Empathic practices

To post a reply, login or signup

Zacharias
@zacharias
4 months ago
75 posts

I've been reading all of your posts for 5 years now. It's been a wealth of information that has pulled me through the dark times and keep me from permanently leaving society. I thank you all for your wisdom and guidance.

I moved out of a very small town where I stayed hidden for 20 years. For the last 5 years I've been living on the outskirts of a  fairly large city. This gives me the ability to pick and choose who I interact with. I find myself drawn to activities I would never do on my own, but end up being a form of therapy. I consider these empathic practices.

Any time an unspoken bond is created with a group of people I like to be in the middle of it. I get to listen to them and they seem to hear me (some do). We exchange impressions which increases commuication. One of these practices seems to be singing in choir. So for the last 2 years I've been a member of a Baptist church choir! For a 45 year old metal head like myself it's fairly crazy.

Before you start making any kind of judgment, let me explain. First off, I am not a baptist. I went to this church because I was led to it. I thought it a great way to get over my animosity against the church. I felt strongly this was something I needed to do anyway. It wasn't reason I went. I'm reluctant to say that God told me the answers to my questions would be there, but that was my perception of events. I found the people to be very open and genuine. I was accepted by them and started singing with them. 

I didn't know these songs they sing, yet I always do. I know the words and the notes right before we sing them. I don't need to practice the music because these people have been in choir most of their lives and know the music well. I simply visualized my circle of power expanding out to cover the choir loft and I sing without thinking. I can't read music so I don't bother looking at it.

These people have a deep bond with each other, yet they don't seem to be aware of that unspoken communication that I am, more or less, eavesdropping into. I will never be able to explain to them what I sense going on because they are not open to the idea. That doesn't seem to matter. These people are practicing empathy! I have found by mingling with different groups at the church that they are doing the same thing in many different ways. It's not just singing and worship service. They have a way of leading these different groups into lowering their defensive walls and triggering emotions that they share.  What I feel from it, at times, is being enveloped in perfect love. It's like visiting heaven.

I would love some incite into this, as well as, other groups of people you see growing in this empathic awareness that seems to be spreading.  

Zacharias
@zacharias
3 months ago
75 posts

Ok, here's another one: Aikido

Of all the different martial fighting methods Aikido is the only one that claims to be a practice in empathy as well. The reason for this is how they practice. You train with a partner. You take turns. One person attacks, the other defends. You do this four times, then you switch. It takes a lot of non verbal communication to respond correctly and not get hurt, or hurt others. Your not suppose to speak on the mat but in most dojos the rules are pretty lackadaisical. It's called the martial art of peace, but people seriously get the wrong idea about what that means.

For me personally, my training increased my awareness of where people are, and helps to discern their intent. In any conflict you have to figure out if they really mean you harm or if they're just barking. Otherwise, you can escalate a situation that didn't need to be. When it comes to conflict I'm so glad I'm an empath. But most of time.....

I'm looking for more of these places where people are creating bonds and learning to empathically communicate. You understand if they do, we can have peace.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
476 posts

@zacharias:

I love your posts. You have brought up some new and fresh topics.

I think if we did a community poll we'd find that about 99% of empaths are very drawn to music. This is a common trait. Remember the old saying that "music calms the savage beast"? There is something to that for humans as well. Heck, there is even scientific proof that music helps plants grow. And it's to the power of 10 for empaths. Music is a necessity. I enjoy music as part of my grounding process. I put my favorite tunes on in solitude and sing along. And the layers of stuff from the day just peel away. Sometimes it is such a beautiful experience that it brings me to tears (and I am not a crier).

And on that note, choirs can be quite angelic and magical. What you noticed about the love and cohesiveness when singing in a choir makes complete sense to me. You are raising the vibration of the room when the choir sings. You are calming and projecting love to each other and to everyone who listens.

All of us over time learn our true calling or key skills. It sounds like you have found yours with the choir. And while the choir by itself can raise the vibration in the room, I would say you as an empath are raising the vibration of the choir. You are relaxed and happy and are projecting your love and gift. And that is making the choir as a whole, more powerful. I would not be surprised if people at the church pull you aside after service to let you know that the choir moved them and healed them. Music is indeed magic and healing.

Zacharias
@zacharias
3 months ago
75 posts

Wow, yes. People come up to me after say things like this time it was different, or better. I see that my presence has an effect, but I don't know what I'm doing. I feel that if I think about to much it won't happen. So this is something I'm not trying to figure out. 

Sunday one of the girls sang a song that overwhelmed me. I couldn't help but cry. She has been one I've watched since I've been there. She's the most beautiful loving caring being in that church. I am in awe of her. That's her gift.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
476 posts

@zacharias:

That's generally how it works. I find with empathy, it's hard to focus on using your gift for personal reasons. If you try, it would probably be muted. But when you use your gift from a position of joy and love, you can really raise the vibration and effect a group of people. I think you are seeing that. And it is making your feel really happy. That's awesome.

Zacharias
@zacharias
3 months ago
75 posts

It is awesome. The change I made was to stay around people that work at it. They have to want to grow and become better than they are. I find that I can't help those that don't want help, and even if they do, they have to ask for it. I'm blocked otherwise and I waste my time trying. I am subject to the spirit of others. Once I realized this it was easy to find those that could help me.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book