Trying To Interpret Feelings At A Funeral

To post a reply, login or signup

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
531 posts

I was at a family funeral this week and had some interesting feelings that I wanted to share and reach out for comment. We were celebrating the life of my 98 year old grandmother who just passed. Due to her age and declining health, it was not a tragic event. We all saw this coming. In fact some of us were relieved for her that she died as she was pretty far gone mentally and is now in a far better place. But there was still some sadness and tears from her immediate children. 

We had the burial service out at her burial plot. And we all had the unavoidable situation of standing on the graves of others while at her service. She had bought her plot some time ago and there had been a lot of burials since that filled up the immediate area. I have to tell you, I do not at all like standing on the graves of others. It gives me the creeps. But at the start of the burial service I was hit with some pretty intense anxiety. My chest was super tight, my face was flushed. I was having trouble breathing. And I was pretty worried that I was going to have the embarrassment of a full blown anxiety attack. Luckily, the priest projected some levity and positive energy to all of us. And some funny stories in remembrance of her were told. That brightened the mood and my anxiety passed. 

Several years ago I was at a very sad funeral of an 8 year old boy that died. And the immense sadness that I picked up at that funeral was unbearable. He had died tragically and I have never since felt so sad and so low in a group setting like that. But I didn't have any anxiety, just deep sadness. At the funeral of my grandmother I just felt an intense anxiety. I wanted to throw these questions out to all of you as I'm starting to wonder if my empath radar needs to be tuned? Do any of you ever pick up on sadness in a group setting that comes through as anxiety? I'm also wondering if maybe I was picking up on some energy from the dead in the area that caused my anxiety? In any event, thanks for helping me figure out what happened.

updated by @hop-daddy: 10/10/17 07:42:00AM
Hermes.V
@hermes
6 months ago
104 posts
@hop-daddy
Sorry for your loss, she must have been an amazing person.
As I read this, I felt a sort of deja vu, hehe, it feels like we already had this conversation. Its worth a repeat still, this conversation is a good one.
Hop Daddy, your radar is quite fine. I believe most of what you picked up was from one of the dead. Probably the poor soul felt a lot of anxiety in his final moments. If you were standing on his grave, then that would deepen the tuning, much like if you made physical contact. Plus, of course your initial thoughts of having to stand on a grave might have some influence as well. I've had some experience at graves myself, and it's very interesting what you can pick up.
Btw, that priest sounds like a very interesting person. I wonder if he whispers to the dead too.
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
531 posts

@hermes:

Thanks for your feedback. After some thought I now wonder if maybe some of the attendees at the funeral were feeling anxious dealing with the topic of death and their own mortality? I wonder if being at the funeral made them think uncomfortably of when they might die and that's what I picked up on? Or maybe you are right and it was feelings from the deceased in the area I picked up on.

Hermes.V
@hermes
6 months ago
104 posts
@hop-daddy
That's also correct, I have that feeling also. It really is a good example of the workings of attraction and synthesis. The situation, the people, the feelings of some of the dead, they all got together. And this is where the priest is the main point of interest. In that moment, he cleared some of the anxiety that gathered there. Perhaps he is a conscious empath, or perhaps he is just very spiritually aware, or maybe all this happened unintentionally, yet an evolution of emotions happened. Sparks of higher vibrations are spreading across time, space, realms and dimensions. This evolution reminds me of transcendental meditation, where its not about trying to constantly be at peace, but to easily return to peace whenever needed. The more you get a chance to return to peace, the better you are at returning to peace.
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
6 months ago
803 posts
Hi hop-daddy....yes you were picking up emotions of people buried at the cemetery....amd quite possibly your grandmother was a bit anxious...they have a new neighbor so they could be a tad anxious...i've walked thru a few cemeteries and they are anything but quiet....the brother of a friend of mine passed away...seems the brother is not quite happy with his placement in the grave site...so my friend has to go out and smudge calm things down....one time I was 'taken to the gravesite of a person I did not know...but it seems this person had been...either living in my former residence at one time or he was in my house as a spirit....probably both...when I stood at his grave site all I heard was foul language....totally weirded me out...but it was the exact same voice I heard in my house...i guess my guides wanted me to meet him in a different place...and the dark energy mass that hung over his site was NOT pleasant....so I spread some ceder on his grave...i can only assume that in life he wasn't a nice guy either...anyway I don't think your radar is off at all...it's just trying to interpret the receiving of energy or emotions because spirit has the SAME emotions as living humans...lol...
updated by @womanwhowalks: 06/07/17 06:19:42PM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
531 posts

I was recently reading an article by this medium who basically states that the spirits of the dead have completely moved on at death. Although I don’t personally think that is true for all buried there. Here's the article:

http://www.erinpavlina.com/blog/2017/05/do-deceased-people-care-where-or-how-they-are-buried/

But I do have to say that graveyards have always made me feel off and a little dizzy. There must be some sprits left behind that have not crossed over that give graveyards this vibe.

