The Power of Manifesting

To post a reply, login or signup

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
10 months ago
507 posts

I have recently been reading two different books written by empath authors and the topic of manifesting keeps coming up. I don't usually see that topic brought up here very often so I thought I'd try to get a discussion going on it for others to benefit from.

I believe manifesting can work for almost anyone. But from what I have read, it can be particularly powerful for empaths to practice. And I think the reason for this is that due to dealing with negative in the world each day, we empaths often block good things and good opportunities from happening. That's why we sometimes feel cursed or hexed with negative bringing us down and at times causing bad things to happen.

In short, manifesting is being at peace with yourself and letting your worries and wants go so that higher good can flow through you and provide

updated by @hop-daddy: 07/29/17 03:40:53AM
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
10 months ago
507 posts

Sorry, having technical challenges with posting.

In short, manifesting is being at peace with yourself and letting your worries and wants go so that higher good can flow through you and provide abundance. It’s kind of like you can’t get what you want in life by concentrating or really wanting/wishing for it. But when you can get your mind clear and let go, things will just come to you. And sometimes it is your lost path in life that will present to you when you just “let go”. I did find an old post on this site that goes into detail on how to manifest for anyone looking to better understand this (see link above).

Please share your stories of manifesting techniques and how you have been able to put them to use to help yourself and others.

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
10 months ago
410 posts

Hi Hop-daddy,

Good topic. I manifest in my life simply through my thoughts and written word. Also, life knows me better than me, so it manifests for me, according to my needs and my true nature. 

I think the best way to manifest good things in life is to work on being a good person, think positively, and be positive in encounters with others...to keep yourself open to opportunities :)

Lotusfly

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
9 months ago
728 posts
@lotusfly
You hit the nail on the head. You have to keep your intentions pure and negativity out of your head. Also keeping the ego in check whilst you visualize what it is you want to happen...not just visualize, but really knowing it will happen, with NO doubts. Faith if you will. I have been very blessed but I try to keep humble about it which I believe is another thing you have to do to manifest. Great topic @hop-daddy
Blessings
Another thing that is important...gratitude. Lots of gratitude.
updated by @cat-whisperer: 02/12/17 07:06:34AM
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
9 months ago
410 posts

Cat Whisperer: @lotusfly You hit the nail on the head. You have to keep your intentions pure and negativity out of your head. Also keeping the ego in check whilst you visualize what it is you want to happen...not just visualize, but really knowing it will happen, with NO doubts. Faith if you will. I have been very blessed but I try to keep humble about it which I believe is another thing you have to do to manifest. Great topic @hop-daddy Blessings Another thing that is important...gratitude. Lots of gratitude.

You're right, CW. Being humble and grateful are important too. For me, also, I need to be appreciative...give thanks after receiving a blessing :)

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
507 posts

@lucky-seven:

I've seen you post several times in the forum about being unhappy and that you are not sure you want to stay in this world. All I can say is hang in there, you can learn to flip your life for the better! You were put on earth for a reason. Your empath skills are what is making you feel so down and stressed out. And this happens to us all when we get overwhelmed with negative energy and aren't handling it well. One thing I do to cope and monitor the negative each day is to think of myself as an empty glass. Each time I absorb negative energy from a person in the world, my glass starts to get filled up. Some days my glass half fills up from the energy of the day and I'm slightly damaged but am functional. And other days my glass fills up really quick and I'm stressed out, freaked out, and depressed when it fills to the top. I do some mini-grounding and relaxation techniques to get through the day and then do an extensive grounding session and salt water soak at home. That way I get all the bad stuff out, reset, and start the next day as an empty glass. This process of monitoring and grounding what I take it really helps me cope and thrive. And the end result is I have far fewer bad days. And all of a sudden I am generally happy and can use my empathic skills to manifest good things for myself and those around me.

A good book that I have not yet finished but am enjoying is called the "Empath's Quest" by Betty Comerford and Steve Wilson. I bought it on Amazon and really enjoy the writing style and lessons as it has really helped me reshape my life to start seeing my empathic skills as a good thing rather than a curse.

Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
9 months ago
507 posts

@lucky-seven:

I think I often generalize about energy too much. I think of it as good or bad when it is actually more complex than that. For me I consider much of what I pick up from people as negative since it brings me down. But much of it is just people being people sending me their insecurities. Everyone has "stuff" and it weighs me down just existing each day. Even a day where nothing really bad happened can wear me out and make me feel a bit down. I assume that you are probably the same and just get filled up every day with what you attract.

I also believe that as empaths we have the ability to light up a room and make ourselves and others around us very happy and content. And along with that skill comes your own blessings of good fortune. But in order to get there we have to ground out the negative energy, and manifest our own happy destiny. It's easier said than done. But I have had some points in my life where I was exceedingly happy and good things magically fell into my lap as I was manifesting good fortune without even knowing it. I'm personally trying to focus on this lately to have a happier life and brighter long term outlook. Anyway, the book I referenced did a good job explaining all of this in greater detail.

bunnigirl
@bunnigirl
9 months ago
169 posts

@lucky-seven I am sorry you are not well.  I am also not well.  Are you having vertigo-headache-nausea-dizziness-brain fog at all?  I was just wondering as I have been out if work since 1/24 and doctors of course are clueless. I can't focus on things too long and write a lot without these symptoms getting worse.  If you are then you are not alone and I know how much it sucks as right now I am useless and can't drive either.  I hope you feel better soon.

bunnigirl
@bunnigirl
9 months ago
169 posts
@hop-daddy. I am trying just that at having peace with myself regarding manifesting. I was on a clear path and signs were pointing me in a direction. I finally take the direction and at this point who knows what direction it is. time is very confusing now. i am working on my way of getting back to peace...I have a lot of strange dreams lately. it is crazy times for all of us i am sure.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book