Empath meme

To post a reply, login or signup

TigerLily
@tigerlily
4 months ago
303 posts
I saw this meme and wanted to share....

"Oh you're a narcissist well I'm going to introduce you to an empath to humble you so you know what it's like to value, respect, and love someone other than yourself.
So you're an empath, we'll I'm going to surround you with narcissists so you can toughen up, realize your ego and value yourself more than you value others."
Piscean225
@piscean225
3 months ago
10 posts

I love this.  Thank you for sharing.

Raindancer
@raindancer
3 months ago
27 posts

Too bad that there is any need to toughen up and learn to take care of own needs.  If everyone was an empath, would there be any need for that?   Problem in learning self care is if getting too burned the pendulum may not fall to the middle but swing and get trapped at a different extreme as hurt and mistrust rules.   There is wisdom to that Tigerlily, just sadly a wisdom that i wish need't exist.  As things are, there may be a sad truth to it, just one that hurts for it being the truth.   

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
3 months ago
467 posts

@tigerlily:

Great meme. And so true. Although as an empath it is painful to learn lessons from the punishment that a narcissist will cause. And I would imagine that blade cuts both ways.

Piscean225
@piscean225
3 months ago
10 posts

@raindancer

I agree, it is sad that such a wisdom exists (and is true!).  However, now that I have awoken to my gift and to the empath/narcissist dynamic, I see and appreciate how powerful the lessons I received from them are.  The narcissists in my life have made me a much better person and empath and I hope I have made them better in some way too. 

updated by @piscean225: 07/11/17 02:48:43PM
Zacharias
@zacharias
3 months ago
75 posts

I have to share this: I showed this post to my wife. I want her to know herself better and understand the dynamic she created. It made her feel bad. So I told her, don't worry, there are many people much more screwed up than you are. She said, "That is the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me!".

Hi Honey, I'm talking about you. You know it's cause I love you so much!!! Just the way you are.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book