Lotusfly
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

I agree. Music changes how I feel. I like uplifting pop and soft rock. I also like instrumental jazz. I love to view abstract art and art by Monet. I try to interpret it. I like to absorb the energies I feel from trees in the woods. I let them cleanse me. I watch Doreen Virtue's angel card reading every week. She has a peaceful energy about her that I like. I'm sure there are even more positive things I like to empathically consume too. Thanks for this delightful post, Hermes!

Snap
Snap
@snap
last year
103 posts

@hermes thanks so much for that insightful and thought-provoking post. There's so much in there. I went through a stage some time ago where I had music with a liberating feel or theme to it. I played the list until it was wearing thin. Songs like "We are spirits in the material world" contain that very energy within it.

I have composed music for many years, and what you say resonates very deeply. When I compose, I feel more like a conduit of energies than the source, albeit the way in which the energies are brought together has my distinct imprint also, clearly. I have had certain songs that are absolute favourites like "Sanctify Yourself" by Simple Minds, and quite amazingly I didn't realise (until quite recently) that my returning again and again to these songs was like sending myself a message.

Only in recent times did I realise how obviously I can feel the energy of crystals. I don't have to look stuff up to know which chakras they're associated with and what kinds of things they're associated with (most of the time).

But water and so forth; this is a really good point. I'm aware of this but your post makes me more keenly aware and I will go get some Evian!

Of course there is the energy of the sun.

There is also, unfortunately, electromagnetic energies, some of which feel noxious to me. I especially dislike fluorescent lighting--more than two hours beneath one is increasingly torture for me. Orgonite helps greatly. Screens have mildly noxious energy. Some cell masts have really noxious energy, and indeed radio transmitters are every bit as bad and often worse. I couldn't hold a mobile phone to my head for more than a few minutes until I got a "radisafe". It smooths the energy incredibly.

Trees can bristle with energy. I once sat at the bottom of a waterfall not too far away from where I live, and meditated, and there was bristling energy all around. I focused in on it and sensed it was the trees but also something to do with the rock beneath.

In April I was in a cave and the energy was so intense it was almost crushing. They claim indigenous people never discovered this cave. I beg to differ. They would have known it was there, but left it alone. I just don't think it's a place for people or most animals.

I love the effects of going in the ocean. There is nothing more cleansing and refreshing to me. It's a bit of a re-set of energies, though it also carries a beautiful energy with it I guess.

Nice post, thanks Hermes.

updated by @snap: 01/18/17 11:26:33PM
Snap
Snap
@snap
last year
103 posts

@hermes I'm a typical polymath--broad knowledge and adeptness in multiple areas, including psychology, physics, medicine, law, and in arts, music composition and sketching. Ironically, though, I don't think much of the areas I'm knowledgeable in. Have you seen Rupert Sheldrake's "banned" TED talk on science? I love it. I'd trade a lot of "knowledge"ย for some of the insight you have; but then hopefully you don't mind sharing that insight :) I'm sure I don't need to tell you that you're a very intelligent and insightful person. Great having you here. Hope you try orgonite. Really simple stuff is as good as anything. Fancy stuff can have nice, subtle energies; but for me, really orgonite just smooths noxious energies, from EMFs and generally. I'll be really interested in your take on it if you docheck it out.

updated by @snap: 01/19/17 05:39:25AM
Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
764 posts
Music....love it! All genres, depending of course on my mood. It affects me very deeply, it's quite often I get goosebumps from listening to certain songs that move me to my core. Music has a way of taking me to different places that exist in my psyche. Whether it be floating in the clouds, walking on the beach, watching sunrises or just taking me back in time. I definitely feel the energy.
Water and sunshine are both sources of energy for me also. Nothing better for the soul than floating on a raft in the lake soaking up the sun....very invigorating, and talk about extra energy! It literally hypes me up! Great topic @hermes. Nice to have conversations that prompt you to think of the good things in life ๐Ÿ˜‰
Blessing
Cat Whisperer
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
last year
764 posts
Hermes.V:
@cat-whisperer, that sounds wonderful to float in a raft and soak up the sun, I'd definitely agree to that. Thanks for sharing, cat-whisperer.
Blessings :)
Yeah, I'm missing it....come on summer ๐ŸŒž

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book