How does it feel 'from the other side'? - Dumping Emotions on me

To post a reply, login or signup

GardenTiger
@gardentiger
3 weeks ago
13 posts

Hi all,

Trying to keep this short :) I am relatively new to this, I only found out I’m an Empath few months back, after opening my first topic in this forum and after reading ‘thriving as an Empath’ and Elise’s book, which were both very helpful. I get better at this step by step I hope, but now I find myself wondering, how empathy is perceived (if at all) from the other side of the spectrum so to say.

I took on very strong emotions from a good friend of mine again recently, and I had a very hard time to shake them off (it took me a few days, almost a week! – feeling miserable all the way through) this person is a new friend I ‘found’ a few months back and we get along very well, safe to say we clicked from the start and have a very special connection and I believe it is not a coincidence that we met at this exact time in my life, which is quite difficult for me as I feel adrift and stuck in a rut since a few months – but I’m working on resolving this.

He is a free spirit, no attachments, an artist that does whatever he feels like and abuses drugs – I know his lifestyle, which I kind of envy, is showing me what is currently missing in my life and should be lived and brought to the surface by me again (especially being creative and free, but not the drugs of course, I don’t use drugs except Alcohol) that’s probably why we clicked so well.

We were very drunk and kissed a few weeks back, and afterwards I felt simply completely awful, it felt a lot like having a broken heart going through massive heartache, which is strange, as this is not an emotional state he is going through at the moment as he has no partner or lover in his life at the moment (we are not lovers just like each other a lot what somehow led to this slip up – confusing this strong attraction we have for romance). It was also the first time I picked anything this strong up from him. Usually it’s just some ‘light’ stuff which I can cope with easily and ceases after a day or two and cutting ties to him. This time it didn't work. So why did it feel like that to me this time? Is it an echo of HIS feelings after all or do these emotions unloaded onto us Empaths always feel the same kind of awful? Again, I only started paying attention to this recently so am quite inexperienced in really listening into myself and feeling others emotions.

Anyway, my friend does not know that I am an Empath, no one of my friends and family actually knows this, hence I found myself wondering, I felt miserable for a week after our last encounter, but how did he feel? I know from reading up that the others usually don’t feel the same emotions that we Empaths take on from them, but do they feel relieved from this emotional baggage after such encounters perhaps? What’s this whole experience like ‘from the other side’? I know this is not the main focus for us in general and perhaps not even that important, but I am curious because it would explain why some people I find exhausting are drawn to me, just for unloading their emotions and feeling better afterwards, perhaps? Do the others feel nothing at all and merrily go their way while we deal with the damage we never asked for?

Also, why do some people unload stuff on us and others nothing at all? I don't usually take on such strong emotions, not even from people who are much closer to me, or even family.

I would love to hear your opinions on this matter. This forum is the only place I can talk and read about these things, I am so glad I found it.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day!

updated by @gardentiger: 12/10/17 12:20:30PM
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
3 weeks ago
274 posts

Hi @gardentiger:

I've talked elsewhere about some people being strong receivers (that's us, the Empaths), others are strong transmitters (which is why we pick up more from some people than others).  The stronger our emotional attachment to them or theirs to us, the more we will receive.

But you ask about how do they feel?  You inspire me to add a new category ... some people are strong "dumpers"; that is, they feel the benefits of dumping on empaths more strongly than other people (consciously or unconsciously) so, more than weaker dumpers, they enjoy being around empaths.

Let me pick up on something else here ... "like having a broken heart going through massive heartache, which is strange, as this is not an emotional state he is going through at the moment as he has no partner or lover in his life at the moment".  Whatever he is feeling may not be current, it may be an old wound that has not been resolved.  Another aspect to what we pick up is that the more in denial the other person is, the more it seems as if we have to process their emotions for them. Most empaths know the conversation we start with "What's wrong" when we take one look at them (with our eyes or with our heart. They say "Nothing's wrong" to which we reply "No. Really! What's wrong?".  The next stage of learning is when we learn not to push what we know to be true but they want to deny it.  Not saying this has to be the case with your friend but just maybe.

Thanks for reading "Thriving as an Empath".

Blessings,

Trevor 

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
528 posts

@gardentiger:

As a new empath, welcome to the club. Happy You're likely going to notice that since you have realized and accepted who you are that your empath skills with strengthen.

