The darkside of being an Empath

To post a reply, login or signup

Rene''
@rene
10 months ago
1,194 posts
I know I have posted something like this before but this is a very interesting article

https://www.facebook.com/thespiritscience/posts/1643731735667309
updated by @rene: 05/13/17 02:38:28PM
Rene''
@rene
10 months ago
1,194 posts
I can relate to the part of never giving myself completely to anyone. I never do. I'm always on guard.
Tundra2
@tundra2
10 months ago
57 posts

Very good article, I can relate to a few things in it.  Again I have a person come into my life that I feel treats me like I owe them (kindness, help, support, encouragement).  Nothing wrong with helping a  person but I feel like they expect it from me unconditionally.  It makes me angry that I let myself loose my self worth to help people.  This person at work can not even say good morning to me, yet bugs me all day with questions, we do not even do the same work.  When she gets told about doing something wrong, she looks to  me to support her.  I cannot do it.  I just cannot let her treat me like I am nothing until she needs me.

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
10 months ago
410 posts

I can see this. I see the dark side to being an emotional sponge, to being more aware/awake than most others, to being more "open" and vulnerable (to absorb others' emotions, we have to be open to them).

I often feel very exposed when I go out, as if people can see through me like I can see through them. But most other people have their head in the clouds...

Good article, Rene, thanks. I can relate :)

Lotusfly
@lotusfly
10 months ago
410 posts

A point I just thought of...the more darkness we embody, the more light we embody too. I believe that!

Most people love my light but there are very few that will stick around my darkness...

Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
10 months ago
726 posts
@rene
Thanks for sharing, I can definitely relate to the article. Was just experiencing an influx of negative emotions that I was dealing with this evening when I ran across your post....ahhh synchronicity.
Rene''
@rene
10 months ago
1,194 posts
Cat Whisperer:
@rene
Thanks for sharing, I can definitely relate to the article. Was just experiencing an influx of negative emotions that I was dealing with this evening when I ran across your post....ahhh synchronicity.

I'm glad you posted. You have been on my mind for some reason. Hope all is well.
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
10 months ago
726 posts
@rene
All is well...with the exception of being more "open" lately despite my cleansing, grounding, shielding, etc. At least I can discern that they are not my emotions...even though it feels like it, lol. I have found that crying is an effective way to purge the junk though 😊. Or should I say tearing? Cause it just runs down my face....then I smile...is that weird? Lol
updated by @cat-whisperer: 01/12/17 09:40:23PM
Lotusfly
@lotusfly
10 months ago
410 posts

Cat Whisperer: @rene All is well...with the exception of being more "open" lately despite my cleansing, grounding, shielding, etc. At least I can discern that they are not my emotions...even though it feels like it, lol. I have found that crying is an effective way to purge the junk though 😊. Or should I say tearing? Cause it just runs down my face....then I smile...is that weird? Lol

Crying is how I release negative emotions too. It's very effective :) 

Rene''
@rene
10 months ago
1,194 posts
No it's not weird. I do the same thing. For no apparent reason sometimes. Sometimes it takes tears to wash it all away.

I have been so nervous today. I hope everyone is ok. Don't know what has come over me. My dog is walking the floors also. He is probably picking up on my energy. Oh well. What ever will be..will be.
Glad to hear from you though. I even checked your profile to see when the last time you posted. Glad all is ok.
Cat Whisperer
@cat-whisperer
10 months ago
726 posts
😊

Share This

From Our Sponsors

• intuitive reading
  • empath book