Empaths and NDE's or Near Death Experiences

Bill Walker
Bill Walker
@bill-walker
last year
742 posts

I've been doing a lot of reading recently on many subjects that we find here on EC. One thing that sparked my interest was that apparently people who have had either a NDE (Near Death Experience) or some other emotional tragedy of a very extreme nature often times develop their Empathic abilities a short time after this event. I was wondering if any of our many emapths here on this site belong in this category? If you want to write a response but not make it public you can send me a personal message which I will keep confidential. 

The other question that would correspond to this: Were you, as far as you can recall, born with this ability? 

updated by @bill-walker: 09/02/18 12:04:10AM
Hop Daddy
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
last year
930 posts

@bill-walker:

I personally have not been near death in the classical sense of being in a comma or bleeding out from a car wreck etc... But I had two distinct events in my life that I would call near-death misses where someone unseen stepped in and caused me to avoid what would have been a fatal accident.

But I can't say either event resulted in me becoming an empath. When I look back to when my empathic skills started in strength it all started after a period of prolonged and extreme stress about 8 years ago. I was not dealing with the stress well at the time and I literally felt something snap in my mind that seemed to reveal my empathy. In hindsight I think I had some empathic gifts as a child that I just thought were coincidences and blocked them. And then it all came together and awakened me 8 years ago.

Calla Lily
Calla Lily
@calla-lily
last year
11 posts

Although I did have an NDE at the age of 24, when I actually recognized my empathic abilities at 36 and thought back, I realized I'd had them since I was a small child.  The other abilities I have were also around long before the NDE.  My childhood was normal except a lot of teasing/bullying at school from other kids and also a volatile household at times with temperamental father and oldest brother.  Being a sensitive introvert, I would usually head for a quiet place until the turmoil was over with.  Since I was that sensitive at the earliest age I can remember, I believe I was born this way.  There are also other empaths in my family/extended family with various other abilities as well. 

TigerLily
TigerLily
@tigerlily
last year
443 posts
My NDE was about a decade ago, and after that I felt my central nervous system was shot. I thought it was because of that, about 2 years after something triggered and I started havibg full blown attacks. Started seeing a therapist and from then on I learned about my gifts. It made sense how growing up I'd hear and see things not there, but as a kid who doesn't like a good ghost story right? Then again I always thought people could feel and sense otheRS emotions.
JoniG
JoniG
@jonig
last year
41 posts
I have not had a nde. I do however have family members who I believe are empaths. I say believe because a discussion of this nature wouldn't occur for religious & fearful reasons. Sad, we could be a hood support for each other.
Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
780 posts
@bill-walker
As for your question, yes I do believe that I was born an empath, but didn't realize this until a couple of years ago. Really need to go back about ten years to an incident which I don't really describe as a NDE per se but I did have an experience that brought me to this spiritual path that I have been on. I have wrote about this on here in the past but I will share again.
I had been dealing with a lot of depression (have had all my life but now I know why) and was rather suicidal at the time. I was in a lone car wreck (not intensional) that landed me down in a ravine and head on into a tree in an area notorious for no cell phone service. After the impact I looked down and my phone was laying next to me. I was able to call my husband and let him know where I was at and that I might need an ambulance. When he arrived, he tried my phone but it didn't work...his didn't either. I was not hurting but I couldn't stand up (my back was broke), I had such a peaceful loving feeling as if I was cradled in these loving hands. I was told that it was not my time...I am here for a reason. I felt no panic but rather unusually calm considering by that time someone had gone to a neighboring house to call for help, so there were emergency crews and husband there..all rushing around. I told them I would be ok. It was the most wonderful feeling to be in the presence of the Devine! I have not had those suicidal thoughts since.
Still to this day I drive by that place and try my phone...still no service. Someone was with my that fateful day. I still reflect on it and smile.
updated by @cat-whisperer: 03/13/17 12:53:22PM
Visitor
Visitor
@visitor
last year
303 posts

No NDE's here, but I've been fighting major depression since I was a very small child. I think it's exacerbated by empathy. I think my empathy has gotten stronger as I've gotten older. I feel grief-stricken right now, for no reason except that I hate the state of the world, and I may be picking up some of my neighbor's grief - she just lost her young son very suddenly. Watch the movie "Resurrection" with Ellen Burstyn - based on a true story. She had an NDE and developed healing powers.

Bill Walker
Bill Walker
@bill-walker
last year
742 posts

I have seen Resurrection. What a great movie, thanks for the comment!

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book