What is your biggest issue as an empath?

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
9 months ago
79 posts

What's the biggest difficulty you are meeting in life with respect to this trait?

I can write a lot about my own case, but was wondering what other people have to say.

updated by @sasha-supertramp: 11/17/18 07:06:40AM
GardenTiger
GardenTiger
@gardentiger
9 months ago
18 posts

Taking over bad feelings and emotions from other people, unintentionally of course. I can protect myself much better now that I know what I am, but in the past, such encounters left me completely confused and heartbroken for days, almost unable to function.

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
9 months ago
150 posts

The feeling of being watched. I feel like I'm on stage when out in pubic. I don't believe i'm being looked at anymore than anyone else, but it's hard to shake it off when someone is looking at me as I look at back at them. I can feel their curiosity, or what ever it is. If told anyone this they would say I'm being paranoid. I don't really care if people look at me after all. I get over it by not caring if I'm on stage or not, but it takes a concerted effort.

When it's a cop, or just someone scrutinizing me in some way, it makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong. I have to recognize whats happening and dismiss it. In the past that kind of judgment has made me nervous to the point where the person scrutinizing feels they must be right. I learned to notice it and act in a way that shows them they have nothing to worry about from me. The good thing about it is I can tell when a cop is checking me out. I can pick up on speed traps before I get to that radar gun. I know when I'm being followed by cops. I still don't like the feeling of having to think about the impression I give others. I end up thinking about it way to much. I just want to go about my life without worrying about what other people think.  

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
9 months ago
79 posts

GardenTiger:

Taking over bad feelings and emotions from other people, unintentionally of course. I can protect myself much better now that I know what I am, but in the past, such encounters left me completely confused and heartbroken for days, almost unable to function.

@GardenTiger thanks, similar in my case. I just was never sure what's happening, before I knew about the empath thing I thought I must be projecting a lot of crazy stuff on other people if it can throw me off balance for days. Did you have that doubt too or how do you tell it's different (if you feel like commenting on that)?

To be honest I'm sometimes still not sure which one it is (scientific mind), although numerous people have told me that my energy sensitivity is obvious (and I've verified it often enough, too).

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
9 months ago
79 posts

pinkrose:

emotions bouncing off from others, then hurting them unintentioanlly

@pinkrose That's interesting, do you mean that you get affected by others' emotions and then act them out and end up hurting others?

I was sometimes wondering if something like that is going on when someone I talk to gets triggered (loses ground/security/falls into anger) and it's as if I automatically feel like that too and then react from that trigger-state. 

It's happened so many times that I started to suspect that there is an empath component to it; on the other hand any shrink would probably tell me that I just get triggered myself and that's certainly in part true; but not sure that's 100% of it.

Because sometimes it's really just the other getting triggered and not what they say. Sometimes it's even over text chat and I sense it before I even get the response.

Is that (somewhat) similar to what you meant?

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
9 months ago
79 posts

Zacharias "]

The feeling of being watched. I feel like I'm on stage when out in pubic. I don't believe i'm being looked at anymore than anyone else, but it's hard to shake it off when someone is looking at me as I look at back at them. I can feel their curiosity, or what ever it is. If told anyone this they would say I'm being paranoid. I don't really care if people look at me after all. I get over it by not caring if I'm on stage or not, but it takes a concerted effort.

When it's a cop, or just someone scrutinizing me in some way, it makes me feel like I'm doing something wrong. I have to recognize whats happening and dismiss it. In the past that kind of judgment has made me nervous to the point where the person scrutinizing feels they must be right. I learned to notice it and act in a way that shows them they have nothing to worry about from me. The good thing about it is I can tell when a cop is checking me out. I can pick up on speed traps before I get to that radar gun. I know when I'm being followed by cops. I still don't like the feeling of having to think about the impression I give others. I end up thinking about it way to much. I just want to go about my life without worrying about what other people think.  

@Zacharias interesting, i have not experienced that at all. maybe because of my myopia, i don't actually see half the time people are looking at me (now thinking, or perhaps my eyes are weak in order not to see certain things). on the other hand, i'm queer and often in places where you get plenty of stares for that, so possibly since it's an unavoidable part of life for me (unless i emigrate) i have learnt to tune this out.

GardenTiger
GardenTiger
@gardentiger
9 months ago
18 posts

@sashaw I felt the same, I only really found out after an encounter last year that got the ball rolling for me, I was with this guy I knew back from my Teen years and after that encounter, I felt absolutely heartbroken and bad for days on end, as if I just had experienced failure of a relationship which I did not. I knew this is the exact thing that my friend was going through at the time though, so I found it very strange that I felt exactly what he felt or was supposed to feel. This is how I ended up in this forum eventually by the way lol, I learned a lot from here and everything makes much more sense now.

In general, asking yourself "is this feeling/emotion really mine?" already solves the issue to 95% for me, as I can distance myself from it then when I feel it comes from some other person. Only rarely it sticks to me over a longer time and I can't shake it for a few days, very nasty when that happens.

@zacharias that's very interesting, I have the same feeling from time to time, especially when entering a building or bar, I feel immediately as intruder and as if I was standing in the spotlight. Protecting myself before this happens has helped me a lot though.

Aiden
Aiden
@aiden
9 months ago
37 posts

Zacharias "]

WOW! Reading your post gave me chills and made me tear up. Not because I'm sad, that just tends to happen when I feel really passionate about something or if something i hear deeply resonates.

I have felt like this for a very long time but it seems to have gotten stronger since discovering I was an Empath and meditating often. I understand attraction etc but I feel like when i catch people looking at me, it's more like they are trying to figure out what or who i am. Almost like a specimen. A few weeks ago, i caught a man do a double take towards me with an expression of surprise/disbelief on his face as if he saw something out of the ordinary. I also get a lot of warm smiles from strangers which is nice. Walking into places like bars and gyms are the worst because i can see and FEEL all the eyes on me. I've always hated being in any sort of spotlight but I've learned to pretend to be oblivious and just go about whatever it is I'm doing which can be difficult but i get through it. 

I had lunch with my dad a few weeks ago and mentioned this to him as well and that I sometimes feel like i am being watched/followed. The feeling of being followed has become extremely apparent in the last few months but I'm trying not to become paranoid about it and hoping that it just may be my guides or another explanation. I'm also wondering if as Empaths, we just radiate on a different frequency than others and they can feel or even see it when they look at us.

updated by @aiden: 03/07/18 09:07:29AM
Aiden
Aiden
@aiden
9 months ago
37 posts

I got distracted in my previous post and realized i didn't completely answer the question. I would say my biggest struggle as an Empath at the moment is accepting that working for others and the 9-5 life just isn't for me. Being someone who sees and feels everything is difficult when the work environment isn't reflective of who you are as a person. On top of that, everyone including owners and managers want to vent to me about one another which is never fun. Being super aware of everything also puts me in a position where I catch and have to point out others mistakes which I get a lot of eye rolling for.

It's honestly so difficult for me to imagine holding a "traditional" job for the rest of my life despite all my schooling and previous work experience. I have been making the transition into being self employed in hopes that it takes off and i can finally just be my own boss. 

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
9 months ago
79 posts

@aiden thanks a lot for sharing. i've actually got the same issue, although until recently i didn't realise it's connected to being an empath (or that that's the name for it). i've got a lot of education including in disciplines in which i could get a highly regarded job, but i've never even attempted that because -- it was never quite clear to me, but because working in an office with people around made me sick even at uni. and doing anything when i feel it doesn't have a purpose / is soul-dead makes me sick too (as in, depressed, or i get "random" headaches that stop me from working etc.).

that basically took me out of any sort of career path and made me a hippie trying to live on nothing and working as little as possible in settings that only involve selected, super-friendly and empathic people, or no people at all (working from home). now after i've sorted that this is related to being an empath (perhaps other things, too, but this is one) i'm actually trying to do exactly what you're doing, namely finding a way to be self-employed (well, technically I am but not earning a sustainable income with it yet). 

anyways, i wish you good developments on your path in that regard!

