Bloating and weight gain from toxic energy

To post a reply, login or signup

TigerLily
@tigerlily
5 months ago
303 posts
This is a weird one, but has anyone experienced weight gain from negative energy? I've had a lot of negativity with some friends recently and basically had to take a break from them, same with work I'm taking a lot of vacation time. I feel like my gut is bloated, and the scale has gone up. My digestion is off too.
I get it has to do with your third chakra. I'm trying this "I don't care" attitude, but that's hard because I start shaking if I don't help. Then I'm stressed all day if I don't help, like it lingers. I started exercising again, and I can honestly say that is the best energy cleansing for me. All that pent up energy I guess and I can run and bike for miles and miles, and not feel tired.
updated by @tigerlily: 09/18/17 03:33:32AM
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
5 months ago
270 posts

It's really not uncommon to add extra physical "padding" as energetic protection.  

(short answer - sorry, got to go sleep! - that's my "padding")

TigerLily
@tigerlily
5 months ago
303 posts
It's people negative energy. And yes, the stress has had me off a bit trying to focus on me as I'm too mentally exhausted at the end of the day. I tried finding the "joy" to help others, as it can be rewarding. But then they just cling to me like a leach. Leading me to then turn very negative. It took ALOT of motivation to just get up for a run and a bike ride. And the negativity I got from friends about that too.
JoniG
@jonig
5 months ago
33 posts
Thank you! This is yet another piece in my puzzle! I DO experience this...I just hadn't put 2 & 2 together yet...I will ponder this more...hmmmm...
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
5 months ago
709 posts
It could possibly be your root chakra is becoming active. Check out the link to other chakra sensations
http://www.spiritportal.org/signs.html
Blessings
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
476 posts

I agree with @hoofbeats. It is true that many people gain weight when stressed or depressed. And as empaths we are flooded by those feelings most days so it would seem to reason that the tendency for weight gain would be there for us. If you ever go to an in person empath meeting you will notice that more than the average are a little over weight. It's a very common trait. I find myself grabbing some extra comfort food or adult beverages after a tough day. And that does add up for me.

I also have a bloating problem when I take on too much negative and aren't resting and relaxing enough. I can literally feel my solar plexus be sore or burn a little and then I'll bloat up in my stomach area. I recently had a particularly effective grounding session that completely deflated my bloated stomach in about 10 minutes. It was like watching a balloon deflate. That helped confirm for me that the bloating is empath related.

TigerLily
@tigerlily
5 months ago
303 posts
So when people loose weight from stress and depression, would that mean they are a narc???? This is just fascinating to me now that you all can relate.
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
5 months ago
762 posts
I gain weight without eating...i will just be getting ready to go to my parents for dinner...and I bloat up....and I feel it happen....i basically don't eat when I know I'm going because there's so much food...so I known this weight gain is stress related and not food related....i don't know if there's anything I can do for this...i'm kinda tired or worrying about it so I try not to..lol..
Karen2
@womanwhowalks
5 months ago
762 posts
Stress and certain kinds of weight gain is related to our cortisol levels and adrenal systems...loosing weight rapidly can be caused by something else....narcessists have human bodies therefore are susceptible to 'normal illnesses such as stress etc....when you add a narcissist to an empath system our stress level increases...it affects all our systems both body and energy bodies negatively...removing a narcissistic energy cord will rebalance our system...gotta get rid of those...lol
Corey Easton
@corey-easton
5 months ago
62 posts

Yeah bloating happens to me when I take on too much negative energy, also from attachments, make sure you rid your life if you can of negative people who "attach" themselves to you. I use to be so bloated for days at a time I could barely eat. I highly recommend this drink normally at your local supermarket should be in the organic section. 

GTs Enlightened Synergy Organic and Raw Kombucha Gingerberry, 16 Ounce -- 12 per case.

you get accustomed to the taste but this drink would take my bloating right away and also help with all the inflammation from jaw clenching

I noticed for me at least jaw clenching and bloating went hand in hand.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
476 posts

@tigerlily:

I see that @womanwhowalks gave you a really good response on adrenal issues that can cause weight gain. Many years ago when I was younger I went through some tough times and didn't eat much and I lost a bunch of weight from stress. But now that I am aware that I'm an empath, that doesn't really happen. I bloat out from my belly during times of stress and during times when I'm taking in a lot as an empath. But a side effect of being an empath is adrenal fatigue. Carrying around all that we do wears out our systems and you can have all sorts of imbalance. Cortisol is know as the stress hormone and it is a big one that gets messed up and causes weight gain. A good way t counter this is grounding meditation. And I take quite a few natural adaptogen supplements daily that help me keep my adrenals from getting out of whack. 

