A question to male Empaths

To post a reply, login or signup

RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
6 months ago
110 posts
Or people who know one.Based on your personal experience or what you have observed in others ...are male Empaths a bit or a lot more "feminine " than regular males?

In a few weeks I'm seeing a gender psychologist and this is some of the information I'm presenting her.

I walk like a woman,on forums at times come off like a woman,all my friends are women,roommates have always been women,customers who have dogs that don't like men like me, I get hot flashes,my mood cycles,in public gay men and straight women hit on me and so on.As a male Empath I always thought being more female than male was sort of normal.So add all the emotional stuff that goes with being an Empath I'm thinking what I'm going through is just a natural progression.

Your thoughts?
updated by @ryuukogo: 09/28/17 09:54:05PM
Stills
@stills
6 months ago
13 posts
I'm actually quite 'masculine' in many ways I'm a typical guy. But I grew up an introvert. I pretty much was raised by my sister and mother so perhaps that got me in touch with my feminine side. I've always liked hanging out with girls but also need time with the lads too. It was a girl who made me realise I was an empath, she sort of got me in touch with my emotions and that's when I started noticing that I was picking up on other peoples thoughts and feelings.
igor
@neverquittter
6 months ago
13 posts

My female side is very strong as well... as well as my masculine..i guess these both like being dominant at times...growing up i would be confused sometimes, (i even suspected if i was gay when i was like 13, or 14 but i just came to learn i have a very dominant feminine side at times, even though my society (Brazil) does not tolerate much of this) by being sensitive sometimes you d be thinking more emotional and sometimes more rational. I just came to understand im my own thing, empathy comes first...i guess we empath can "go" various path, whatever we choose.

This gender world comes after all...but i feel more open talking to women than man mostly...man tend to hide their feelings and become numb, stupid

LoconnorO
@loconnoro
6 months ago
151 posts

Agh, this is a tough one. I should probably start off by saying I am gay, which immediately brings tons of stereotypes into the mix, but I'm not very feminine. I'm a mix honestly. Growing up I was definitely more feminine, but a while ago I noticed I'm slowly becoming more masculine, especially as I hang out with more guys. I'm kind of balancing out now, I'm not super masculine and I'm not super feminine. People are literally confused when they meet me, especially lately. I have an "average male voice" i guess you could say. I don't act or seem flamboyant or act to talk feminine, but I get people telling me often that I am "definitely in touch with my feminine side". But I've also been told that's a huge turn on to girls. 

I'm assuming this came up from being a little self-conscious about it, I was too, I grew up in a christian conservative home who were very against homosexuality and I thought I was extremely obvious. Really, if you are self-conscious about it, don't worry. Depending on how young you are, you could almost change/ grow into a more masculine version of yourself. You're a dude, regardless of how you "act". Some tips if you do want to feel a little more masculine, would be work out. That's by far the biggest piece of advice I could offer. It's uncomfortable for the first week or two, but it gets much better. That will actually increase testosterone. Another huge thing would be jsut get comfortable with yourself, inside and out. Confidence is one of the most attractive things to anyone, and it can be especially hard when you don't want to seem feminine, I know I've been there. The last thing would just make sure you eat a rounded and healthy diet, and get plenty of sleep and rest/ relaxation time. 

All in all, I am definitely in touch with my feminine side, but I'm not "feminine" if that makes sense. Most people are surprised when I do tell them I'm gay.

Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
6 months ago
373 posts

I think that the more we walk the spiritual path of self-discovery (and empath pretty much have self-discovery build in), the more balanced we get! That is the tantric way too - i.e. if one is stronger in ones feminine side, one tries to strengthen/ discover ones masculine side more, and vise versa! So the spiritually awake human will likely be more and more androgynous/ gender neutral inside, regardless of what he/ she looks in the outside!

Plus as Empaths we are often pretty unconventional anyway (being able to see through all the illusions, and all), so we will only adhere to gender stereotypes if we want to/ if and as how far they work for us....

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
6 months ago
272 posts

Wow, this appears to hit a note given the number of fast responses here Wink

I'm with @goodenergyhealing.  We tend to be more balanced. That includes more sensitive, more gentle, more open hearted ... all of which are traditionally feminine qualities.  

Good luck and blessings to you, @ryuukogo, on your self-inquiry!