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
9 months ago
150 posts

@aiden- I'm with you on not wanting a 9-5 job. I've had to learn many skills in order to keep from having to get a "real job". Having your own business is a lot more work. You have to wear many hats, so to speak, and solve problems on the fly. I pray that you do get out on your own and succeed at doing what even it is you like to do. We need that freedom to thrive in this world. Society wants us to conform to their way of doing things. Our goal should be to get them to want to conform to ours. 

I did have a real job a year or so ago. It was a competition for rank. I saw it differently. I thought we should all work together for the good of the company. I was the only one that felt this way. The back biting got worse and I had to leave. Strangely enough my old boss and I are good friends, and he fired most of the people I worked with at the time. I still work for him occasionally on a contract basis. I know he would love to have me back, but I make more money on my own. 

It's do-able, Aiden. It takes motivation and self discipline. It sounds like you have both.   

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
9 months ago
79 posts

@aiden and @zacharias Zacharias, congrats for getting that done. i'm on that way too now, actually it's not my first attempt and as you say it's like having to wear so many other "hats" apart from just being good at my subject area. oufff!

also interesting that the "they're looking at me" thing seems to be so common and i really don't feel like i'm having it. on the other hand, i do feel specific "presences" since childhood, and in that sense i never feel alone, but those are usually positive (unless my state of mind is really crappy, then i attract some negative ones, too). but i think what you feel is different from that. 

on the other hand, that's maybe a banal point, but i remember years ago when i changed my dressing style (stopped trying to look straight, basically) and i was very self-conscious. and i think at that time people were looking me up and down. however, years later i'm really not self-conscious in that regard anymore and even though i wear the same or even more unconventional clothes, i don't feel the looks or if i do, they get under my skin less. so in a sense i think people were picking up on me secretly thinking i'm strange and when i stopped thinking that, it reduced a bit despite the objective fact that i can look unusual. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
933 posts

@zacharias:

I share that same challenge that you do. If I walk into a public place it's as if I'm walking on a stage. I not only feel like all eyes on me, but often I can see all eyes on me (or at least a lot of eyes on me). For a while there I thought maybe I looked like a celebrity that I wasn't aware of due to all of the attention. But now I know it's an empath thing. Some people, not all, are entranced by empaths. You can see it in their eyes when I walk in. It's like a spiritual switch gets flipped and those people can't take their eyes off of me for a few minutes. And quite often when out to dinner or at a store people will track me from across the room and come over just to tell me their life story. It can be draining because they are doing the energy exchange thing where they talk and feel better while I absorb their pain and take it away. It's a little unsettling since sometimes I feel stalked as I try to go about my private life.

But I will say the hardest thing I deal with as an empath is managing the energy I pick up from others and what it does to my body. I get really tired most days and get sick fairly often from being run down. By the weekend I just want quiet time at home to read and relax in silence.

@sashaw, thanks for this post. I love the fresh topic.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
933 posts

I also wanted to add as a 1a that I struggle with paranormal run-ins and spirit energy. I have clairaudient abilities and as I walk around my house things will thump or bang around trying to get my attention. It often startles me. Or I'll hear voices when I enter a dark room. Considering that my home is where I go to quiet my mind and decompress from the world, I often get caught off guard by spirits trying to get my attention through sound or touch. I also often pick up on spirit emotional energy at home. And I would rather not have to deal with that in my spare time. The frustrating part is that when I have an especially bad empath day, the spirit activity goes through the roof at my home. It's like they want to kick me when I'm down. But I'm convinced there is something to that. When my defenses are down I must leak energy that the spirits like. It happens every time like clockwork.

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
9 months ago
79 posts

@hop-daddy ... concerning spirit energies and such ... i don't hear them (ok, maybe once i heard a voice) but i tend to "sense presences", i.e. i'd feel as if someone or something with a specific energy is present e.g. in the room, or -- what's worse -- sometimes i'd feel that in my body (like my mind is a bit clouded and i'm becoming someone else, slightly). this is creepy and it used to scare me to death when i was a teen, until i started to just face and then ignore it and lost the fear.

but it's just like with you, it essentially happens when i'm run down. on the other hand, when i feel great, sometimes i get these "visitors" too, but they will be positive energies (points or spheres of light, sometimes can develop into detailed visions, and usually accompanied by crazy, intense energy flow transformations in the body). 

this dependence on my state is what led me to believe over time that it's projections of my own mind, as the bardo thodol ("tibetan book of the dead", describing the journey you take between lives ;-) calls them; on the other hand, i'm not sure -- it still feels fairly external. so perhaps it's that my "empath radio" gets tuned to specific frequency bands, so to speak, depending on my psychophysical state. i know for me that's definitely a huge thing, that's why i felt self-care (nutrition, rest, a good daily rhythm) and self-love (cheesy but essentially, working a lot on having an authentic positive attitude towards myself) helped me more than any "spiritual technique" i'd say. 

well, and simple "mindfulness", i.e. over time being able to just watch even the dark, scary stuff with just a very gentle, observant, slow and neutral mind (1000 x easier said than done of course) and tune back to myself or to one of the positive energies.

it's a good question tho, my scientist mind is wondering about the mechanism behind all this.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
933 posts

@sashaw:

It sounds like you may have connected with angels. If so, good for you. I wish I had more run-ins of the angelic nature. I have seen a white orb coming out of my TV on a few nights that I feel was angelic. And I've had a few really interesting angelic interventions that saved my life. But I've never seen one face to face that I am aware of. So most of what I deal with are the lower energy realm stuff of earth bound spirits. And they all have their baggage (depression, guilt, anger etc...). And that's what I pick up on. I have learned how to manage it, but have not been able to block it. That's the next skill I need to learn.

My apologies to those that have heard this story before. But it was a life changing event for me that I like to share with others that have not heard it before. But speaking of spirits I had what I think was a spirit attachment for 2 years that really sunk me like a stone. I was too depressed and exhausted to work most days (I was a ghost of myself). I was agitated all of the time and my relationships were a mess. I was the opposite of my normal personality. I felt heavy and oppressed like someone was holding me down and keeping me from being myself. I did a lot of research, praying, and self-work and got the spirit to release me. It was kind of a magical moment when I beat it because I was really grounded that day and said some prayers of protection that really felt powerful to me. And right then a portable fan that was plugged in behind me levitated up in the air and was thrown over my shoulder across the room into a wall. The fan broke into about 50 pieces. It was a pretty violent spirit temper tantrum. My belief was that it gave me a “screw you” as I disconnected it from me. And after that I felt instantly better. Since then I have put a high value in keeping protection stones on me at all times to keep that from happening again. But right before the spirit attachment started I was going through some really bad luck personally and financially. And I think my feeling so depressed about my own stuff really allowed something to attach. There is definitely something to these spirits being attracted to us when we are down.

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
9 months ago
79 posts

@hop-daddy thanks for re-telling, that's super interesting. i think i do experience things that would count as spirit-realm, but not involving objects moving or levitating -- sounds pretty hardcore. for me it's all still somehow within my body/perception so that's why i tended to try to interpret it with psychology for so many years. cause no flying fans and such. 

well frankly, kind of thankful for that. 

i was listening to a podcast at a point that said that seeing ... well, balls of light pretty much has something to do with angels. i never believed in angels, i thought that this idea of people with white wings and orbs is kind of bizarre. but at the same time i always kept wondering what these presences are.

once after visiting someone i see rarely i saw a black one (first time in my life) which essentially told me that this person is going to die within a short time span; the person in fact did about three weeks later (was sick, but optimistic and not expecting to die). that freaked me out for a long time; it's also then that i asked a friend who dabbles in energy healing what that dark presence was, and she claimed it was the angel of death. so i dunno. maybe that's what it is. it wasn't an evil presence though, just maybe ... grieving. 

anyways, i didn't mean to talk about that ... just cause you mentioned angels. i actually wanted to ask -- sort of off-topic but curious -- if you think that feeling i get sometimes, as if there's a faint shadow covering my face and mind, say, or there is something moving in my body/energy field that's not quite me, would be some spirit phenomenon that i don't know the name of? since a friend told me it's likely some kind of "entity" or attachment, i've actually been working on separating myself from it; but again i can't decide cause it doesn't feel clearly evil (nor good). there are some that just come and go, one that i got rid of apparently permanently, but one that seems to stick and to be old. 

also concerning what you call angels -- i used to see only those until teenage. meaning, only light / warmth / loving presences. in my teens i started having huge emotional troubles (probably not necessary to give details) and then i started seeing the dark ones and getting freaked out by them. so again, for me that confirms that our state of mind and emotions matters really a lot. i guess dealing with all that onslaught in my teens without going completely crazy was sort of my "initiation journey". 

ok i got really off-topic now and anyways maybe preferable to discuss that in a private conversation. 

