Mind Blown

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
11 months ago
456 posts
Today took another turn. I'm completely wiped from it all. If I could quit my job and move away I think I would.

The narc at work has gotten worse and placed another bomb before me. I've excelled at my career, and now this man feels the need to know everything I do. He doesn't trust what I do, hand holding, along with a slew of other things. It's taking more of my time and requiring me to work more. Cutting into my study/class time. Of which I'm doing on my own to change my job that is irrelevant to this job or his. He doesn't know that. Calling out sick a couple of days, from actually being sick, was like a fresh of breath air. Then he got sick and was out a few days. I felt like I was on vacation.

I can sense a great deal of sadness and turmoil and disorganization from him. It's exhausting. The best thing I can do is just do my job. If he doesnt bother me with all I listed above, life is good. It recentky hit me that he has some troubles personally and professionally. Like someone whispeeing in my ear. It makes me honestly feel so bad about whatever it is he's going through. I tried helping b4 and I always got shot down, That doesnt work he says, but i know he hasnt tried because i asked. I give my experiences or whatever i know or have done, and its still an excuse. I honestly dont know what he wants. This is professionally and personally. So i just stopped. Now he's using the pitty party which I want nothing to do with. I basically said I'm sorry but this isn't relevant to my job or the job. And it got escalated to my boss. She doesn't see what he's doing and insisted I help. But can't offer any suggestions on what to do except for doing what he needs. Now I'm back to doing 2 jobs again and part time therapist. Of which is not outlined in my duties. I submitted an anonymous complaint to HR asking for advice and all they said was gather all documents and outline etc. That's going to take me hours to do, more work created by the narc!
Rachel Browne
Rachel Browne
@rachel-browne
11 months ago
9 posts

It sounds like some serious entanglement is happening between the two of you. Have you set serious boundaries with this person? 

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
11 months ago
456 posts
Yes, each time. Each time I get I'm your boss and you have to do what I say. The other one, always like twists how it's my duties, and she goes along with it. I've been fighting for a long time.
Rachel Browne
Rachel Browne
@rachel-browne
11 months ago
9 posts

And what exactly is he/they asking you to do? 

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book