Long post... But does anyone Relate?

To post a reply, login or signup

LoconnorO
@loconnoro
2 months ago
149 posts

So I'll start off my saying I've been really trying to understand this entire "Empath Experience", if you will. My mind has a ridiculously rigid and scientific side that has to understand everything inside and out, and it can't have any loose ends when it comes to learning things. Recently, as I've been trying to understand my abilities, I've also been trying to increase my intuition and really get in touch with it, and I realized it goes hand-in-hand with my knowledge. It's like the bigger the library I provide it, more it speaks to me. With all this being said I feel like my abilities have grown some, and in some ways I've been able to get a little bit more of a handle on the experience overall... I still struggle immensely with picking up people's emotions, and bad energy seems to affect me more now as well. 

But on from that overview of what I've been focusing on in regards to being an empath, I've been making a few new "true" friends, friends that I have a really deep and meaningful relationship. I have two people that come to mind when I think about this, but both didn't know how to process my being an Empath. They both recognized weird things like how strong my senses are or how I do weird things like know when they're approaching me, or I've even come off as psychic at times (I'm just really good at reading into people, and then sometimes I've been surprised myself at some information I've gotten), but then when I decided to tell them that I was this thing called an Empath, one just kinda brushed it off (like an eye roll) and then pulled away (This person I'm not concerned about keeping in my life, they didn't stress me out at all). But the other friend (very smart, but very science based and modern world brained) just seems confused. The second friend, I'm concerned about because he and I had a really relationship with great conversations about things, which I never find. We kind of bonded over science and nerdy things like that, and other deep conversations just about anything, and he always seemed amazed by how much "stuff" I know. I am gifted in most sciences, especially biology and anything related to the human body, and he would say I should meet his other friend that is apparently a genius or something. But Last Sunday I talked to him about being an Empath, and specifically "Clairsentient", and I'm not sure how he took it. He seemed very open minded while we talked about it, but he's also seemed a little more distant. I couldn't be completely honest about the extent of what it means for me to be an Empath, but I did talk about "feeling" people. I'm concerned because we were headed to be good friends and I'm scared I chased away a guy who thought a well of me, but now he might literally think I'm crazy. I'm just glad I never let him know how well I read people. He and his girlfriend took some space and it upset him, and I knew about it 4 days before he actually brought it up because when we spoke I noticed something was off and figured it out. It's even harder because I literally feel the distance between us now and this happens with anyone I'm around or talk to about these things. You can feel when people look at you differently or think of you in a different way than before. It really stinks. I'm so glad I didn't talk about being able to feel the energy of trees in the same way I feel it for people. Sorry this was a rant, but I'm just really struggling to find genuine friends and lately it's honestly been getting to me...

mc2kingdom
@mc2kingdom
2 months ago
3 posts
Sorry you are experiencing this. You either understand an empath or you don't, and I think the core of being an empath is based on being gifted by Jesus, in my opinion, with true understanding of and a capacity for the spiritual realm.
We are very sensitive people in many ways and pick up things alot of people shrug off as nonsense.
Do you feel misunderstood, like people think you are crazy, but at the same time they know deep down the things you rattle off are correct but don't want to admit.
Sometimes I feel convicted by the Holy Spirit bc I feel bad about being judgy, so I try to be careful, but also have an extremely high regard for truth, purpose and meaning.
If you are struggling with your emotions, and you have not met JESUS Christ, please give him a try. I believe in him with all my heart, and believing he is the most important thing in this world and beyond have seriously changed my heart, mind, life and perspective. I know how you feel to be struggling to find friends. I am at a point in my life where everyone close to me have betrayed my trust and I was forced to give my life over to Jesus bc I couldn't handle the pain and hurt anymore of holding people on such a pedastle, that it destroyed my peace. Let people go and seek Jesus Christ. This world is fading away by the minute...he is calling you, will you answer? Best regards, mc2kingdom
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 months ago
761 posts
Hi...your not the only one....the one person who I consider a close friend who is also a spiritual person with some of the same abilities as i do..often closes down when I try talking about anything...well...about me...or anything about my gifts....i think most non empathic person won't ever understand....my friend has abilities but is definitely not an empath in being able to sense other peoples' energy or aware of anyone but himself....it's a lonely place to be in with people who don't understand what we do....i've kinda learned to be at peace with that...kinda....lol...but it bugs me too that i have to hide my true self in order for non empaths to accept me or not get judged a loony...it really is NOT fair....but it's not my or your fault that they are closed to us...I just keep plugging away....can't really do anything about them....lol....I think THEY're the abnormal ones now...not me...lol
Jan Howorth
@jan-howorth
2 months ago
10 posts