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
9 months ago
79 posts

@hop-daddy ... ya just another thing i've noticed, that i should perhaps put in a separate thread; but over time, dealing with the dark stuff, at a point i developed a technique to communicate with them in such a way that at some point i sort of "see their pain", i notice their inner layer of suffering and ... emptiness, in a way ... like, they are a bit empty inside ... and then, some times they either dissipate or transform into light or a positive presence (that guards me or even gives me an offering). i haven't been able to figure out what that is ... again, didn't talk to people about it. any clue?

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
9 months ago
79 posts

Hop Daddy:

@sashaw:

So most of what I deal with are the lower energy realm stuff of earth bound spirits. And they all have their baggage (depression, guilt, anger etc...). And that's what I pick up on. I have learned how to manage it, but have not been able to block it. That's the next skill I need to learn.

maybe that's a name for the dark stuff i saw then. could talk more about it; i wouldn't say that i "block" it, but (over many years and after many years of being totally freaked out) i kind of gradually "developed out of it" through negotiation and inner shifts, perhaps (tho traces are still there, as said). or perhaps some grace just saved me for now, who knows. if we're talking about the same thing and you ever want to discuss.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
933 posts

@sashaw:

I think you are to something. My son who is also an empath saw a white glowing ball of light travelling down the hallway outside his bedroom that had a warm light to it. He was scared and didn't know what it was. But when I last saw a white orb it was mysterious but yet comforting.

What I have learned from others is that the majority of spirits present as colorless or black. So I think we can't assume that they are all bad if black. I have also not ever heard of a legit angel of death. I think that is folk lore. Although when people are sick their auras show black sections to those that can see that. And it is quite common for people dying to be surrounded by spirits of their deceased loved ones who are there waiting for them. I wonder if that was what the black orb was that you saw? Either way, that would be creepy to see that days before someone dies.

I think the lesson that I have learned as an empath is to really work hard to ground and manage my mood so that I keep positive with a high vibration. I don't like feeling yucky and low vibration. And I don't like feeling low and weak to the point where spirits take advantage of that.

As for your comment about something entering your energy field that makes you feel out of it, that is what it feels like. You feel like something else crawled in your head. And you start to feel like your willpower is weakened and something has taken over part of your thoughts and motivations. Take a look at this story where this medium had an angry ghost take control of her. Her description of what her mind felt like is similar to what I experienced:

https://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2010/10/paranormal-investigation-of-the-amargosa-hotel/

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
933 posts

@sashaw:

To your last comment, with the living I do "see their pain". Within a few seconds of making eye contact with a person I get a pretty good sense of what is troubling them in their life. Sometimes I pick up on their physical ailments without them speaking a word. But with spirits I really just sense the mood change in the room that they project. I don't interact at this point.

What I believe you are doing is empathic healing. Most experienced empaths heal the living by taking away that emptiness and pain in an energy exchange that leaves the person happier and lighter. But if you can do that with the dead, then you're going to be one popular person. Wink  You'll be the type of person that can do spiritual cleaning of homes and help the spirits release their heavy feelings and pass on. That's an awesome talent by the way.

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
9 months ago
79 posts

pinkrose:

cant remember which thread I saw the posts on but yeah sometimes I go into a state where I feel like I'm peeping through the eyes of someone else, that's just sometimes a low frequency spirit energy that might be around, though we cant feel its presence, we are looking through its own eyes.. pretty creepy but Its happened a lot.. and we sometimes have spirits that are attached with us for whatever reason and if not careful they can add fuel to fire

@pinkrose ya, that sounds like what i mean. does that happen for you with people, too? for me it did a few times, especially as a kid ... like literally, almost physically peeping through another person's eyes, mostly if i have played with them for a long time non-stop or looked them in the eye too much ... just curious?

sasha.w
sasha.w
@sasha-supertramp
9 months ago
79 posts

Hop Daddy:

You feel like something else crawled in your head. And you start to feel like your willpower is weakened and something has taken over part of your thoughts and motivations. 

@hop-daddy thanks for all the comments. the above nails it, although it's quite subtle in my case (like a faint shadow overlay), i don't think i've noticed it before i started doing a lot of energy work on myself. so you people call that something like a spirit possession ... brilliant, i'll tell my friends (joke) ... i've glanced briefly at the medium story you pasted but it looks creepy and i'm afraid if i read too much about that, i'll start seeing more of it, too, so i'll abstain for now. i might research this though when i feel in a very good/strong place to do that. 

i've interacted with both types of spirits or whatever that is since childhood (the friendly and the creepy). it wasn't deliberate there just seemed to be an automatic "telepathic"/empathic connection (no use of words usually).

concerning what you call "empathic healing", i can apparently do that for spirits (sometimes) -- well had to learn to do something to get rid of them, but i've actually never (deliberately) tried it on people. at least not consciously. tho when i do bodywork or energy work, i frequently do sense black stuff coming out / off the body and sometimes emotions and pains briefly go through me very briefly / quickly (i throw them "out" or something, not sure what i'm doing but it doesn't usually stick to me) but that feels really different from the spirit thing. hm. ok i should definitely continue this in another thread as it has nothing to do with the original topic by now.  

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
9 months ago
446 posts
Alot! Where to begin? Sometimes I feel like a hot mess. I live in a big city of about 9mil.

-I agree with others in the sense of being in the spotlight. I cant. All that would make me trip on stage or stumble my words in presentations(which I have)
-Taking on their energy in any form. Your happy I get happy, your sad I feel sad, if you are disorganized mess, I start to pick up on it myself. Days I'm super happy, those are the days people are in a bad mood and I go home exhausted.
-Exhausted daily
-To much energy, I feel like I'm rumbling inside ready to pop. In this case I may have an emotional outburst to someone and just start crying.
-Large crowds? The anxiety fills to dread like being onstage.
-I attract all kinds of crazy and depressed people, or someone going through a very difficult time in their life. And when I've helped, I'm pushed aside for good. When I don't help, then I'm a bad person.
-Do I dare go into how this is in corporate america? Narcs seem to lurking around every corner. Boundaries are consistently violated.
-Traffic? I get road rage out of nowhere. Why? I'm in no rush to get to my destination.
-Days I'm really happy from an energy healing or being in nature, totally cleansed. Those are the days where everyone around come with their bad energy.
-when I've left the city for an out door adventure, and I start driving back I can start feeling the energy that I just cleared.
-If I'm quiet and to myself, people ask where you been or people at work start questioning and then I'm in an office with my boss. What???
-Physically what I feel? I feel I get distorted vision, anxiety, shakes, bad gut feelings, headaches. When I escape what is is causing that. Like any of the above, I start feeling better.
Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
9 months ago
150 posts

@gardentiger- Yes, I hate going into bars the most. If I would be more aware and shield myself before entering, I think it would be easier. I went to a bar on Sunday because a family was having a fund raiser to pay the medical bills of their daughter with cancer. It was a good cause so it was worth it. These people are crazy. I could write an essay describing the vibe in this place. I couldn't wait to get out of there. 

