Are you an open book or not?

eri_ameonna
eri_ameonna
@eri-ameonna
9 months ago
45 posts

What if a fellow empath were to read you?
Will they read you as easily as they would a non-empath?

Just curious. I was thinking about how overwhelming it would be if someone were to see right through me, since people around me seem to have no clue about my feelings when I am shielding.

krosskelt
@krosskelt
9 months ago
62 posts

I see You

I wonder if they see what we do

If they could see through my eyes

Would they see the hate and lies

Is it what I feel that makes it seen

Not sure if I can show you what I mean

Some don’t look close enough to see

Other’s so close they can’t let it be

Maybe you will be one that learns The Sight

With it you will also learn that truth is a fight

Those that are blind never will admit

Those that see, choose not to commit

In the dark we must hold hands and lead

Joined together the trapped can be freed

It is okay to let your pain and hurt show

In your heart you must learn to let it go

The battlefield will be deep in your mind

Your own path you are tasked to find

The path may be blocked or not clear

You must keep moving through the fear

If you could see what I see

What would you see in me

eri_ameonna
eri_ameonna
@eri-ameonna
9 months ago
45 posts

Nice one @krosskelt, I like it a lot Happy

I'll be thinking about your piece for a while.. I got chills from reading it, hmmm I wonder why? Laugh

krosskelt
@krosskelt
9 months ago
62 posts

Thanks.  I am glad that it resonated with you.  I have always wondered the things that you are asking.  I've done photo readings and been read in photos before, but never knowing been in the presence of another empath.  Always wondered what they would sense.  

I have several of my poems in the "Arts" section of the forum if you would like to check them out.  

eri_ameonna
eri_ameonna
@eri-ameonna
9 months ago
45 posts

I'd be glad to Happy
Perfect timing, I really need some art therapy to relieve some stress at the moment

Trevor Lewis
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
9 months ago
274 posts

@eri-ameonna There are a number of factors affecting how we pick up energy from other people:

• Receiving: Our sensitivity as receivers will factor into how much energy we pick up.
  • Sending: Some people transmit their energy more strongly than others, and the depth of the emotions that they are experiencing will also turn up the volume that they are sending out.
  • Awareness: The unaware person may be just as sensitive as the aware person. The latter will understand why they have mood swings; the former will not.
  • Bloodline
    Blood relatives will affect us regardless of where in the world we are and whether we are thinking about them or not. The link between sender and receiver is often stronger where there is a blood connection. Often, empath children may process the emotions of their parents or siblings long into adulthood.
  • Emotional Connection
    Friends and acquaintances will impact us primarily based on the strength of the emotional connection we have to them, largely without regard to physical proximity. The stronger the emotional connection is, the less important the physical proximity is. Having worked from home for many years with teams spread all over the country, I have picked up energy from managers and teammates regardless of location.
  • Physical Proximity
    Neighbors and strangers will influence us based on physical proximity. This is true for the people living in our neighborhood and the strangers we brush up against in the shopping mall.

All that said, it's not as simple as whether the reader is an empath or not.

I suspect you can shield from being read by most empaths just as much as from non-empaths. But if it were an empath that you felt a strong connection with, you were in the same room, you were open to being read, and they were a strong receiver, then - yes - I am sure they could read you like an open book :-)

Hope this helps.

Karen2
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
9 months ago
966 posts
I don't bother shielding as the concept has never worked for me....the few times I tried it just drained me...So I figured if people are going to read me then I'd better be ok with me...and if others who pick up info about me aren't liking what they feel...see ..or sense...well...too bad....there are those who are VERY good at reading and those who are still learning....as I see it the shields people use around themselves are STILL infused with their energy.....it doesn't matter to me if there's a shield or not, the energy around you has a lot in it regardless of its purpose...for the most part I ignore what I hear as being a mixture of MANY different energies and connections to other people that is carried within the energy field....and out of consideration and respect I don't look too deep unless it's VERY strong...but I keep my mouth shut...as I suspect a lot of strong empaths do....from my point of view a good energy cleaning and removal of etheric cords and psychic links to close any leaks and holes in the energy field will help make the energy field stronger and able to do it's job better...if there are hole foreign energy will always find it's way in....regardless of shielding...it's a big pain in the butt but that's how it's evolved for me as I would LOVE to be able to block crappy energy out....and hide my flaws....lol
updated by @womanwhowalks: 12/11/17 02:18:04PM
Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
9 months ago
764 posts
Hi, as for me.....I wear my heart on my sleeve, always have
Blessings
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
877 posts

