use crystals to better your life:

https://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Healer-prescriptions-change-forever/dp/1904991637/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1520836381&sr=8-2&keywords=the+crystal+healer

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
8 months ago
977 posts
It started out scientific....but they speak to me and have personalities....I never thought like that until my clairaudient opened up....but they do...once you start acquiring them...it seems you gotta keep going...lol...
DesertRose
DesertRose
@desertrose
8 months ago
1 posts

Hello, I am a newcomer here.   I can so relate to social situtations being overwhelming. That type of situation in the past would often make me ill and i would have to step outside in the winter to connect with nature no matter how cold it was outside just to get away from all the energy inside.  

I still struggle with social situations and avoid them when I can but that is not just possible all the time. I have learned alot over the years about what being an empath means for me.  I think most of the ideas you guys have discussed I have tried, not necessary the individual stones but i have uses various stones in the form of jewelry or even around my neck and they did help at the time.  

if those suggestions still don't work for you , you might want to try taking your grounding meditation one step forward doing a rainbow bridge meditation, which you may already be doing. 

I am not sure of any of that help, and I know I new, but was hoping maybe some of what I said would help. 

Angela

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
8 months ago
933 posts

I hate to say it, but a beer or glass of wine always does the trick of settling me down in a tough situation. Usually I can count on my protection stones to do the trick. But if I am in a weak point going in, or if it is an especially difficult atmosphere, the energy in the room can be beyond what the stones can help with. Alcohol for me blocks my empath receptors and the anxiety goes away. I hate to recommend this. But in those "case of emergency break glass" situations, this is a method that works.

strugglebunny
strugglebunny
@stugglebunny
8 months ago
22 posts
@hop-daddy — so funny you say that. You’re 100% correct that alcohol blocks the empath receptors & poof, bye bye anxiety. I can’t drink though. The solution for me starting at 15 was alcohol & it turned me down a dark, dark road. One where alcohol is something I do not ingest at all, no matter the situation. I found out after I stopped drinking that I was empathic. I knew something was different as a child, but as I grew older alcohol became the solution that would block all emotions. I thought the emotions were just my own, come to find out they were coming from others as well. I so appreciate your crystal suggestions & I’m going to attempt to utilize this tool. I do believe in this so I hope it works :) @desertrose - so glad you brought up grounding. I tend to forget about the simple things I can do to help myself. I too connect with nature the same way you do, so a walk outside is a viable solution for me even if it doesn’t eliminate all of the anxiety. Never heard of a rainbow bridge meditation... what is that?
Nocturne's Angel
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
8 months ago
928 posts

@strugglebunny

I would recommend Elise's YouTube EFT Videos to help, as well as, Donna Eden's 5 Minute Energy Routine to assist you. 

I am also being "nudged" ask you if you have tried wearing a Tiger's Eye crystal/stone?  If not, it may help you so please consider trying it.      

Best wishes. 

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book