Health worries

To post a reply, login or signup

TigerLily
@tigerlily
9 months ago
308 posts
I don't know where to start or how to say this. Guess looking to see if others experience this. I feel like I feel everything go on in my body. I was diagnosed years ago with an anxiety disorder, then later my therapist told me I was an empath. Lucky for me I guess I landed a therapist who is spiritual :)
I know anxiety can manifest into many things, and I've experience many. I guess that's what turned into this health anxiety. It was interesting to learn from my therapist that being a sensitive individual also results to feeling everything go on in the body. Curious if others feel this about themselves.

Also, I have noticed that sometimes I feel others pains. So not sure if that is also why I feel everything going on. Exampke,Out of nowhere I'll get a pain in my abdomen, and I'll dismiss as gas. 10 minutes later my coworker sitting next to me is complaining about gas pains. Another example a friend was so upset about an injury it caused him distress. My chest started to hurt and I asked him "are you so stressed about this that you have chest pains?" He said yes.
updated by @tigerlily: 07/04/17 05:49:39AM
Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
9 months ago
73 posts

I also have experienced feeling someone else's pain...Not that one wants to literally feel it ,it's nice I think at least you know who it is.......Now for me at this point I have arthritis and fibromyalgia,it was simpler when I was younger because I didn't have these conditions. I was able to separate myself from easier from other's pain..I do have an anxiety disorder..When my brother died that's when it started..My Dr said you will find this in your family,it's hereditary..I did find it on my father's side..In the experiences I have had I never knew there was a name for it,Empath!  Then I just found out that there are different kinds of Empaths..I am physical and emotional..Yes you are sensitive to others and you are also sensitive,like a lot of us....I bet your therapist is a Empath!😀

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
502 posts

@tigerlily:

Your therapist in my opinion is partially correct. Not all empaths can feel physical pains of others. Most empaths are primarily emotional empaths where we pick up on the emotions of others. And then from there empaths split off into a variety of other varying skills.

I think you probably already know this so this may just be info. for anyone who is new to this. But when one feels the physical symptoms of another person they are evidencing the physically receptive empath skill. And then most of us usually have quite a few other empath skills as well.

I only rarely am physically receptive and it usually happens when someone close to me is sick or hurt. But I do pull pretty strong from the claircognizant, precognative, and medium skill set. Here's a good link to a site that details the 10 basic empath skills:

http://dreamcatcherreality.com/types-of-empaths/

Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
9 months ago
73 posts

I wish I knew years ago this knowledge on Empath's..I just winged it for years protecting myself the best I could by my own instincts..Situations that made me feel so emotional I didn't go,such as a persons wake.Well now I know why.

TigerLily
@tigerlily
9 months ago
308 posts
Thank you for the article! I can relate to a few of those!

There are several family members who suffer from anxiety and depression. I can see how that is inherited.

I recently had my arm hurting for months, which I thought I had injured from moving things around. Some days it lingered, then the next I was fine, then it came back. I recently noticed the pain was gone again, and it's been gone for about 3 weeks. The moment I thought "weird, so and so always has elbow pain, I wonder what he's up to" The pain disappeared. I do have a connection to this person, but we don't talk as much anymore since he moved. Maybe I need to pick up the phone and see how's he doing?

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book