@eri-ameonna:

I tend to have a little trouble picking up fellow empath emotions unless they are going through an emotional crisis where the emotions are more obvious. Some empaths seem to block in my view (even unintentionally).

@000
9 months ago
74 posts

Yeah hop-daddy, I tend to do that in public a lot because in doing that, I also seem to be able to cut off the connection with everyone temporarily, and sometimes you're just too overwhelmed to take everything in.  

I think after a while, it may become automatic, but sometimes, you really don't have any energy left, and you're overstimulated, so it's like a congestion and nothing can come in or out because you're fried. 

I suppose a lot of us are going through the latter with the way our world is and society is, especially in the U.S.

Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
9 months ago
764 posts
@ohana
You stated it well...overstimulated and fried. December seems to be a constant array of people interactions....parties, recitals, shopping, etc
Enough to make anyone run for the hills...and the energies now are off the charts
Blessing
@000
9 months ago
74 posts

and to you too cat whisperer {3 

eri_ameonna
eri_ameonna
@eri-ameonna
9 months ago
45 posts

@hop-daddy"Some empaths seem to block in my view (even unintentionally)", this may be it Wink

@hana -"overstimulated and fried", nicely summed up

as to my original post, actually when I am shielding or not, people can't see how obviously angry or sad I am, even though I have been giving them the stares and the silent treatment.. or sometimes when I am truly overjoyed, they can't get a clue ahaha

how can they not get it.. maybe it's my pokerface Sad

that's why it would be so intriguing once I met someone who could tell at one glance what state I am in Wink

it was nice to hear your thoughts on this 

Curious Child
Curious Child
@curious-child
9 months ago
79 posts

I think its hard to read me. It was maybe 1-2 times trough my life, that someone actually noticed how I feel myself, furthermore it happened, when I actually was almost completely drained. I fear I got too used to my mask (hiding my emotions) and also waiting for someone who would notice my true emotional state behind it.

Anna Strobl
Anna Strobl
@anna-strobl
9 months ago
8 posts

Being an empath has taught me to not expect others to be able to read me.

I'm the type of empath that people just approach, wherever I may be, come up to me or stop in front of me - shielding doesn't help either. They look at me blankly for the most part or inquisitively and then begin talking. I may be feeling super tuned in or completely disengaged or anywhere in between. No matter.

When done they walk off. Just go. Take their leave. It's become routine. I take in their energy for awhile but have learned to dissipate or deflect. Also as an empath there is but one person I can tell my feelings to. Even my closest friends will turn off and tune out. I've learned to keep quiet about *me* in front of them. It's almost like it's distasteful for them to hear. I'm supposed to be the strong one. Not the one asking for support. Just giving the support. Always giving. That does wear one out.

The only one who is gaining the ability to *read* me and listens to my rants and understands my peculiarities is my twin flame. And that's taken much time and hard work between us to get to this point. 

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
877 posts

@anna-strobl:

This is a little bit off topic but I have similar experiences. At times complete strangers track me down and really want to make eye contact and meet with me. I get the blank stare and faint recognition like they know me from somewhere but can't place it. And then boom, they dump their whole life story on me. Whatever is bad or challenging in their lives is thrown out to me in great detail. I hardly say a word while the person will bear their soul. It's the kind of stuff where I'm thinking who walks up to a complete stranger and chats them up about such intimate painful stuff? But I've heard it all. I usually patiently listen to them and after 10-15 minutes the person is done and we part ways. They always seem to have a smile and spring in their step and I'm always left feeling a little off. It's the whole energy exchange that you noted that occurs. But like you said, it is always about them and never about me. They never ask me questions and I barely say a word while they chat away. The same is true with some of my relationships. People come to me to feel better and to get lifted up again.

