Reader freaked me out!!

To post a reply, login or signup

Snap
@snap
6 months ago
103 posts

I decided to see a reader earlier today. She freaked me out, and was very in your face and got reactive with any sort of doubt. What she said didn't resonate with me.

Examples, she asked me what I do and I said my day job is as a researcher and that I've got a lot of knowledge in many fields. She then went on to say I'm a scientist. OK, true. But I'm also a music composer, and have been since I was a kid. But OK .

She said she was an emotional reader. Said she was looking at past and future emotional states. She claimed in the future I was part of a group doing some kind of energy work and that there were horrid energies attached to the group somehow (not in but attached I gather she meant).

She kept hammering away with protecting my inner child. Now I suppose that's not unreasonable. The part that had me scratching my head is when she kept asking "If you went mad, how would you feel?" I said: "I'm not going to go mad, so it doesn't really matter". She referred to schizophrenics having bodies partly occupied. Perhaps, I just seriously doubt I'm going to be there, particularly as it's quite rare to develop schizophrenia after your 20s as a male.

On face value, she seems awfully fond of being right and to react fiercely to being challenged. It also felt like she had a lot of anxiety. I'm pretty sure that was hers! It's tough, though, because confronting things can lead to anxiety also.

I have no issue with doing protection stuff. I am actively doing energy stuff, but I'm not the type to get caught up with a group doing something like that. Although I don't know exactly what she meant, the whole idea seems bizarre albeit I did look into Monatomic gold and alchemy (and she mentioned alchemy). But I haven't gone back to it and certainly have no present intention of doing so.

Any thoughts? Weird.

updated by @snap: 08/28/17 07:16:54PM
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
6 months ago
269 posts

Hi Snap,

A couple of paragraphs from my book, "Thriving as an Empath":

In every profession, there are skilled people and there are those who are unskilled. There are people in the world who, in general, will look after your best interests. There are also plenty who will take advantage of you. The same rule applies specifically to psychics, intuitives, and healers. Ideally, you want to find the skilled intuitive who puts your welfare first.

Primarily, be cautious. If you use any manner of commercial psychic you may get quality information in the initial session, you may not. Trust your intuition. They may start telling you that only they can help you with the things they see for you. They may drop hints that they and they alone are privy to some secret information about you. At this point, get ready to run because the next line will be some variation of “Pay me lots of money and I can help you!” It’s a scam, and they are about to turn you into a victim. The more their seeds of doubt are rattling around in your head, the more you are hooked, and they are about to reel you in.

Bottom line regarding your reader - There are some people in the world you like and some you want nothing to do with.  Same applies to readers.  Some are worth running away from, fast! 

updated by @trevor-lewis: 04/24/17 03:54:30AM
Snap
@snap
6 months ago
103 posts

@trevor-lewis. Thanks, it's a good quote. I went to this person because she's in a store with crystals and so on that is run by someone who has a good reputation. I actually spoke with him before I went in. I've seen someone else at the store who was great, and gave me a number (159) that turned out through synchronistic events to have a very important message. Indeed, this other reader came out of the store after the session to tell me she got this number to pass on.

I've had nothing but good experiences with anyone in the store when buying things.

However, thinking about what you say, it's tough to get good people and only good people in any workplace. It may actually be worth talking to the owner and telling him it seemed a bit off.

Cheers and thanks.

updated by @snap: 04/24/17 04:12:02AM
Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
6 months ago
269 posts

Let me follow up with a little more from the book (much of which started from my replies to questions like yours on this siteWink).  This is from a different section that was originally written in answer to a questions about a perceived conflict between religion and being an empath but if you replace "religion" with psychic readers it continues the conversation between you and me:

At the level of our personal relationships, how do we interact with others around us? Is it on a basis of who can control who, with a winner-takes-all outcome? Or is it by mutual empowerment, where the only acceptable outcome is a win-win for all involved parties?

The temptation to give our power away is deeply embedded in our societies; from our parents and our schoolteachers to our religious leaders, spiritual counselors, doctors, and financial advisors, most of us were taught from an early age to yield to authority. Specifically from a religious viewpoint, ask yourself, “Does religion try to control me or empower me?” To be more precise, “Do the practitioners try to control me or empower me? Do they pretend to empower me by teaching me how to conform while speaking of freedom? What feelings do they engender in me?” Regardless of their words, if they speak of love but there is a tightness in your gut, ask yourself if they are instilling fear.

On the level of society, we are approaching full circle by coming back to partnership, from control. On the level of the individual, the rising awareness in empaths can be seen as a development from separation to oneness. Concurrent with that, the individual level is learning to trust what we are experiencing in our own bodies rather than what other people tell us we cannot or should not be experiencing.

Nobody can take our power away from us. Ultimately we either choose to give it away ... or claim it.

