I´m almost constantly depressed

Butterfly
Butterfly
@butterfly
6 months ago
3 posts
Hello, I´m almost always in bad mood, like I don´t want to live anymore....I used to be interested in things like writting, or reading books now I can not even bring myself to anything... it´s getting worse....Since I opened myself to people, I do have these moods, when I was lonely... talking to myself.... not literally.. I was happy....I think whether it´s about me having problems with myself... like I m insecure... worried, scared, or maybe it s caused by people. I have been like this for very long time, I have broken up with my ex bf now I have a new one but I m not happy and I dont know... what to do......whether its just my problem or Am i taking on others problems?
krosskelt
@krosskelt
6 months ago
50 posts

We are here, and I truly feel your situation.  I think you need to talk to a professional though.  It will really help trust me.

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
769 posts

@butterfly:

I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. Often as empaths we have times when we are emotionally overwhelmed and burned out on life. This is especially hard if you are a fairly new empath as you may not really understand who you are and how this works. I remember back a few months before I figured out I was an empath. And I was a mess. I was depressed all of the time with constant mood swings. I was not a fun person to be around and did not enjoy being around anyone as I seemed to get really moody and anxious around everyone. Fast forward to today and I now understand when you go through empath overload, it can be painful, and it can go from bad to worse with depression taking over. 

I've posted a few different times on the physical problems that can occur with empaths when we are overwhelmed and slip into depression. As noted in the link below, a brain chemical called GABA is at abnormally low levels when we are in a depressive state. And GABA at normal levels is responsible for your calm and logical thinking. When GABA is low your mind can be scattered with a multitude of bad and irrational thoughts that just sinks you like a stone. I went to a naturopathic doctor years ago. And they tested my GABA, noted it was low, and gave me supplements to help raise the levels. And it made a big difference in bringing me back to normal. Please take a look at the link below. And I would say it would be worth your while to see a doctor, preferably a naturopath, and let them know how you are feeling and that someone with similar issues responded well to GABA supplementation.

http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/community/forum/new_posts/49527/understanding-major-depression-and-suicide

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book