Questions on how YOU experience vibes/energy...

To post a reply, login or signup

LoconnorO
@loconnoro
4 weeks ago
151 posts

1. How do you experience someone's energy or vibe? 

For me, I feel it almost as a physical sensation. Most people I feel two distinct areas, like a "wider" vibe and then when I'm within arms length I feel almost the same vibe but much much stronger. If I get that close I can rarely ignore their energy. I can't ignore someone's energy if it's any sort of off balance. For me, everyone has an individual vibe or energy, but when I feel an emotion off of someone, that emotion almost "plays" their vibe, the same way you would play a music not on an instrument. I feel people best in closed areas, like rooms or places where there are walls, I guess less gets in and everything else gets bounced off the wall or something and it becomes more concentrated or something. I feel just about anything that is living and I feel things like card scanners or just about anything with an electromagnetic wave (Which is what makes me think that Empaths are feeling electromagnetic waves, another reason I want to hear about other people's experiences). I used to take on other people's emotions and feel them as if they were my own, but I no longer do that. Over time of really analyzing and attempting to understand "feeling" other people it's gotten a little better. However, other people's energy and emotions have a very real affect on me still. If someone is sad I will only be able to focus on that person being down and I will start feeling down from not being able to help them, or anger/ held-in anger will give me anxiety and I start to shake and panic. Walking through public is equally, if not more exhausting than before, but I'm still learning to handle it. (Shielding hasn't worked for me at all, and a bunch of other techniques I've tried have even made it worse before). 

The vibe itself depends on the person. I list the common words I use to attempt to describe a vibe of someone. Heavy, light, bright, fuzzy, warm, tranquil, "up", "down", confusing, etc. (there's more, but those are the most common)

2. How someone has described your vibe.

Now I mostly ask this question because after being able to feel people all day long, everyday, I always wonder what I "feel" like. I know how my family feels (not good at all, you can literally feel the selfishness and ego, it's horrible), but I don't know how I feel. I've been told that I lighten up a room, but that wasn't even from an energy sensitive person, and I think in that case it had to do more with the fact that I smile a lot. I have a feeling mine is very "low key" or not intense. I tend to accidentally sneak up on people almost everyday. I know that my vibe would be different from other Empath's vibe, but hopefully if there are some similarities among other Empath's I'll have a better idea of what my presence feels like to other people... I've felt something very unclear similar to a vibe during meditation before, but again I'm not sure if that's a vibe or if it was a very successful meditation where I cleared out other people's emotions. 

Thank you in advance for any comments or shared ideas!

updated by @loconnoro: 10/03/17 12:46:05PM
krosskelt
@krosskelt
4 weeks ago
31 posts

I feel energy much in the same way you do.  

When I was a teenager, and noticed I was sensing people's emotions, I formed my outer bubble my sensing field.  Depending on my mood it is anywhere from 3-5 feet that I am fairly clear with.  My next layer I consider a shield.  This layer is only a foot or so from the surface of my skin, anybody that invades that area it is difficult to keep them out.  Finally I consider my last layer of shielding the armor that sits right on my skin.  If touched it is impossible to keep somebody out.  In my mind's eye these all carry a shade of blue, each slightly darker than the rest.

I can take my armor and shielding down, but I can't take down the sensing bubble.  I can expand it to fill a room.  Also like you enclosed spaces seem to reflect and trap, plus being inside is always harder than being close to people outside anyway.  

The physical feeling I get, when making a connection, starts with a tingle at the top of my crown and the stronger it comes through the tingle works down by skull, neck, then down my arms.  If really strong my whole upper body and head will tingle.  I don't pick up other electromagnetic energy though.  

You might find this interesting Science of the Heart There was another I liked better but can't find it right now.

I have always wondered how another empath might feel me, and how I might feel them in person.  I too am finding myself surprising people when I walk up on them.  I think some of that has to do with us knowing how to keep our own energy tight.

i-see-you

LoconnorO
@loconnoro
4 weeks ago
151 posts

Thanks so much for the comment! I definitely relate with physical touch, I cannot get you out of my head if you're touching me, I rarely touch someone unless I'm really comfortable with that person. People like to hug me a lot, which I might just notice hugs more so it seems more than average, but I get hugged a lot, and I honestly am not a big fan of physical contact unless someone is having a rough time and that's the kind of thing that will help them. When I make a connection it's usually not a feeling for me though, its this deep realization like "I see you" or "I know you" and I feel like I've met that person before. When I connect with anyone, it's always an amazing experience for me at least, I love meeting new people mostly for that reason.

