To be or not to be....an Empath

To post a reply, login or signup

Piscean225
@piscean225
6 months ago
10 posts

Hi all,

I have been reading this board for a few months but this is my first post.  I was told by a therapist years ago that I may be an Empath after I came to see her after encountering a very dark energy.  I looked into it briefly at the time and it resonated with me, but I didn't really understand it.  Events in the last year have forced me to take a deeper look and learn strategies to help me.  Anyway, I have been going back and forth and doubting that I am an Empath and tried explaining away things that have happened that support that, intuition, etc.  Something reminded me of this Emergenetics Profile that I had done through my employer at work years ago (it's dated October of 2011).  I recalled that at the time when our team got the results we all kind of laughed at how different mine was from the rest of my team.  So I found it yesterday and it seems to support that I have a lot of empathic qualities.  I'm curious if any of you have had similar testing?  This was not an Empath test, it was a process our work team went through to learn each other's work/personality styles. 

P <3

Emergenetics profile.jpg

updated by @piscean225: 09/17/17 10:19:40AM
Piscean225
@piscean225
6 months ago
10 posts

Emergenetics profile.jpg

RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
6 months ago
110 posts

I have never taken that test for a job.Usually they were the Myers Briggs type.I have taken other tests that were also not related to an Empath but the results were always the same Laugh 

LoconnorO
@loconnoro
6 months ago
151 posts

That is so interesting. i think I'm going to look it up online and take it, I love all of these tests. Anyways, you look like an Empath to me, usually Empaths notice other people and pay attention to them so much because they can't help it, it's a pretty major sign. Really, the biggest thing for me is, when you go into public, does the environment seem a little overwhelming? (For example a Mall or something). Another thing is Premonitions and things, that gut feeling to reach out to someone or really when your intuition speaks to you (whatever form that will be). I've learned that really focusing on this gift has helped me the most. I try to fully experience my senses and then I really pay attention to the feeling of other people. I hope this helped at least a little bit. But thank you for sharing!

Piscean225
@piscean225
6 months ago
10 posts

@loconnoro thank you, yes it does help! I do HATE crowds and if I have to be out in one I tend to rush so I can get whatever I am doing over with.  And I do get premonitions all the time, most especially with my kids and the premonitions have turned out right so much that even my teenagers will stay home if I get a bad feeling from something.  I think because I have always been this way I thought that it was just me being sensitive.  I am still in the process of learning what to do with this and am trying to do what you are - fully experiencing and paying attention to what I am feeling - is this my feeling or not?  This is such an informative board, I am so glad I found it.

LoconnorO
@loconnoro
6 months ago
151 posts

Well you are sensitive, but it is most definitely not a bad thing. You take in so much more than other people usually do and it can easily overwhelm you since you are an Empath. Most people know what it's like to get a bad feeling about someone, and usually its their body responding subconsciously to that persons energy so they only know how they feel, even with that close encounter to another persons energy. HSP (Highly Sensitive People) go past how they feel and actually recognize energy and auras consciously.. But Empaths go a step further and feel the emotions and the things going on that effect and make a persons energy the way it is. It can be extremely overwhelming, but nonetheless a gift I've learned to love.

Anyways I'm happy for you! and I'm glad you posted something! Best of luck for you and those you love... And I would also Highly recommend looking into MBTI if you're into self development and things like that. you can check that out, for starters, by taking the quiz at 16personalities.com

indianmaiden90
@indianmaiden90
5 months ago
1 posts

This is my first post, I am tired of being an empath, I was told several years ago, by a very old friend who he too, is an empath. He taught me some grounding techniques, Took me to the Mall, which I absolutely HATED. I have learned a lot since then. I am a Security Officer, which I believe helps being and empath, because I am deaf on my left side to speech, not sound, I lip read and watch body posturing ,etc. But in my private life, ( my boyfriend has all the characteristics of a Narcisisst , my Mom plays on my sensitivities and cries when she wants something from me, my sister picks fights with me, and my Dad, well lets just say he was a career Marine, and as much as were are the same, we Clash) Both of my girls are empaths and introverts like myself. I always seem to pick Men who have no empathy or sensitivities to anyone, or any animals, they think my hobbies are strange and a waste of time, walking through the woods, taking pictures of nature. They hate that I have a college degree in Criminal Justice and want me to do a girly job, that I can not do, if I get bored I will quit, I hate when I feel lonely in a relationship as I do now, I hate this sick feeling in my stomach. I go from being fine to uncontrollable anger at home, I hate reading into things , but I am left with no other choice, Can I turn any of this of ?f, I am tired of how my sensitivities control what I do, not what I want to do

Piscean225
@piscean225
5 months ago
10 posts

@loconnoro, thank you for your input and I'm going to go check out MBTI.  @indianmaiden90 I identify with a lot of what you said.  Me being tired of it is what contributed to some events this last year that literally forced me to do something about it.  I very much have to "check-in" all day and clear whatever emotions are not mine. 

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book