My narcissist

To post a reply, login or signup

Corey Easton
@corey-easton
10 months ago
62 posts
Context I guess I was ignorant, my "narcissist" did not come in the form of a girlfriend or lover, I also read about them and other people experience and thought that would never happen to me. took me 4 years to realize that the kid a few years older then me that I met at the beginning of my college degree was a narcissist looking back there are so many signs that would have shown me there is something up with this kid, he's is no good. but he was a "Christian" had a family and I was always trying to help me, when I was around him, he would manipulate my thoughts, when we drank I would get totally emotional and lose it around him and would manipulate me and act like I had the problem even though I would just reflect back his true self. I would always distance myself from him because I was trying to be around people who would positively influence me and my future but he always found a way to suck me back in. How I found out who he was is because when I was doing my wedding invites I prayed for 2 weeks wether to invite him or not and the Holy Spirit put it in my heart what ever I do not invite him. I asked why one time, and it put the word narcissist in my head. I was mind blown but at the same time it made sense. Ever since then I tried distancing myself and it's like he knows, he tried to contact me through every social media or texting I had to block him on everything and then he tried getting to me through friends and family. It's insane, who knew a kid 130 pounds a few years older then me would be the narcissist in my life. I filter all energy through the Holy Spirit and whenever he contacts me even through other people I feel my entire chest go on fire, and it ruins me for a few hours. Well that's my narcissist story
updated by @corey-easton: 05/26/17 09:08:15PM
Hermes.V
@hermes
10 months ago
104 posts

A narcissist is probably the nemesis to an empath. They're the Joker to your Batman, Loki to your Thor and Matt Damon to your Jimmy Kimmel?Or is that Jimmy Kimmel to your Matt Damon? Still, despite being the 'bad guy' they play an essential supporting role in your hero story. If you take time to consider, a narcissist is a really great training friend. First though, you need to take all that hard won experience, strategize and set out to get get the right tools and mindset for the job. Consider it the background to the movie, where The Joker makes an 'innocent' joke at Batman's expense sparking the start of the crusade. As usual in what happens in good superhero movies, the hero, you, takes some time out having taken some beating. That's where you go soul searching, you find your inner you, and you find this deep trust in yourself. You start to awaken the dragon within. And you realize it as you say 'You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life.' And you just get it.

So, let's get going, let's get the eye of the tiger.  To start, you might want to find techniques to handle that 'fire' you feel in your chest. If you have something equivalent to a 'boiler' or 'cauldron', that 'fire' can be put to good use. Yet, until you are adept at 'manipulating' this 'fire', you should keep your exposure to it to a minimum. So I'd agree with you, that initially you would have to stay away from them as you prepare your 'defenses', 'strategies' and 'tactics'. You will probably spend a considerable amount of time setting up your energy transmutation system. So, you might want to consider 'installing' a cloaking system, so you can stay out of their radar as you train / prepare. Here's one thing you can do, every time you think about that particular person, just clear / ho'oponopono that thought and contemplate other thoughts or things you'd rather spend your time with. What should happen is that, out there, that person would 'conveniently' forget or be distracted every time they try to think of you. So, they might be thinking of asking about you or contacting you, but, something just get's in the way, conveniently enough for you. You see, their energy is unable to latch onto you.  So this should keep you 'safe' for awhile, though don't let your guard down, work on your shielding and energy transmutation. Eventually, you'll be able to overcome certain narcissists, at the same time, you'll be really good in avoiding most of them. Plus, while doing so, you'll acquire a really great 'it was worth it' outlook on life.

Corey Easton
@corey-easton
10 months ago
62 posts
Thanks for the great advice!! Yeah I deff need to work on the energy transmutation, I normally have no problem with any other energy but this energy makes me so angry and I'm never an angry person, makes me feel like I'm bipolar. I need to work on taking a deep breath when it hits me and working on dealing with it in a healthy matter
Hop Daddy
@hop-daddy
10 months ago
502 posts

@corey-easton:

@hermes is absolutely correct. A narcissist is the arch-enemy of an empath. And they are very attracted to us and different narcs will seek you out throughout your life. They cause so much pain I’m trying myself to understand why we seem to be so connected to them. They typically are very charming and captivating at first. It is easy to get sucked in. In fact, I think we empaths for some reason are especially attracted to narcs (more than other people imo). And when you do let them in to your life they create havoc and pain. It's really something to watch for going forward as you will be tested by them.

Tundra2
@tundra2
10 months ago
57 posts

For myself, the connection with the narcissist in my life is because I wanted to believe that they were the charming kind person they pretended to be.  Even when I saw them for who they really are I wanted to be wrong.  Over and over I tried to twist the facts around in my mind and make them kind, that some how I misunderstood what they did.

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book