@hop-daddy- The amount of spiritual activity in your home seems to me to be abnormal. I wonder why that is. I do have to deal with people leaving their energy behind after they visit. I end up doing a detail cleaning of the room they were in. I like a having a "clean" house. Because of this I don't let people come over anymore. I've been through a neighborhoods like yours were I'm constantly on guard and can't relax. I have more to worry about from live people than dead ones.

I also have 15 cats. The more the better. Cats help me clear the energy from myself as well. They seem to enjoy it. I have salt lamps and crystals everywhere. I just wouldn't want to live in a house with spirits coming and going at will. I also live more out in the country. My den is covered in wood that I oil occasionally. It's the best room in the house to take a nap. I know I do these things instinctively because it makes me feel secure. When I leave is when I get attacked by those entities that want to change my mood to something negative. I don't know what they are, but in minds eye they are dark balls that grow if I allow myself to get impatient, or angry. They seem to feed on my negative emotions. The two places I feel safe from them is church and my den. My wife is attacked constantly. I hate to say it, but I don't like sleeping in the same bed with her. She's a narc so...

@sashaw- self-love is the greatest thing you can do for others. Korny or not, it's vital to our inner being. Jesus said "Love your neighbor AS you do yourself." Not more, not less. You are worthy of love and a great asset to the world. Thank you for letting get to know you.

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
9 months ago
150 posts

One hundred!

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
933 posts

@zacharias:

You and I have discussed my spirit situation before. There is something to my neighborhood. We seem to get ghosts passing through. Some stay for a while and then go elsewhere. But there are constant rotating visitations. Part of this is due to myself and two kids being empaths. We collectively attract some of that. But my house was built on a vacant lot where nothing was there before. I think there were native americans who lived in my area many centuries ago. Although there is no evidence that our area was a burial ground. And I don't know if vortex is the right word here. But it seems as if we are a spirit subway station stop sometimes. We get ghosts from many different times. My daughter sees them clearly and quite often she describes the ghosts as being dressed from the late 1800s-early 1900s.

The majority of the ghosts don't bother us. They'll make a little noise trying to get my attention. But them mostly just road around and move on. But when one of us is having a bad empath day that's when the activity picks up and I start to feel the spirit emotions. Between using salt bowls and protection stones I mostly have been able to create a space where they don't bother me or my kids.

I'm curious how you stay married to a narc wife? That  must be challenging. And I'm guessing she probably doesn't "get you" as far as empathy goes. 

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
9 months ago
200 posts
I hide my gifts from my family. They are very conservative. They don't even agree with meditation. I could never tell them how I feel about crystals. They kinda know I'm into something "different." One day my mom came to me and said i dont have to tell everyone everything, not even her. That was her way of saying to keep my mouth shut. If they knew my truth they would think I was crazy and the devil. Lol. But it bothers me less every day. If I had to chose, I chose me. I loove me.
Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
9 months ago
150 posts

@crystalsage- This has been a major difficulty for me most of my life. Not being able to talk honestly about my experience. When I was 6 my mother married a conservative-Christian-narc-disciplinarian. I grew up in church and everything that wasn't churchy was of the devil. So everything I did had to be hidden. I saved my lunch money to buy tapes because music was such a big part of me holding on to my sanity. They took those and my playing cards and would go though my room occasionally to take my stuff and just generally made my life hell. I hated them, I hated the church(all western religion), and stopped talking to the family for many years. 

I have a great relationship with my parents today. I go to a baptist church and most of my friends are conservative Christians. You may wonder why. It's simple, I forgive them for being stupid. To me Jesus was the ultimate empath, and the bible is an energy manual. My relationship with the Holy Spirit has proven to me that being an empath is my natural state of being. 

I would never tell most of my friends that i'm an empath and that they should accept everything I say. I don't have too. I have no need to explain. There is one deacon in the church that understands a little. I did explain to him my experience because I need his help to navigate this church thing. He knows me well enough to accept me and has seen some pretty major spiritual things happen. He meditates because the bible says too. He's open minded because God works in mysterious ways. I talk to him in his language. I'm very careful in how I explain things, but from time to time I blurt out something that throws him off. He's still confused yet knows the things I do are what God is doing through me. I'll always be the crazy weird guy in church. I don't care, they love me! They think i'm a superstar! If they knew the truth they would reject me. Once again, I don't care. They limit their understanding. I know that one day they will understand cause their spirit selves already do. They're in church cause they need help, not because they are so spiritual, but because they want to be. They are trying to become empathic. I've had to speak to the church(not preach) four times now. I always sneak in something about empathy.  

I still hate religious doctrine, but I understand the need for it. I'm very conservative in the true sense of the word. Not the limiting definition society has re-created. I think I can say this without getting political. Conservatism is a respect of all things and all people. The root word is "serve". As an empath I serve them. I respect them and have to love them where they are at. You were given an understanding that you can feel, they haven't. Know that you don't have to be understood by friends or family. God understands. 

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
9 months ago
150 posts

@hop-daddy- I'm thinking about starting a thread on my 25 year relationship with a narc. Or maybe write a book. One thing I'll say now is that she knows I'm an emapth. She knows her daughter is an empath. She wants to be an empath. She understands what that means yet she can't get her mind around the fact that she's a narc. She's just co-dependent. That mask never comes off.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
933 posts

@zacharias:

That's very fascinating. And somehow you have figured out how to co-exist? It's interesting how often there is a narc and an empath in the same family. But usually it's a parent or sibling that is a narc. I always wonder what the karmic point of that is? Are we empaths supposed to try to pull back narcs from their selfish ways and help them lead more normal lives? It's a head scratcher.

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
9 months ago
150 posts

Those are great questions. You already know the answer. Narcs help us as well. 

crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
9 months ago
200 posts
@zacharias I don't think it is strange that you got back into church. I am sorry you had to go through what you did as a child but happy to hear you stayed true to yourself. I agree with you about Jesus. In fact he is one of the main reasons I am content on protecting myself from the world. They found out what he could do and he suffered for. I love the world. But because of the way I grew up I made a promise to myself to always chose me. I help where I can but I am very discrete about it. In fact I tend to pass myself of as the crazy lady so that I can have my peace.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
9 months ago
200 posts
@Zechariah @Aiden regarding the feeling of being watched, I get that too. I don't think it is always literal. I think it's their spirits. Sometimes I'll feel like I am being watched and when I look up no one is looking at me. If you have seen the movie inception there is a scene that describes it perfectly for me. They have entered into a person's mind, and when they change too much the person's mind begins to attack. In a universal sense it feels like at times I am an intruder to the "normal" world. My vibration is so different, so much higher than most that I attract sometimes unwanted attention often. I do the same thing in ensuring others that I am no threat. Or I act completely oblivious to what I am feeling and I t usually deters the unwanted attention. If there is too much energy contrary to my own in a room, I simply leave. I'm over trying to change or convince people that it is okay for me to exist as well. I have also become a fan of a combo of jet and black tourmaline. This combo significantly dulls my empathic abilities while also allowing me to focus in on and pick up what I want to pick up.
Mike Simpson-Rogers
Mike Simpson-Rogers
@mike-simpson-rogers
8 months ago
12 posts

There is one issue that I deal with daily. A constant bombardment of negative energy.  A lot of anger, depression, jealousy. I just cleansed the house, and it felt wonderful.  Havent slept that good in months. I'e Been having my mother send me a lot of help. Heck, I won' even have anyone stay here while they visit. 

I am creating a pyramid structure in the home with a blessing as my intentions charge it.  That I know will be an immense help to us.  I carved a sancturary in our room, so I have a place that is calm and peaceful.  

I do what I can to help the one person.  My father-in-law passed in 2014.  Letting it go is part of the process.  Some can' and it can be for a negative experience.  We have woke up to Cupboards and drawers open in morning in kitchen when we make tea and coffee.  Glasses sliding out of the cupboard and shattering on floor. Sometimes your feel as if someone is chasing U down the hall.  I finally learned how protect myself with Black Tormaline Crystal pendant. Have had a dramatic ffect for me.  I have Pine tar water, but that may not work on this.  I feel it' a battle of energies.  