Since these same things happen to you, I am curious as to your take on why this happens and how/why people find us? I wonder if on a spiritual level we are identified as empath healers and they somehow know this.

Anna Strobl
Anna Strobl
@anna-strobl
9 months ago
8 posts

@hop-daddy

I cannot actually say for what reason this happens but I've never had a time in my life where I wasn't holding several confidences at once or people didn't come up to me to talk. Even at my various places of employment I was always the go-to girl. My empath really bloomed over this past year. I've gotten so I can read something or look at a photo and receive a strong impression. I've healed relationships and given solid advice that furthered people in the correct paths for their own lives. 

Even people who are naturally reticent or known as stand-offish or stuck-up open up in my presence. People often take my hand or touch me, too. Quite frequently there are tears or a begging look in their eyes. And then, a calming and a settling. Like you said it's the listening we do that seems to help most. And when (if) I reply back it's like I've stepped aside and my mind takes over and what comes out of my mouth is entirely spontaneous. And I feel such a love, respect and compassion for the person. That's the most striking aspect.

My maternal great grandmother was an empath. In her day they called her a wise-woman. And my maternal grandmother read tea leaves, palms, and did card readings. Is it passed on? As a child I often saw visions related to those around me. As in one case, the outline of a crying angel above the head of one of my mother's best friends. A while later she was diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Do you have someone you can be yourself with @hop-daddy? Someone who understands the trials of an empath? By nature empaths work alone but a supported and loved empath does better work. IMO

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
877 posts

@anna-strobl:

Empaths definitely run in families. But so do narcissists (and often both are in the same family). And I find that really interesting. My great grandmother was a very powerful empath and psychic from what I understand. But my grandmother (her daughter) was a narc from what we can tell. One of my brothers is a narc that I have a real tough time being around. And then my Mom has empath qualities but blocks them due to being devoutly religious. And my two kids are also empaths. It has helped them in their teenage years by hearing from me on how to understand all of this.

I can be myself with my wife and some close friends. But honestly, I don't feel like anyone truly knows or understands me. I feel lonely a lot but at the same time find strength in my solace and can find being around groups annoying. I get this feeling that I don't fit in with most people but yet am pretty well received by others (it's more of a feeling that I am very different). And when I go through tough times I find that I am largely ignored and have to fend for myself. But as you noted, when people need help or want something I am the first one they call. I mostly come to this site for support and read a lot to understand the phases and challenges of being an empath. But I do know that all of these feelings and traits are classic empath traits. I'm past the point of feeling sorry for myself wondering why I have to be like this. And instead am on the path exploring and using my empathy to grow and help others. It makes it easier on bad days to have experienced the good days with my empathy.

Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
9 months ago
764 posts
“I can be myself with my wife and some close friends. But honestly, I don't feel like anyone truly knows or understands me. I feel lonely a lot but at the same time find strength in my solace and can find being around groups annoying. I get this feeling that I don't fit in with most people but yet am pretty well received by others (it's more of a feeling that I am very different). And when I go through tough times I find that I am largely ignored and have to fend for myself. But as you noted, when people need help or want something I am the first one they call. I mostly come to this site for support and read a lot to understand the phases and challenges of being an empath. But I do know that all of these feelings and traits are classic empath traits. I'm past the point of feeling sorry for myself wondering why I have to be like this. And instead am on the path exploring and using my empathy to grow and help others. It makes it easier on bad days to have experienced the good days with my empathy”
Wow @hop-daddy! I couldn’t have stated my thoughts and feelings any better than you just did...kindred spirits perhaps
Blessings

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book