In our current times, we are dealing with a lot of selfish, narcissistic behavior in society. Our social media addictions only exacerbate this bad behavior. And that is very hard for us empaths to deal with because we are constantly bombarded with that low/negative energy. We are sponges and absorb that low/negative energy. When you advance your skills you will learn how to draw in that negative and return positive energy to a person, room, or situation. But early on it is tough because you take in all that negative and become overloaded since you don't yet know how to make the energy conversion and get it out of your system. So for now, just realize that there will be days when you feel really tired, anxious, and even sad without a really good reason why. In your reading on empathy, look for the topic on grounding. It is very important for every empath to learn how to ground out that low energy we sponge up each day and cleanse it from our body and soul.

From your explanation of your friend, he sounds like he may be a narcissist. But slapping a label on it becomes very confusing when drug use is involved. I say this in not meaning to be judgmental. But oftentimes heavy drug use or alcoholism will bring out the worst in a person and cloud their better traits/real personality. But either way, as an empath, you're going to pick up a strong negative from a person like that. And when you are with him it will make you anxious, depressed, and even sick. The closer you let him in relationship-wise, the worse you may feel.

In my opinion, if your friend makes you feel bad, then you probably should move on from that friendship. I know that is a hard decision to make. And it is one that only you can make. But the one word of advice I would give you as an empath is to start trusting how you feel and listen to your intuition. And if a person or place makes you feel bad, trust that feeling.

I want to make sure I try to answer your final question. If your friend is a narcissist, then he likely feels really good around you. People like that feel energized when controlling and dumping on others. He's attracted to you and likes your higher energy. But there is an energy exchange that goes on with narcissists where they draw from your higher energy and dump their lower energy. You can feel it when this happens as you again will feel dizzy, anxious, depressed, or even a bit sick. There was another recent post on narcs that you may find to be an interesting read:

http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/community/forum/new_posts/49180/empaths-and-codependent-relationships

GardenTiger
@gardentiger
3 weeks ago
13 posts

Hi all,

First of all, thank you for your answers, you helped me a lot to make sense of this situation :)

@trevor-lewis: Thank you for your answer, I did not realize that we can also pick up on ‘old’ feelings that the person has buried underneath, since the last time this happened I was pretty sure I picked up on their current state of emotions (it was someone else not this friend), while this time it really makes more sense that this could be something old he buried within himself and never resolved. Since he had very bad luck regarding love all his life, it is very likely there is a lot of hurt. From what I know so far he is not a very spiritual person and rather suppresses his emotions. I will try not to push this further and protect and ground myself before I see him again in person.

@hop-daddy: You are absolutely right about that, I feel that my Empath skills have strengthened considerably since I found out what is really happening with me, I can now immediately detect the energy in a certain room, from people or a certain environment and even feel the energy from healing stones etc. which has never happened before! (I bought some for helping me to stay grounded and for protection and it is amazing how they can improve my mood and my feelings) I still don’t really know how to transform the bad energy at the moment, but I will keep on trying, as it can be very overwhelming at times, especially in the office and in situations like traffic jams or a packed mall, unbearable at times!

About my friend, I don’t think he is a narcissist, but granted, I only know him since a few months and may have a wrong impression there, but my gut feeling tells me he isn’t one, but learning to trust that feeling is another story. I dealt with a narcissist in my past (of course I only realize that now, I didn’t at the time know what he is!) and it was a nasty story that gnawed on me for years, I avoid this type of people as much as I possibly can now!

His drug use is quite frequent so perhaps this is why I picked up so much negativity from him in that situation. It never happened before though even though we are close since a while now, I guess I just have to protect myself better if I want to keep spending time with him. I really do like him and value our friendship so I rather not cut the ties completely, unless the situation gets worse and unbearable for me.. I’ll see how I can cope with this next time we meet, possibly on the weekend. Thanks a lot for your insights and your help! :)  I will also now read through the topic you mentioned, perhaps I am wrong after all about him being a narcissist.

Have a nice day!

Zacharias
@zacharias
3 weeks ago
91 posts

Narcissist is strong word. It's meant to describe people that have no regard for the feelings of others. Many people have narc tendencies without being so far down on that scale that they can't change, or eventually open up. The person you are describing is more someone who has felt such strongly negative emotions that they have shut down in order to cope. Denial is a survival tactic. Drugs give us a temporary relief from that deep sadness, but it isn't what he truly wants. He wants someone else to work through these emotions for him. That's where you come in. He dumps his crap on you. He feels better, you feel worse. So grounding out the energy is critical to helping him out, if that is what you want to do. Some people can't be helped. It's a useless exercise. Those are the narcs you need to stay away from. If you care enough to want to continue to help him out, be aware of what it can do to you. He could drag you into a relationship that goes no where, and leaves you both damaged. The drugs are a problem he'll have to get away from to get emotionally healthy. That's an indication he's not a narc. They don't need drugs to dull their emotions. They already are. 