Thank you so much for the feedback! And I'm definitely going to look into that link! I've looked into the Human Electromagnetic fields before and that's usually the closest diagram to what i experience, a Large "bubble" and then a smaller "bubble" inside and closer around the person, within arm length. @krosskelt

Zacharias
@zacharias
4 weeks ago
75 posts

This is how I've explained what is happening: There is an electromagnetic field around everything. Some weak some strong. As radiation travels through these fields, some is absorbed, some is reflected. We have a very strong field around us that emanates from about 2 inches below our belly button. People who live in the city keep their field closer to them. I can feel it at about a foot or two away from their body. People who live in the country have a much larger bubble. I think it's more considerate to keep my field close to me in public, so I focus on shrinking it when ever i'm about to mingle with a group. In my minds eye I see the radiation and the fields. It isn't just people that have them, buildings, cars, fences, rocks, tools, cell phones, power stations, teddy bears, everything. I used to practice senseing these fields by dropping my keys on a table and finding them with my eyes closed. I keep my hand a few inches above the table and move it around til I felt them under my hand. Then I would pick them up. I can do it every time. It feels like a slight change in temperature. Radiation is warm and fuzzy. People sort of feel that way too. So think about how much information is passed through the air from one computer to another(Wifi) in the form of radiation. Simple radio waves can be interpreted by a receiver as complex sound. Are we not doing the exact same thing?  We are the receivers. The radiation people are giving off we interpret as emotion and vast amounts of other information. When I analyze that energy that I pick up, I get all kinds of impressions. I can hold onto it for days or weeks and read it at any time. I don't have to be standing in front of them. Once that connection is made I get new impressions and they can call me before they pick up the phone. I get the "I was about to call you!" all the time from those I keep that connection with. We can have this communication with anyone on earth because of the planets' electromagnetic field. There are fields with in fields and they all effect each other with the exchange of electrons and photons.

Something else you mentioned was how you used to take on others emotions but now you don't. When I was younger I couldn't understand how this could be(feeling what others feel) so it had to be what I was feeling. It drove me nuts until I realized what was happening. Now I purposely suppress my own emotion, so any emotion I feel is easy to identify as coming from a particular person. I still have to feel it, but it has no effect on my state of mind. It doesn't bother me at all to feel sadness from another as long as it's genuine. It's those cover emotions that I hate and make me sick. It starts as a tingle on the back of my head moves down my spine. Sometimes it can feel like a knife being pushed slowly into the back of my neck. When I'm in a large crowd of frustrated people my mind fills with dark clouds and I can't think clear. If I stay any longer I start to cry. To cope I'd get in the car, blast Slayer, and scream myself horse. Have other methods now. I don't let the emotions effect me as much. 

My wife is always asking how does so and so feel or what am I getting from them. Then I have to figure out how to put it into words. Describing what I'm receiving is hard to do. My mind puts it into pictures mostly. I see that picture when that person is close by. Women are flowers, plants, and animals. Men are different types of wood with different finishes or metal and stone. Although, some men are wilted flowers, and some women are blocks of granite. Those people I worry about. 

On the road I can feel what other drivers are about to do. So my field is expanded way out to read them. Keeps me safe. I haven't had a collision in 30 years. The one wreck I had was when I was stopped at a light. I think to myself what if everyone was empath? We would never have another traffic report! 

Also, shungite is suppose to absorb EMF waves

LoconnorO
@loconnoro
4 weeks ago
151 posts

Thank you for the comment! I think you described the "absorbing others emotions" much better than I did, I still feel them, but they don't have a massive impact on my mind or my emotional state, so long as I have myself in check. I feel like I have to have  high amount of physical energy to be able to handle going out on my own in public. I easily get overwhelmed. I can relate with traffic as well, I'm rarely surprised on the road, and I've noticed I will pick up on light changes even if there's no way for me to know they're about to change. I'll get the urge to go before the light is green (like around a second before the light changes). I've tested my abilities as well, I will walk up and purposefully feel plants. Now I'm more obsessed with how a plant feels rather than how a plant smells. Anytime I pay attention to the feeling of my phone I feel it, part of the reason I sleep with it away from me. I don't like the way my phone or most electronics feel. At my old job there were these card scanners that we had to use all the time, and I hated the way those felt. I remember I would test myself all the time to see if it was in my head or something, but I would always find them on walls without looking and when my eyes were closed... I would hold the key cards really oddly over the sensor so my hand was as far away as I could get from it because I hated the way they felt, and my friends always made fun of me when they noticed but I don't care. I'm not going to sit there an constantly feel something I dont like. 

I know what you mean about the feeling of broken people. I was visiting my aunt, whose had a rough time throughout life, in the hospital yesterday and today, and you could just feel the brokenness in her life. Especially when she was under the heavy medication and she wasn't as "psychically" or emotionally guarded as usual. She just felt so vulnerable and I wanted to be there for her as much as I could. She's just recovering from a surgery, so she's fine.

Thanks again for the Comment!

