Empaths and Dreams

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
10 months ago
425 posts
All my life I've had some wild dreams. I dream every night and sometimes remember multiple. I journaled some, and then stopped. Reasons why I stopped because I would get to work later, lost track of time journaling and obsessing over them. Then worry if someone found them and read them. Since I've always somehow "crashed" all my laptops from my energy, I keep to notebooks that I can handwrite in. (Yes, I've even crashed my work laptops. The IT dept at my company doesn't understand the problems and have been given new ones)

My discussuion today is this....Do we recall our dreams more? Do our dreams mean more than what we have been taught? Is this our higher self speaking to us?

And yes, are our dreams just a reflection of what we obsess about or stress about in life? Or is that what we dreamt about a person or situition really our higher self telling us something about it?

The reason I ask this is because the past few years my dreams are different. I still get wild ones of symbols. But lately I get ones where someone is talking to me and I don't know who? But the messages are so clear. And sometimes I have dreams in different eras.
Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
10 months ago
767 posts
@tigerlily
I have some crazy vivid dreams too. I also remember them in detail. For me, it appears that I have different types of dreams I can have premonition dreams, message dreams, then there’s the usual ordinary dreams stemming from the previous few days events. Each type of dream feels different to me which makes me be able to sort them out. Sometimes, however, it takes a while to figure out the messages but I am usually able to do so on pondering the nights dream session.
Blessings
Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
10 months ago
968 posts
Hi....I bought a dream journal and I've yet to write any of my dreams down...I picture myself sitting there writing and i don't think I can write it all out accurately and it would take a while to do...I can recall all my dreams usually....So why would I need to write them down?....lol...and like cat-whisperer I'm afraid someone will find them and read them...I had that happen once and I won't let that happen again...lol...there are different types of dreams...I think on some level we know what it means....it takes a bit of time to understand...some I get right away...others I just think about and wait and see what it's connected to....our brains store and are connected to many different types of information so sometimes it takes time for our brain to process and make sense of it all....and yes I've also had dreams where it seems someone was narrating or talking to me during the dream....I think it's all really interesting and cool....lol
Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
10 months ago
767 posts
After posting realized I didn’t mention visitation dreams...those are like visiting with deceased family. It only happened once, with my mother....it was a wonderful “dream”....lots of closure with that one Blessings
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
10 months ago
200 posts
Hey tigerlily.

I go through different stages of dreaming and not dreaming. I notice that the more consistent my meditations are the more easily I remember my dreams. I have had premonition dreams, been visited by deceased and even dying relatives and experience astral projection during dreams.

I'm not sure if it is that we dream more. I know people who are not empath who have had similar types of dreams. I believe we live more with greater acceptance of universal truth. The universe, hot, budget, Tao, or whatever you call it speaks to everyone. Of course not everyone listens. There is something in the empath that makes us seekers of what is true. Maybe it is our attempt to survive in a world that is not truly accepting of us.
I've also done meditations where it seems my physical being has been transported to a dream while awake. Leading me to believe that reality is infinite and our dreams are just how we get to other worlds, o ther layers of reality.

I find people who don't dream trapped in this reality. I have also noticed that they do not heal as they should and their souls seem to be the youngest.

At least that is my take on dreams.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
10 months ago
200 posts
I forgot to mention the dreams where someone is talking. I believe those to also be spirits. Sometimes if I am out of town sleepping in a strange place that happens. It also happens when I am working on a new project. Some can be guides and protectors. Others can be harmful. Well I should say scary because if you strengthen your mind while in the dream you will come out unharmed. As an empath dreaming can be wonderful and it is easier to truly connect with you inner power.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
10 months ago
200 posts
I'm long winded but love this topic. I've learned that meditation where you observe the body, in particular the breath helps the most with understanding dreams and connecting with your spirit. Also I believe our souls are older than most and part of us remembers ancient knowledge that was lost, which is what makes us empaths.
Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
10 months ago
767 posts
@crystalsage
I also believe that we are older souls than most. I have been able to reach a dream state while meditating too. I have yet to astral project....I came close once during meditation but fear kept me from completely leaving my body. Perhaps I was not ready then, it was about a year ago but haven’t really tried since.

@tigerlily
Forgot to mention something else rather curious. Not really related to dreaming...or perhaps it is. I have been told that I speak in tongues on occasion in my sleep. The oddest thing about that is when it happens, I will not remember a dream connected to the event....won’t evern remember dreaming on those nights. My husband will tell me in the morning after those nights that it sounds like some kind of foreign language which he doesn’t understand. Makes me wonder what is going on in the spiritual world when that happens.
Blessings
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
10 months ago
896 posts

@crystalsage:

I also believe that empaths are older souls. And that is a fairly popular belief. The theory is that it takes many lives of experience before our souls can ascend to a point where we are able to use these skills. I explain it to my kids that I believe its like leveling up in a video game. When you get to the next level and you are rewarded with more cool stuff. But as they say, with power comes responsibility. And once we master our empath skills I believe we are supposed to use it for the betterment of mankind.

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
10 months ago
425 posts
@hop-daddy

I couldn't agree with you more that this gift should be used to better man kind. I think the huge problem we have are the narcs. They are always going to get their way with some soppy story. I think we just need to be smarter and use those feelings more. The guy I work with now, huge narc. I always get a sinking feeling in my gut about him. I was nice a few times, but now I'm not. I quickly saw what he's trying to do from my experience with these people.

If I could change the world I can, but there are to many people who feel the world owes them for their emotional short comings and man it effects me.
crystalsage
crystalsage
@crystalsage
10 months ago
200 posts
I love this site. This is the first time I have been able to connect with other empath. This is amazing!

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book