Blessings,

Trevor

Snap
@snap
6 months ago
103 posts

In a bit of a twist, I figured out what it's all about. I was getting drawn into something a bit cult-like. This just ain't me, I can tell ya. The reason I was caught off-guard is that the content is based on Hermetic principles that resonate deeply with me, but they're perverted. Also, the content ties in with other principles I've been taking more seriously lately and I'm more susceptible than usual because I'm simply over many aspects of my work.

Now I see your post and you've just reinforced the same message re cults!! Either synchronistic or you read between lines well :)

Cheers, S

Snap
@snap
6 months ago
103 posts

In a bit of a twist, I figured out what it's all about. I was getting drawn into something a bit cult-like. This just ain't me, I can tell ya. The reason I was caught off-guard is that the content is based on Hermetic principles that resonate deeply with me, but they're perverted. Also, the content ties in with other principles I've been taking more seriously lately and I'm more susceptible than usual because I'm simply over many aspects of my work and some doing soul-searching.

The way she said some stuff was off-base but actually this could have pretty much been a message to self.

Now I see your post and you've just reinforced the same message re cults!! Either synchronistic or you read between lines well :)

Cheers, S

updated by @snap: 04/24/17 06:45:07AM
Angel
@angel
6 months ago
603 posts

The problem that I have with the psychic you went to is having to be right. The reality is there is no psychic that  is 100%, 100% of the time. Sometimes psychics are wrong, sometimes the information gathered is bits and pieces or not interpreted properly. The fact that she was so pushy about being right and getting upset when being challenged is a huge red flag that she may not be an ethical reader. Every reader is different and if she doesn't fit with your vibe or your not really benefiting from her services, it doesn't always mean they are a bad psychic, it just means they are probably not a good fit for you. I would go to a different psychic or save some money and try to get one here and see if you can get a decent reading.

As far as the "occult" stuff, my mother tells me that I am "occultic" for doing readings, and being a medium, ect, but though I have always been drawn to more ancient knowledge and follow many of the old way's, I've always been drawn to it because that's who I am. I understand because I was raised christian so I was rejected since I was 5, but there is a difference between religion and spirituality. If your drawn to certain things, it's probably NOT because something evil is trying to make you fall, it's more likely because you connect to it some how. Perhaps your conclusion is less about a warning, and more the beginning journey of discovering your own spirituality. I  think being who we are, most of us are often forced to rethink the teachings instilled in us because it doesn't fit, but what does fit, is against those teachings. And this is where we take what we are taught and start to question it. This is where we start questioning everyone else's truth and start discovering our own. Who is your divine.. to you. And trust me, you won't get struck down with lightning, if I didn't you won't either :) But it sounds like you beginning a new spiritual journey of discovering a deeper spiritual understanding of yourself, of God or whoever your higher power is and how this is all a part of the creation of you. Please don't allow fear to stop you from true knowledge. This is a beautiful and blessed journey you are on and I promise, you will be blessed.

Snap
@snap
6 months ago
103 posts

I'm totally with you on her being compelled to be right. It doesn't sit well with me. Of course if I could see's right and agreed she's right, that could be fine. However I told her some of what she said just didn't resonate with me.

Fear won't stop me from seeking knowledge. Perhaps I gave the wrong impression.

There is a particular new age figure I started to listen to recently. I had strong doubts but at the same time I'm desperate to hear the kind of message presented, at some level.

I'm a strong believer that pretty much everything happens for a reason. I expressed doubts about the new age figure earlier in the day to a friend, then got this message about a dark-side. I only think the message attaches to this particular new age figure; it has nothing to do with spirituality in general and I remain on a spiritual path. It doesn't really have to do with Occult per se and I'm a very long way from being Christian (though I have a lot more sympathy for it than a decade ago).

I like the Hermetic and Gnostic traditions, and believe you have to follow your own path. And this may be the main point of today's events--to follow my own path and don't get too caught with a new age figure who is really, though subtly, a bit of a zealot for a narrow message.

I think the delivery of the message by the reader was pretty poor. She perhaps does deliver worthwhile message but not in a particularly effective way. However, intuitively it feels like I sought out this message for a reason--simply to save myself time and possibly pain by going down a route that's not for me when I'm soul-searching quite a bit. I need to stay my course, I think.

updated by @snap: 04/24/17 12:03:39PM
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
6 months ago
866 posts

Sometimes we encounter individuals who's need to be correct overrides his/her desire to assist the individual he/she is supposed to help.

If you didn't resonate with what she said then I'd tell you to go with your gut instinct.

If you didn't resonate with her delivery then I'd recommend looking at the information as if you were reading from a book, news article, etc. to see if you could gather anything of value from it in that context.

Best wishes.

Snap
@snap
6 months ago
103 posts

@nocturnes-angel  Thank you. I didn't resonate with her delivery and some of what she said. That's sage advice looking at the information as though read from a book or article. That's what I've done, intuitively I think--it helps to ignore some of the jarring aspects to cut through to the core message

updated by @snap: 04/24/17 08:24:45PM

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book