Kate
@kate
4 weeks ago
131 posts
It's very hard for me to tell all these subtleties because it almost hurts to feel others somehow, and I can't "hide my presence" that easily... but I know that in most cases I feel thoughts related to me. The second someone concentrates on me for whatever reason I feel or hear it on a mental level, although my "barriers" only let friends and people I know inside. Not always ;)

As for feeling, I kinda take the feeling in, which has created me SO many problems until now and especially when I was younger. Many times the feelings go in the stomach/chest area. It feels awful to not have someone who understands you and what you go through, and these subjects being "taboos" here, but I guess and hope it will pay off... at some point:/
updated by @kate: 09/24/17 05:32:30PM
Mike Simpson-Rogers
@mike-simpson-rogers
3 weeks ago
9 posts
On September 30th. I texted my mother this:

"A lot of energy in the air today. It's almost feeling like a spider crawling up your back feeling. "

Last night I did not sleep because energy was so high I stared out window 4 hours wondering.. Then I heard about the shooting in Vegas. I pray that God keeps all the souls affected with comfort and love.
Last year two days before two big explosions in China at 2 different chemical plants. I was standing at the foot of my bed. I felt so off, and as I looked up I felt as if I was hit in my chest hard. I was thrown back on to my bed while my husband watched. My skin felt as if it was on fire. This lasted about 5 minutes and the energy was released to a point I felt mild discomfort.
I pray for all in this world. We are all at a point that this is going to happen even more. Be Aware of your surroundings. The streets in this country will be painted with more blood. This is the time to help others, and "BE KIND TO OTHERS". If you find yourself in a spot, please remember, You are not alone.
updated by @mike-simpson-rogers: 10/02/17 07:07:55AM
Mike Simpson-Rogers
@mike-simpson-rogers
3 weeks ago
9 posts
I had to learn with people I can block. I cant feel people when things are too much. The energy on this Earth is a different question. I can't block. Over the years as I look back on. I've been ill for 30 years. It's been getting stronger over the last few.
I use Crystals, they help tremendously. Always have 4 or more on me. One black one for keeping me grounded. Any Empath should be using them. I swear by them. Hence, I have been collecting them for years. I realize now my guardian angel has been helping me finding the ones I need.
updated by @mike-simpson-rogers: 10/02/17 08:22:09AM
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
3 weeks ago
151 posts

The same exact thing happened to me. I was incredibly exhausted before, and luckily i took a nap, but I couldn't sleep last night. I have a bit of insomnia, but I always fall asleep at the latest 2:30, last night I didn't fall asleep at all and I woke up feeling incredibly off, and I turned on the tv and it turned straight on to the news with the vegas shooting. It was horrible and I feel so horrible for the people involved. So much hate today... @mike-simpson-rogers

Zacharias
@zacharias
3 weeks ago
75 posts

Wow, same here. Couldn't sleep at all. A friend of mine on Saturday said "It's going to get much worse before it gets better". I had to agree. 

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 weeks ago
709 posts
Kate:
It's very hard for me to tell all these subtleties because it almost hurts to feel others somehow, and I can't "hide my presence" that easily... but I know that in most cases I feel thoughts related to me. The second someone concentrates on me for whatever reason I feel or hear it on a mental level, although my "barriers" only let friends and people I know inside. Not always ;)

As for feeling, I kinda take the feeling in, which has created me SO many problems until now and especially when I was younger. Many times the feelings go in the stomach/chest area. It feels awful to not have someone who understands you and what you go through, and these subjects being "taboos" here, but I guess and hope it will pay off... at some point:/

Sounds like we have a lot in common when it comes to how we feel energy. Like you, when someone is fixated on me, especially in a negative way their name comes up in my thoughts along with how they feel about me. It is hard to deal with sometimes....especially when it is, say a family member, and you call them in it, only to be met with denial.

Energy affects me in a very physical way...headaches, backaches, if it’s really bad I will literally vomit.

The Vegas incident has affected me this way. I am having to totally isolate myself from the tv now. There is so much going on in the world now. Sleep has been affected as well like others are mentioning in this thread. It brings to mind something that I was reading by Eckhart Tolle last night “At the current evolutionary stage of humanity, violence is still not only all-pervasive but even on the increase, as the old egoism consciousness, amplified by the collective pain-body, intensifies prior to its inevitable demise.”....food for thought.
Totally getting off the subject here, all apologies for hijacking the thread
Blessings
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
2 weeks ago
151 posts

I kind of like where you took it @cat-whisperer especially in light of what happened. I can't play any TV at all either, and I've been very, very introverted lately. I've been picking up certain emotions more lately than I usually do and it's been a rough week with school and work. Luckily I have tomorrow completely off, I'm not sure what I'll be doing, but it will be something relaxing...

Mike Simpson-Rogers
@mike-simpson-rogers
one week ago
9 posts
I to stopped all news. Even local. I can get weather on my phone app. Just Movies and 'Ellen'.
Now that's someone who has a lot of good energy...

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book