What Are Your Favorite Empath/Medium/Psychic Movies?

To post a reply, login or signup

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
507 posts

For fun I thought I'd try to get a thread going for community members to post their favorite movies or TV shows that involve characters who are empaths, mediums, or psychics. Interestingly, I rarely see empaths referred to as empaths in Hollywood. But you can usually spot the empaths by their skills and special talents. I'll start off three of mine that I always liked:

Ghost Town (movie): Character Bertram Pincus  

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0995039/

*Bertram has a near death experience that turns on the empathy switch in him. When he awakes he can see and communicate with ghosts and is soon overwhelmed by ghosts wanting him to send messages to their living loved ones. This is a really funny comedy.

Unbreakable (movie): Character David Dunn

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0217869/

*The hero in the movie David Dunn learns that he has some super hero talents. But towards the end he also shows some psychic traits of touching people or objects and knowing their darkest secrets.

The Conjuring 1&2 (movie): Character Lorraine Warren

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1457767/

*Lorraine uses empath and medium skills in the movie to combat evil.

updated by @hop-daddy: 06/20/17 11:53:43AM
CalMidwester
@calmidwester
5 months ago
108 posts
Great post! Loved The Conjuring but a bit afraid to see the second one. It was intense!! I remember enjoying a John Travolta movie where he was struck by lightening - I think - and had psychic abilities after that, among other things.
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
507 posts

@calmidwester:

It’s a fun topic. And I figure we may all just find out about movies we haven’t seen that are worthy of a look.

You are talking about the movie Phenomenon:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117333/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_41

There is another movie similar to Phenomenon that also relates that is called Powder that is also pretty good:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114168/

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
5 months ago
728 posts
Can't think of any movies at the moment, but tv shows are The Dead Files and Haunted Collector. I know that John Zaffis is not a medium, but felt he deserves honorable mention here....love how he is always trying to help people with their "paranormal problems". That is the same reason I like The Dead Files....Amy is a very talented medium and is always doing her best in helping her clients.
What a fun post....thanks @hop-daddy 😊
After hitting the post button, a movie popped up....Powder is one of my favorites.
Blessings
updated by @cat-whisperer: 06/20/17 12:36:47PM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
507 posts

@cat-whisperer:

I love those shows as well. But Dead Files can freak me out at times as they investigate some really dark stuff. I am a John Zaffis fan and wish they hadn't cancelled Haunted Collector several years back.

JoniG
@jonig
5 months ago
33 posts
"Resurrection" with Ellen Burstyn! This was the universe's first message to me about being a healer...I LOVE those messages 💜 I was totally enamored with the concept. It opened my mind right now & my heart recognized the message. It was a beautiful thing & I'm still so very grateful for it!
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
5 months ago
728 posts
Hop Daddy:

@cat-whisperer:

I love those shows as well. But Dead Files can freak me out at times as they investigate some really dark stuff. I am a John Zaffis fan and wish they hadn't cancelled Haunted Collector several years back.

I agree, I wish they hadn't cancelled it either. For a while I thought they were going to cancel The Dead Files but they didn't. She is still having the show filmed but they have really cut back on her air time.
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
5 months ago
867 posts

I like Deliver Us From Evil; in my opinion Eric Banna played the heck out of his role as Ralph Sarchie. 

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
5 months ago
1,185 posts

I really liked the TV series Medium. Patricia Arquette got to play a normal person with a normal life who also happened to be psychic. It was the first time I'd ever seen someone with abilities as the lead of a show and not portrayed as an eccentric freak. Plus, it was based on a real person. This show de-emphasized the differences, which I really like, since I am tired of feeling like a different species. 

LoconnorO
@loconnoro
5 months ago
151 posts

I enjoy the TV show the good witch... that's all I can think of like that though haha

Zacharias
@zacharias
5 months ago
86 posts

Don't forget the TV show "Hannibal". The main character is an empathic FBI agent. 

RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
5 months ago
110 posts

Any where the character has an awakening.