That energy is exchanged. You transform it when you stick it in the ground. 

This man desperately needs help. It may not be your job to help him. If you strongly feel that you should, that may be divine guidance that you can. We all have to seek guidance from a higher source. Pray about it.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
528 posts

@gardentiger:

By being a newly realized empath, your energy signals are going to be on high for a while. When I found out a few years ago that I was an empath, my signal strength jumped up quite a bit. And while it was cool getting more validation of my gift, it was also painful (major anxiety in certain places and trouble sleeping, depression etc...). Along the way I found protection stones and they have made a huge difference. That along with other stones have balanced out my chakras and calmed me down so that my empath signal strength has been manageable. It used to be that intense emotional people were near impossible to be around. But with my stones I can now talk and function with them. And this is great at work where you can't control who you have to work with. So long story short, good for you for finding the stones. Keep them on you when out in the world (close to your body in a pocket or skin contact like with a bracelet seem to work best). That will help you immensely while out in the world and with people who you feel a bit heavy, anxious, or sick around.

As for your friend, if you don't feel he is a narc then it may be his drug use. I have done some research on this and drugs and alcohol abuse are said by many to lower a person's energy vibration. While intoxicated it takes one's internal spirit to a lower level where bad things and bad behavior follow. It is said that people who overuse drugs and alcohol lose some of their angelic protections since they are dropping to an energetic level where angels and spirit guides cannot function. And when this happens to a person they lose their way in life while being tempted and directed by things that are not good for them. It's kind of like the old cartoon where the devil is on one shoulder while the angel is on another. Except during heavy drug or alcohol use, the angel goes away and the devil has larger influence because the spirit/soul is closer to that energetic plain (using devil vs angel example as a metaphor). These are of course theories that I have received from other psychics and spiritual teachers. But it really makes sense to me. Especially if you have ever witnessed a person's personality slip away and a darker person emerge from drug or alcohol dependency (or any addiction for that matter). This makes me wonder if you are picking up on your friend's lowered energy and changing personality.

The thing to remember as an empath is that it is all about energy for us. As an empath your energy is unusually high relative to other non-empath humans. A lot of empaths are healers and use some of their higher energy to help people by literally lifting their spirits and in some cases healing physical problems. But as you give and take away someone's low energy/spiritual pain, you lower your own energy in the exchange. That's when you start to feel sick, depressed, weak etc... And a lot of the time this energy transfer happens without your own intent. Just being in the room with someone can create that spiritual energy transfer. That's why being around certain people will bring you down and not make you feel so great. Just remember to practice grounding at least daily so that you can rid yourself of that low energy and bring your high energy self back to balance.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
3 weeks ago
803 posts
Also...another way to look at this is that since he does do drugs his own natural protections will be low if not non existent....he'll have holes all through his energy field...i've been in the presence of ppl who have been stoned and i ALWAYS feel stoned and unbalanced while they are around...and I'm not stoned...lol...also he'll not have cleansed himself of all the negative energy he's come in contact with while high...you may have sensed someone he's connected to who's depressed and unhappy and or stoned....i'd be clearing all links to him to make sure I'm not connected to people he's connected to....and probably smudging to strengthen my own energy field and clear it of any negative stuff I picked up from him...i would rather do that then spend the few days to a week it would take to recover....i myself would limit my exposure so as to not get drained....after awhile I'd probably just stop seeing him....but that's me....lol...i know if a person I come in contact with lowers my own energy instead of strengthening it...he or she is someone I can't be around....at least for long...if one kiss drained you and kept you unblalaced for a week...then there's something wrong...
GardenTiger
@gardentiger
3 weeks ago
13 posts

Thank you all for your answers!

@Zacharias: Yes, I really don’t think he is a narc, that vibe is completely different to me, but may have some traits. I am also certain he would not hurt me or anyone for that matter on purpose i.e. being selfish and only looking out for himself, that’s not his character at all.

I would like to help him but have to see what this does to me over time, if it gets too much or is a fruitless exercise, I will stop and try to distance myself. A relationship is not on the table at all for us so it will not develop into a romance, I rather have him as a friend. I do believe we met for a reason because there were a lot of ‘coincidences’ involved and it seems to me that at least for now, our path is intertwined.

