Advise please

To post a reply, login or signup

Steffck
@steffck
6 months ago
14 posts

I need some input or what you feel what I should do ? Without going into a lot of detail because It would influence your decision ...i have been looking for place to rent my boss steps up and offers to buy a house . Me rent for a year from her then me get a loan and buy it .im not imposition to buy at the moment ... my boss has a very strong personality and can be controlling that's all I want to say about her

This is really weighing on me and I want advice please Thank you

updated by @steffck: 09/12/17 01:57:35AM
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
6 months ago
269 posts

Hi @steffck:

Yes, I get a gut level reaction to this but, more than that, I think so do you.  Your head is trying to convince you to go one way and your heart (and gut) are pulling in a different direction.  Time to claim your power.  As you wake up more and more to who you really are, it is no longer appropriate to give your power away either to your boss or to people here.

If you had to jump NOW, one way or the other to save your life, which would you do?

Blessings,
Trevor

updated by @trevor-lewis: 05/03/17 09:47:25AM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
6 months ago
471 posts

@steffck:

I love @trevor-lewis's answer for you to do a gut check and make your own decision. But if you are conflicted and really want advice, my gut is telling me don't do it. And I'm not sure how you turn down the offer of your boss without offending her. Since she is a controlling person this gives her even more control over one of her employees. And if at the end of a year you don't want to follow through and buy the house, I wonder whether this will damage your work relationship. She may very well mean well, but there would be a lot of strings attached having your boss as landlord.

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
6 months ago
269 posts

Well, @hop-daddy, if you are going to say all of the things I was thinking (but didn't say) then the least I can do is agree with you :-)

Angel
@angel
6 months ago
603 posts

My gut tells me "no". For a couple of reasons. First, you don't know what will happen in a year and if you will be in a position to be able to get a loan in a year. If you can't, or something happens, it could mess over your boss. Which leads to my second point, if anything does go wrong, it could effect your job and determine whether or not you keep it! It could be you can't get a loan, it could be late rent payments, it could be disputing over who will pay the plumber. I also have to question why your boss would be so generous! This is alot of money she is risking, and people typically aren't this generous without a reason. It's also an integrity issue and could cause problems with your co-workers.

But the main reason you shouldn't do it is because it doesn't sit right with you and there is a reason for that. You listen to your gut and you will be just fine. Don't let her push you into either, you need to do the thing that feels right for you.

Steffck
@steffck
5 months ago
14 posts

Thanks everyone for your advice.. 

TigerLily
@tigerlily
5 months ago
303 posts
Don't do it. I get it logically it sounds right to you. But it's your boss. Whatever she is charging for rent, she'll profit. And the appreciation of the home in a year of rent. She's only asking you so you take care of the house and won't trash it. That's what my gut says. Protect you first :)

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book