Consciousness

To post a reply, login or signup

Steffck
@steffck
8 months ago
14 posts

Please give me your definition of consciousness ..I have been asking people definition ... you would be surprised the answers I get if I get a answer 

updated by @steffck: 08/14/17 12:57:06AM
Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
8 months ago
73 posts

I'm going to keep it simple..One who is aware of their surroundings.....or not unconscious ,😂

updated by @deborah-craig: 02/26/17 11:30:33PM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
8 months ago
476 posts

I would say wakefulness or the ability to experience or to feel. But for an empath I would add to the definition of "being in the moment".

Conny
@conny
8 months ago
28 posts
I'd say consciousness is being aware of its own words and actions.
bijoublue
@bijoublue
8 months ago
9 posts
From my experience with a kundalini spontaneous awakening.. two years ago (and the awakening process doesn't end)
Consciousness is first... self - awareness
You see your patterns of thinking and behaviors that are working against you or others.
You discover your hidden false beliefs
You are outside of yourself looking in and you receive insight about your subconscious beliefs etc

For us to see others and the world without being in the conditioned state of fear based thinking society creates. You have to see yourself.. all of you.
It's accepting and embracing your shadow
Then it's self love

Second - family awareness
You see the dynamics as they were. You see truth whether good or bad.

Third - it expands to seeing the truth of society.,behind the veil of deceit.

Fourth - you eventually detach from material world attachments

And when you have zero attachments and live with love based thinking and not fear. You are a highly conscious person. Aware of truth
bijoublue
@bijoublue
8 months ago
9 posts
It's living in the present with the illusion of time broken
The illusion of separation too
Rene''
@rene
8 months ago
1,194 posts
To me Spiritual consciousness and Human Consciousness are two different Consciousnesses. For example. I look down at a pansy flower. The human consciousness sees it purple and yellow. My spiritual consciousness see it in every possible detail and more. My mind may go back to when it sprouted to its future There are many different levels on consciousness.
bijoublue
@bijoublue
8 months ago
9 posts
I had more awareness
Consciousness is life.. it lives through us
We come here as an infant soul who doesn't have a conscious.. the psychopath.
We live multiple lives to grow our consciousness and learn.

Consciousness is when we realize we are not our bodies. When we lose ego and see truth
empphire
@empphire
7 months ago
19 posts

I like @hop-daddy definition "wakefulness or the ability to experience or to feel. But for an empath I would add to the definition of "being in the moment""

Before I found out that I am an empath, I felt a lot of times that while I was experiencing all the things a normal person experiences, like seeing the same thing, hearing or smelling the same thing. However, it always felt as if these sensations were not actually happening to me...confusing yes. The best way I can describe it is it felt like I was living in a "dream" or some part of me was asleep (even though when I have dreams, they are VERY vivid and I feel very intense emotions) 

I recently read some Thoreau and Emerson and had to interpret their transcendental ideas for a class I'm in, and they both encourage us to be "in the moment" as hop-daddy had stated. This is starting to make sense to me, as this is what I've been missing, and why a lot of things don't feel real or like they're happening to me.

My question now, is how do I fix this? The transcendental idea is to let go of the ego and appreciate the moment by appreciating nature. I know that I feel more alive when in nature, but how do I take this feeling of wholeness or awareness with me when I'm not in nature? And by letting go of your ego, what makes you still an individual, and not just reflecting nature or the peace and problems of the world?

Hermes.V
@hermes
6 months ago
104 posts
@empphire
The key is to be consistent. Spend some time daily in nature, relaxed and in the moment. Do this daily for 21 or 40 days and your inner vibrations should align more strongly.
The Buddha has been known to say that a person who is aware of his breath for an hour or more is already enlightened. Who knows, perhaps you will achieve higher levels of enlightenment from your daily time in nature.
updated by @hermes: 04/08/17 10:31:45PM
Kate
@kate
6 months ago
131 posts

A pleasurably noisy swarm of colorful butterflies when awake, curious/open and content/happy in the moment, as you feel it "communicating" ;)

Or that might as well have another name. I don't know

updated by @kate: 04/09/17 12:48:07AM
Hermes.V
@hermes
6 months ago
104 posts
@empphire
I finally took the time to sit down and read Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now. I do recommend it for you as Eckhart Tolle answers both your questions in his book.
Hope that helps.
empphire
@empphire
6 months ago
19 posts

@hermes

Thank you for both pieces of advice! I look forward to reading the book to answer these questions, and Buddha's advice really resonates with me and how I've been feeling :)

RyuukoGo
@ryuukogo
6 months ago
110 posts

Awareness that time passes.

Steffck
@steffck
6 months ago
14 posts

Thanks to those who shared ... 

Share This

From Our Sponsors