@womanwhowalks:  Interesting point, maybe he is so ‘low’ that he unconsciously reaches out for help and finds people like me to share his burdens with and feel better after the encounter. I never felt other people’s being stoned myself lol but perhaps that’s also something that could happen to me if we keep closer contact! He does not strike me as unhappy to be honest, he keeps on saying he is content and happy with his life, perhaps this is all denial though. He IS a different person when he is sober though, no surprise. The funny thing is I was completely fine when we met, until this one kiss happened, I NEVER picked anything up from him, but this was also the case in the past, very weird, as if something shifted in that moment or I opened myself up to his energy more unconsciously or something.

To avoid him and his circle of friends completely is virtually impossible as we all live in and around the same town and cross paths all the time anyway, haha. But I will take care about protecting myself going forward and take extra care from now on. I’ll wear protective stones next time and see if that can prevent that I take on any future aches. If all fails I can still try to distance myself from him then.

@hop-daddy: May I ask what stones you are using? I know it may be best to try for myself how each of them feels like to me, but some inspiration would be nice, I’m curious which ones other people use and help them.

I share your “Angel/Devil” theory there, a medium told me something similar many years ago as well, and I think it’s logical, if I choose to destroy myself with drugs and alcohol I also refuse help ‘from above’ in that moment. This is just my opinion, of course this help from above can be regained by a change of ways and lifestyle, but how can the universe/god help us if we shut ourselves down and lose all connection? That’s exactly what Alcohol feels like to me by the way, as if my antennae is completely switched off and I am unable to connect with anything or anyone at that moment. Unfortunately sometimes this is exactly what I want but I try to limit my consumption to 2x a week max.

I will continue to ground myself daily and before going out, also some exercises like turning the volume down or encircling myself in light has been really helpful.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
3 weeks ago
733 posts
“The funny thing is I was completely fine when we met, until this one kiss happened”
As an empath, any kind of intimate contact greatly increases the energy exchange flow....it is like intertwining your energies as one. With that being said, you have to be very careful being intimate as an empath as it does tie you to the other person energywise.

The drugs....this is an issue as well. Speaking from someone who has been there and done that. I went for years numbing myself due to being totally unaware of the fact that all of that crap wasn’t mine to carry. It did lower my energy and also drew the wrong people toward me as well. Now I don’t drink or do drugs....it just makes me feel sick. As you become more aware of your energy, you may also fine yourself feeling stoned around such activity since it does lower your energy. We have a tendency to align frequency with whom ever we are around if your not careful.
Blessings
GardenTiger
@gardentiger
3 weeks ago
13 posts

Yes this makes perfect sense... as it takes the connection between two people to a whole other level. I don't want to know how I would have felt if this would have gone even further...oh my.

Yes, I also want to quit drinking and smoking actually.. (even though I only do it more or less occasionally, I feel it's not good for me) and it shuts me down completely somehow.

I think there is a lesson for me to be learnt here, perhaps to protect myself more thoroughly and start to take responsibility for what I am and to be finally able to handle myself, so to say. I feel that also some connections to other people start feeling 'wrong' now that I listen into myself more, especially to those people who like to complain and have a very negative outlook on life etc... time to start cleaning out my emotional closet I guess :/

Zacharias
@zacharias
3 weeks ago
91 posts

I have to say you have gotten some really good advice here. I love these people! 

I also love the fact that your willing to take the responsibility on yourself. We all have to do this. It will make you stronger and much less vulnerable. In order to help others we have to help ourselves first. Your spiritual guide will help you "clean the closet" so to speak. All you have to do is ask.

@hop-daddy had posted a really good article on spiritually and cannabis use on another thread. I want to make sure you know about it.

https://starmanspeaks.com/2015/12/15/my-relationship-with-weed-a-psychic-mediums-take-on-marijuana/

GardenTiger
@gardentiger
3 weeks ago
13 posts

@zacharias : Yes, I agree, this is really a fantastic and very positive community :) I am really glad I found this website.

Yes, I have been prone to improve myself and to find my place and purpose in this world all my life, so I take this as an opportunity to learn and grow. I just hope I can somehow 'save' my friend or at least help him to get to the right path. Maybe he just needs a nudge in the right direction, again I think there is a reason why we met, too many "coincidences" have been involved in this story.

