Input appreciated - physical empath

To post a reply, login or signup

babs
@babs
9 months ago
7 posts

I've got this weird thing where I take other people's physical body parts on to mine. I'm not the kind of empath where I take on unknown people. I can go into a crowd or a mall and leave without absorbing anybody's energy - unless something happens. This is more about people I know. I've got physical weak spots and I take other people on to those spots. For example, breathing is an issue, so I can be sitting at home by myself and I notice my breathing is restricted and so I dowse with my pendulum and find out whose lungs I've taken on to my lungs and blow them off. And whose diaphragm I've taken on to mine and blow them off.  Typically there are several.  Then I find out who's pelvis is on mine, and who's legs are on mine and who's neck is on my neck.  I've usually got a number of people's body parts on my mine, and I have to dowse several times a day and get them off me. I take them on to the areas that are hot spots for me - where I feel vulnerable.

My mom passed away last year and was the last of my immediate family and I entered into extreme anxiety. This anxiety later became physical with back and leg issues that I am now seeing a physio for - and its helping! However, I've been feeling quite vulnerable lately and so the dysfunctional empathy is much worse of course.  Taking people's hips and backs on to my hips and back is messing up my recovery, and so need to stop doing this.

This has been an issue for years. About 2 years ago I really focused on it and was able to stop taking people's energies on completely - by using the law of attraction. I just visualized like it had already happened and how happy I was staying grounded in my own energy field and after getting into that space daily for months, one day I just woke up and realized I had stopped doing it. It was awesome!  It lasted for about 8 months, and then I started doing it again. Sheesh!

So, I'm trying to do that again, but in the meantime I could use some other techniques. I ground and use white light and tons of prayers. My issue is not that I cannot protect myself from other people - my issue is that I seem to unconsciously reach out and take other people's energy on to mine. I could see my chiropractor on Monday, and then for some reason on Friday I decide to take his neck on to my neck. 

I can see how part of me uses it as a distraction from my life in an unconscious way, but that's a process I'm working on.

So, does anybody have any ideas about how to stop doing it?

updated by @babs: 06/23/17 02:37:25AM
babs
@babs
9 months ago
7 posts

Someone said its about feeling responsible for other people. I can see that as true for my aunt, but not sure its true about other people. 

Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
9 months ago
73 posts

I am a physical empath...I am also an empath that is sensitive to emotions.... I'm sorry o cannot be any help to you because after all these yrs,I never knew this had a name......I can pick up physical and emotions without ppl being near me.....I don't always know who it is......I was wondering if it's a technique you use when you said,I douse them.............sorry I'm of no help to you!😀

updated by @deborah-craig: 02/20/17 07:07:05PM
Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
9 months ago
73 posts

Sorry, when you said dowse with your pendulum....I also have weak spots and I'm not sure if they are my own that I'm feeling or someone else's...for some yrs,I never gave it a thought because I wasn't aware that I'm a empath,although I was aware of my experiences..

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
502 posts

@babs:

I am an emotional empath. But at times I can pick up on someone's physical issues and I feel their pain like you do. It's not fun so I feel for you.

I was oblivious to being an empath until I had a series of stressful events that rocked my world and then my empath skills became super charged. The same trigger may have happened to you.

It sounds to me like you are a little bit overwhelmed and could benefit from some grounding. Do you practice grounding to release unwanted energy and feelings from your body? There are quite a few ways of grounding but most revolve around meditating. But I think if you practice grounding daily you will lower your anxiety and pain quite a bit. When we empaths take in too much over time it becomes a physical ailment. That's why grounding is so important.

I used to suffer from constant anxiety and mood swings from my emotional empathy. And it was tearing me apart. A few people recommended carrying protection stones. And while I laughed at first about the idea, they work like a charm for me (pun intended). Protection stones will help block what you would normally take in from people as an empath. My best guess is that it blocks about 70% each day. I rarely have bad days any more. The stones I use are black tourmaline, black obsidian,shungite, and black onyx. I carry them in a small linen bag in my pocket. A lot of ladies carry them in their purse or find a bracelet online. And then at night I have them near me on my nightstand. 

