Being pulled towards being a shaman, or "shamanism"

To post a reply, login or signup

Corey Easton
@corey-easton
10 months ago
62 posts

a lot of intuition and events happening have been pulling me towards this. What do you guys think, or do you have any knowledge on this?

updated by @corey-easton: 05/18/17 04:08:26PM
knujac2003
@knujac2003
10 months ago
19 posts

Do some research I myself have taken the class The Way of the Shaman®  Shamanic Journeying, Power, and Healing  The Basic Workshop in Core Shamanism. I have read books on the subject written by Michael Harner and Carlos Castaneda. Try this link http://www.shamanism.org/ good luck on your path.

Rene''
@rene
10 months ago
1,194 posts
I have only studied a little on the subject but it seems very interesting. I have also read some on Druidism but I'm not a pagan at this point of time.

I think you should do what feels right to you. It may be your calling and if not you have learned something new and have a greater knowledge of all spiritual realms. Your on the right path if your are being drowned to knowing different beliefs.
I find truth in all.
modernempath
@modernempath
10 months ago
1 posts
I felt the same way a few years ago. I actually began training in shamanism because 1) I was pulled toward it and 2) I thought it would be the answer to learning how to master my empathy. Turns out it actually did teach me how to learn how to master empathy, just not in the way I was expecting. I was expecting to suddenly have insight and just Know everything about being an empath, but what wound up happening is that I had to go through a ton of trials that helped me become an empowered person which led to me becoming an empowered empath.

If you are considering shamanism, I highly recommend diving in. It can be a challenging road but you will grow in ways you never imagined. I have been training through Shamanism 101 which has been amazing. It's affordable and you get a mentor to guide you (I promise I'm not trying to make a sales pitch, it has just been amazingly beneficial for me). Best of luck!
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
10 months ago
410 posts

I'm very interested in this too. When I was going through my dark night of the soul, I thought I was training through life experience to be a Shaman. However, I now realize there's a lot more to it than that :) Taking courses sounds like a great idea if you are in a time and place to be able to do that. You could start with researching online if you haven't already and see how much self-teaching you can acquire. I would advise meditating daily and possibly trying astral projection to see if it's something you can do. Good luck :)

Rene''
@rene
10 months ago
1,194 posts
I have been experimenting with astral projection lately and I have had some Trippy trips. Lol.
Hermes.V
@hermes
10 months ago
104 posts
Rene'':
I have been experimenting with astral projection lately and I have had some Trippy trips. Lol.
Oh, that sounds very interesting
Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
10 months ago
867 posts

Rene'': I have been experimenting with astral projection lately and I have had some Trippy trips. Lol.

Are you referring to journeying or astral projection/travel?

Nocturne's Angel
@nocturnes-angel
10 months ago
867 posts

Lotusfly:

I'm very interested in this too. When I was going through my dark night of the soul, I thought I was training through life experience to be a Shaman. However, I now realize there's a lot more to it than that :) Taking courses sounds like a great idea if you are in a time and place to be able to do that. You could start with researching online if you haven't already and see how much self-teaching you can acquire. I would advise meditating daily and possibly trying astral projection to see if it's something you can do. Good luck :)

Are you referring to actual journeying or simply astral projection/travel?

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
10 months ago
410 posts

Nocturne's Angel:

Lotusfly:

I'm not sure what you mean by actual journeying here. I only mentioned astral projection and that's because it's similar/a start to shamanic rituals. Why do you ask?

knujac2003
@knujac2003
10 months ago
19 posts

Lotusfly:

Nocturne's Angel:

Lotusfly:

I'm not sure what you mean by actual journeying here. I only mentioned astral projection and that's because it's similar/a start to shamanic rituals. Why do you ask?

Shamanic  Journeying is the basic thing in shamanism to visit the different worlds.  In order to journey one uses a drum, rattle, chanting, plants, etc to go into a shamanic state of consciousness to travel to the lower, middle , and upper worlds.  In these worlds is where you get your knowledge met your power animal , human teacher,and do a lot of your shamanic work. 

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book