Thank you for the article, very interesting read and it really makes sense to me even though I don't smoke pot I've seen enough people slowly deteriorate because of it... Possession by entities is something that could also be the case for my friend, I'm afraid to open that can of worms to be honest, first I probably need to find out if he is even receptive of help and would accept guidance... maybe I'll have some news about what to do after we met this weekend. Wish me luck. :)

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 weeks ago
528 posts

@gardentiger:

I've read that drug and alcohol addictions are fairly common with empaths. Its a way to temporarily disconnect. And before I fully realized that I was an empath I can say that I drank pretty heavily after work on tough days. It turned off the empath receptor and allowed me to relax. But it was always temporary, and all the intense emotional baggage that made me feel bad in the first place was always waiting for me after I would sober up. So I get do understand why drugs and alcohol can be attractive to empaths. But I think it can be harmful for an empath to fall into the trap of drug or alcohol dependency as it does pull our vibration down and keeps us from our purpose.

As for stones, I have become quite the crystal and stone enthusiast over the past couple years. I love the protection stones as they really help me function in public or intense emotional areas where I know that I will struggle as an empath. There are even some stones like rose quartz or amethyst that I will plant throughout my office that will often effectively calm down the environment. One thing you will find with crystals in general is that what works for one person may not have much of an impact on another. But there are a handful of crystals that seem to work consistently well for  most empaths. Rose Quartz seems to be a really nice calming stone that will set off a happy & chill vibe in a room (it also seems to do its best work with female energy). And black tourmaline and malachite really do well for anyone carrying or wearing them. The black tourmaline gives you a pretty good negativity shield and limits what negative or low energy will get to you. And malachite is known to draw negative out of you. I really like those two and often throw in Shungite for good measure. Shungite is another stone that protects you from negative. And it helped me rid myself of a spirit attachment issue that I had about a year ago (that's a whole other story). If anyone is interested, this is a good easy to read book explaining what various stones and crystals will offer for protection and healing:

https://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Healer-prescriptions-change-forever/dp/1904991637/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1511566253&sr=8-1&keywords=the+crystal+healer+by+philip+permutt

GardenTiger
@gardentiger
2 weeks ago
13 posts

@hop-daddy : Yes, this sounds exactly like what I used to do in the past years.. get home from work, open the bottle of wine, eat a lot of sh*t and 'relax'.. took me too long to realize that there is nothing relaxing about that in the end. I don't do that anymore (only on the weekends sometimes) to try and be more in touch with myself and my feelings and emotions. But it is hard to suddenly feel everything, after numbing oneself for too long with that stuff.

Thank you for the tips about the stones, I will look them all up and get me some crystals for the office as well, the energy can get quite bad there at times. Building a collection so to say, haha. I already have a Rose Quartz here I can start using. I am wearing Hematite now since a few days, and wow was the effect immediate! My spirits are up there and my energy levels are so high, it's really great, I will never take it off again haha.

But unfortunately it doesn't seem to do enough for me regarding grounding (I got it for that in the first place) I went out with my friend yesterday and the moment I set foot into the room of the bar I felt really really bad, completely all over the place and anxious.. I just wanted to turn around and run again it was almost unbearable.. It was really shocking to me because this was the first time I fully realized this and that I realized this is exactly the feeling I was trying to avoid the recent years and the reason I never went anywhere again and became basically a hermit. Totally shocking and I need to get a grip on that. After drinking some beers it was considerably better but of course that can't be the solution every time now but I see now very clearly what got me into drinking too much in the past in the first place! I assume many empaths can relate to this.

I met my friend by the way and at least in that regard, I was completely fine and still am feeling well now. So the grounding and light exercises I did and possibly also the hematite did their magic there :) he was also on drugs by the way so am especially proud of myself I managed to steer clear of those vibes and his emotional baggage, while having a good time with everyone anyway in the end! Let's hope I manage that again for tonight.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 weeks ago
528 posts

@gardentiger:

I have personally not done well with hematite. It makes me dizzy and a bit out of it. But a lot of people swear by it as a good protection stone. And I like to compare protection stones to sun screen. You're getting protection, but it is not going to stop 100% of what is hitting you. I think on a good day my stones probably take away 60-70% of what I get hit with.

And public places like bars can be especially challenging for empaths. But try using 3-4 protection stones at once to see how they work together for you. For example, hematite may work decently for you. But if you add in black tourmaline and jet, you may feel multiple times better. I tested this out with a really emotional guy at my office. He is such an intense, emotional, bombastic person that I used to have trouble talking with for more than 5 minutes at a time. But I finally found a nice 4 stone protection combo that I keep in a pouch in my pocket. And I now can be around him for 1/2 hour or more listening to his stories without his energy making me feel sick or anxious. And these same stones really help when I'm out in public.

