Empaths and Sociopaths

To post a reply, login or signup

Tundra2
@tundra2
9 months ago
57 posts

https://healingfromcomplextraumaandptsd.wordpress.com/2014/03/28/sociopath-and-narcissists-and-their-apaths-and-the-empaths-that-can-spot-them/

Including a link to what I found to be a very interesting article about" Socio-Empath-Apath Triad".  Just another day a work and  I am always amazed at the behavior of other people that I can not understand.  This seems to make sense to me, would like to hear what others think.

updated by @tundra2: 07/02/17 09:52:44AM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
502 posts

@tundra2:

You just touched on a great topic that I've been thinking about lately. I often wonder why empaths and narcs exist in what I call a Batman vs. Joker (good vs bad) relationship? Why are we so tied but yet diametrically opposed to those types of people? And then you throw in sociopaths to the mix and you get one heck of a party. 

Thanks for the article. I'd love some feedback from anyone that has a theory on why empaths and narcs always seem to be on a collision course? And sociopaths, while more rare, seem to be on the hunt for empaths (who they know can see through them). That would be part B of the question.

Laurene Puls
@laurene-puls
9 months ago
1 posts

Thank you so much for this post.  Not only this article but the links are helping me tremendously today in putting form to my thoughts and experiences.  You've touched me and I appreciate you!

Deborah Craig
@deborah-craig
9 months ago
73 posts

Thank You for the info on empaths and apaths/sociopaths......It all makes sense what happened to me and how they sleep at night!......I never saw it. Coming because it was my family and my guard was down, knew something wasn't right but not to steal over 200,000 from me, and just threw me away........I was wondering,I have experienced picking up pain,back pain...But he was not home at the time...when he came home we had the same spot where the pain was,in fact he thought I was imitating him....Does picking up on people not near you still fall index empath? Or ? Phsycic?......I never knew I was an empath until I saw a meme,what is an empath!    Never knew there was a name for it,until maybe 8 yrs ago

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
502 posts

@deborah-craig:

While most empaths pick up on people immediately around them, they also can pick up on people from a distance. As an example, I am very tuned in to my wife and can feel her being upset from 100+ miles away. I am primarily an emotional empath and pick up on people's emotions. But sometimes I get pains in my body mimicking people with pain around me. If you feel that way often you may be a physically receptive empath as your primary skill. I find that empaths typically have a primary skill that is very strong along with some other empath skills that are more minor that work less consistently and need to be developed. Here's a website link that gives you a basic break-down of the most common empath traits:

https://lonerwolf.com/what-type-of-empath-are-you/

Tundra2
@tundra2
9 months ago
57 posts

@hop-daddy

thanks for the link to the common empath traits, very interesting!

Raindancer
@raindancer
9 months ago
27 posts

Seems to make sense.  A sociopath will try to get help in keeping their position of being a bully or to allow them to get away with the wrong thing when they actually know it is the wrong thing.  An empath if seeking help it seems would seek help to help someone feel better.  Targeting the empath must seem like shooting fish in a barrel to the sociopath.  Getting help with that targeting is too easy as too many do not question 'what is the morally right thing to do?'  What is said about the lone voice standing up for what is right seems so true as empaths would care about what is right.  Sad that such a large percentage of people will take no stand and simply help with harm being caused or withdraw when comfort or healing is needed for someone who is hurting, 'the easy way' as stated.  

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book