knujac2003
@knujac2003
last year
19 posts

Do some research I myself have taken the class The Way of the Shaman®  Shamanic Journeying, Power, and Healing  The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism. I have read books on the subject written by Michael Harner and Carlos Castaneda. Try this link http://www.shamanism.org/ good luck on your path.

Rene''
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,195 posts
I have only studied a little on the subject but it seems very interesting. I have also read some on Druidism but I'm not a pagan at this point of time.

I think you should do what feels right to you. It may be your calling and if not you have learned something new and have a greater knowledge of all spiritual realms. Your on the right path if your are being drowned to knowing different beliefs.
I find truth in all.
Lotusfly
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

I'm very interested in this too. When I was going through my dark night of the soul, I thought I was training through life experience to be a Shaman. However, I now realize there's a lot more to it than that :) Taking courses sounds like a great idea if you are in a time and place to be able to do that. You could start with researching online if you haven't already and see how much self-teaching you can acquire. I would advise meditating daily and possibly trying astral projection to see if it's something you can do. Good luck :)

Rene''
Rene''
@rene
last year
1,195 posts
I have been experimenting with astral projection lately and I have had some Trippy trips. Lol.
Nocturne's Angel
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
last year
928 posts

Rene'': I have been experimenting with astral projection lately and I have had some Trippy trips. Lol.

Are you referring to journeying or astral projection/travel?

Nocturne's Angel
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
last year
928 posts

Lotusfly:

I'm very interested in this too. When I was going through my dark night of the soul, I thought I was training through life experience to be a Shaman. However, I now realize there's a lot more to it than that :) Taking courses sounds like a great idea if you are in a time and place to be able to do that. You could start with researching online if you haven't already and see how much self-teaching you can acquire. I would advise meditating daily and possibly trying astral projection to see if it's something you can do. Good luck :)

Are you referring to actual journeying or simply astral projection/travel?

Lotusfly
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
last year
410 posts

Nocturne's Angel:

Lotusfly:

I'm not sure what you mean by actual journeying here. I only mentioned astral projection and that's because it's similar/a start to shamanic rituals. Why do you ask?

knujac2003
@knujac2003
last year
19 posts

Lotusfly:

Nocturne's Angel:

Lotusfly:

I'm not sure what you mean by actual journeying here. I only mentioned astral projection and that's because it's similar/a start to shamanic rituals. Why do you ask?

Shamanic  Journeying is the basic thing in shamanism to visit the different worlds.  In order to journey one uses a drum, rattle, chanting, plants, etc to go into a shamanic state of consciousness to travel to the lower, middle , and upper worlds.  In these worlds is where you get your knowledge met your power animal , human teacher,and do a lot of your shamanic work. 

Want to reply? Login here

From Our Sponsors

• empath book