Sense of Smell??

To post a reply, login or signup

LoconnorO
@loconnoro
6 months ago
149 posts

So this is going to be really odd and weird, and I'm still struggling to put this into words to explain this, but does anyone else experience the smell of someone else, even after they're gone or away from you (Anywhere from 10 minutes to Hours afterwards)? It always happens to me with someone with heavy/strong/intense energy. I'll smell them, we don't touch or anything, we just stand close to each other, but then I'll smell them for hours on myself afterwards. It's only happened to a few people, and it's usually has to do with how strong their vibe is, but it is so odd... It happens to me with most people, but it's only been so strong I notice it to the point I'm confused now twice. Any ideas on what this is? Its not usually bad body odor, and it's not whatever cologne or perfume they're wearing (Both times they would wear stuff), it is their body odor that I would be smelling afterward... Any ideas?

I also randomly smell people they're not around and I don't understand it at all... I've never texted the people to see if it's some sort of premonition, I mean imagine texting someone out of the blue, them wondering why, and you respond "I just randomly started smelling you" lol.... 

updated by @loconnoro: 09/23/17 02:41:12AM
lucky seven
@lucky-seven
6 months ago
10 posts
... yes, I do.
I'm assuming the smell comes when the person think of me(us).

When two or more people talking about me, I see them... visually but when someone alone thinking about me, I smell them in different ways. Sometimes it's cigarettes, things they eat, etc. I feel like their energy is visiting me.
Similarly, I can feel someone's ill- also catches it, too, right? That's what we do as an empath?
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
6 months ago
149 posts

I can tell when someone's ill usually extremely easily, but I don't pick up on other people's problems very well or quickly, but I do after a conversation with the person. The smell this is just so weird to me, I honestly think part of it has to do with some sort of attraction too when it's that intense, but idk it's very odd to me xD I'm reading up on Human Scent and Human VNO glands... it's very interesting... And since Empahts tend to be more in touch with their bodies, or can pick up on what their body tells them easier, it would make sense if this were to happen... Idk, it's so weird to me. But i definitely like the idea that it might be someone is thinking of me xD. @lucky-seven

lucky seven
@lucky-seven
6 months ago
10 posts
Wow, I see. Sorry, didn't mean attraction... thinking about me in a sense of ... any kinds of generic thoughts; it even may be like the person want to cheat me, thinking similarity to me with others, any kinds;

What I think is it's a way sth tells me whose energy is visiting me. But pretty a mistery to me the sensation is different like through vision, smells, ... not sure a strong beep sounds(loud) hearing...
LoconnorO
@loconnoro
6 months ago
149 posts

Ahhh, that would make sense. All people's "smells" stand out to me, but I certain ones REALLY stand out to me, and those are what I was wondering was some sort of attraction, I should have explained that better... But I think you're right, it has to do with some sort of Intuitive insight like getting visions and things...

Hermes.V
@hermes
5 months ago
104 posts
Interesting discussion. Clair-olfactory rarely gets much attention it seems, but yes, I do agree, it exists. I jave had experience before where people with certain emotions would give off certain smells. Negative emotions give off unpleasant odours, while positive emotions give off pleasant aromas. The way to recognize what the scents meant was either through coupling with the othe claires, most notably claircognizance, or by empathic observation.
It's a theory, but perhaps when you smell other people's smell on you, it might mean that their energy is still connected to yours. Try smelling after some energy clearing to see if clearing their energy also clears the smell.
lucky seven
@lucky-seven
5 months ago
10 posts
Oh, yes! When someone is rotten, they smell so bad! I wasn't sure it's due to their energy or not.

But, I smelled so bad from my boss and saying sth so bad to me. I felt so bad somehow rather than I felt angry. He was having a hard time anyway. And then, I bought him a piece of cake, and then, he was tearing and smell stopped. His personality recovered. Not completely but sth changed.

Difficult to be divine mind always but .. sometimes, give someone what they want is not a bad thing.

But it's different from what I sometime smell. Odor can travel...
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
5 months ago
704 posts
Smell is definitely my strongest sense. Yeah, occasionally the scent will stay with me for a while. Mine more so comes into play with danger signals....i.e. Smelling rubber before a tire blows out kinda thing or smelling smoke before a fire happens. Human odors are rather off putting to me...I try to avoid them, lol but sometimes that cannot be done. The smell that has the biggest imprint is that of someone dying, a sickly sweet kinda smell. Then there are different nationalities, each with their own distinct smell (not trying to come off as racist here, my apologies). Visitation from spirt often comes with a smell also.....their cologne or with smokers....cigarette smell. Very interesting topic @loconnoro
Blessings
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
467 posts

I don't have that happen so much from the living. But there have been plenty of times at my home where I've smelled everything from a stinky rotten egg smell to cigars or perfumes. We do have regular ghost sightings at my home so I just assumed it was them since I would walk in an empty room and get a very strong smell. As an example, about 6 months ago I was at home alone and I heard a woman humming a song in my kitchen. I went to investigate and did not see anything but could smell perfume.

LoconnorO
@loconnoro
5 months ago
149 posts

@cat-whisperer I've noticed that as well with nationalities... they don't all smell the same but there's something similar to different kinds of nationalities, I've always thought that but I was scared some people would take that the wrong way lol. This is really weird, but Ive noticed that I can smell someones body odor and for some reason I'll know something is wrong or if they're eating too much of something that could cause issues, things like that... It's weird... But I really want science to look more into this!

@hop-daddy I've  never had a ghost encounter before, the closest things that I've had was going into somewhere, and feel if it was a negative area with negative people, for example if a family fights a lot it feels like it stains a room almost, and it gets worse that that usually, or if it is a really positive and peaceful place. Usually the most peaceful places for me are outdoors in the woods, or somewhere religious or very spiritual. I don't know thought, a lot of churches feel bad to me to be honest. It's individuals homes of deeply religious people, whatever they practice, or just very happy individuals. But still not even ghostly but it seems related... sorta...

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
5 months ago
467 posts

@loconnoro:

It fascinates me that while we empaths are alike in so many ways, but yet we still have different skill strengths. I know a lot of us can see, hear, and smell ghosts/spirits. But not all of us. In my case I don't think I have ever smelled the scent of a live person who is not present. But I do pick up strong people smells when no one is around. And they are not familiar smells that I would assign to someone I know that is living. When I smell perfume or cologne it is usually something that I would expect a senior citizen to wear (like the original old spice cologne that no one but grandpa would wear). And then I often pick up the heavy cigarette stench of what I would expect would come from a chain smoker. Except no one in my home smokes and I don't have any friends or relatives that smoke either. But we also have a fair amount of ghost activity that usually precedes a smell so in my case it's pretty obvious where the association is.

In your case, smelling the living is curious to me. What's the significance? Is someone trying to connect with you and then you pick up their scent? I know often I get a person's name popping up in my head and then that person will email or call. That's how it works with me when someone is thinking of me. I wonder if the scent is your signal that a friend needs your help?

LoconnorO
@loconnoro
5 months ago
149 posts

Right now I'm still trying to understand why. I just start thinking of people when they need me, as the case for you, but I don't understand why I start smelling them. I'll be honest, I think it has something to do with how close they are or how close they get to me relationship wise

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book