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
6 months ago
803 posts
I don't think That's true at all...the dead DO go to their own funeral..and there are other spirit present as well....my Uncle was present at his funeral...a friend of my friend passed away and after he died he asked me if I wanted to go to his funeral...he was looking forward to it...lol...and he's still present when he wants to be....i've heard my Grandmother at family gatherings...etc....i had a spirit in my house who invited me to visit his grave....i got there and he said Oh...you came...and I visited and sat with him for a bit....i had no idea who he was....never met the man...but his spirit is still around and he seems happy...just because their body is no longer functioning doesn't mean the essence and spirit of the person no longer exists...or has 'moved on'...
Hermes.V
@hermes
6 months ago
104 posts
That's an interesting article and a valid opinion piece. Though it's an opinion piece, I wouldn't say it's not true, rather it is quite true and clarifies a lot of things. It is often quite perplexing to explain the question of those who 'move over'. In actuality, the question is not perplexing at all, though it is quite complex. And, when things are complex, it is best to simplify by changing angle, perspective, and/or focus. So let's change perspective. For most people, they/we view time as linear, for that is how science views time. Science views time in a linear fashion because that how science evolved initially, as linear records written on pieces of paper. Paper is, as we can easily ascertain, very linear. The physical world we live in however is anything but linear. It is linear to those who wish to view it as such, yet it can be non-linear for those who wish it as such. We will perceive what we wish to perceive, for Reality works in fractals. Time is in fractals, nature us in fractals, energy is in fractals. Mystics of the past have talked about the kaleidoscopic universe. In 'time' mainstream science will catch on with M theory and string theory, which seemingly talk of the same thing, just different aspects of the same.
So how does this all relate to the story of the dead? Well first, no one moves anywhere when they die. There is no here/there, these are perceptions. Secondly, no one is 'here', no one is anywhere, place is a conception. It is very 'true' in this reality, don't get me wrong. To function well within this reality requires good mastery of time and place. Just that as it relates to the dead, time and place do not mean as much as they do to physical human. Time and space also mean little to the astral traveller or mystic, only as much as is required to function in this reality.
So, what does mean much? Well, emotions and beliefs mean a lot more than places in time. When we tune into a particular memory, it is usually by tuning into particular emotions or vibrations. That is also how events relate to each other. Time is meaningless, emotions however are maningful. Without an event, a particulr date is meaningless. Because of the emotional intensity if an event, a date gains meaning. It is around these meanings that everything else is arranged. For instance the Kennedy assassination is very meaningful, it touches many people. We now arrange events that lead up to and are affected by this particular event.
Funerals, are mostly quite meaningful. At funerals, we dedicate memory to the recently deceased. From another perspective, what we are doing is attuning a particular place to the vibrations of the deceased. It becomes a focal point connected to that person's particular energies. Of course this does not mean that that particular person's energies are located there. It just means that its easier to connect to the energies of that person from that partucular place. On that note, memorials can be particularly interesting. Memorials do not necessarily contain the bodies of the remembered. Sometime they are simply plaques or small structures. Still, because of the focusing done over time, by close friends and relatives, memorials act as gateways to the energies of the remembered. Sometimes more so than at their actual graves. Books, I have found, can act in much the same way, and this can be interesting for those who want to explore.
So here, I am acknowledging both what Erin wrote, yet also what Karen wrote above. Both are quite true when taken into perspective. Although when Erin mentions 'merely symbolism', I do wonder, for symbolism is a central part of attuning and perhaps the adjective 'merely' is less relevant. Perhaps merrily would fit better, 'merrily symbolism'.
updated by @hermes: 06/08/17 05:21:56PM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
531 posts

@hermes:

Another great perspective from you. Although I would say that in this life, things do need to fit into our perspective on reality and time in order to have meaning. There is here and there is there in this life. We just don't fully understand where there is until we get there. It’s a bit of a science riddle. And yet I completely get what you are saying. It reminds me of the movie Interstellar movie that came out a few years ago that tried to show the viewer that time is relative.

I usually agree with most of what Erin Pavlina writes. But on the subject of gravesites, it didn't seem to resonate with me as true. Maybe it works like that some of the time. But as Karen said, there are plenty of examples to the contrary.

Hermes.V
@hermes
6 months ago
104 posts
@hop-daddy
Thank you, your words are much appreciated. Also, I was just thinking of watching Interstellar again. Really one of the more intriguing movies of recent years. Coincidence, or synchronicity perhaps, hehe.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book