Why Does It Have To Be So Strong?

Alledius
Alledius
@alledius
10 months ago
21 posts

I've been trying to find info on my empathic ability. I'm able to feel the energy of music. It's hard to explain but an example would be Upgrade by Plaid. On the surface, it's just music but on the empathic level, the best way I can describe it is evolved music. It's like somehow the two guys who created the work managed to tap into a higher dimension and draw it down to our dimension. But I don't even think they realize that they did that. It's channeling through music. And the effect it has on me is that I feel like I'm being pulled upward. I can feel the effect in my heart on the psychic level. 

Another experience would be with the song Sweetness by Jimmy Eat World. Expect this one is different. When I listen to the singer, I can feel what's inside him in me. But it's not simple emotions. It's deeper than that. It's him following his purpose and him doing so touches that part of me that's in tune with my own purpose. It ignites the desire to follow my own purpose. It's very hard to explain, I know. Sorry that this is so bad. 

Yet another experience would be when I listen to Bernie Sanders speak. Last year when I first heard one of his speeches, I could feel the fire in him. Fire is the best way I can explain it. Not even sure I can call it a passion, it just feels like fire. The fire in him ignited the fire in me. Or I should say, it reminded of my own inner fire. That moment, above all others, is what convinced me that he was the right candidate. No, I won't get political, I'm just describing my empathic experience involving him. 

Same goes for Gordon Ramsey. His passion for food is something I can feel on the empathic level. It reminds me of my own passion. Not exactly fiery, yet he definitely comes off like that, but very passionate. It's weird. I don't just only pick up on basic emotions. It's like I'm picking up on their reason for being. Maybe this is why I'm attracted to powerful people. Not sexually attracted, though. On some level, I'm able to pick out those who have that extra bit of something inside that just makes them fiery and it resonates with my own fire. 

Is any of this making sense? It's weird, I know. I'm trying to make sense of it all. Trying and failing. Feels like I'm failing. I'm wondering why I feel as deeply as I do. Like, why does it need to be that deep? That part is really weird. I keep saying weird. Ok, gonna stop that now. Does any of this make sense to anyone out there? 

updated by @alledius: 12/15/17 07:47:23PM
JoniG
JoniG
@jonig
10 months ago
38 posts
Makes sense to me! You don't have to apologize for anything!! We all feel things in different ways, I love that you feel AND know it!!
GardenTiger
GardenTiger
@gardentiger
10 months ago
17 posts

@alledius : it makes total sense to me, I also feel energy through songs sometimes. I love Jimmy Eat World by the way :) the song that I feel most is "23" though, that one really resonates with me. Perhaps this is a way to describe how it is for me, it resonates with my own energy somehow, I 'get' the song and the energy and feeling it carries. A good example is MCR for me, although the music is not especially positive, it lifts my spirits every time and I'd even say it gives me courage, making me feel that life isn't so bad after all (very hard to describe indeed) Placebo on the other hand I loved in the past, now I find it challenging to listen to because the vibes of their older songs are quite destructive. Still a great band though.

A medium once told me that they are unable to listen to most classical music, because these hundreds of years old songs have picked up so many bad vibes over time that they can't bear to listen to it and feel all that, something like that. Maybe it's different for everybody though. Classical music often makes me feel simply overwhelmed, might be just an echo from the past, I don't know.

Perhaps these feelings are so deep because they try to tell you something or to make you realize the abilities you have in you? I believe this is truly a gift we have. Be glad you can feel these things so clearly, especially in people, it really helps in life in my opinion :)

Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
10 months ago
876 posts

@alledius:

You've hit on a fun theme. As they say, music soothes the soul. And just about every empath I have ever encountered has a deep connection with music. And on that note, the majority of all humans have a deep connection to music. I myself can draw intense "I am invincible courage and strength from music" from one song. And at other times a different song will bring me to tears. In fact, I was out to dinner a couple weekends ago and there was a young female vocalist singing some of the modern ballads as entertainment. And her voice and energy was so wonderful that I walked away feeling very moved by her. It's always a bit refreshing when that happens since we empaths so often deal with low or negative energy that it is almost medicine to listen to music that soothes the soul.

I personally am not a Gordon Ramsey fan. But I know exactly what you mean when you are watching someone that you identify with as inspirational (in a lecture, or movie etc...).

Alledius
Alledius
@alledius
9 months ago
21 posts

Thanks for the insights! 

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book