Rene''
@rene
4 months ago
1,194 posts
The 6th Sence is one of my favorites.
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 months ago
507 posts

I just watched the movie Constantine with Keanu Reaves last night. It had some pretty interesting angel & demon themes with the Rachel Weisz character having empathic abilities. One of the themes to the movie was that there are angels and demons influencing humanity's actions and decisions. And that sure seems to be the case quite a bit in real life.

Angel
@angel
4 months ago
607 posts

I watch alot of Dead Files because I work the same type of Spirits and it's fun picking up on stuff and then getting it validated. I think Amy at times is a little out there, but for the most part, we pick up alot of the same stuff.

I also really enjoy Ghost Whisperer, again, same type of ghosts/spirits and other then Melinda doing criminal acts and not getting caught, alot of the episodes are pretty consistent when working with Earthbound spirits, so I can relate.

Zacharias
@zacharias
4 months ago
86 posts

I had never heard of the show Dead Files, so I watched the first episode last night and I'm hooked. I've always been curios about feelings I get from this places I've been to where I know something happened but didn't know exactly what or at least no conformation on what I believe happened. Amy is super cool. I really admire her for going though all she does. I use to run from it because it can be painful. She faces it and isn't afraid. I think I have a crush on her.

Indigo Dog
@indigo-dog
3 months ago
13 posts

Netfix has a new series about Empaths called Sense8 that is kind of fun, if a little violent. Lots of nudity, so be warned not safe for work viewing. lol

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
4 weeks ago
507 posts

In the spirit of Halloween, I thought I'd try to get this thread going again. Does anyone have any favorites to add?

Aiden
@aiden
3 weeks ago
32 posts

Hop Daddy:

@calmiwester:

It’s a fun topic. And I figure we may all just find out about movies we haven’t seen that are worthy of a look.

You are talking about the movie Phenomenon:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0117333/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_41

There is another movie similar to Phenomenon that also relates that is called Powder that is also pretty good:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114168/

Powder! Thank you for reminding me of this incredible film. I was 8 years old when this movie came out and still remember begging my dad for weeks to take me to go see it until he finally did. I didn't understand why at the time but the main character resonated with me so deeply. I rewatched this last night for the first time as an adult and was left speechless with how beautifully the main character describes the empath experience. Must watch for all empaths! 

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 weeks ago
507 posts

I was just thinking the other day that one of my favorite movies of all time, The Shining, has an empathic/psychic main character. In the movie, Danny is referred to as having “the shine”. I really like that term “having the shine” to explain empaths as I believe empaths put off a more vibrant energy and light.

http://screenprism.com/insights/article/what-exactly-is-the-shine-in-the-shining

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 weeks ago
728 posts
@hop-daddy
I’ll have to watch that one, it happens to be on Dish now. I had stayed in the hotel that inspired the movie years ago....neat place
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
2 weeks ago
507 posts

That story is one of Stephen King's best IMO. And the movie was directed by the late great Stanley Kubrick. I hope you enjoy it. Staying at that hotel in Colorado is on my bucket list. 

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 weeks ago
728 posts
Another one that I forgot about until I just ran across it is The Mothman Prophecies. Not about an empath per se but does show the difficulties of “knowing” things and how the general public treats those sort of things and the people that “know”.
The movie is based on happenings in my home state of WV, although not exactly following true to actual events or places. It happened longer ago that the movie suggests, some other details have also been changed. I do remember stories of this as a child, my parents knew of people that saw it too....a lot of people saw this thing. They built another bridge not far from the one that collapsed, not in the same location. I just remember being on my parents boat when we would get around that area and getting the creeps.....like you could feel the tragedy.....every single time.
Blessings
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
2 weeks ago
728 posts
Hop Daddy:

That story is one of Stephen King's best IMO. And the movie was directed by the late great Stanley Kubrick. I hope you enjoy it. Staying at that hotel in Colorado is on my bucket list. 

Great movie, thanks for suggesting.
ellicent
@ellicent
2 weeks ago
38 posts

Not a movie, but the Magicians on the syfy channel is good! They have a psychic character who gets very annoyed with other characters who have songs stuck in their heads.

Plus its just a pretty entertaining tv show. First season is on netflix.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book