Staying positive when worried about sick mother?

To post a reply, login or signup

Bookworm
@bookworm
5 months ago
85 posts
Hi guys

If anyone has dealt with similar issues I would really appreciate any advice!

My mother has been ill for a while, went to the dr and they ran a lot of tests and found a big tumour in her right lung and some smaller ones in her left. I was anxious about this but tried to stay positive and keep sending her positive thoughts and love (I don't live very close to her)
After further tests they have said that none of the tumours are malignant, which we were so happy about - but today her surgeon confirmed that they are worried about the big tumour in her lung and because of where it is they are going to remove her entire lung.
I am trying, again, to stay positive but really struggling. Also I am scared for her and she is completely terrified (understandably I think! ) which is not helping at all.

So does anyone have any advice about how they might have coped with a loved one going through a really tough situation and staying positive and not letting fears and negative thoughts take over - I would really love to hear from you if so!

Thanks in advance xx
updated by @bookworm: 10/30/17 01:52:28AM
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
5 months ago
787 posts
Hi...well...i tend to look at everything from the energy level...and we are connected to family at the energy level....a lot of the emotions we experience everyday are actually from other people through the cord of attatchment that link us to those people...your picking up your mother's emotions and she yours...she's also in a hospital that has NOT been cleared of negative energies and she's picking those up and transferring those to you..try cutting the cord between you and her....it won't hurt you or her...but it should calm your own energy down....these cords will always reconnect when you see or speak to her...but for short term relief it works great...i also smudge myself before or after i go into a hospital as protection from those negative energies or to cleans them out of my own energy..i'm sorry your Mom is sick...i hope all goes well for her and you...
updated by @womanwhowalks: 06/28/17 12:40:14PM
Bookworm
@bookworm
5 months ago
85 posts
Thank you @womanwhowalks, I'm sure you are right about the energy and us both picking up each others emotions - I can feel how frightened she is. Thanks for your advice and kind words, I really appreciate it x
Finding Peace
@finding-peace
5 months ago
11 posts

Hello Bookworm. I am sorry to hear about what your mother is going through. In times like this it is hard to find the positive in the situation. When I can't find the positive I go out into nature and recharge. Could be as simple as walking on the earth with bare feet or sitting under a tree and reading a favorite book. I feel you have a connection with water, so maybe go for a swim or sit a little wading pool and relax. Remember, you need to take care of yourself first. Try to recharge daily during this time. You will find yourself happier and more ready to face whatever comes your way. I do suggest today you find some time for yourself and take your favorite book and a cup of tea and find a patch of sunlight to sit in (if it is too hot outside inside by a window will do) and lose yourself in the book. You will feel so much better afterward. While it may seem you are going through this alone I promise you that you are not. We are here for you. I am always here and ready to listen if you need someone to talk to. I am sending love and light to you and your family. Many blessings.

Bookworm
@bookworm
5 months ago
85 posts
Thank you so much @finding-peace, your words mean a lot <3
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
5 months ago
728 posts
Hi @bookworm
Sorry to hear that your mother is going through such a hard time....not only physical but mental. It does take its toll on the entire family as well. For what it's worth, my mother went through the exact thing as your mother. She was repeatedly getting tumors in her lungs which did end up with one of her lungs being removed as well. She lived for several years afterward with only the one lung...so it can be done. I cannot speak for your mother's situation, but with mine, she did slow down. Understandably so since her oxygen intake was diminished. The doctors did give her medicine which would expand the capacity of her remaining lung. She also had to do breathing treatments and eventually wound up with an oxygen tank...but that was years later. I cannot sugar coat this, but she did wind up with more tumors...all cancerous. So they had to remove them from her remaining lung over the years. It did get to the point where they could not take any more, but again years later....like 18, since the initial removal of her left lung.
I also lived quite a distance from my mother while she was going though all of this. It is very scary and stressful. Her, you and your family will get through this. It is hard but it will be ok. Another thing that she's got going for her is the technology now is better than when my mother went through it years ago. From what I understand of it, the surgery isn't as invasive as it used to be when my mother had hers taken so that would be a plus for your mother. I am sending you healing, light and love <3 ....you can do this!
Blessings
Bookworm
@bookworm
5 months ago
85 posts
@cat-whisperer thank you for sharing your experiences, and for your honesty, you have really helped.

Thank you so much everyone for responding,I can't tell you how grateful I am for the advice and support of this wonderful community... but perhaps you already know! You are all amazing xxx

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book