Residual energy from past

To post a reply, login or signup

TigerLily
@tigerlily
9 months ago
309 posts
Hi, I was looking for feedback on this and what you all may have done.

Years ago I went through a difficult time in my life and it still haunts me today. Sometimes it feels like a curse. A friend of mine told me to write everything down on paper as to what happened during that time and burn it and to get rid of anythibg from that time. He said he did it and felt better and then his life changed. I will say he is doing really well for himself now. Back to me :) I did do this, but I never burned it, I just ripped it up and threw it in the garbage and said be gone because I had no access to a fireplace, and worried what if I set something on fire. This weekend I decided to fully clean out my car and found papers and such during that bad time. I waa at a family members house and asked if I could just burn these in their fireplace and I did. It did feel good doing so and getting rid of those things, like a toast to new beginning. I am curious to know that if what I did helped long term and not short term in the moment? All these years I had some form of bad energy around me, that I didn't even know?
updated by @tigerlily: 06/15/17 12:54:31AM
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
9 months ago
726 posts
@tigerlily
I have had a lot of difficult time/traumatic times in the past also. I had done similar rituals in the past but the issues never really got resolved long term...kinda just like putting a bandaide on a wound that would occasionally open if there were a "trigger". The only thing that has really put these issues behind me was to do a deep forgiveness meditation and hoponono (?? not sure I've spelt this right) forgiveness. You have to forgive your wrongdoers completely for the wounds to heal for good. You may have to do this more than once to completely let go. I also look back and view the circumstances as lessons rather than putting myself as a victim, as I had done in the past. Now I can experience triggers with no ill affects.
I wish you success on this excursion because it is hard to face what has hurt you, but that is part of the process....you do have to face and acknowledge, but with a forgiveness intent, do not forget to forgive and love yourself as well. You are a survivor not a victim 😉
Blessings
Angel.Light-Worker
@angellight-worker
9 months ago
15 posts

Cat-whisper

I feel a connection to you. I also have had a lot of difficult times in my life. A lot of illness, and I knew I was different. People see me as wonderful happy person to talk to, I never saw that. Depression was always me.  But long story short,,, I finally got through all my hills I climbed and my awakening finally set me free.  I just want to connect to others, Some of the people I see on here, I feel connection to,,,, "Stand In The Light"

TigerLily
@tigerlily
9 months ago
309 posts
I totally get about the forgiving. I have forgave so many times, and then there is a trigger that brings it all back. I guess maybe finding all that stuff, was maybe silly to burn it all or throw away. But again, I'm all for out with the old and in with the new.

Does the stuff from before still bother you? Or have the triggers stopped.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book