Hi, I too am just starting on the journey and finding things out about myself, but have also found no one to talk to who knows the answers. I have just taken a level 1 Reiki course and it has opened my eyes to things that are around us that very few people know are happening. I have told my family about it but they too are sceptical and my son just laughs. I was away on holiday the last few weeks and had a couple of medical issues with two members of the family and I placed my hands on them for a few minutes and the pain and the issue went away, so now they have proof its gone a bit quiet!  

I have always known I could heal but only my partners have known about it. I have also only just realise in the past year or so what an Empath is and that I am one.  The journey you are going on will primarily be a solo one unless you can find a kindred spirit to bounce off and help you. I am totally non religeous and very scientific so I need evedence. I went into the Reiki with an open heart and mind and it has changed my life.

When I held a girls head I felt like I had her soul in the palm of my hands. I told my tutor before she woke up ( es thats another strange gift I can hold someones hand and send them to sleep in a few minutes. Why is this and what can I use it for- non anaesthetic operations?) she said to the tutor she felt like she was out of her body when I held her crown.

I dont think "Normal" society is ready to accept this yet and you will always get the kind of reaction you get unless you confide in a loved one who is willing to take you as you are. My partner of 5 years takes me as I am I am blessed with her. She has seen what I can do and trusts me 100% with it, but still she doesn't understand what is happenning inside my head.

As a guide you should do the exercises on Elises page to block stuff out, read up on stuff for your journey and talk to whoever you can find who will listen. You will be able to spot the narcissists or vampire drains easily who are just there to leach you and you must practice trusting your instincts. If you think somthing is wrong then it is, fact. The sooner you start doing this the stronger you will become and the smoother your journey.

By the way I am a 58 year old man with 7 children, who has been a roofer for 21 years until retraining as a Maths, English and Motor Vehicle lecturer at 52. I wonder sometimes why I have found all this out about myself so late in life. I am sure my daughter is the same as me. If you are still reading thanks for listening and hope it helps.

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 months ago
704 posts
In my experience it appears that when people find out that your an empath, the walls go up and people back away as you all mention in your posts. The majority of the world walk around with "masks" hoping that no one sees that hurt, confused, defeated, selfish, etc person that they really are. Or see the past traumas they have endured. We have a plight in society where no one wants to take a good hard look at the things they are haunted with out of fear. When people find out that we are capable of seeing....rather feeling what is behind the mask it makes them uncomfortable so pulling away becomes the automatic response. Don't take it personally, people are just not ready to see their true selves....and they don't want anyone else seeing either for fear of being vulnerable.
Blessings
updated by @cat-whisperer: 08/17/17 06:54:27AM
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
2 months ago
149 posts
Thank you everyone for the replies, it stinks how hard it is to find genuin friends... and everyone is so close to their ego's
mc2kingdom
@mc2kingdom
2 months ago
3 posts
To the entire empath community....I believe all of these amazing gifts, everyone's gifts, even if they are not HSP, can only come from the Holy Spirit who lives in Jesus Christ and his followers. His word, the Christian bible has proven to be true, there is historical and archaeological evidence of his existence. Atheist criminal investigators, such as Lee Strobel, gave their life to Christ bc the amount of evidence found during the investigation was so overwhelming. How amazing is that! Watch the movie Case for Christ and read his book of his story. He put Jesus Christ on trial, and Jesus won! How do you like that! He is so good and he loves all of us, all you have to do is submit to him, give him control of your life, pray and read. No amount of sin except atheism can take away his gift of peace, love and salvation. Think...do you really believe this world is all there is? Turn to Jesus and eternity is yours, with him. My prayer is for everyone's salvation. mc2kingdom
mc2kingdom
@mc2kingdom
2 months ago
3 posts
Quick question...has anyone been dealing with people seeming insanely jealous bc of your gifts? It is very overwhelming to deal with. Jealousy is a strong emotion, and if not dealt with, you can really hurt people badly. Jealousy is like anger and envy mixed and it makes people rage and act out. I have been struggling with this. Does anyone have any experiences they want to share on this? People can really ruin relationships with others who want to love them bc they are so insecure and not dealing. Any tips on how to deal with this behavior?
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
2 months ago
761 posts
Lol...no...because I can't tell a non empath about my gifts....and i don't think anyone on this site would be jealous of my gifts since they have their own....lol...
Indigo Dog
@indigo-dog
2 months ago
13 posts

