Being afraid to stop absorbing the energy of others

Cinnamon Mystic
@cinnamon-mystic
2 weeks ago
2 posts

Hi, I'm relatively new on this forum and I'd like to ask an empath-related question. I realised that I'm an empath about a year ago and I've started working on myself since some time now, using different tools to get centered in myself, and identify when I'm absorbing other people's energies. The issue is that I noticed that I have this huge fear to disconnect from other people's energy. It's like I'm afraid that I'm going to disappear, or to become completely isolated. 

Has anyone ever experienced something similar?

Thank you.

JoniG
@jonig
2 weeks ago
15 posts

I understand somewhat what you are talking about. I took for granted & thought that everyone felt things the way I do. But, when I have a serious head cold or when I was younger and tried pot or other mood altering things...I feel totally disconnected & in my own space only. It is terrifying & I am VERY uncomfortable with it! I think that controlling your energy yourself would give you the freedom to go back to the way things were if it were too uncomfortable? I have never been able to disconnect enough voluntarily to feel angst, only relief!

Karen2
@womanwhowalks
one week ago
654 posts
HI...I tend to look at it this way....when I WAS connected I wasn't myself...I was taking on other peoples' emotions...even experiences....I didn't know who I was....not at all....the scarey part was when I started to disconnect I HAD to get to know myself...find out who I was...what I was capable of...everything that I thot I was...wasn't the truth about myself...so...diconnecting energetically is the start of knowing yourself...facing yourself without the input from other ppl to taint your view about yourself....so in fact your FINDING yourself by disconnecting....what you are loosing are the lies and misconceptions you receive from others while being tied to these ppl...you will never loose family or friends...but how you view yourself without their input at the energy level will alow you to see yourself for the 1st time...we can never disconnect for good...not even at death...you will always connect to ppl you socialize with at the energy level....taking them off AFTERwards so you can continue to be yourself is really not that scary at all...once you get to that point in your mind...there will BE no fear....I LIKE being me....lol

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book
  • empath ad