When I leave home for a while. My favorite place is a place in the mountains by me.  It feels so wonderful, and all my crystals are just eminating their energy strongly. Now that I am doing well with crystals.  I am staring to learn about frequencies with crystals.  That from my first few times was so puzzling, and interesting at the same time. I work slowly because I like everyone is to take your time.  Never just rush into things.  I do that once in a while, and correct quickly.  

MY life is on a path that feels good and uplift at times.  I have one other issue that I' dealing with.  That is another reason  I can come back. God Bless, Be kind, Be Safe......

igor
igor
@neverquitter
8 months ago
19 posts

Man... we as empaths are very powerfull sources of energy for any spirit.. we are naturally creative and problem solvers..when we tune it right, nothing cant stop us...thats why when we tune it wrong be super aware, cause something will want to take advantage

Holly5757
Holly5757
@holly5757
8 months ago
9 posts

My biggest issue as an empath is being able to sense others feelings. I get some flashes of their thoughts from time to time also. Not enough of a flash that I could pinpoint anything though.( not sure if anyone else experiences this) It has recently been a not so good trait to have in my marriage. ( or maybe it is good?? ) I have been able to pick up on things that my husband has denied but I can just feel these feelings of his. I haven't admitted that to him. He already thinks I am crazy enough. Sometimes I wish I didn't feel every daggone thing so deeply. It has caused some pretty nasty health issues for me. :(

Dice
Dice
@dice
6 months ago
285 posts

crystalsage "] I hide my gifts from my family. They are very conservative. They don't even agree with meditation. I could never tell them how I feel about crystals. They kinda know I'm into something "different." One day my mom came to me and said i dont have to tell everyone everything, not even her. That was her way of saying to keep my mouth shut. If they knew my truth they would think I was crazy and the devil. Lol. But it bothers me less every day. If I had to chose, I chose me. I loove me.

Same for me. 

Curious Child
Curious Child
@curious-child
6 months ago
80 posts

For me it is family. And also friends, which I have none.

I am hiding myself from family. Completely cold with them, because like one of forum members said -its my way to cope and in 30 years it became natural. After I became aware -I tried to explain to them many times how I work. I was not saying that I am empath. Just that I am HSP and Introvert. But gave up, because they don't even want to hear about introverts. My mother asks for explanations for my behaviors, but seems like she does not hear them and I am tired explain same things over and over again, reasons. And my dad just gives me sarcastic laughs and "facepalms".

With friends. Some of them I removed from my life, because they are in my life only when I feel good and they feel bad. And others just could not understand reasons of my behaviors and over time disappeared. No luck making new friends.

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
6 months ago
1,352 posts

For me the hardest thing by far is that I no longer feel I can trust anyone at all. I am so tired of people looking me right in the eyes and lying to me, or telling me ridiculous excuses for things and expecting me to believe it, even people who know I am an empath and can read people. I can pick up that none of them believe I can actually read them, but unfortunately for me, I really can. I keep my mouth shut, almost never confront anyone, and cry alone, disappointed yet again, and knowing I can't trust that person.

The one time someone told me a bald faced lie and I looked her in the eye and told her exactly what she was really thinking, word for word, as I picked it up from reading her, her eyes got huge and she turned around and ran away from me in terror as fast as she could. She was very afraid of me and has never spoken to me again. In her case, I am very happy about that outcome, but in most cases, I do not want to get rid of the person. I am just sad, and don't understand why everyone lies so much, even when they don't have to, especially people who claim to believe in an afterlife. Just about every medium says that over there you cannot hide anything; everyone sees all you've ever said or done in all your lives! So, why not start being honest now? 

@Curious Child  - I could have written your last paragraph. Besides dumping a few people who abused me, I have also been dumped by people because I want to talk about ideas and concepts and important subjects, not just small talk, rather than run around doing mindless things all the time. I've also been phased out by people just for for disagreeing with someone once too often, no matter how much I bend over backwards to be tactful, or for wanting to do what I like just once in awhile, instead of always doing what they want to do.

It seems it is no longer allowed to let on that you know more about any subject than anyone else or that you are not an exact clone of them, lol. If you don't let someone keep their ignorance, you are making them feel bad, no matter how nice you are about it. I am not making anyone ignorant. A closed, locked, rusted-shut mind is their own choice. I have been used and hurt so much that I am now done trying. If you are young, I pray you can find a way to come to grips with this better than I have and live the good life you deserve. 

C. Cat

Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
6 months ago
1,352 posts

@spiritualskies,

I think I know what you mean, and I tend in those cases to try to see signs of the goodness others may not see by looking deeper. If I pick up good things, I turn to the group, and often pick up general feelings of fear of the unknown from them. People who are different scare some people, the kind of people who need a narrowly defined, solid reality to feel safe, and IME, they are in the majority.  That sort of person always hangs out in a group if they can, again to feel safe, though they are almost always unaware of why they do it. Bottom line: Conformists with little empathy are most likely to wrongly condemn someone.

The problem is the opposite of yours for me, if I understand what you are saying. I often pick up the opposite of what other people see, since they believe what they see on the surface. I don't know what to do with what I pick up. Let us say I am with 3 people, and we see someone coming. The others just befriended her and tell me she is very nice. I see her aura is full of swirling brown clouds. When I meet her, I feel intense jittery nervousness, and pick up that it's due to covering her lies and the phony act she puts on in public. If I tell those people, they will hate me for it, for many reasons. If I don't tell what I see, they will almost surely be hurt by her in the future. I used to tell. Now I've learned to shut up. It's not my business to save people, though that is very hard to swallow....why have the ability then? It occurs to me maybe this is not empathy but psychic ability, but I don't think it matters what it's called....

It's still being the odd man out and seeing the same situation entirely differently than everyone else there. I hope I got that right. I wish I had a solution for you. 

Curious Child
Curious Child
@curious-child
6 months ago
80 posts

@cheshire-cat

Yes. That is exactly same story here. Especially when you try to help people see things with more wide angle. Very commonly during that I just sense that people realize, that there is a lot things they are not considering, yet don't want to take it and they try to act like they are higher in "food chain" than you. Start to show like they have some dominating position over me, in other words try to put me down.

Thank you for your concern, but I am good with this issue. When people act arrogant -I learned from teenage to turn on "whatever" state. I only take more time and patience with people that are dear to me and those who ask for my view on things from the side.

@spiritualskies , @cheshire-cat

In situations like this I personally still give doubt to my senses. And actually feel deep interest to people that give me odd feelings, talk to them more to find confirmation or reassurance. Its mostly clumsy conversation, but all that is needed is them to talk. Rarely, but there is actually wrong reading my senses give after first seeing certain people. No matter how well someone reads people -only time gives right to put a seal on someone. I think this is exactly why its better to be silent and observe at first and open mouth later if there is truly need.

igor
igor
@neverquitter
6 months ago
19 posts

This is simply the best topic! 

Being almost thirty now...i can relate most to the people around me, and trying to understand or follow my instincts around them. It took me a long time to learn how to control my mouth..as sometimes i could use empathy to get to know people fast and then i'd just would go talking with them about my point of view and how i believe things are and the way it should be done..

And i guess for us empath we see thing in a energy level more than hierarchy, dogmas etc etc..So people can feel guilty for it, telling the truth so direct like this can make them mad, and they may get angry with you, they will see you as their enemies, or at least a threat. Cause they know ,you are one step ahead, but normally as a empath you are not understood so clearly by most people, so it is easy to use this against you, and try to put you on a tag, a mask, a joke, etc and etc.. 

After many fights, and other disorders, physically mentally. I see that you cannot save everyone and try to hug and care for all, they will attack just for the feeling of it and feel good about it. Coming to understand it was really hard. Cause i lost friends, i lost lovers, some family relationship has really stopped from developing and i came to understand i am alone in taking care of my health, and nobody will understand it fully how i see the world. But i guess thats growing up for us empath. 

Life has gained a deeper and broader meaning for me as well. 