Here's an article I found online for reference:

http://meanings.crystalsandjewelry.com/protection-stones

Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
9 months ago
73 posts

I never was aware of grounding techniques...thank you for this information....however I am somewath familiar with the stones/crystals...I always wore them,I havnt lately....Thank You.

Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
9 months ago
73 posts

For some reason I cannot connect to link,but Il google it.....I would carry a bracelet in my purse with stones before......

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
502 posts

The hyperlink didn't take before. Here it is again:

http://meanings.crystalsandjewelry.com/protection-stones

I'm glad you are familiar with protection stones. It's a funny thing as most people don't feel anything magical or tingling when using protection stones. They just work. I did an experiment about a month ago where I stopped using them for a few days to see what would happen. It went fine at first and then I all the energy I took in from people hit me like a truck and I was a stressed out mess. I of course have had the stones on me since and feel great. My advice is to wear them always. And also keep in mind that since the stones are either absorbing or pushing away unwanted energy, they need to be refreshed at least once a week. Some people soak the stones in salt water for 24 hours. I have had good luck setting the stones out in sunlight for a day. If you don't do that you will probably notice they don't work as well.

As for grounding, it is a "must" for any empath. I do a grounding exercise every few days. But if in the middle of a lot of anxiety I will ground out daily. The most common is a breathing technique. There are many variations but here is one I found online for you:

http://healing.about.com/cs/uc_directory/a/uc_grounding03.htm

Also, some of the stones I recommended double as grounding stones. They will not only block negative but will also pull negative out of you. They will make you feel better all the way around. Best of luck.

Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
9 months ago
73 posts

Thank You😀❤

Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
9 months ago
73 posts

I am new here,I can't find to put my profile here,unless it comes from Word Press? I not know but I wanted to comment one day here and I wound up on Word Press to make a blog! Lol🤔😀

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
502 posts

@babs:

Your profile should be in the upper right hand of the screen. Its a hyperlink. Click on it and then it will give you various options that also include editing your personal profile.

Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
9 months ago
73 posts

Thank you Elise....I was trying to thank the people who answered me.....now I know!👍That not to use reply...I'm having trouble maneuvering around.....Sorry😀

babs
@babs
9 months ago
7 posts

Wow. Lots of replies.  Yes, I do grounding regularly, and use crystals too.  Black tourmaline is way too strong for me. Right now carnelian is what my body is asking for so just ordered a bracelet and a pendulum.  I think I;ve figured some things out though. I do need to center myself more, and keep that centre as long as possible.  As my counselor says, when Buddhists meditate in the lotus position, its about keeping a soft heart but with a strong erect back. It gives the strength to be open, but stay centered so as to not take other people on. I will report back as to how it goes with the staying centered. Thanks everyone 

babs
@babs
9 months ago
7 posts

What about the less intense protection stones?  As I said, black tourmaline tested too strong.  What about smoky quartz? I wonder if shungite would be ok. Maybe the carnelian will double as a protection stone 

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
9 months ago
726 posts
@babs
You are not alone when taking on others physical ailments. Mine don't show up exactly like yours but like you, physical seems to be limited to those close to me, dad and son in particular. It was so bad this summer that I could not eat without throwing up...lost a bunch of weight just to find out my dad had stones in his pancreas. We were both unaware of this till he was rushed to the hospital in the fall. He underwent surgery and my symptoms went away. When this happens, I cannot control the influx of symptoms so off to the doc to check it out....mystery illnesses, lol. I haven't figured out how to "offload" the intense illnesses yet but as hop-daddy mentioned I ground a lot and wear protective stones every day. I hope you find something that helps ease the meshing of others' "stuff".
Blessings
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
502 posts

@babs

The story on stones that you can't handle is that they are at a higher vibration than you and you are feeling the difference. A lot of times these stones are a very good match for you but will just take time for you to get used to it. That said, if anything makes you feel sick or dizzy, there are plenty of other options to try.

