Thought of the day

To post a reply, login or signup

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

I was inspired by someone to open this thread. A post where we can write one inspiring thought everyday ...something to start the engine with...an idea to remember thought the day...maybe a challenge that will helps us grow...a push to make a difference in someone's life...or something to remind us why we're here...

I'll go first:

Imagine that every man you meet today has sign on its forehead that says "Make me feel important"

119_discussions.jpg

Have a wonderful day!

updated by @lavinia: 05/02/17 10:11:29PM
Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

If you cannot be a poet, be the poem. ~David Carradine

Happiness is an unexpected hug.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours. ~Wayne Dyer

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts
"The world is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who are evil; but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
Albert Einstein
Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts
True unconditional love :)
Roxanne
@roxanne
6 years ago
1,562 posts
I love this. Thank you, so much.
Roxanne
@roxanne
6 years ago
1,562 posts
I love this. Thank you, so much.
Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts
Love this :D so true
Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts
121_discussions.jpg?width=721122_discussions.jpg?width=721
Roxanne
@roxanne
6 years ago
1,562 posts

"..let your soul shine

It's better than sunshine

better than moonshine

and damn sure better than rain

So let your soul shine

shine on the break of day....."

Greg Allman and Friends

(on tv right now)

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts
Some days there wont be a song in your heart. Sing anyway. Emory Austin
Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

Oftentimes the gifts that go a long way and mean the most are time and love.

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts
Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up.The Reverend Jesse Jackson
Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts
That's beautiful! Flying...
Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts
Betrayal of yourself in order not to betray another is betrayal nonetheless. It is the Highest Betrayal.
Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts
That is such a beautiful quote and this picture is soooo touching :D:D:D
Roxanne
@roxanne
6 years ago
1,562 posts

"..Life is like a box of chocolate. Ya never know what'cha gonna get"

I really hate the ones with the creamy pink inside. My treasure hunt ends with coconut!

Roxanne
@roxanne
6 years ago
1,562 posts
Two thumbs up for this one!
Roxanne
@roxanne
6 years ago
1,562 posts
Abso-fricken-lutely!! Very good one!
Roxanne
@roxanne
6 years ago
1,562 posts
It's a hard line to tow sometimes but definitely true.
Roxanne
@roxanne
6 years ago
1,562 posts

hear hear

way to rock the beat!

love it

Roxanne
@roxanne
6 years ago
1,562 posts

Hahaha Sri Chinmoy use to live in my neighborhood. We'd watch his limo drive by and all wave to *the big cheese* (affectionately of course)

The whole neighborhood was filled with his followers and it was such a peaceful and lovely feeling. They had all these beautiful little stores at the end of my block. I use to walk down there and just read his writings.

Anyway, lovely saying...and so true. Thanks for the memories.

Roxanne
@roxanne
6 years ago
1,562 posts
hahah, love that Thomas Edison quote. I'm going to put that on the cover of my journal.
Roxanne
@roxanne
6 years ago
1,562 posts
Ah, that's lovely, Ashley! thanks
Roxanne
@roxanne
6 years ago
1,562 posts

Not sure if this qualifies for *inspirational* but it's worth a thought.

The people that you use on your way to the top you might run into on your way back down.

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts
You are strong when you take your grief and teach it to smile.You are brave when you overcome your fear and help others to do the same.You are happy when you see a flower and are thankful for the blessing.You are loving when your own pain does not blind you to the pain of others.You are wise when you know the limits of your wisdom....You are true when you admit there are times you fool yourself.You are alive when tomorrows hope means more to you than yesterdays mistake.You are growing when you know what you are but not what you will become.You are free when you are in control of yourself and do not wish to control others.You are honourable when you find your honour is to honour others.You are generous when you can take as sweetly as you can give.You are humble when you do not know how humble you are.You are thoughtful when you see me just as I am and treat me just as you are.You are merciful when you forgive in others the faults you condemn in yourself.You are beautiful when you dont need a mirror to tell you.You are rich when you never need more than what you have.You are you when you are at peace with who you are not. ~ Author Unknown
Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts
I love that Roxy!
Roxanne
@roxanne
6 years ago
1,562 posts

Re: the Tree post above by Nelson Henderson:

Very profound............perfect.

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt.
with.
Michael Jackson

Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.
Nelson Mandela

Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts
Even after all this time the Sun doesn't tell the Earth "You owe me!"
Just think what a love like that can do...
Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts
I love this one :)
Lavinia
@lavinia
6 years ago
212 posts

I am not in this world to live up to other people's expectations, nor do I feel that the world must live up to mine. 5star.gifI Like this quoteI dislike this quote

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; because there is not effort without error and shortcomings; but who does actually strive to do the deed; who knows the great enthusiasm, the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement and who at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly. So that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

and...

Enjoy life. This is not a dress rehearsal. :D:D:D

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book