Feeling like being watched is another major issue as well, especially as a kid, and feeling like being a weirdo, i could never fit into a playboy, a hippie, a nerd or narcissist. So i felt lost most of the time as well..asking myself nonstop, trying to make sense. It has eased much now becoming older, as long as i dont separate people between groups, i hope they try to accept me the way i am, and this is the kind of people i want to have around me at least to have a conversation with. 

I did get blamed for many stuff i never did or never thought about, and would just laugh about it, cause for me was like

"how can they be so sure about life to the point of attacking someone? i wish life was this simple in my mind" (which i dont) lol

But that's it, they will start to burn the witch and then asking later if that was a witch...and in my mind i d be asking "what is a witchcraft?" why should it be forbidden? and etc... (just a metaphor)

Good to share it here..cause it gets heavy 

updated by @neverquitter: 06/04/18 04:30:40PM
Kate T
Kate T
@kate
6 months ago
151 posts

Feeling weird or drained after talking with certain people or after certain social situations. I will need time to recharge and ponder over what happened/reflect, sometimes I can't even eat or so, I have to go straight to sleep. 

Always been hard for me to keep/remain collected and grounded, yet at the same time able to pick up the good stuff "from the air" or surroundings. 

Having to put extra time and care into who I keep as friends, where I go, what I pursue or do as my job, what i eat, how much I sleep, into what and how I think, and so on. Things can materialise for me pretty quickly, or if I'm not careful and get low, it can get pretty bad, like @hop-daddy explained. To deal with these I had to come to absolutely be certain of MY OWN way, and have belief in the way life works in general and my intuition, for they caused the least harm to myself ^^. Basically center my own energy around myself and make doubts go away. Realising that the weirdest, stray-est thoughts can have the biggest meaning. What's more, I had to NOTICE this in someone else, to learn how to do it myself, or rather to crystallise it. Otherwise just knowing what you want theoretically without searching or seeing does not have the same power. 

updated by @kate: 06/05/18 01:27:35PM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
933 posts

@hermes, welcome back. I've missed you!

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
5 months ago
150 posts

@hermes- Thank you! That in an excellent way to explain this interaction between narc and empath. There is a purpose to it. I've had so many relationships with narcs that it seems like half world is this way. When I'm told it's only one out of 100 people are narcs it's hard to believe. There is such a wide range of narc personalities that it could easily include 5% of the population, if not 20%. We have to bring them up too, not just those we want to be around. Learning to transmute that energy took many years of suffering through it to figure out, but I didn't really figure it out on my own. It was when I realized Jesus was an empath and must have been in absolute full control of his abilities. It was what I wanted so I follow his example. Forgiveness transmutes negative energy.

Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
5 months ago
150 posts

@spiritualskies- It's hard to find. Many Christian sites on empaths misconstrue what we are doing and the nature of our gifts. Rev. Steve Wilson and his wife wrote 'The Reluctant Empath'. So their perceptive is much more in line with ours. They see the Bible as an energy manual. 

Elijah House -Its more of a Christian therapy center, now days, but it was started by an empathic couple to work with empaths. They call us Burden BearersTheir children are running it now. 

Soothsayer4
Soothsayer4
@soothsayer4
5 months ago
50 posts

Humbly I would think Jesus as a true Empath.  He clearly knew the thoughts and feelings of others - adding clairvoyant to the mix as well.  Telepath and telekinesis, he probably would have many labels attached to Him. Basically, His pure spirit resonated beyond Him and He knew when others even touched His garment, stating that "virtue" had been taken from Him.  Do we know as Empaths when we have a an energy drain from a moth that seeks our lighted aura?   Do we Empaths know when a hitchhiker latches on to the energy we inadvertently - or purposely - emanate  from our being for the sake of conscious or unconscious discovery around us, however far? Maybe that's what He meant when we void ourselves of negative attachments that more may come in their place without the Holy Spirit to fill us.  Then maybe it is a power of the Spirit that allows us to see.. to feel.. to sense what the duller human cannot.

updated by @soothsayer4: 06/28/18 07:20:09PM
LoconnorO
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
3 weeks ago
165 posts

Wow, this was a powerful thread, I love the question. I want to answer my experiences.

So first, I want to say I can relate to you, @sasha-supertramp. I'm queer as well, although I experience the "everyone looking at you" thing others were talking about, or that feeling of being in the spot light. I grew up in a very conservative and christian home which had a very negative effect on me, causing me to actually hate myself at some point in my life (actually most of my life to date). It caused a massive amount of issues, and I only recently truly got comfortable with myself. I went on a date with a guy, but unknowingly to me it was to a more conservative area, and I could feel people genuinely staring at me, and being judgmental. It's one thing to feel people trying to figure you out, it's another thing when a ladies church group at a Panera bread move tables and stare at you the entire night (sadly I'm not making this up either). Most of the ladies actually were fine with us, it was a specific 2 ladies in that group, and one was angry about it. Thank god for my generation though, they'll stare for a moment, but then either not care, or have a "good for them" kind of reaction. anyway, the next thing was also being able to feel that someone feels lust for you and calls it "love". Massive turn off, and people don't understand.

Anyway, here's my list:

- Feeling like I'm in the spotlight, like others said and explained pretty well.

- Feeling drowned out by all the different energy in a room. People experiencing more intense emotions always grab my attention as well.

- When you finally feel a deep connection with someone, which is a powerful and wonderful experience, but then you look for that sensation of connection in every other person you meet.

- Being able to feel and see that not many people live a deep life. It makes me sad, but also frustrates me because people hold back.

- Picking up on emotions. I've actually got this almost under control, but I've always felt them "outside" of me. Even though this can be horribly draining for me, what hurts the most is when you can feel that someone is acting like you're good friends, but don't feel that way towards you. Or you can feel if someone has contempt towards you. I also hate it when people who "lust for me" are around me, or especially touch me. It feel so bad to me, and I can't stand it.

- Picking up on mentalities. Really I will feel restricted and held down around more close-minded people. I experience this a lot with my family, and I feel stuck and even lead towards expressing things I don't agree with. A few things I can pick up on are motivation, confidence, arrogance, how open or closed someone is, authenticity, etc..

- I also don't like when I know I don't like something in someone, usually I pickup on on bad intentions, but I have to wait for them to slip up before anyone will believe me.

- Picking up on whether a relationship will work out or not. This is really challenging because I feel at fault when I don't warn someone not to get too invested. I hate feeling one-sided relationships. I also hate how most people date just to date, or date to better themselves. No wonder a lot of people don't believe in love.

- Being more understanding and objective than most people. I find most interpersonal conflicts pointless and petty. My parents use me as their therapist/ mediator because I understand what's going on, but they still choose to cause each other issues, or avoid or try to twist what I point out. I can also feel the tension between people, so many times getting involved is mentally draining, and emotionally draining. I always find myself understanding everyone's point of view, and getting aggravated with other people when they make dumb comments about someone. 

- I think the worst thing for me is I can't have a "normal" relationship. I make friends way too easily. People get very close to me, very easily, and always want to hang out. I never feel the same towards them. I am very picky about where I allow people to be in my life, but ever since I experienced real and deep connections with people, I don't want to be around any other people other than those I feel that way with. I'm very nice to everyone, and I'll be an ear for those people, but I don't like feeling stuck in relationships.

Another thing is the knowing people are lying, or aren't saying what they mean. People these days really don't know the difference between lust and love. They also don't let themselves feel all emotions they can and should. People are fake these days and I hate feeling that every time I go out. I hate social media because it's a constant reminder of that. Worst of all, I hate someone telling me they love me, but I can feel that it's not true.

updated by @loconnoro: 10/31/18 04:50:00PM
Just Stevie
Just Stevie
@just-stevie
2 weeks ago
162 posts
Very Interesting question and answers

I never acquainted this before but I am and guess always was self conscious. If in traffic someone blows a horn I think I did something wrong. Yet I was always self confident;seems a bit of an oxymoron

For most of my life I never knew about Empaths but I guess that is what made me such an enabler
I felt the feelings of others and was a fixer

In the business world I was a star I thrived on stress. I was great at networking no matter how large the crowd But... if conversation turned personal I was lost and uncomfortable. I knew people really only wanted to be listened to. They really didn't care about anything I said; so why bother? I didn't care about the latest movie they saw or what they did over the weekend. I just withdrew.

