Working readers

To post a reply, login or signup

Renee
@renee
7 months ago
137 posts
Hi fellow empathy! I haven't been in here for ages so I hope you are all well, it's been a bit of a whirlwind energy lately hasn't it!

I'm wanting to ask advice for anyone working in the spiritual industry particularly readers, mediums and intuits whether you could give any advice or direction for someone wanting to step into this field. I've been providing spirit guide and soul path readings for people online with amazing insight, guidance etc and are wanting to look at how to turn this into an online biz. It's moreso the legalities in terms of duty of care, insurance, professional indemnity etc that I'm wanting to know. Does anyone have any experience in this area? Or able to provide a starting point?
Thankyou xx
updated by @renee: 07/22/17 10:43:11PM
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
7 months ago
866 posts

Renee: Hi fellow empathy! I haven't been in here for ages so I hope you are all well, it's been a bit of a whirlwind energy lately hasn't it! I'm wanting to ask advice for anyone working in the spiritual industry particularly readers, mediums and intuits whether you could give any advice or direction for someone wanting to step into this field. I've been providing spirit guide and soul path readings for people online with amazing insight, guidance etc. and are wanting to look at how to turn this into an online biz. It's more so the legalities in terms of duty of care, insurance, professional indemnity etc. that I'm wanting to know. Does anyone have any experience in this area? Or able to provide a starting point? Thank you xx

Hi @renee

Each city, state, country, etc.  has their own set of guidelines that need to be followed so I'd recommend looking up the legalities, etc. for your local region.

Once you have figured out the guidelines, legalities, etc. for your jurisdiction you may want to file the necessary paperwork with your state, province, etc.  to incorporate into an LLC (again you will need to check your local area's guidelines.)

PayPal & Square Up are great services to use to get paid; when you have time I'd recommend looking into both sites, as well as, other payment gateways to find one that is best suited for you & your needs.

Once you've done this I'd recommend establishing yourself in the form of a website, as well as, social networking sites.

Then I'd advise you to get feedback, reviews, etc. from people you've already given readings.

If you can't obtain those reviews I'd recommend offering roughly 25 free mini readings in exchange for feedback, reviews, etc.  this way when someone stumbles onto your social media business pages, website, etc.  he or she can read what others have written about your services.

Best wishes :)

Trevor Lewis
@trevor-lewis
7 months ago
271 posts

Hi @renee 

One direction that many people go in is to establish yourself as a "Minister of Religion" through an online church.  There are a number of online organizations calling themselves "Universal Life Church".  The theory is that you are more protected practicing your religion than you are as a business.  To be fully effective, it requires that you are clear and up front with your "congregants" that you are practicing under those auspices.

(Caveat: Although I am a card-carrying minister, I personally do not explicitly practice under those terms.)

Remember the best protection is to use your intuition. Listen to your guidance and only work with people you are comfortable with.  It is never worth the money to work with the wrong people. Be comfortable with turning people away and you will never have to deal with a "problem client".

Blessings!

P.S. Good to see you back here

Renee
@renee
7 months ago
137 posts

Nocturne's Angel:
Renee: Hi fellow empathy! I haven't been in here for ages so I hope you are all well, it's been a bit of a whirlwind energy lately hasn't it! I'm wanting to ask advice for anyone working in the spiritual industry particularly readers, mediums and intuits whether you could give any advice or direction for someone wanting to step into this field. I've been providing spirit guide and soul path readings for people online with amazing insight, guidance etc. and are wanting to look at how to turn this into an online biz. It's more so the legalities in terms of duty of care, insurance, professional indemnity etc. that I'm wanting to know. Does anyone have any experience in this area? Or able to provide a starting point? Thank you xx

Hi @renee

Each city, state, country, etc.  has their own set of guidelines that need to be followed so I'd recommend looking up the legalities, etc. for your local region.

Once you have figured out the guidelines, legalities, etc. for your jurisdiction you may want to file the necessary paperwork with your state, province, etc.  to incorporate into an LLC (again you will need to check your local area's guidelines.)

PayPal & Square Up are great services to use to get paid; when you have time I'd recommend looking into both sites, as well as, other payment gateways to find one that is best suited for you & your needs.

Once you've done this I'd recommend establishing yourself in the form of a website, as well as, social networking sites.

Then I'd advise you to get feedback, reviews, etc. from people you've already given readings.

If you can't obtain those reviews I'd recommend offering roughly 25 free mini readings in exchange for feedback, reviews, etc.  this way when someone stumbles onto your social media business pages, website, etc.  he or she can read what others have written about your services.

Best wishes :)

Thankyou so much for this great feedback! I've since checked with others who work in similar fields and they have pointed me in the direction of associations for membership and insurance to follow up, but none of them work in the online world so I have no idea about how it works there. I've recently applied for a business number where I am but I know that it only allows for business in my country so I do need to keep exploring I think.

I've done about 20 free readings and have received feedback from all and about half of them are happy to provide a review and that kind of thing, so I am looking for more avenues to offer free readings or readings in exchange for a donation with a review as well, so I will keep following that up as well.
Thankyou so much for the info, I'll check up in those aspects as well.
Xx

Renee
@renee
7 months ago
137 posts
Trevor Lewis:

Hi @renee 

One direction that many people go in is to establish yourself as a "Minister of Religion" through an online church.  There are a number of online organizations calling themselves "Universal Life Church".  The theory is that you are more protected practicing your religion than you are as a business.  To be fully effective, it requires that you are clear and up front with your "congregants" that you are practicing under those auspices.

(Caveat: Although I am a card-carrying minister, I personally do not explicitly practice under those terms.)

Remember the best protection is to use your intuition. Listen to your guidance and only work with people you are comfortable with.  It is never worth the money to work with the wrong people. Be comfortable with turning people away and you will never have to deal with a "problem client".

Blessings!

P.S. Good to see you back here

Oh wow I had never considered that as an option and to be completely honest even the idea terrifies me! As soon as the word "church" is involved I head in the other direction....Iinda do however love church buildings and cathedrals but that's a different story!
I will have a look into this, but it sound more of an in depth thing for just providing readings?
And yes I completely understand about having the strength to turn some away. I most definately have experienced that and turned one client away as I was shown a few things that came with massive warnings to not proceed with the reading, so I opted to not continue. I also had another reading where I went back and double checked the person was aware of the level of information that was possible to come up and what support they had in place should they need it. I trusted this as I had had the previous warning for the other reading so felt if there was the need to stop it altogether I would have received such a warning again.... but it has been so interesting to learn those different aspects.

Thanks so much for the advice I will have a look into those possibilities.
And thankyou! I need to have a look around and see what has been happening here!
Xx
Rene''
@rene
7 months ago
1,194 posts
@renee. Hey girl. Missed you
Renee
@renee
7 months ago
137 posts
Rene'':
@renee. Hey girl. Missed you

Heyyy!!! I have missed you too! You've been on my mind but I have been steering very clear of so many places recently whilst I work out that stuff above!! If you want you can private message me and I'm happy to stay in contact elsewhere if I drop out of here for a bit. Completely up to you and I so hope you are well!
Xx

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book