Cat-Whisperer said it best. I must admit when a Sensitive looked into my soul and just told it like it was, I was shaken. No one likes to feel vulnerable. No one likes to face thier hang ups and dark places. I pay more attention to how to soften my responses and be mindful of how the listener might feel if I reveal something personal to them. I know I am impulsive and awkward in social situations and say things without thinking too. I make mistakes. I give myself a lot of slack. I have lost friends, however I make friends easily. People love to talk to me and share the most personal details. One thing I have learned is that sometimes the thing that is most disturbing to me when I am confronted with a friend or family members behavior is really just a mirror of my own faults. They are just meeting me at that vibrational level. The negative that I see is really the parts of me that still need some work.

eri_ameonna
@eri-ameonna
3 weeks ago
32 posts

I totally agree with @cat-whisperer too.

Looking at it from a non-empath's perspective, it is normal to back off when someone "reads" their minds, or feelings in this case.

So I probably will never be able to tell others that I am an Empath.

These days, I just imagine that we Empaths are superheroes, with superpowers that are kept secret to the whole world. I know, pretty childish, but that makes this whole Empath thing not too overwhelming for me, since I am just starting to embrace my gift and develop it.

LoconnorO
@loconnoro
3 weeks ago
149 posts
@eri-ameonna
Thank ou for the response! I’ve been understand this experience for about 2 - 2 1/2 years now, and if you need any pointers or help I might be able to help. Or maybe we can both learn something!
From the start I will recommend meditation and setting alone time, for me the best time is at night.
Thank you for the comment and best of wishes!
eri_ameonna
@eri-ameonna
3 weeks ago
32 posts
Thank you for the recommendation @loconnoro.. I'll try meditation for sure 😊
water_lily
@water-lily
one week ago
87 posts

I usually don't tell people. I grew up in a kind of conservative environment and even though one parent recognized something was a bit different about me, she talked about it as something I shouldn't mention. I think she was protecting me from the reaction I would get from my extended family. I've mentioned tiny pieces to people but usually only after they've noticed a pattern and I usually dribble a little information before slamming them with it. I am also around scientific minded people a lot (I work in a STEM field). I wouldn't say anything to a work friend although I get the feeling that they wonder why I am always so emotionally supportive, haha.

I also think my case is a little different because I always knew something was a little weird about me (I could guess what month people were born in based on their appearance, I would get physical symptoms of non-contagious sick people around me, I would feel more sad for others than for myself, I'd know when shuffling a deck of cards when it felt "right" and I'd always win those hands, I knew where pressure point were long before I had ever heard of the term, etc) so I never had a big coming to terms with what I was moment that I would need to share with others. I just had a "oh, good there is a name for this and other people feel it too" moment. In church, I was always told to listen to the voice of God, and I guess I always thought my intuition is what it meant; in retrospect,  I don't think the people telling me to listen to the voice of God would agree.