And to answer your question, having stomach issues and/or bloat is a very common empath trait. I think part of it is that we get a nervous stomach from what we take in. And then the solar plexus chakra below the heart at the top of the stomach is where a lot of empaths take everything in from the world. I know this is true with me and I run into a lot of empaths who will complain about a sore stomach or lower chest pressure after a tough day.

TigerLily
@tigerlily
5 months ago
303 posts
Yes, the adrenals are actually a "medical" thing I have. I get tested for them and even my dr doesn't understand why they are elevated on some tests, and other tests not. Looking back now, I can see how the stress is causing it. The bloat gets to me sometimes cause as you know it can hurt and be uncomfortable. I'm hoping now a consistent workout schedule will help with this. I usually run/bike ride through a forest by my house and I always feel great.
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
476 posts

@tigerlily:

In our busy society adrenal fatigue is a growing problem. But I think it's double or triple for empaths. Exercise by doing something you like to do is a great way to keep healthy. And I also forgot to mention that my wife had some sudden unexplained weight gain. She was even on a low cal diet and was still gaining weight by the day. She found out the culprit was a thyroid issue. She was put on some meds and the weight came right off. I don't know if that relates to you but I thought I'd throw it out there since a lot of people have thyroid issues.

JoniG
@jonig
5 months ago
33 posts
P.S. Looking back on my medical issues: hernia, gallbladder out, 3 c-sections, coneoscopy for pre cervical cancer, and colon cancer...all in the same region....coincidence? 😛
Angel.Light-Worker
@angellight-worker
5 months ago
15 posts

I say this in an article yesterday. Now I see it here. Yes. I am with you all. Bloating! My stomach will bloat sometimes so bad it hurts,, from being so big. Most of the time its flat. I don't look 1/2 bad in my pitchers. Then I have a thing to go to with friend, and yes there stress there, I want to look my best-and when I see the after pitchers I look huge.....I hate this.. I do have adrenal gland issues. I know I have thyroid glad problems, but the tests they do come back all normal! But I have s many of the classic thyroid symptoms, My whole thyroid id covered in nodules, I even have had biopsy's on some they are precancerous, but because the hormonal function is normal no one will do anything,, SO.. My body bloats like I look 200 and when I am normal I am 120... This really bothers me..

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
5 months ago
762 posts
Have you checked your energy?...cleared energy links and ethetic cords....i've found that these are a cause for stress in the body since the energy from them circulates thru the energy field aura and then thru the body....i feel LOADS better after I've done a cleaning of my energy....
Angel.Light-Worker
@angellight-worker
5 months ago
15 posts

Karen2: Have you checked your energy?...cleared energy links and ethetic cords....i've found that these are a cause for stress in the body since the energy from them circulates thru the energy field aura and then thru the body....i feel LOADS better after I've done a cleaning of my energy....

Angel.Light-Worker
@angellight-worker
5 months ago
15 posts

Angel.Light-Worker:

Karen2: Have you checked your energy?...cleared energy links and ethetic cords....i've found that these are a cause for stress in the body since the energy from them circulates thru the energy field aura and then thru the body....i feel LOADS better after I've done a cleaning of my energy....

Angel.Light-Worker
@angellight-worker
5 months ago
15 posts

Angel.Light-Worker:

Angel.Light-Worker:

How may I ask do I do a cleaning of my energy?

I'd anything to do this.. Thank You 

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
5 months ago
762 posts
Just Google How to cut etheric cords...or cords of attatchment....there are a few different methods...you just have to find the right way for you...doing a complete over haul and clearing of your energy field...your subconsiousnesses ...clearing toxic links hooks..will close up a lot of holes...and free up a lot of energy....it takes time and practice but It's well worth learning...
updated by @womanwhowalks: 06/06/17 10:39:50PM

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book