But the main thing for you is that I think you now better understand the dynamics of people's energy and how it can impact you. And I think over time you will probably have less interaction or friendships with people that pull down your vibration and don't make you feel well.

On a final note, don't forget to clean and recharge your protection stones regularly. They are your spiritual force field but they need a recharge every few days to perform at their best. The majority of stones rid themselves of negative and recharge by being in the sun for 8 hours or more. If you don't have a lot of time for that then you can put most stones in a glass of water that is mixed with rock salt for a few hours. That salt solution really helps neutralize the low energy that attaches to stones after use. Some people like to leave stones out in the moonlight or bury them in the earth for a day or two to recharge them. I prefer the first two ideas but to each their own.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 weeks ago
528 posts

@angeldelight:

I don't do drugs but from personal experience alcohol seems to significantly tone down my empath receptors and numbs me for a couple hours. It relaxes me and allows my mind to temporarily calm down. But that’s not a big secret since alcohol is a depressant that humans have enjoyed/abused for thousands of years . But I do have to say that I usually regret drinking to try to relieve stress as all the heavy energy that was stressing me out is always there waiting for me once I am sober again. I have since found that exercise combined with grounding techniques is a more effective method of calming down and ridding myself of unwanted energy.

I believe doing drugs may have a similar effect of numbing us. Although a few people on this site mentioned in other posts that smoking marijuana actually enhances their empath abilities. 

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 weeks ago
528 posts

@angeldelight:

I think we all find various ways to cope with stress. The challenge for empaths is that we experience so much emotional energy daily that we can get run down and desperate. And that's why there are a lot of empaths that struggle with drugs and alcohol addictions.

There is no way to really verify this, but I have heard that it is estimated that 5% of the population are born as empaths. But my guess is that only about 1/5 of that number are aware empaths as adults. The rest just don't know it yet or don't accept it for religious or cultural reasons. But the rest of that 5% that are unrealized empaths still struggle with the emotional energy that they take in and don't know how to deal with it. And my hunch is that a lot of people who have drug and alcohol addictions are unrealized empaths that fell down the trap of addiction as a way to try to rid themselves of the pain they pick up from the world.

As for doctors, you have to really dig around to find one who understands and treats empaths through meditation and relaxation techniques. Otherwise a typical doctor will respond to your complaints about feeling too much or being depressed with an anti-depressant drug that will just numb you out completely. And then you miss out on experiencing life as you as well as developing your empathy. That's why this is such a great community site where we can all understand who we are and how we can progress.

GardenTiger
@gardentiger
2 weeks ago
13 posts

@hop-daddy : Hematite works wonders for me :) I feel really energized and alive when wearing it, and yes a little all over the place as well but I kinda like that haha. It's just so different than before, especially when I didn't even know how to protect myself yet. I will clean it and recharge it regularly, thanks for the hint. :) We're going to the gemstone shop on Saturday and I will buy and test a few more stones and hopefully I'll have the right combo that works for me as well.

Personally I react really bad to marijuana, I cannot function anymore like some people can (even going to work stoned and such!), so I stay away from it in any case. No temptation there.

@angeldelight : Alcohol just numbs all your senses, especially if you are empathic I would say. I feel it after as little as one glass, my sensors and my "broadcast" are completely shut down and I only "exist" without picking up on stuff and my environment, misjudging the situation because I don't "work". Hard to describe. But it should not become a habit to feel less pain and less anxiety, like it was unfortunately for me in the past. 

My friend is fine haha, saw him briefly the other night and we had a good time. Seems like he is doing really well these days, less drugs. I hope it stays that way. I always have the feeling that he kinda wants to turn his life around but doesn't really dare to or doesn't really know how, perhaps this is why he "chose" me and we met, unconsciously searching for someone to pull him out of it and help him evolve. Unfortunately I don't really have the energy for that stuff, I did it in the past with/for people and it is simply too draining, especially if it's not a close partner, or even a relative.

Caliah
@caliah
2 weeks ago
2 posts

I have been using a lot for the past years more of my Intuition than my Assumption and I wish I would of know that taking Anti depressants would numb me before this ability I still feel the Empath ability if not but way Stronger 

Thank you 

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book