Just finishing my degree

To post a reply, login or signup

Corey Easton
@corey-easton
6 months ago
62 posts

Well I am graduating next month with a degree in Computer Science I am getting married soon and the material fear's I have battling has just want me to get a job in my field and make good money, but my spirituality is bringing me back to college to get another degree in psychology. I have done a lot of personal work lately to not regret the past and going for my computer science degree and to look at the positives and my personal growth from the experience. I need to find myself and my spiritual path and I know I will not be happy working in the technical field even though my light worker gift helps everyone around, I know I need to directly align my career with my gifts and psychology is what I am being guided towards.This should be interesting lol. When I used my spiritual gifts to heal myself of various mental disorders I was going through I vowed to always trust my intuition and angels even though my choices do not make sense to a lot of people I have been learning to step into my own personal power and make the decisions I want to make and not what other people dump on me. Sorry for the rant but maybe someone reading this is in a similar situation and just know only you know what is best for you :)

updated by @corey-easton: 08/17/17 09:56:28AM
empphire
@empphire
6 months ago
19 posts

@corey-easton

Congratulations! To me, its really inspiring that you stuck with CS even when your spiritual side was calling you down another path.

I am currently a sophomore, majoring in Electrical and Computer Engineering. I picked this major because I like STEM and of course, for the jobs/money. However, little less than a month ago, I had my "spiritual awakening" and realized that I was an empath. This realization seemed to halt my interest in STEM for a bit because I was very confused, lost, and felt the calling to give up my goals of being in the STEM field to instead go down the path of psychology or something spiritual. 

I've been able to reason with myself to stay with STEM (at least for now) as everything school wise is going fine. I have really good grades, love my classes, and even scored an internship for the summer, woot! But, I am still trying to figure out what to do after I graduate. Do I go on with my original plan with embracing STEM and then business with the end goal of being a higher up in a company? Or do I decide to pursue knowledge relating to the spiritual side of things, like using my ECE skills and knowledge to analyze the brain, heart, etc. Both of these paths have their ups and downs, in terms of financial stability and self fulfillment.

I wish you luck on your journey as I continue to ponder about mine :)!

Bing
@bing
6 months ago
545 posts

life 114.jpg

Good for you.  You will find the computer degree very handy as it will help you understand people's insecurities about the future especially with AI on the rise and the replacement of jobs that were done by people.

Psychology is a great discipline to study.  I have loved it all of  my life although I have never pursued a degree as I would absorb too  much of the negative energy of others.  I particularly like Jung and Rational Emotive Therapy by Albert Ellis.  It dovetails with Socrates and sociology studies.  I am on my 4 career and working on a fifth as a Lightworker writer.  I wish you well and always remember that we only regret the chances we didn't take.

Throw some love into the wind.

Bing

Kate
@kate
6 months ago
131 posts

I also had the same thing going but with a tougher luck... in my country there aren't many opportunities on what i would have had a personal drive for (psychology/special education/sustainable tourism/environmental sciences/even biology field) or they have a abd reputation for not being good, so I just went along with foreign languages since parents etc noticed it easy for me to pick them up. Ends up that it's so much the environment and people through which I pick them up and not the way they are taught at universities with no field trips, little to no interaction, games or auditory materials, basically just paperwork and whatever you can do at home. I realized I could have very well learned what I wanted to learn by staying at a host family from a certain nationality while doing something real for myself or for the career i was "draming" about. It's definitely not the first time normal education leaves me cold though (I talk - you listen, no projects, no interaction, I'm smarter-you're dumber type of stuff).

So what i am doing is I'm finding opportunities to go abroad (Europe) at the moment though it's pretty annoying being in the terminal year here and having to finish something that I don't like ^^. I am naturally artistic and I feel the need to draw all the time, read and listen to so many things, I can't just go conventional... 

It can be worse to have multiple things in mind that you feel like doing, rather than "just one calling". xD And going for the material aspect only? I'm afraid for me it works the other way around... by doing what I can dedicate myself to, I'm able to sustain myself. 

updated by @kate: 04/19/17 06:12:18AM

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book