Raindancer
@raindancer
6 months ago
27 posts

This may not be a matter of being more feminine per se.  It isn't even about sexual orientation really.  I think it is about integration.  How i mean that is though things have gotten better, our society still has behaviors it considers "masculine" and behaviors it considers "feminine".  We have our natural differences as set by biology.  Some may consider that some who are gay are more feminine, yet need that really need to be the case or do some who are gay not feel as intimidated by showing non-male stereotype ways about themselves?  You can use such terms as Jungian animus and anima or such, yet doesn't it come to balance in some ways?  In society, too often we say this is masculine and this is feminine and draw some arbitrary line down the middle and say a guy who shows any action past that arbitrary dividing line as feminine or a gal past that arbitrary line as "butch" yet in nature we would have much more overlap than we would difference.  We chose to make the division more discreet.  I wonder if your question could go the other way also.  What i mean is this:  Could a woman who is more masculine than her hyper feminine buddies be more empathic also.  HUH?  We may assume that empath is something under only feminine characteristics.  Yet when we sever much of who we are to conform to societal standards of masculine or feminine are we not also cutting out much of our own heart?   When we do this, how can we be as empathic?  Does this make sense for what i am saying?  Maybe to be in touch with the spiritual world around us we need more of all who we are, not just some societal convention that tells us to be this way or that way depending on our gender and sexual orientation.  The more we are us, the more we can be in touch with others in the fullest ways, both emotionally and in spirit.  I hope that makes sense.  It is just a thought.  What do you think about our being stronger in what we can sense based on us having more of who we are in the first place?  By nature we are more the same than not and when we throw that away to conform to some stereotype, we lose our gift to understand what is really happening out there as we no longer know what is happening even within us.  Oh, i read above and someone else said the same thing.  silly me i need to read the ENTIRE THREAD.  Hope i added to his point in some humble way. 

updated by @raindancer: 05/24/17 09:51:31PM
RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
6 months ago
110 posts

So giving advice to a transgender MTF  how to walk like a woman is "perfectly normal" Laugh

I will know in a few weeks how deep this Rabbit Hole of "feminity" I have gone down..thanks for the input.

Raindancer
@raindancer
6 months ago
27 posts

For my own part what i was trying to say is maybe it is not a rabbit hole of femininity as much as wholeness.  My best to you in achieving wholeness. 

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
6 months ago
726 posts
@raindancer
Yes, a female with more masculine tendencies can also be an empath. That would definitely describe me in a nutshell. As I was growing up I was the typical "tomboy"....it came along with a lot of bullying, however, as an adult I have learned how to balance the ying/yang and embrace both fem/masc
Blessings
Goodenergyhealing
@goodenergyhealing
6 months ago
373 posts

Cat Whisperer: @raindancer Yes, a female with more masculine tendencies can also be an empath. That would definitely describe me in a nutshell. As I was growing up I was the typical "tomboy"....it came along with a lot of bullying, however, as an adult I have learned how to balance the ying/yang and embrace both fem/masc Blessings

Yap - I am with you there. Both are important, and whereas through a lot of recent human history the feminine has sadly been suppressed, sometimes I get the feeling that with many current esoteric teachings the male is being suppressed! As in female = intuition = Good, and male = Ego = Bad - lol. Whereas especially on this planet, with so much to do, and so much in confused energies around, we need the rational to sort through our intuitions, and we need the active to keep going, get things done, and help initiate change! Balance is key - what we wear, who we have sex with, how we walk to me is really not important. To be fixated on sexual stereotypes is likely often rooted in fear or insecurity.... (NB plus I also like to consider that if we do incarnate repeatedly, our soul likely does not always incarnate as the same sex, because what would the fun in that? We would majorly restrict the experiences we could gain on our soul journey....)

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
502 posts

@ryuukogo:

It's interesting the variety of answers posted here on this topic. Through my own experiences and in reading similar posts I would say a large majority of empaths seem to be women. And of the male empaths poled in other postings, I would say that probably half of the males volunteered that they are gay. 

My view is that most women and gay men tend to be very good listeners and communicators. And that seems to fit in well as a core skill of any empath.

As for me, I would volunteer that I am straight. And I've had many women in my life tell me that I need to get in touch with my feminine side and be more sensitive to  their feelings. That puts me in an unusual category where I am a spiritual sensitive who at times needs to work on being more sensitive around women. I always chuckle when I think of that paradox. 

But I will close by sharing my belief that we empaths are actually all intended to have different traits and strengths. For a team or army to be successful it needs a lot of different people with varying strengths to complement each other and better the whole. And I like to think of us empaths as an army. We're here to help humanity through difficult times and we each have our own unique strengths and skills that we bring to the table.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book