Along came Fibromyalgia (although it took years to figure it out)Its a real game changer. Eventually I became less able to do what was required and albiet slowly, bowed out. Since I had never made time for friends family became my world.

More & more I couldn't accept some of their life choices and the ups and downs.
I began to withdraw. Now I am almost recluse. I live with my husband but I like to be alone. The world is so full of sadness and strife I can't handle it anymore. I live in a community of wooded acre lots with very few houses. Grocery store 3 mi Walmart 6 mi all else 15+ mi. A straight shot up or down the lightly traveled route of mostly still wooded empty commercial lots; its great!

I used to wear a business suit even to the dentist now I throw my hair in a pony tail and wear jeans. I just don't care anymore. I have taken it too far. I speak to no one; barely return a greeting. I don't even remember what having a friend feels like.

Every sad show, song or story brings tears to my eyes. I don't feel the sadness to that degree yet I can't control the reaction. I can watch TV or read a book with violence no big deal. I watch those stupid videos of people doing stupid stunts and when they get hurt I feel it.
It's not the same pain but it ripples through me. I can tell if it was just an ouch or injury.
Stop the World I want to get off. LOL
Kate T
Kate T
@kate
2 weeks ago
151 posts

Realising the big society trends and the difference between hearing a concept and understanding it, without having to really read or be told about these.

The discrepancy between concepts that exist within the individual vs concepts that the individual only adopts to camouflage.

The mental way of feeling someone when you know what they say is in contradiction with what they really think.

Fake everything: laughs, thoughts to "push through", public belittle-ing to cover for personal issues, etc.

Very suggestive dreams. "Dare" to push anything back in the subconscious and ignore it, it bubbles up and re-emerges with the first occasion and is more intense and clear.

Waking up suddenly (very suddenly) and speaking someone's name. Having a CLEAR notion, idea and/or feeling in your head about someone who should not be thinking or lingering around your energies, possibly "stealing". This one is mixed and not the clearest yet, but overall if there is something wrong or has the possibility to go very wrong I just wake up knowing it. It does not happen often and if it's people, it's not people I would think about rationally that much. Rationally speaking you think you can easily handle them and they're soft. Wrong... this makes their energies (and yours) more permeable.

Many people tell how they have issues shielding. You don't actively need crystals and objects to do that unless you're practicing something that disrupts them (or makes them more permeable) in a form or another. It should be enough to have these objects around and in need tapping into them is natural and should not always need special invitations. If you do this tells me you're doing something with your energies or tried reaching something outside your present ability (it's an example, not necessarily everyone's case). You need a very clear intent and decisive mind/will, belief in your gut feelings, knowing where it stems from. When you know or understand the name and the origin, you can act on it. This was transformed in popular culture into "knowing the real name of someone/power words".

Not only humans create attachments though. The clearest or most powerful drain I felt with animals for instance was when I was volunteering at an animal shelter, with the dogs in particular. It just hits you, but after you realise it, it gets a bit better in a matter of seconds. A quarter had locomotory or mental issues (not even mentioning behavioural) inflicted before ofr after they were abandoned. Those poor souls... does not really make you want to repeat the experience though, not alone that is.

I have noticed that handwriting too can be very powerful in directing energies, especially if you are upset at someone and trying to convey a message. Never do such things unless you feel the impulse to and not to do harm. There's a rule according to which you reap what you sow or you get what you give (they seem separate in one dimension of thinking, but they are not). In everything you do you use a portion of your energy and to do harm you rip from it, which in turn makes you more "volatile". In my opinion, today's views of what makes one "powerful" are a joke in terms of how volatile and unstable such people get. 

One still needs a repeated prayer of some sort however. People are just made to do that. And gestures or movements of some kind. That's interesting.

Attachments always reflect something about you that you need to "readjust" or understand, hence why these happen. People are lessons, and so are you for them. Be respectful of others' physical and mental spaces, don't bulge in. Honest curiosity is one thing, but other forms of thoughts stemming from judgement meet with spontaneous rejection.

Western "1st world countries" children are being brainwashed to no ends. What communism couldn't succeed, they do. Very, too easy they are to be influenced, scared, told what they are or not.

Protecting the environment - they do not. In no Universe or system of thinking, destroying your own planet is normal. Common people are taught to think animals are cute and "let's protect them", but the people who take decisions do not think so - only in terms of profit. Also, if they can do that as far as possible from their homes - better. Nothing bigger than a deer or any carnivores live in these countries anymore, they've been wiped out, and it has extended to fish, birds, small mammals, insects, microfauna.

Like fish on land, men are shaking their hands and feet in the air, but not moving, like in a web.

Reinvention of religions and the past. Always brand new "chimeras".

Mass media - mass disinformation tools. Stop believing that everything that flies can be eaten.

There are very good things too. But I am afraid that the future is dictated by the now. The now is, one needs incredible amounts of energy (physical, mental, spiritual, take it as you may) to shift the thinking of these people, from ego centric to something else. I personally wish I could do more around me, or with myself for a start, maybe... the first dream I ever remember from when I was little ended with me seeing and hearing 2 golden lions roaring into the night as distant revolt sounds were intensifying. Of all the things and suggestions I could have caught when I was 6 or 7, I get this one.

That's just the Empath's Starting Kit.

Throw in for example, knowing that telepathy, image communication are as real as they can get, between both humans and animals. Animals are image/visual and sensorial (especially dogs and horses, races that have been evolving alongside humans, but not only). Humans are auditory and sensorial somehow, tapping into the same brainwaves. Others might feel it differently I guess, I don't know why or how.

updated by @kate: 11/08/18 11:45:50PM
Cheshire Cat
Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
2 weeks ago
1,352 posts

from @kate:

"The mental way of feeling someone when you know what they say is in contradiction with what they really think. Fake everything: laughs, thoughts to "push through", public belittle-ing to cover for personal issues, etc."

A huge issue for me is how to handle this dichotomy in people who claim they are very close to you. It forces me to chose between being just as fake as they are by not saying anything and condoning by ommission, or withdrawing, which is what I've done to the point of it being very bad for my health. Being around that and doing nothing feels far worse though. I want to scream at them, and no longer trust myself to hold it in, but that is not productive.

Kate T
Kate T
@kate
5 days ago
151 posts

Depends on what your expectations are from these people, or what you intended your relationship to be to them. The only lessons I know is that of becoming detached of passing thoughts and emotions coming from others.

Yet

Just as true is the reality of being able to feel one's heart and thoughts. 

Tell apart various intentions form each other, joy, love, or darker feelings gathering. Immediate mental exchanges when in close proximity to someone. Some people are easier to read than others. It is not intentional. They will feel when and if you can "see" them. I personally don't know why I can "hear" thoughts, especially of friends and family, but I can, and I have learned to mask the fact that I can sense them in general because it makes people feel really awkward and creates weird scenarios otherwise. It feels like you have to take something away from yourself... it is not enjoyable, but it is something that has to be done sometimes to protect others. I believe we are searching for places and people who accept us as whole. 

Some people have a well developed second side, almost like a shadow, but not with an inherently bad vibe. But it is the voice that wins, the face that comes to the surface, the form that you see and detect, as opposed to their real features. You speak to them and that is the side you hear. Is it the cynical voice? The inner voice that was pushed deep within? The one that realises what is happening behind the veil? And then the rational mind comes that somewhat mutes it, behaviour picked up from family and those around them. It is a truly interesting dichotomy and I was afraid of developing one when I was smaller. This second voice or desires can never be truly muted. They always surface first even if for a split second you recognise and know it, this is the rule of interaction between two beings. The only way to hide it simply to not to interact with people who can feel these. The conscious choice of interaction brings about an inevitable exchange of information. In person or in distance, or seconded by someone else. 

