To post a reply, login or signup

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
8 months ago
535 posts

@ohda:

Some empaths connect with animals. But you would be doing that all the time and would probably be more aware of that skill. It is possible that you are picking up on someone else in the area. Maybe a neighbor? About a year ago I was having a real struggle with this deep sadness that I was picking up on. It always happened near the front of my house and just walking through the house would take me from a good mood to tears in seconds. I could not figure it out. And then months later I learned that my neighbor across the street had been struggling with cancer and had died. He had a close nit family and I'm sure it was devastating for all of them (they were very private and I did not know them very well). I was picking up on all of that.

I also have picked up on emotions from ghosts before. Some of us pick up on that. It's a little tricky to know that is exactly the cause. But in my case I usually get this anxious feeling out of nowhere and then nearby will hear banging on the walls and ceilings or knocking on windows. 

updated by @hop-daddy: 11/10/17 09:38:14PM
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
8 months ago
410 posts

Yes, I can read animals' thoughts and emotions too :)

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
8 months ago
535 posts

I've read quite a few empath books where they say we can pick up people's feelings all the way across town. I personally tend to pick up people the strongest within a 40 yard radius. But I've heard from other empaths on this website that can pick up on feelings from people they know all the way across the country. 

Cheshire Cat
@cheshire-cat
8 months ago
1,194 posts

I find I can pick up animal's emotions the same way I can read human minds......only when there is a strong emotion being felt and a tie to me. Is one of your cats having problems with one of the other ones? I have had that happen, especially when a new cat is introduced, and I've picked up the resulting anxiety as they sort out the pecking order. 

I have always liked being alone and preferred it to being with the wrong people, so I've been happy with my spouse and just a couple of friends in life, but lately I have become profoundly lonely, to the point where I've become suicidal, crying all the time, and just started to see a therapist. I am  66, so this is a highly unusual age to suddenly become an extrovert! I only have a few friends, and most of them live far away, but I've been in situations where I had less friends than now and was quite okay with it.

I am wondering if it could be my nearest neighbor I am picking this up from, a woman who is quite nasty; nobody around here speaks to her anymore since she is so mean, and is therefore quite alone, except for her family in another state. We had to put up a 6 ft. high solid fence because she bullied me so much I almost had a stroke. I see black waves rolling off her aura. I've seen enough of her to know that she can't stand being alone, is what a shrink would call a "gusher", and is always on the phone with her family members releasing her emotions. Her family are like her, so there is constant screaming, which she seems to think is a normal way to converse. I wonder if I am picking up her loneliness and sadness.

It's awful, and no shielding, grounding, meditating, visualizing, expanding myself and letting it flow though me, etc. has helped. We can't move for several reasons, though I would make it happen anyway if it was up to me. She will not be moving, as she owns her home outright, told me she feels at home here, and has a good job, where she fills in for people in her job who are out sick from work at hospitals all over the country. When she is out of town, which is rare, I feel a lot calmer. She was fired from 4 jobs in a row where she was in one place all the time, since coworkers could not stand her. 

I feel this is the same issue, whether it's pets, family or neighbors. If it is coming from a being we cannot or do not want to escape from, what is the best way to keep it from affecting us? I agree that it is amazing we empaths are sane, given the world today, and the neediness I feel from almost everyone I meet. I guess I would not be considered  sane anymore, since I am so sad now that I want to leave this world, so how do we effectively protect ourselves?

GREAT question, Ohda! I hope someone has some fresh ideas!

Visitor
@visitor
8 months ago
303 posts

I feel lonely if I put my dogs in their dog run outside. So yes, I feel their energy. I think I'm picking up on my neighbors' energy too. One neighbor just lost her son in a sudden, tragic way, and she's inconsolable. So am I, even though I haven't lost anyone recently. This is kind of a sad little neighborhood.

Rene''
@rene
8 months ago
1,194 posts
I too am an Animal Empath. Yes. You can read animals like you do people. I personally think if it has a soul, I unfortunately can read it.
Visitor
@visitor
8 months ago
303 posts

Update: I got a new fence built and my dogs can RUN around the backyard freely now. So they're happier and so am I.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book