No control over incoming info

To post a reply, login or signup

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
9 months ago
726 posts
Anyone else get readings that come in with no control? Although I have been aware of my empathness for over a year, almost two now, I still feel that I don't have a good handle on who's info comes in. Sometime I would like to know about someone (my toddler grandson that is severely handicapped is fussy but I cannot discern why) but then I can look at someone randomly at a party and it all comes flooding in. I know when you "try" it doesn't work, you have to be relaxed about it but it can come in and catch me off guard. It's hard for me with people. Cannot seem to control it like I can with animals.
The incoming info from the person at the party was good though. She is my husbands cousin, we only see her at occasional family functions...good thing because she absolutely loathes me. This has been going on for 10 years. Tonight we locked eyes for a moment, I gave her a warm smile as I usually do and instead of her quickly looking away and darting as far away from me as possible she looked away but them looked back...at that moment, I knew exactly why she has been like this for so many years. It has always perplexed me but now I know. All the years of me taking it so personally I now understand and didn't realize that she really is a good person after all even though we still don't speak. I just wish I could do that with my fussy grand babies and know what's wrong so I can fix it, lol.
updated by @cat-whisperer: 07/04/17 05:43:42PM
Rene''
@rene
9 months ago
1,194 posts
I have noticed when I look at someone's photo , their feelings or their fears does not come in right then. I will lay the photo down and walk off and it comes to me. But like while I'm shopping and passing people by I will pick up on their emotions or what they are thinking I hold me imagery hand up to block it and keep right on going. Children are hard for me to read. Their minds are so jumpy and wandering around. Lol.
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
9 months ago
867 posts

Cat Whisperer: Anyone else get readings that come in with no control? Although I have been aware of my empathness for over a year, almost two now, I still feel that I don't have a good handle on who's info comes in. Sometime I would like to know about someone (my toddler grandson that is severely handicapped is fussy but I cannot discern why) but then I can look at someone randomly at a party and it all comes flooding in. I know when you "try" it doesn't work, you have to be relaxed about it but it can come in and catch me off guard. It's hard for me with people. Cannot seem to control it like I can with animals. The incoming info from the person at the party was good though. She is my husbands cousin, we only see her at occasional family functions...good thing because she absolutely loathes me. This has been going on for 10 years. Tonight we locked eyes for a moment, I gave her a warm smile as I usually do and instead of her quickly looking away and darting as far away from me as possible she looked away but them looked back...at that moment, I knew exactly why she has been like this for so many years. It has always perplexed me but now I know. All the years of me taking it so personally I now understand and didn't realize that she really is a good person after all even though we still don't speak. I just wish I could do that with my fussy grand babies and know what's wrong so I can fix it, lol.

I'd recommend trying to just be with your grandbabies & to stay present in that situation.

If you can manage to do this without trying to pick up on what is bothering the child it should help to allow the child's energy to flow more easily. (no guarantees)

The child may also have a natural block up to protect himself/herself from being energy scanned.

Best wishes

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
9 months ago
726 posts
Thanks for your input on the situation. @rene, I have a hard time reading kids also. Their minds seem to be bouncing from one thing to another so quickly.
@nocturnes-angel, I have found that sometimes I can do this with my other grandson that is a nonverbal autistic, however, the other with cerebral palsy is a very hard read. You my be right about having a wall up since he is so vulnerable.
After sleeping on the random read of cousin last night, it seems as it is a beginning of healing that I needed to be shown the reason at this time. A lot of healing going on now..even with distant relationships that only brings us together once or twice a year if that often. All family ties need to be mended. I just hope that the time spent locking eyes she received my benevolence and realizes that I'm not the bad person she thinks I am. Thanks again
Blessings
updated by @cat-whisperer: 03/05/17 05:20:29AM
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
9 months ago
867 posts

You're welcome @ cat-whisperer Glad everything is working out <3

Huggs

Raindancer
@raindancer
9 months ago
27 posts

"Children are hard for me to read. Their minds are so jumpy and wandering around. Lol. "  I wonder if that could be a case with it being easier to read what is more enduring qualities versus the quickly changing.  I wonder if static around would make it trickier for catching the immediate and quickly changing.  

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book