You or we are able to communicate through unspoken mental projections with anything that is life around us. Despite these lessons people have been teaching and keeping alive for millenia, people still forget how everything around them is more or less "sentient". More or less, in a way or another, or maybe simply by congruence of forces or factors that force "something" to take your existence into account even when the two of you should not usually interact. 

There is a risk and a coefficient error here too as well though, and I only know of time/experience and good intent to bring about the correct lessons. Sometimes the thoughts are very simply... not actually there. You just let negative thoughts gather and take them as reality when in fact others have moved on/the memories persist in your system. or maybe not, and you are just the only one tapping into them at a given time. Sometimes the person acts as if they never noticed anything passing through their minds, yet you are left struggling with this possibly weird impression you got from them, but again, they become weirdly unaware. Was it theirs in the first place, or coming from another source? Did we/do we take it off them and "clean/purify" them in any way, and are we left "struggling" with them for longer? I don't know for sure. Funnily and unexpectedly enough, time has actually been confirming from my thoughts. At least that is soothing to know ^^.

updated by @kate: 11/15/18 04:58:20PM
michelle
@michelle
5 days ago
29 posts
The biggest issues for me as an empath were doing my youth. This was a time when there just wasn't information concerning this. I was aware of my abilities but had no one to talk to about it. Nor was there anyone who could counsel me.

I could feel other's emotional pain in my body, particularly the stomach and solar plexus area. If a couple were having an argument near me, I would get a stomach ache.

I came up with the most ingenious plans to overcome this. One was that I would see my head surrounded by those metal doors merchants use when their shops are closed. I would envision each door on each side of my head slamming shut.

Another thing about being an empath is that people either love you or hate you. I think this comes from the blunt honesty that all empaths can have. It may also have to do with the ability we have to mirror others emotions and thoughts back to them.

Knowing what they are feeling can freak some people out. I was accused more than once of being a witch! This also caused a few coworkers to slander me or sabotage my work. I learned to cover my butt by keeping extra copies of any reports or memos I did.

Those types of reactions we're always very hurtful to me. It seemed so unfair!

I also have experienced meddlesome intrusions from ghosts and negative entities. Some scared the bejesus out of me. This has been a constant from a very young age. I would cry out to my mum for help in the middle of the night. Of course she never understood what was happening to me. Again, I had to learn to deal with this on my own.

One negative entity was most persistent during my teenage years. It would come during the night as I tried to sleep and even followed me when I would stay at others homes for the night. I hated that thing. It would physically touch and shake me. It was finally my righteous anger which made it stop. I sensed its presence one night in my room and in the most menacing voice I could muster, I demanded that it leave me alone.

I often wonder if it actually left or just left me alone for a while. The first experience I had with it was in 9th grade. I was home alone in the evening when all of all of a sudden it started banging on all four walls in our kitchen. I realized it couldn't have been a prank from someone on the outside of the house because two of the walls where interior.

I don't remember doing anything Brave or spectacular. I was very afraid and waited it out. I remember writing small notes of what was happening and leaving them around the kitchen for my family to read if something happened to me.

In later years, into my adulthood, I used the Lord's Prayer to stop it. I had read where a Buddhist monk said that this was a very powerful prayer. It worked for me on more than one occasion. This was not a ghost but a demon that plagued me for many years.

When my son was a baby, it came back a few times when my son was sleeping in bed with me. Once it entered that early sleep when you begin to dream and I saw it. This woke me quickly and I looked over to check on my son. It then raised itself under my covers growling at me. Again I use the Lord's Prayer to make it go away.

I could go on with more stories but do not wish to give them any more airtime.

Some of the more pleasant things of being an empath have been the immediate and deep connection I have made with people. I have had many occasions where I have walked past a person and we both stop and turn to stare at each other. There is an instant recognition between us and we enter in to a deep and profound conversation. These are people I have never met in this current lifetime of mine. Sometimes, we have stayed in touch to explore more conversations but usually, it is only that one time upon meeting. I just had that happen a couple weeks ago in the grocery store. I really don't expect to see her again and that's okay. What we experienced together was deep and lasting.

Another thing I absolutely love about being an empath is children and babies' reaction to me. I get big smiles and waves of hello from them. Who could ask for anyting more pleasant than that?!

It has also been deeply gratifying to be able to help those in need. I have often just looked at a stranger and knew that they needed help. I have peered at people through a crowd, locked eyes and mouthed, "Are you okay?" A negative shake of the head and relief in their eyes follows; so relieved are they that someone sees their pain.

I have helped them in whatever way was appropriate to their situation and then exited their life. Once in awhile, I am fortunate to have one of these Souls flag me down on the street or in a store and hear of their success since our last encounter. I thank the Creator for placing me at the right time and place to be of service.
Zacharias
Zacharias
@zacharias
4 days ago
150 posts

Thank you for sharing @michelle. It's good to be reminded of the benefit of being an empath. It's my greatest joy to be of service.

Just Stevie
Just Stevie
@just-stevie
4 days ago
162 posts

Years before I knew about being an Empath I went to the funeral of a teenage girl my daughter went to school with It was a senseless car accient less than a mile from the school

As I went through the viewing line and came to the mom.  I reached out my hand and as I looked into her eyes I could feel her deep pain. As her eyes met mine I knew she knew I understood. We stayed that way for several seconds. I always felt like I gave her just a tiny bit of comfort.

Mike Simpson-Rogers
Mike Simpson-Rogers
@mike-simpson-rogers
4 days ago
12 posts

With the recent catastrophes in California.  I have been on overload.  The day before the Bar shooting, every time I meditated I felt as if I was a large bomb of energy about to be released.  When I closed my eyes to meditate.  All I could see was a kolidescope of blood drops.  That night as I slept.  I dreamt that I was standing in a bar, and hearing gunshots,and seeing people dropping.  I woke up and saw what was on TV and sat and cried for a while.  I asked my guardian angels to go help those that need comfort and their help.  It's hard to see the news.  Because I recall my dream.  Those that were there to help are very blessed people.  For all those that passed, may God Bless their families for the comfort they need to go on with their lives the way their l9ved ones would have wanted them to.

michelle
@michelle
3 days ago
29 posts
Mike Simpson-Rogers:

With the recent catastrophes in California.  I have been on overload.  The day before the Bar shooting, every time I meditated I felt as if I was a large bomb of energy about to be released.  When I closed my eyes to meditate.  All I could see was a kolidescope of blood drops.  That night as I slept.  I dreamt that I was standing in a bar, and hearing gunshots,and seeing people dropping.  I woke up and saw what was on TV and sat and cried for a while.  I asked my guardian angels to go help those that need comfort and their help.  It's hard to see the news.  Because I recall my dream.  Those that were there to help are very blessed people.  For all those that passed, may God Bless their families for the comfort they need to go on with their lives the way their l9ved ones would have wanted them to.

Hi Mike. What a compassionate Soul you are! This is what I mean when I say that an empath's life will place them exactly where they need to be.

I gave an exercise to another member where you use the heart to radiate out waves of energy into the collective consciousness. In your case it would be appropriate to bring up feelings of compassion and healing for the victims and their families or whatever you feel would be best to send.

You can find that post here:

https://tinyurl.com/y9h4u35n

Thank you for being alive on planet Earth and for bringing your own special talents and gifts.
Soothsayer4
Soothsayer4
@soothsayer4
3 days ago
50 posts

I interesting enough, I know when others sense me but I often ignore this and can tactfully integrate their knowledge in conversation. I'd like to say I don't care but in reality things are buried under layers with the underlying truth that I am, always have been, and always will be an empath... how bland is that? Perhaps it's just the naked truth of acceptance that does it 

Sandy_8
Sandy_8
@sandy-8
2 days ago
8 posts

I like my alone time to recharge myself . But people are always drawn to me and most times not to be rude , I’d rather be alone .  

When someone is being fake , I can sense it even if they are pretending to be nice . I can’t really pretend to like them and that makes me uncomfortable.

I can be so sensitive. When someone tells me something that hurts my feelings , I have to cry .

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book