Every empath has different protection stones that they like and use. Some work well for one person and maybe not as well for others. Black tourmaline is one that most of us use. But other options are black onyx, black obsidian, shungite, and hematite (to name a few). I like you with tourmaline, felt a bit dizzy with hematitie so I went with the other 4 I listed instead. They work well in combination so my advice is to carry 2-3 smaller protection stones with you to get a good gauge of what is working for you. And some of us need the stones to touch skin and therefore can benefit from wearing them as jewelry. While others do well just keeping the stones nearby in a pocket or purse. For me, I notice they work fine while in my pocket. But when I am in a group setting and feeling my empath radar get overwhelmed by people I notice I feel better if I clutch the protection stones in my hands for a few minutes.

Good luck. I hope you get a chance to test out some protection stones and hopefully notice that you can turn down the volume of the empathic signals that you take in each day. I know how it feels when that volume is high and you are feeling overwhelmed and sick.

Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
9 months ago
73 posts

I never even gave it to much thought of what stone I wear or carry.....it's interesting  I am not familiar with a stone being able to make one feel ill......I just pick them and wear them or carry them in my purse.......I havnt been wearing gem stones,although they are in my house..Thank You @ hop-daddy for bringing these stones up! I have them on today!  When going through this experience that actually made me sick, I rarely put my gem stones on It was a mistake not wearing them,I know now but prior it never crossed my mind! I will always have one on at least!.....I was always drawn to hematite,and also turquoise..I have many different kinds but some I can't remember their names..But I do have malakite,I looked when I saw it mentioned previously..I have Agate and I have different colors..I'm going to have to look to see what the others are ..I had so many gemstone jewelry it was ridiculous,but I gave a lot to a young girl that will use them always and I said to her this jewelry I'm giving you,has nothing but positive energy..This jewelry has happiness,so I want to give it to you....I gave some others gems also but I realized I was matching what I was giving away to the person!....So far all is well which brings me to how a gem can have to much much vibration..😀Yrs back I wore marqusite...and so did my mom wear it at the same time and mine had a amethyst gem but not all were gems and I'm thinking right now how great I felt! I felt great on the inside..

Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
9 months ago
73 posts

@babs so sorry to hear about your mom.Maybe about 10 yrs ago I found out and realized why I stand like I do.When standing my arms are crossed and my right foot turns out,almost like a ballerina stand.When I met this girl for the first time,for some reason I remember saying that my body language is showing that I'm a closed person,go away.Then somehow it shifted to a conversation about the shackra's.She told me you are protecting your shakra..Well that answered my question why I stand like that.I did it unconsciously..That's one way I protect my self.Another way is I put my hands in front of me and push them out,to push out anything that isn't mine..One other thing I do is with my hands,palms toward me ,it looks like I'm scanning myself and I go up and down a few times,then I go up and down and push out...well sometimes I may always push out after my scan😀 Then for me,I ask for all evil away from me! I just do that! I also put God or Jesus in there for me but that's me.........I had a brother who died.I was always picking up on him as in his physical pain,but also his feelings.I went to bed one night,by this time I had whose feelings belonged to who,so anyway I was feeling meloncoly,I knew it wasn't me,I got up and asked him are you feeling meloncoly? He said yes..I said please stop I want to go to sleep! And there were other incidents but when he died,I went into shock,plus my breathing wasn't right and I had high anxiety ,his death triggered what I found out ran in my family..I still take a med for this..But I wanted to mention that anxiety and therapy go hand and hand and also studies found less people needed any medication..What happened to me therapy alone didn't work although I have a disorder..Through this last nightmare I was in therapy about 4 years and I found it beneficial plus my med wasn't changed which was a good thing..Not that your question was about anxiety and therapy,I thought I would throw that in😂

Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
9 months ago
73 posts

In the conversations here grounding was mentioned..I never knew about grounding and took the test to see if I was grounded.I was shocked that I was,😀I believe I do and did thing unconsciously at times to protect myself but now I will be using techniques to stay grounded.😀

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
502 posts

@deborah-craig:

Grounding is really something all humans should practice. But that goes double for empaths. It's basically a term for de-stressing and ridding yourself of all negative and essentially refreshing your mind. Some people ground by doing things they like (gardening, tennis, hanging out with fun friends etc...). While others use protection stones or crystals to ground. And then there is meditation grounding which is really the best method.