To be honest, I don't think my not telling people is entirely fair to me, but in character. I am so concerned by how they may feel that I forget to worry about how I feel and that I need to sometimes be the emotionally supported rather than the emotional supporter.

Loconorro, specific to your first paragraph, I wanted to share with you a quote that I have loved for a long time. It is about faith of a religious nature, but I think it relates to intuition and faith in what is guiding your intuition, whether or not you happen to believe in a higher power. Reason and faith do not have to be opposing forces.

"Faith is for that which lies on the other side of reason. Faith is what makes life bearable, with all its tragedies and ambiguities and sudden, startling joys." 

- Madeleine L'Engle
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
one week ago
149 posts

thank you @water-lily, I definitely believe in some sort of higher power. I'm not so "religious" and live by the bible as I used to, I just don't think a lot of things that are taught today were what Jesus taught. I've been looking into a bunch of different religions, just because i feel that most religions have so much to offer, spiritually and just different way to think on something. Thank you for the quote too! Quotes are something that I love, half of my storage on my phone are taken up by quotes... 

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
one week ago
704 posts
LoconnorO:

thank you @water-lily, I definitely believe in some sort of higher power. I'm not so "religious" and live by the bible as I used to, I just don't think a lot of things that are taught today were what Jesus taught. I've been looking into a bunch of different religions, just because i feel that most religions have so much to offer, spiritually and just different way to think on something. Thank you for the quote too! Quotes are something that I love, half of my storage on my phone are taken up by quotes... 

Since my awakening, I do not follow any one religion either. I have found truth to be in alll religions. It’s like looking at a map.....you can pinpoint one destination but see a lot of different paths leading to the same destination. Everyone has their own path to the same truth. I’m also a quote junkie....my phone is full of them too, lol
Blessings
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
one week ago
149 posts

@cat-whisperer I have to be honest, Buddhism has really stuck out, at least some of the teaching. I love them. I'm still exploring, and now I'm headed towards just looking into Native American religion and culture. I'm also naturally very scientifically minded so my brain is just all over the place with what I expose it to lol...

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
one week ago
704 posts
Buddhism sticks out to me too, as does Hinduism. I have always resonated with Native American religion and still practice some of the beliefs of such. I have been drawn to Native American culture even as a young child. In one of my many reincarnations (goes back to the Hinduism) I was a Lakota woman so perhaps it is carried over from a previous lifetime.
updated by @cat-whisperer: 10/10/17 07:17:29AM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
one week ago
471 posts

@loconnoro:

I find it easier to not tell people about my abilities. I think when you open up on this topic with people that some people will think you are crazy. Others will think you're a witch or have joined a cult. While others aren't comfortable with you being able to interpret their energy or read their minds. And I've had some that tried to debunk my abilities and got confrontational suggesting that I should know what they are thinking. While others got frustrated that I couldn't read their palm or tell them if they are meant to be with their boyfriend etc... Long story short, it opens up mostly negative results when you tell people who you are. The world currently does not understand us or believe that our abilities are real.

However, that said, I am still able to use my empath gifts to help people when I feel I can help even without them knowing what I am. And instead of them thinking I'm some weirdo or other label, they just think I'm a good listener and that they always feel better after discussing problems with me. And I'm okay with that.

You and I have touched on the subject of friends and relationships before. And as an empath it is always akin to walking a tight rope. I personally am very sensitive to people's negative emotions. I can be around really good people but if they are going through a bad day or tough time, that negative feeling makes me have a bad time being with them. And then my opinion of them gets clouded since my brain remembers not feeling good around them the last couple visits so I dread seeing them again. I went through a period where I had a tough time finding anyone who made me feel good to be around. I have since had to rewire how I interpret energy and even turn the volume down a bit so that I can be around most people.

My advice would be not to tell people initially who you are. Let them decide to be your friend based on their interactions with you without the added label of empath or psychic. 

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book