I believe as an empath, most empaths will benefit from grounding & protection stones. While all of us can benefit from meditation grounding. I often tell other empaths that being an empath is like being an empty glass at the start of each day. And as you take in the emotions and troubles of others, your glass gets filled up little by little. By the end of each day, your glass is likely to be pretty full. If you do nothing to ground, you will start feeling more anxious and bothered the closer you are to full. But if you practice grounding at the end of each day to empty that glass, you will be relaxed and be able to start off your next day at your best.

Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
9 months ago
73 posts

@hip-daddy.  That makes sense to me,and like you said really for everyone!

Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
9 months ago
73 posts

Deborah Craig:

I never even gave it to much thought of what stone I wear or carry.....it's interesting  I am not familiar with a stone being able to make one feel ill......I just pick them and wear them or carry them in my purse.......I havnt been wearing gem stones,although they are in my house..Thank You @ hop-daddy for bringing these stones up! I have them on today!  When going through this experience that actually made me sick, I rarely put my gem stones on It was a mistake not wearing them,I know now but prior it never crossed my mind! I will always have one on at least!.....I was always drawn to hematite,and also turquoise..I have many different kinds but some I can't remember their names..But I do have malakite,I looked when I saw it mentioned previously..I have Agate and I have different colors..I'm going to have to look to see what the others are ..I had so many gemstone jewelry it was ridiculous,but I gave a lot to a young girl that will use them always and I said to her this jewelry I'm giving you,has nothing but positive energy..This jewelry has happiness,so I want to give it to you....I gave some others gems also but I realized I was matching what I was giving away to the person!....So far all is well which brings me to how a gem can have to much much vibration..😀Yrs back I wore marqusite...and so did my mom wear it at the same time and mine had a amethyst gem but not all were gems and I'm thinking right now how great I felt! I felt great on the inside..

Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
9 months ago
73 posts

Whatever I did I cannot get to my profile..I press by my picture and now it says to copy image,or get a new tab,ugh

Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
9 months ago
73 posts

And also at the top of the page,I cannot see Forum, Posts because the group logo and saying what this is drops over it...if I try to press lifting the logo up it doesn't work..Il find a way ugh

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
502 posts

@deborah-craig:

I've been studying crystals and stones quite a bit this past year and have some good reference books in addition to testing many of these out myself. It's fascinating how many of these work. Some don't do anything for me but other empaths rave about them. While others are like medicine for me and have really helped me with various emotional, physical, and spiritual issues that I had been having. I'm happy to share a few notes on several you listed:

Hematite is a pretty good protection stone that brings you strength, love, and courage.

Smoky Quartz is supposed to be good for removing negative from you to help you stay grounded. It is also supposed to help you connect better with the spirit world if you choose to do do.

Carnelian is known as the "feel better" stone and is a good all around stone to have on you to better your health. It is supposed to help you see the connection between the emotions you take in and put out and how that may be impacting your health.

Malachite is supposed to calm you down and bring peace of mind.

Turquoise is another "feel better stone" and is supposed to speed up healing of many things that may be wrong with you (colds, flu, stress disorders etc...). It is also supposed to provide you with mental and spiritual clarity to your life path. 

Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
9 months ago
73 posts

Thank You very much!.....I know I have Cornelia but I can't remember what color it is..I want to say on the reddish orange side but I may have given that one away..

Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
9 months ago
73 posts

The malachite I have in a 5 string necklace

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book